HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Should Not Delay Contract Talks With Stars

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-03-2013, 06:02 PM
  #26
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 1,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
Good point, actually. The same Devils fans getting giddy over the idea of Lundqvist - who has spent his entire career here and loves it - leaving and warning us to "not pencil in" Lundqvist beyond this season are the same ones assuming Schneider is the long-term solution for the Devils despite having no prior connection to the team and having complete control over his destiny two years from now.
Yea but more than likely that's just them ribbing us b/c we're rivals.

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 09:38 AM
  #27
Jax1166
Registered User
 
Jax1166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: I-95
Country: United States
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 500
I'd be more comfortable if the Rangers followed the Pens and Bruins approaches where their core players do not became FAs and are aggressively re-signed.

Chara, Savard, Bergeron, Lucic, Marchand, Rask
Crosby, Malkin, Letang

Sather get on the ball and sign all three please.

Jax1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 09:54 AM
  #28
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,341
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
I'd be more comfortable if the Rangers followed the Pens and Bruins approaches where their core players do not became FAs and are aggressively re-signed.

Chara, Savard, Bergeron, Lucic, Marchand, Rask
Crosby, Malkin, Letang

Sather get on the ball and sign all three please.
Outside of Lundqvist, no other Ranger FA to be is anywhere near the kind of player you mention.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 10:18 AM
  #29
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Handicap spot
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,483
vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Outside of Lundqvist, no other Ranger FA to be is anywhere near the kind of player you mention.
Callahan/Girardi's "name power" is probably at a similar level to Marchand's.

But holy hell nitpicking! I agree with your point.

Blue Blooded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 10:26 AM
  #30
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 13,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Outside of Lundqvist, no other Ranger FA to be is anywhere near the kind of player you mention.
Exactly. You take a look at those names and then realize the Rangers options are Callahan, Girardi, Stepan, etc. Good, but not great players. Kind of sad, really.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 10:58 AM
  #31
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Handicap spot
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,483
vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Exactly. You take a look at those names and then realize the Rangers options are Callahan, Girardi, Stepan, etc. Good, but not great players. Kind of sad, really.
Stepan is in that echelon, at least among the Boston players. He's just an RFA.

Marchand's RFA negontiations took forever.

Blue Blooded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 06:52 PM
  #32
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,003
vCash: 500
if i was one of those stars, i'd wait a bit to make sure AV wasn't making the Rangers a hell hole to work in/for. NYR should definitely have a lot of the ground work in ASAP though

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 05:59 PM
  #33
RichardsRngrs
Registered User
 
RichardsRngrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
I still don't see what Stepans options are?
What is he doing, is there really a negotiation when he can't arbitrate or FA?


Last edited by RichardsRngrs: 09-13-2013 at 06:00 PM. Reason: spelling
RichardsRngrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 07:42 AM
  #34
Jax1166
Registered User
 
Jax1166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: I-95
Country: United States
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 500
Alright

Now I am pissed off.
WTF is Sather doing!

I do not understand his strategy.
Why can't we be like the Bruins or Penguins?
Those teams made it a goal to take care of their stars BEFORE free agency.

Savard
Chara
Bergeron
Lucic
Marchand
Rask
Fleury
Crosby
Malkin
Letang


So um why is Sather being a jerk and not only holding out Stepan but also NOT re-singing
Lundqvist
Callahan
Girardi

Does he not realize you need to do this SOONER to prevent them from walking?
I am worried big time this is going to end with Stepan having a bad season, and of the big names leaving due to Sather's intrancigance.

Jax1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 08:22 AM
  #35
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 30,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
Now I am pissed off.
WTF is Sather doing!

I do not understand his strategy.
Why can't we be like the Bruins or Penguins?
Those teams made it a goal to take care of their stars BEFORE free agency.

Savard
Chara
Bergeron
Lucic
Marchand
Rask
Fleury
Crosby
Malkin
Letang


So um why is Sather being a jerk and not only holding out Stepan but also NOT re-singing
Lundqvist
Callahan
Girardi

Does he not realize you need to do this SOONER to prevent them from walking?
I am worried big time this is going to end with Stepan having a bad season, and of the big names leaving due to Sather's intrancigance.
Shouldn't the onus be on Stepan to get his ass into camp? He isn't doing himself any favors sitting at home. He isn't getting everything he wants. The issue with Lunqvist is term. He will be 32 at the end of this season. Eight years takes him to 40. The Rangers want a shorter term.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 08:23 AM
  #36
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,569
vCash: 500
The fact that those players haven't been re-signed yet doesn't mean that Sather/Gorton haven't been talking to their agents, that they haven't been trying to get a deal done. It just means that a deal hasn't gotten done yet. It's been reported many times that they've been talking to Lundqvist's agent.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 08:27 AM
  #37
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
The fact that those players haven't been re-signed yet doesn't mean that Sather/Gorton haven't been talking to their agents, that they haven't been trying to get a deal done. It just means that a deal hasn't gotten done yet. It's been reported many times that they've been talking to Lundqvist's agent.
nah man we suck in that department... we never take care of our own...

other teams stars are signed even before they start going into their seasons on their final year of contracts

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 08:29 AM
  #38
free0717
Registered User
 
free0717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Shouldn't the onus be on Stepan to get his ass into camp? He isn't doing himself any favors sitting at home. He isn't getting everything he wants. The issue with Lunqvist is term. He will be 32 at the end of this season. Eight years takes him to 40. The Rangers want a shorter term.
I would give Henrik the 8 year deal. As long as the last two years pay are equal to the AAV.
This will prevent the recapture penalties in case Lundquist retires. By that time, If Hank is getting paid 8M+ per, and is too old to play at this level, I would consider this his bonus. Most great players wont be able to perform at the level they are at now at the end of there contracts. This is the price we have to pay. Like I said before, as long as the last two years of the contract are equal to the AAV, I am cool with 8 years.

The team really needs to lock up Girardi and Cally. The longer they wait, the harder its gonna be.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.