HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Is Moen tradable?

Old
09-20-2013, 07:32 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

vCash: 500
Im sure moen will have a great value after this year... since he most likely win the nobel peace award.

Montreal Impact FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 07:40 PM
habsfanatics*

I'd much rather keep him.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 10:07 PM
calder candidate

Moen will have a better season this year but he isn't part of the future, he doesn't really impact the present.
We should trade him, but regardless of how useless I think he is on the ice, he is still asset for someone and MB need to get maxium return for that asset and I think the best time to get maxium return will be at this years deadline.

We have miss too many opportunity in the past to trade asset and the deadline just to lost them to UFA(Sourray, Komi, Streit) or see there value drop off drastically the next year. Moen will have some value we need to cash in while we can. Blunden, Bournival or Holland can step in for him without missing a beat

calder candidate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 10:31 PM
Brainiac
Registered Offender

Trade him for whatever player with a family name that sounds funny if placed before 'in Glory'.

Brainiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I'd much rather keep him.
Ladies qnd gentlemen, he exists, we have found Travis Moen's fan!

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 02:22 AM
Runner77

vCash: 0
I'm all for trading him, if value can be had, obviously. Don't think he should be given away.

His best aptitude was supposed to be playing a physical role without being a defensive liability. For whatever reason, he was far from being that type of player last year -- just hoping that last year was about certain issues now having been resolved, rather than his morphing into a less intense player just cause he was able to secure a long-term deal.

With most others here, I concur that he'd make a great deadline deal player, all depending where we are at that point.

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 01:03 PM
overlords
#FakeBlous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
I'm all for trading him, if value can be had, obviously. Don't think he should be given away.

His best aptitude was supposed to be playing a physical role without being a defensive liability. For whatever reason, he was far from being that type of player last year -- just hoping that last year was about certain issues now having been resolved, rather than his morphing into a less intense player just cause he was able to secure a long-term deal.

With most others here, I concur that he'd make a great deadline deal player, all depending where we are at that point.
You have it completely backwards. Moen's strength is being able to play a shut down defensive role with having an edge of physicality to his game. People expecting him to be some sort of bruiser are suffering from their own misguided expectations.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Shaby23

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You have it completely backwards. Moen's strength is being able to play a shut down defensive role with having an edge of physicality to his game. People expecting him to be some sort of bruiser are suffering from their own misguided expectations.
Doesn't matter, right now he does neither of that . I still have faith that he will bounce back this season.

Shaby23 is offline   Reply With Quote