HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 NHL Entry Draft Part 1

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2013, 09:51 PM
hab 4ever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
Not 2014 bound but Jeremy Roy already seeing a lot of ice-time for Sherbrooke. Looking good for the Q on d for 2015 with Roy and Léveillé among others.

edit: goal actually credited to Neill

Ehlers getting going for Halifax with a 2G, 1A night
Carrier is 2015 draft eligible too and so are quality rookies like Meloche, Brisebois and Bell, all of whom are already 6'1" and over at 16 years old which is quite rare in the Q. All and all, the 2015 NHL draft could be similiar to the 2013 one for the Q, without anyone in the top-5 (unless Hanifin comes over) but tons of top-3 rounds talent. A darhorse of mine is Victoriaville's Gabriel Gagné, a 6'4" late-bloomer
with good skills.

Old
09-20-2013, 09:54 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post
Carrier is 2015 draft eligible too and so are quality rookies like Meloche, Brisebois and Bell, all of whom are already 6'1" and over at 16 years old which is quite rare in the Q. All and all, the 2015 NHL draft could be similiar to the 2013 one for the Q, without anyone in the top-5 (unless Hanifin comes over) but tons of top-3 rounds talent. A darhorse of mine is Victoriaville's Gabriel Gagné, a 6'4" late-bloomer
with good skills.
really love this Meloche kid. Already off to a great start, thought he was a steal where he was picked. Baie-Comeau's system is perfect for his style of play as well.

Old
09-20-2013, 09:55 PM
hab 4ever

Also, really liked Audette tonight and BBL is a top team. So little established talent around him and Audette should have had at least 2 assists tonight if his linemates were first-line caliber. Great skill level, superb acceleration and offensive IQ. A serious notch above last year. Too small for a first round pick but would definitely take him in the second round.

Old
09-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Scuba-Steve

Being from Baie-Comeau and just got back from the Drakkar-Rempart game, i must say that Alexis Vanier has look great so far.

Old
09-20-2013, 10:35 PM
hab 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba-Steve View Post
Being from Baie-Comeau and just got back from the Drakkar-Rempart game, i must say that Alexis Vanier has look great so far.
Pretty insane start. 6'5" 225. No goal and 8 points last year. 7 points in 3 games this year, three-game point streK.

Old
09-21-2013, 06:07 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Not 2014 bound but Jeremy Roy already seeing a lot of ice-time for Sherbrooke. Looking good for the Q on d for 2015 with Roy and Léveillé among others.

edit: goal actually credited to Neill

Ehlers getting going for Halifax with a 2G, 1A night
Roy is mindblowing, what a hockey player... Je crois qu'on va l'aimer à Sherbrooke celui-là

Quote:
Pretty insane start. 6'5" 225. No goal and 8 points last year. 7 points in 3 games this year, three-game point streK.
He's playing on a stacked team, it's never a bad thing to produce, but I'll hang on 'till I see him 5-6 times before commenting on his true potential. Last year, he didn't stand out at all, to say the least. I'll keep an eye on him, that's for sure.

Last edited by QuebecPride: 09-21-2013 at 06:12 AM.
Old
09-21-2013, 06:14 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Also, really liked Audette tonight and BBL is a top team. So little established talent around him and Audette should have had at least 2 assists tonight if his linemates were first-line caliber. Great skill level, superb acceleration and offensive IQ. A serious notch above last year. Too small for a first round pick but would definitely take him in the second round.
He has to be more intense though, he doesn't fight nearly enough for loose pucks. He relies too much on his talent, if he wants to make the NHL he will have to work harder than that, and he will have to cut on the fancy plays a little bit, so many turnovers...

Old
09-21-2013, 10:23 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba-Steve View Post
I saw most of the game on Telus and also thought Vanier was impressive. It's too bad Gamelin is so small cause he played well.

Old
09-23-2013, 02:48 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Four goal night for Jared McCann this weekend. He has an impressive release

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=pipe42/lates...1009190/clip/0

Old
09-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Mathletic

Only a matter of time until Jeremy Roy got going. Already a goal and an assist tonight. Now at 2G and 2A in 5 games this season.

Old
09-27-2013, 08:18 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Good night for Goldobin.

Old
09-27-2013, 08:21 PM
That

After opening the season with four goals, McCann added another goal and an assist to his total. 6 points in 2 games so far.

Ritchie has been killing it, too. He has back-to-back two goal nights and the second game still isn't over. He has 5 goals and 2 assists in 4 games. He's also now listed at 6'3" 235.

Old
09-27-2013, 08:22 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Possible 2014 ain't as bad as advertised. Dunno about the depth of it yet, though.

Old
09-28-2013, 07:51 PM
Mathletic

Really liking Ehlers so far. Very good skills, showing some grit as well against Baie-Comeau tonight. Rough game so far, 100+ PIM given up.

Old
09-28-2013, 07:59 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Possible 2014 ain't as bad as advertised. Dunno about the depth of it yet, though.
It's really not that bad overall, forward group is subpar.

Old
09-28-2013, 09:34 PM
That

Watched Owen Sound versus Sudbury tonight and a pair of draft eligibles really stood out.

The first was Sudbury's Matt Schmalz (C). He's huge, at 6'6", but definitely hasn't filled out yet. I liked how responsible he was defensively and his hands are fantastic, especially for his size. His skating still has a ways to go, but he moves around fairly good. Schmalz tried to be assertive, but he clearly doesn't have the strength to be effective yet. It should be interesting to watch him this year and see how he progresses.

The second was Owen Sound's Jaden Lindo (RW). After a fairly good rookie season, his sophomore season has gotten off to a great start. With his intensity and compete level he's such a fun player to watch. He used his speed and strength to cut to the net hard multiple times and looked fantastic on the forecheck. He plays a gritty game, but I'm sure how much skill he actually possesses. Regardless, he'll be a player to keep an eye on.

Old
09-28-2013, 10:05 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Really liking Ehlers so far. Very good skills, showing some grit as well against Baie-Comeau tonight. Rough game so far, 100+ PIM given up.
He's very chippy. Lots of skill. Some N/A ice translation to do. He reminds me a lot of Frk, actually.

Old
09-29-2013, 09:45 PM
MXD

I'm really eager to see Alexis Vanier when BC will come to Gatineau -- I liked him in my limited viewings last season (as in, he didn't play that much) and knew it wasn't his draft year.

And he really started the season with a bang.

Old
09-29-2013, 09:59 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Drafts are always proclaimed to be bad, or not as good as years past. Then as it gets closer and closer to the draft, it becomes clear it's good in either depth, or top end talent.

Just reading these comments, it would seem this draft would be prefect for a team to stock up on skilled, and players with size.

Though, that's 3-6 games into the season. A lot can change.

Old
09-30-2013, 09:19 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
The going will be tough in the Atlantic division have no doubt about that, the smaller players the Habs count on could be in for long seasons with many injuries IMO. This fact coupled with Detroit joining the Habs division could result in the Habs missing the playoffs again.

If so then expect lots of callups from Hamilton giving the kids some experience and quite probably some trade deadline deals for more draft picks. Another good draft will go a long way to providing depth in the future when the Habs do make the playoffs regularly once again.

Defencemen should be the key for this draft after the 1st round and who knows maybe the Habs BPA could be Haydn Fleury or Carl Neill. Forwards I'm still looking at the Nicks, Ehlers, Ritchie and Schmaltz and Daniel Audette who could be a great little winger.

Old
09-30-2013, 04:52 PM
zaluty

Keep an eye on a kid named Dylan DiPerna. Big dman that plays for Kingston. Could be a steal in the 2nd round.

Old
09-30-2013, 07:01 PM
odishabs

1st round - Blake Clarke LW (North Bay) 6'1

2nd round - Alex Peters LD (Plymouth) 6'3

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Collberg

Clarke - Eller - Gallagher

Hudon - De La Rose - McCarron

Crisp - Bournival - XXXXX

Tinordi - Subban

Beaulieu - XXXXX

Peters - XXXXX

Old
10-01-2013, 04:39 PM
That

Speaking of Blake Clarke, I'm surprised there hasn't been more mention of him here.

Personally, I'm not nearly as high on him as others are. You have to love his compete level, along with his skating and size, but I haven't seen the high offensive ceiling yet. I think he'll be an NHLer, no doubt, but more than complementary piece of the second/third line? I'm not sure. I don't think he has the puck skills or the hockey sense to become more.

At the same time, he's one of the more entertaining players to watch in this draft class, so I'm looking forward to watching him play. He possesses a lot of interesting tools to work with, to say the least.

Old
10-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Speaking of Blake Clarke, I'm surprised there hasn't been more mention of him here.

Personally, I'm not nearly as high on him as others are. You have to love his compete level, along with his skating and size, but I haven't seen the high offensive ceiling yet. I think he'll be an NHLer, no doubt, but more than complementary piece of the second/third line? I'm not sure. I don't think he has the puck skills or the hockey sense to become more.

At the same time, he's one of the more entertaining players to watch in this draft class, so I'm looking forward to watching him play. He possesses a lot of interesting tools to work with, to say the least.
That, could you throw out 4 or 5 names of d-man in the OHL that are interesting prospects likely to go in the early part of the upcoming draft. Thanks.

Old
10-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 713
My wishlist consists of a potential Top-4 steady reliable defenseman

Closed Thread