HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Unlikely rumour on TEAM 1200: Forsberg for Abby, Samsonov and pick

Old
11-22-2006, 01:30 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
I can not believe no one has mentioned the biggest problem.

WHO WEARS 21? The fact that Higgins is 21 and the Canadiens best player before his injury means that no way Forsberg comes to montreal.
the only number forsberg needs is his surgeon's

There's no number controversy if one guy is always hurt

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 01:34 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
I can not believe no one has mentioned the biggest problem.

WHO WEARS 21? The fact that Higgins is 21 and the Canadiens best player before his injury means that no way Forsberg comes to montreal.
I was thinking about that earlier at my girlfriends house.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Tusk

you think about Chris Higgins wherever you go

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 08:26 AM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post

I just got a disturbing picture of him calling out Chris' name in the bedroom at his girlfriends place.

Awkward....

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 08:39 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhail Grabovsky View Post
You know what, the Koivu bashing **** is really getting OLD...so plz do us a favor and find some other childish game to play.

i always forget how the Koivu's fans are soooo emotive . The post i made wasn't bashing of Koivu in any way .

May be you don't know it , but Forsberg was and is still one of the best player of the NHL . I found very ironic the fact that the previous guy said he wouln't touch him because he's injury prone and because of his knees . Geez ! if you don't see that it is exactly something we could say about Saku ...

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 08:45 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
Sorry but I cant imagine Forsberg playing second fiddle to Koivu.
OMG ! OMG !

Waffledave , are you going to put him on your ignore list ? look ! he's bashing Saku ...

Old
11-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Mad Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8 View Post
I think most people would agree that Gainey did try to get Shanahan and it was reported all over the media so yes sometimes stuff do leak out ... maybe it's not Gainey's who is leaking it but still ..it's not like you can't get a rumor about the habs
The difference here is that you are dealing with a player and an agent. And both might visit your city to get a feel of the city. Different perspective from a tourist to a local. Or maybe even negotiate face to face. Agents often leak things to the press, even if they are not true just to make the price go up.

A rival GM you are negotiating with doesn't usually like to have the rumour spread, because that can raise the price of the player he is looking to aquire, if another GM decides he wants the same player. Plus it is disruptive to the player in question if the trade falls through.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 10:32 AM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Calder + Forsberg for Samsonov + Aebischer + Markov would be a terrible trade.

We're already thin on the D-squad and we'd lose our best one (team leader in points and great set-uper for Souray's booming shot on the PP). We'd also lose one of the best "2nd" goaler in the league.

Yeah it would make us an even more terrible threat on the offense, but as a great mind once said: "Defense wins championships".

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Mad Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I don't think we are looking for a goalie. A healthy Nitty + half-decent Forsberg would be better than a slight upgrade #1 goalie and nothing. Our defensive corps is atrocious, and our scorers are not scoring to their ability. Esche sucks this year, but Nitty has been OK, just hurting. I am looking at young top 4 defenseman (or prospect with that type of potential), and a 1st. I also think we wait for the deadline to pull the trigger. Forsberg's foot can heal and his value will be highest with teams bidding for him. If Forsberg is traded for Theodore or Aebischer (the last two rumors I've heard), I will personally call Zack Hill, the Flyers' Senior Director of Communications, and tell him to communicate "GO **** YOURSELF" to Paul Holmgren for me.
So Esche sucks, and Nitty is unreliable because of injuries. Abi and Nitty seem to be pretty much on par at this point in their careers. Abi fits in well in Mtl because he and Huet get along good, so they both support each other. Does Esche fit in anywhere. He seems to have an attitude problem plus his play has been sub par. The Flyers need a reliable backup who can be a #1 guy in case of prolong injuries to someone who has been hurt a fair bit. Not necessarily a top flight guy. You need a huge upgrade on defense. But replacing three guys in one shot is virtually impossible. You need some offense because the offense you have is not scoring to the top of their capabilities this year. So what do you do. You will not win the cup this year so it seams. You do have a good nucleus of young players, so that won't be a problem in years to come. In this rumour, you get a bit of everything. A scoring forward who can skate, a reliable goaltender who can play #1 minutes when called upon and a puck moving defenseman. Although I don't know who the defenseman is. I hope it's not Markov, because I think we need him more than we need Forsberg. If it's Ninimaa, we can spare him no problem. I really don't think this is enough but Forsberg is injured a lot. I also don't think this will happen anyways.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post

May be you don't know it , but Forsberg was and is still one of the best player of the NHL . I found very ironic the fact that the previous guy said he wouln't touch him because he's injury prone and because of his knees . Geez ! if you don't see that it is exactly something we could say about Saku ...
Maybe you don't understand this thing called a "salary cap", and teams have to follow it, and when you sign a player of Forsberg's salary, and his injuries, you have to make sacrifices to your team. Take a look at Philly, and how their hands are tied exactly because of moves like this. See the predicament they are in? You have an expensive player, with injury problems, that you couldn't move if you tried. Who could fit his salary into their lineup?

These sacrifices don't make sense for a player near the end of his career, and the price he demands. It doesn't make sense for a team to sacrifice the development of the internal youth in its organization, for a player who won't bring anything spectacular to its lineup.

Are you impressed with his 13 points, in 18 games, at the price he commands? This isn't the Forsberg from 2002.

So, go ahead and knock Saku, its obvious you don't see the intangibles he brings to this club. You think Forsberg is the leader this team would rally around? Is Saku beyond scrutiny? Nope. Is Saku injury prone? Somewhat. His eye injury would take any man out of the game, his Cancer wasn't his fault.

Please tell me what Forsberg would bring to this club, that would justify a trade for him? Go ahead, I'd love to hear it.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuklZ View Post
Someone called into TEAM 1200 around 4:30pm today when they were talking about rumours of Forsberg being moved within next 24-48 hours. This caller indicated that he had heard of the following trade proposal:

To MTL: Forsberg

To Phi: Abby, Samsonov and pick

Again, this is only some guy calling into a radio station. Any opinions as to if this would be something the Habs should do. There are various things to consider:

- Trading a UFA (Sammy) that just signed is not good way of attracting future UFAs
- if we trade Abby, who will be our backup
- Forsberg makes 5.75 mill (cap hit @ 75% would be just shy of 4 mill).
- We will have the most injury prone 1-2 punch at Center in the league (Koivue/Forsberg)

Opinions?
The Habs are one player away from Cup contention. Make the deal!

High injury risk or not.

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 01:07 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Maybe you don't understand this thing called a "salary cap", and teams have to follow it, and when you sign a player of Forsberg's salary, and his injuries, you have to make sacrifices to your team. Take a look at Philly, and how their hands are tied exactly because of moves like this. See the predicament they are in? You have an expensive player, with injury problems, that you couldn't move if you tried. Who could fit his salary into their lineup?

These sacrifices don't make sense for a player near the end of his career, and the price he demands. It doesn't make sense for a team to sacrifice the development of the internal youth in its organization, for a player who won't bring anything spectacular to its lineup.

Are you impressed with his 13 points, in 18 games, at the price he commands? This isn't the Forsberg from 2002.

So, go ahead and knock Saku, its obvious you don't see the intangibles he brings to this club. You think Forsberg is the leader this team would rally around? Is Saku beyond scrutiny? Nope. Is Saku injury prone? Somewhat. His eye injury would take any man out of the game, his Cancer wasn't his fault.

Please tell me what Forsberg would bring to this club, that would justify a trade for him? Go ahead, I'd love to hear it.
Did i knock Saku in my previous post ? is comparing his stats with the ones of Forsberg is a knock ?

I say everything you are talking about Forsberg is applicable to Koivu . His salary is close to the one of Forsberg , he's also injury prone , and his knees are fragile as the one of Forsberg . The only difference betwen the two , is that Forsberg is a better player . Where do you see that i knock Saku in that ?

Ask in the general board , witch one they would take betwen the two , in the present situation . I hope you are not enough naive to think that Saku would be the consensus choice ...

So , once again , where is the knock on Saku ? stop to be emotive about your idole ...

Old
11-22-2006, 04:49 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

I say we wait until Forsberg retires (which he's admitted he's considering) and then trade for him. Retired Forsberg might be more effective than Injured Forsberg.

11-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post

lol, i was talking about it with my girlfriends dad.

Old
11-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
I just got a disturbing picture of him calling out Chris' name in the bedroom at his girlfriends place.

Awkward....
funny thing is, my gf's middle name is Christin and alot of her friends call her chrissy.

Old
11-22-2006, 05:13 PM
jordi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
funny thing is, my gf's middle name is Christin and alot of her friends call her chrissy.
... How much do you love Chris?

jordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrea View Post
... How much do you love Chris?

I love HER alot!

him..well he's GOD!

Old
11-22-2006, 05:17 PM
David_99

Is she 21

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Is she 21

unfortunatly, no, shes 19

but im 21

Old
11-22-2006, 05:28 PM
Tusk

You the man JayDee!

My girlfriends name is Saku, it makes romance awkward for me.

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 11:00 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
According to TSN, Forsberg to Montreal is a done deal. Check Icechips:

Quote:
Montreal Canadiens: Flyers captain Peter Forsberg was scratched from the lineup. He missed practice on Tuesday because of a stiff lower back and is day to day. Forsberg was injured when he hit the boards during Monday's loss to Pittsburgh. He slipped into the boards when his ailing right foot, which has caused him so much trouble this season, gave way. The team continues to search for a solution for Forsberg's surgically repaired right foot. - Phillyburbs.com

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Mue

That is pretty funny.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 11:18 AM
knuckles3030

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
Rumours never happen with Gainey

/Thread.
I'm really really sick of hearing this... The IQ of people using this as an end all statement just makes me...

knuckles3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 11:21 AM
knuckles3030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8 View Post
I think most people would agree that Gainey did try to get Shanahan and it was reported all over the media so yes sometimes stuff do leak out ... maybe it's not Gainey's who is leaking it but still ..it's not like you can't get a rumor about the habs
That and a bunch of other things, but some people are so simple minded...

knuckles3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotstreak View Post
Haha, I caught that too.

On the subject of the rumoured trades; they won't happen. No rumoured trade under Bob Gainey has ever come to pass. Whenever he makes a deal it's out of nowhere.
This is true, we can't deny it.

Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote