Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2013, 05:54 PM
hardoil3232

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
Dear Alex,
We are having problem negotiating with your team in a trade.Please do not report to your team so we can get you for nothing.History has shown they will cave and give their O/A away.We can't offer you any compensation as that would a violation of OHL rules.Please accept the 1000 bushel of soybeans from our farm which is a seperate business and they will never catch it.Signed Mark and Dale
perhaps Larry wants to own soyabeans

Old
09-18-2013, 07:49 PM
bobbygore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
I disagree, The deal will happen in mid October when the Knights know who they get back from NHL camps. Basso staying home, IMO, is more to keep from getting injured then cause he does not want to play for the Sting.

Him staying home is not going to effect his trade value.
Really ? Do you remember former Sting captain and Team Canada member Richard Clune when he sat out as OA and then went home demanded a trade ? The Sting got back a third liner and a few picks on that deal. This situation will be made worse if it is true that Basso can pick the teams he wants to go to. Anyone who thinks this won't effect the value of the deal is dreaming.

Last edited by bobbygore: 09-18-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old
09-18-2013, 08:51 PM
RyanHPscout
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygore View Post
Really ? Do you remember former Sting captain and Team Canada member Richard Clune when he sat out as OA and then went home demanded a trade ? The Sting got back a third liner and a few picks on that deal. This situation will be made worse if it is true that Basso can pick the teams he wants to go to. Anyone who thinks this won't effect the value of the deal is dreaming.

Last edited by RyanHPscout: 09-18-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old
09-19-2013, 07:36 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygore View Post
First off, Clune wasn't an OA. Secondly he was a d-Bag. The Sting were just happy to get rid of him.

As for Basso, there is more than one team that wants him from my understanding. Also, he is one of the top OA available. Those two reasons should keep his value up.

Now if it gets into November and he hasn't been traded, then I could see his value diminish.

Old
09-19-2013, 12:15 PM
krauss72

have heard we dealt Basso to the Knights for 2nd in 2015 (Barrie) and two thirds in 2014 (Barrie and Kingston)

Old
09-19-2013, 12:18 PM
jwalk

Quote:
First off, Clune wasn't an OA. Secondly he was a d-Bag. The Sting were just happy to get rid of him.

As for Basso, there is more than one team that wants him from my understanding. Also, he is one of the top OA available. Those two reasons should keep his value up.

Now if it gets into November and he hasn't been traded, then I could see his value diminish.
Good to see the team put some picks back into the cupboard.

Old
09-19-2013, 12:25 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Good trade for both teams. Basso is going to explode offensively in London

Old
09-19-2013, 12:45 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by krauss72 View Post
have heard we dealt Basso to the Knights for 2nd in 2015 (Barrie) and two thirds in 2014 (Barrie and Kingston)
If true,I think that the Sting did awesome.Good for both teams.Glad we didnt get another player back.Lucky for the Sting,quality O/A players were in short supply. Looking forward to our own rookies developing.

Old
09-19-2013, 12:47 PM
RyanHPscout
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

That's the thing, several teams need a puck moving defenseman and this is a completely different situation for the Sting and for the player.

From the perspective of the player an NHL team held Clune's rights. He wasn't concerned. Basso just got an invite to a rookie camp and rookie tournament. He got a taste of this level and knows he's capable of playing at it and wants to prove himself and get an NHL deal, so he doesn't want to sit out for an extended period of time as an OA.

For the team, they needed a roster player back in the Clune deal cause they were looking to make some noise, they didn't need one back this time around.

Sarnia got a very fair return for Basso in this deal. As I mentioned on Twitter, Based on what I've seen so far, I expect the 2014 OHL Draft to be a little deeper than usual, so Sarnia could turn those 3rd's next year into two solid young players.

Old
09-19-2013, 12:48 PM
ErieOttersNews
Bura Come Back

vCash: 200
Solid trade for both teams. London gets that dman they needed but Sarnia got a nice return. They didn't really need any players with a good group of young guys playing this season, and those are some good picks that can be great if used right.

Old
09-19-2013, 02:45 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Sarnia did well in this....better than most expected from all the talk over the last few days. Those are some good picks!
I am very happy with the player we got though too so.....win win?

Old
09-19-2013, 09:13 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Was at the Spits- Gens game tonight and Sarnia better prepare themselves for the Dal Colle-Sterk- Hunter Smith line. They were all over the Spits defensemen testing them often.

Oshawa looked a lot better than I expected

Old
09-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Shaun Bisson

vCash: 50
People were asking about lines earlier and I tweeted them while I was at practice today, but I'll post them here as well.

Trevor wouldn't comment but these were the lines they ran at practice

Korostelev-Latta-Moore.
Kodola-Goldobin-Hargrave.
Brown-Nikandrov-White.
Renaud-Ciccarelli-Bushnell.
Carnevale - Addesi

DeAngelo-Duininck.
Chapman-Hore.
DiPaolo-King.
Core-Schlichting.

Barrick was in the home net and that usually indicates starting.

Old
09-20-2013, 01:17 PM
massey

Key to tonights game for the Sting is stay out of the penality box.Oshawa's big power play line will eat us up.We dont have the PK like last year.Good Luck Sting

Old
09-20-2013, 01:23 PM
Shaun Bisson

vCash: 50
In case anyone wants to join in on my pre-game chat for today...

http://www.theobserver.ca/2013/09/18...ener-live-chat

Old
09-21-2013, 07:39 AM
massey

Game one review

Young team,we are going to have games like this

PP looked terrible,only one game though,we looked better 5 on 5
Sting wasnt hard on the puck at all tonite,waited for someone else to get it
turn overs galour
did fight back only to loose the game
Gotta keep out of penality box
Oshawa goalie played excellent
players
Schlichting looked scared and didnt know what to do
Goldobin,too many give aways and soft on the puck including passes although he made 1 defensive play
White,didnt look good at all
Korostelev,wasnt even a factor tonite
Hargrave ,good game,lots of chances
Kodola,good chances coming along
Duininck and Chapman,solid
Barrick,was OK

Old
09-21-2013, 10:43 AM
dansk55

Quote:
Game one review

Young team,we are going to have games like this

PP looked terrible,only one game though,we looked better 5 on 5
Sting wasnt hard on the puck at all tonite,waited for someone else to get it
turn overs galour
did fight back only to loose the game
Gotta keep out of penality box
Oshawa goalie played excellent
players
Schlichting looked scared and didnt know what to do
Goldobin,too many give aways and soft on the puck including passes although he made 1 defensive play
White,didnt look good at all
Korostelev,wasnt even a factor tonite
Hargrave ,good game,lots of chances
Kodola,good chances coming along
Duininck and Chapman,solid
Barrick,was OK
hargrave looked good? Huh, thought he was not very effective...slow to puck and didn't drive to net. Barrick gave up three softies... WTF was he doing with the giveaway, and where were his teemmates. Two russians too many for one line... like to stick handle and pass but from russian to russian. Goldobin can stickhandle in tight...nice goal but stickhandles too much.
Our positional play was not good...who will carnival and addessi replace next game?

Old
09-21-2013, 10:57 AM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansk55 View Post
hargrave looked good? Huh, thought he was not very effective...slow to puck and didn't drive to net. Barrick gave up three softies... WTF was he doing with the giveaway, and where were his teemmates. Two russians too many for one line... like to stick handle and pass but from russian to russian. Goldobin can stickhandle in tight...nice goal but stickhandles too much.
Our positional play was not good...who will carnival and addessi replace next game?
Replace Renaud with Addesi,White with Ciccerelle and put Carnevale on wing.Renaud did nothing along with White.If Renaud wants to stay with the team he needs to show some toughness and protect his teamates.Agree where was Barricks teammates.The Sting watched the puck most the night. Replace Schlichting with Dipaolo for his toughness. We need Chapman to play defense not fighting.

Old
09-21-2013, 11:11 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Replace Renaud with Addesi,White with Ciccerelle and put Carnevale on wing.Renaud did nothing along with White.If Renaud wants to stay with the team he needs to show some toughness and protect his teamates.Agree where was Barricks teammates.The Sting watched the puck most the night. Replace Schlichting with Dipaolo for his toughness. We need Chapman to play defense not fighting.
I completely disagree with your assessment on Renaud. I thought the 4th line played their role great. For there limited ice time, they went out there and created energy. All three were hitting guys.

The only real disappointment i had last night was the play of BB in the last 10 min. Once the team gets the systems down, IMO there will be less turnovers and they will be going harder on the puck.

Kodola reminds me of Goldbin at the beginning of last season, Useless but makes a couple of plays and gets points.

Old
09-21-2013, 12:37 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Sting fans continue to grumble haha.

Old
09-21-2013, 01:31 PM
SarniaSting101

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
No kidding right? I would like to know the playing experience of everyone so critical? Have anyone of you skated full speed down the ice with someone's stick grinding at you? Have you ever taken a check so hard into the boards from someone 6" taller and 25 pounds heavier? Have you ever stood in front of a puck travelling at a great speed?
Not sure how anyone can say these "very young men" disappointed you? A true fan will remain positive. It's one game!

Old
09-21-2013, 04:05 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
Seems to make a difference on who is buying their tickets and who doesn't

Old
09-21-2013, 05:02 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Seems to make a difference on who is buying their tickets and who doesn't
I buy tickets all the time. Makes no difference to me. Not everything is negative about this team, especially with the recent changing of the guard.

Faults are easy to point out but encouraging compliments rarely get pointed out on this board (moreso than any other team board)

I'm optimistic about the direction this team is headed and fan support is definitely needed in order to change the overall atmosphere. I'm sure it's tough for long time followers who have been patient and let down countless times to remain optimistic and dedicated, but clearly some fans keep coming back an that's awesome...especially if they can encourage these kids through what will be a challenging year.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:08 PM
jolly roger

Based on last night's game, we still are very shaky in the net. This last move will be seen as desperation, and Brody must be shaken by that last second goal?

Old
09-23-2013, 01:04 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Justin Fazio performing well for Lambton Shores coming off of a 52-save performance. This is a great experience for the young net minder seeing lots of rubber and getting some Jr B starts

Closed Thread