HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mtl/Van

Old
09-18-2013, 07:32 AM
rypper
FIRE BENNING.

vCash: 50
I'm calling it right now that Schneider will have a statistically better season than Price will.

rypper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 08:49 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rypper View Post
I'm calling it right now that Schneider will have a statistically better season than Price will.
Possibly, but it won't be as a full fledged number 1. He's going to be playing behind Brodeur and probably won't play more than 35-40 games if he even plays that much.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 10:50 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
So essentially Vancouver will have given up 2 starting goalies for Price? Vancouver's GM Would be replaced within an hour.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 02:10 PM
Darth Joker

I'll admit its tempting from a Habs perspective. Horvat is a very nice prospect.

Still, if the Habs make this trade, they're gambling that Lou either ages like fine wine or that Fucale is ready for No. 1 duties in 2 or 3 years. I just don't like gambling like that with the No. 1 goalie position, even if Horvat is mighty tempting.

I guess from the Canucks perspective, it depends on what their organization thinks of Horvat and Lack. If they're high on both, this trade makes no sense for them.

I'm curious to get Bourne Endeavour's take on this trade idea as he's a fan of both teams, IIRC.

But high-stakes trades like this one only get made when two teams are desperate for a major shake-up. I don't think either the Habs or the Canucks are that desperate.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 02:18 PM
dwanmaster*
Rap Game Adam Banks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
Possibly, but it won't be as a full fledged number 1. He's going to be playing behind Brodeur and probably won't play more than 35-40 games if he even plays that much.
You have Brodeur and Schneider's roles mixed up

dwanmaster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 05:45 PM
AustinAK20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggestLeafsFanEVER View Post
To Montreal:
Roberto Luongo
Bo Horvat

To Vancouver:
Carey Price

I seems like both goalies could use a fresh start in a new city. Because of Luongo's age and contract, Vancouver could sweeten the deal with Horvat, which would give Montreal some much needed size up front.
This has to be a joke

AustinAK20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 06:04 PM
K2B
angel morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by centrehice View Post

This is just great, and shows how stupid this thread is. So you guys are comparing the goalies, and saying who's better (even though luongo was a backup last year), but you don't want to argue about luongo having more value... in a trade forum... in a trade proposal, where the only relevant information is value???

Trades are made on value. Mid 30s, top tier players do not have the same value as top tier 20somethings.

Case closed.
Do you lack reading comprehension? The other poster laughed at the idea of Luongo being an upgrade over Price, it's quite obvious it was directed at playing ability not trade value. In terms of playing ability Luongo is better, and I really can't see how you could possibly refute that.

09-18-2013, 07:22 PM
SighReally

According to Habs fans, the value and talent of a goaltender can only be assessed by whether they're a starter or a backup.

I mean, clearly Luongo is worse because Price was a starter and Luongo a back up last season. Disregard all previous accomplishments and statistics.

Also Schneider is an inferior goaltender because he's playing behind Brodeur. Clearly. Never mind that there are plenty of better arguments. But he's a backup!!!!!

SighReally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 07:38 PM
otto bond

Bad trade for Montreal IMO. Let's face it, goalie can benefited from the team in front of them and Vancouver has a better group of players overall. Also, both goalies in Vancouver hasn't done better then Price once the pressure was on. In matter of fact, I don't think any other goalie in this league has had to deal with the outside pressure more then Price(At 2nd Reimer is also getting it from leafs the fans and Media)
Also the most important stats is the cup.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 07:54 PM
jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
2 years ago your awesome team came 3rd last in the league. This year they BARELY made the playoffs because of Price ******** the bed down the stretch. If it was an 82 game season, they would've probably missed the playoffs.

lol wat..
Barely made the playoffs.
Wake up and smell the coffee.They were 4th overall in the league.But thats barely making the playoffs.

Last edited by spiny norman: 09-18-2013 at 11:53 PM. Reason: [/QUOTE]
jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 07:00 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Hawks Offseason WOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Bad trade for Montreal IMO. Let's face it, goalie can benefited from the team in front of them and Vancouver has a better group of players overall. Also, both goalies in Vancouver hasn't done better then Price once the pressure was on. In matter of fact, I don't think any other goalie in this league has had to deal with the outside pressure more then Price(At 2nd Reimer is also getting it from leafs the fans and Media)
Luongo has.

Face it, except for 2011, Price has been horrible in the playoffs.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 07:26 PM
K2B
angel morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Luongo's led his team to game 7 of the finals, won an Olympic Gold Medal and won 2 World Championship Gold Medals that's much, much better than Price's WJC Gold and 1 playoff series win.

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 08:10 PM
CanuckLuck

Quote:
Won't happen. Schneider will get the majority of the starts. His ability is very undermined in here. Brodeur will be a good mentor for him this season. it's quite clear Brodeur is past his prime and his ability isn't where it use to be.

My guess is Schneider will start 50 games.

CanuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 03:18 AM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggestLeafsFanEVER View Post
I think the fact that both fanbases think my suggestion is horrible for their own team means it's probably a very fair trade.

If the Canucks fans are convinced it's so onesided then maybe Montreal could also add Leblanc or a 3rd.
Havent read a single Montreal fan who said the trade is no good.

But for the sake of argument , lets test your theory.

To Vancouver
Galyenchuk

To Montreal
Chris Higgins

As a Canuck fan this trade stinks for us as Higgins is a proven NHL pro with multiple 20 goal seasons 2 presidents trophies and a 7 game finals on his resume.

Montreal would have to add Eller to even it out.

The Canadians fans do not agree. They would never do this trade and value Galyenchuk very highly. You couldnt even offer 3 Higgins for him.

So, both fan bases HATE that trade so its a fair deal.

Get er done. Win /win

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 03:26 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
It will be Schneiders job by Christmas. Broduer will be playing 30 games, not Schneider.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 06:09 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
I'll admit its tempting from a Habs perspective. Horvat is a very nice prospect.

Still, if the Habs make this trade, they're gambling that Lou either ages like fine wine or that Fucale is ready for No. 1 duties in 2 or 3 years. I just don't like gambling like that with the No. 1 goalie position, even if Horvat is mighty tempting.

I guess from the Canucks perspective, it depends on what their organization thinks of Horvat and Lack. If they're high on both, this trade makes no sense for them.

I'm curious to get Bourne Endeavour's take on this trade idea as he's a fan of both teams, IIRC.

But high-stakes trades like this one only get made when two teams are desperate for a major shake-up. I don't think either the Habs or the Canucks are that desperate.
Bah, I missed this post. Okay, here we go!

You have actually summed it up quite nicely. From Montreal's perspective, their ought to be some interest, albeit mild. Horvat is projected to have Bergeron/Kesler's ceiling and watching the kid play, you can vaguely see the similarities. His offensive game needs to develop, but the talent is apparent. A duo of Galchenyuk and Horvat would be something special.

I also find Luongo's supposed decline somewhat overstated. Last season, with the exception of two games he was hung out to dry and left in for the duration of both blowouts, he put up Vezina numbers. While he may not mimic that performance again, watching him these past few years gives me the impression of a goalie who will compete long into into his career.

The issue, of course, is whether Fucale could replace Luongo when the time inevitably comes. Still, I would argue that is 3-5 years down the road. And just for the sake of completeness. Yes, I do believe Luongo could handle the pressure of Montreal. Canuck fans are merciless to goaltenders already. He's use to it by now, sadly.

Vancouver, on the other hand, gets absolutely reamed - essentially having traded both Luongo and Schneider for Price. The difference between the latter two is negligible at best right now, meaning Vancouver may as well have kept Schneider, traded Luongo for the two seconds Toronto offered and be ahead in picks verse getting nothing.

So it's decent for Montreal, as Horvat allows Plekanec to be dealt in a year or so for another good return, preferably at wing. For Vancouver though, it's terrible.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 11:16 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Hawks Offseason WOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogaine View Post

To Vancouver
Galyenchuk

To Montreal
Chris Higgins

As a Canuck fan this trade stinks for us as Higgins is a proven NHL pro with multiple 20 goal seasons 2 presidents trophies and a 7 game finals on his resume.

The Canadians fans do not agree. They would never do this trade and value Galyenchuk very highly. You couldnt even offer 3 Higgins for him.

Get er done. Win /win
If the Canuck fans would not agree to that trade...well, I don't even know where to begin

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 12:36 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogaine View Post

To Vancouver
Galyenchuk

To Montreal
Chris Higgins

Get er done. Win /win
The difference is very few teams would trade a top ranked goalie (which Price is) for anything less then a player like Horvat and Montreal taking Luongo is saving Vancouver a buyout and the $22 million cost.

Even a goalie like Varlamov fetched a decent return, so I don't understand how you're comparing that situation to trading Higgins for Galchenyuk because Montreal could do a lot better by accepting any of the 20 - 25 offers that would be significantly better for Galchenyuk.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
The difference is very few teams would trade a top ranked goalie (which Price is) for anything less then a player like Horvat and Montreal taking Luongo is saving Vancouver a buyout and the $22 million cost.

Even a goalie like Varlamov fetched a decent return, so I don't undertand how you're comparing that situation to trading Higgins for Galchenyuk because Montreal could do a lot better by accepting any of the 20 - 25 offers that would be significantly better for Galchenyuk.
Counting the contract, id have valued Schneider as much, or more than, Price, and he fetched the pick that got Horvat. Now packaging Horvat with our current starter for Price makes 0 sense for us.

That's his point. You're not doing us a favour in taking Lu, and the difference in value to us is definitely not Horvat.

We have 0 interest in moving Horvat, and short of a massive overpayment, which price is not, we have no reason to move either Lu or Horvat.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Counting the contract, id have valued Schneider as much, or more than, Price, and he fetched the pick that got Horvat. Now packaging Horvat with our current starter for Price makes 0 sense for us.

That's his point. You're not doing us a favour in taking Lu, and the difference in value to us is definitely not Horvat.

We have 0 interest in moving Horvat, and short of a massive overpayment, which price is not, we have no reason to move either Lu or Horvat.
My point was comparing a player who had real value (Galchenyuk) to a player that had a negative value (Luongo) was flawed. Luongo looks as unhappy a player as I've seen but we'll see how things play out.

Your GM screwed things up and now you're pretending none of the stuff that happened actually happened and if you want to play that game go ahead.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 131313 View Post
Flamed you re gonna be....

Van would never do that. Luongo is arguably better than Price and Horvat is probably their best prospect.
Thats your opinion and Horvat has been outplayed by Gaunce at camp....

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 02:29 PM
maroon 6
Live and let live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
Thats your opinion and Horvat has been outplayed by Gaunce at camp....
It's been two games... Horvat and Shinkaruk are our best prospects

maroon 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon 6 View Post
It's been two games... Horvat and Shinkaruk are our best prospects
Why, because he was dealt for your teams real number one goalie...your team is going to regret trading Schneider a proven commodity for someone who may not even make the nhl....great move by Gillis....GM of the year...lol

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 02:41 PM
maroon 6
Live and let live

Quote:
Why, because he was dealt for your teams real number one goalie...your team is going to regret trading Schneider a proven commodity for someone who may not even make the nhl....great move by Gillis....GM of the year...lol
Ok...

Horvat is our best prospect. I don't know why you're talking about the trade and Mike Gillis.

maroon 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Linden
[hello] :)

Quote:
Lol now Schneider is proven? We have been told for the longest time that he isn't proven as a starter

At least he is going to get his recognition now

Linden is online now   Reply With Quote