HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Training Camp Thread (Final Impressions Time - Countdown to Opening Night)

Old
09-20-2013, 04:58 PM
thecloser

vCash: 500
JARVINEN. needs to make the team.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 05:02 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I will wait until, you know, the actual official team plays the opener before making any judgements at all. I will just sit back and enjoy Sunday and Tuesday's preseason games until then.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Kamikazepants

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
He is a fan, and has been for a very long time. Everyone is entitled to an opinion without a personal attack.
Personal attack?

There's nothing wrong with being negative. But being negative and wanting to basically thump your chest about it if you ended up being right about it? Seems a little ridiculous.

Kamikazepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 06:44 PM
MoserHockey

Highlights from the Tampa Game are available now.
The final score was 5-1, but it doens't look as bad in the highlights.
We had some bad luck with 2 posts, but we also had luck with a Tampa Post and Cullens goal but:
-The first goal against was a result of mistakes by Watson and Ekholm.
(Watson should have broken up the pass and Ekholm should have
positioned himself better)
But both are rookies and rookie mistakes happen. And there is a good chance that atlest one of the two won't make the team.

-The second goal was just are very bad play by bitetto. And i'm 100% sure he won't make the team

-Third goal was the result of a miscommunication/bad read by Weber and Fisher as both move away for a split second from Stamkos to cover Tampas #14. Well this shouldn't, especially because of their experience, but nobody is perfect.

-The fourth goal was scored against the Bitetto-Jarvinen pairing, and i don't see any of the two making the team. And i'm also very confident that Rinen would have stopped the shot.

-The fifth goal was scored just after a facofff in our end and Ekolm was bid behind the guy he should have covered. Again he is a rookie and there is a chance that he will only be our 7th defensman.

And preseasonrecord record, doesn't matter at all when the season stars: Just take a look:
-2011-12: Finsihed the Preseason with a 6-1 record and started the season with an 3-4-1 record.
-2010-11 : Preseason 4-2 Regularseason first games: 5-2-3 (the only season where the preseason record is the same as the starting record)
-09-10: Preseason: 4-2.....We started the season with a 2-5-1 record
-08-09: Preseason: 2-4 First ten Games: 5-4-1

The year Boston won the Cup they played 2 Games against European_teams and 5 against NHL Teams and in the five games they had a 1-3-1 record.

2010 when Chciago won the cup, they played 2 Preseason Games against Europenteams and lost one of the two (I just can't imagine what would happen in this boards if we would lose against an Europen team )
And they played 4 Games against NHL teams with a 1-2-1 record.

So as you can see, there is absolutly no reason to panic it's just preseason. So relax until November or so and just enjoy that Hockey is back

Last edited by MoserHockey: 09-20-2013 at 07:35 PM.
MoserHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 07:25 PM
shaun8766

Thank you for that, came here to kind of freak out a little bit about the games. That made me feel much better.

shaun8766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

So we can't score goals on teams that finished behind us in the standings 2nd and 3rd line goalies. But it just the Pre-season just wait until they play the real NHL netminders. 23-51-8

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 06:15 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Is Brett Connolly on the top line expected to stick or is this just an experiment?
He's expected to be in NHL but not on top line.

Malone is probably on top line with Marty and Stamkos. Until he gets injured. Killorn-Filppula-Purcell the second line. Connolly probably on third to start imo.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 06:57 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Here's my random thoughts.

Have we seen Stahlberg-Cullen-Smith on a line yet? That would be a blazing fast line. Thinking of just speed now, we have more than we've had in a long time.

Stahlberg, Smith, Bourque, Legwand and Cullen are all burners.

Also, here's my ranking of all of our forwards right now

Wilson
Forsberg
Hornqvist
Fisher
Legwand
Cullen
Stahlberg
Bourque
Beck
Smith
Nystrom
Hendricks
Spaling
Gaustad
Clune

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 07:18 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikazepants View Post
Personal attack?

There's nothing wrong with being negative. But being negative and wanting to basically thump your chest about it if you ended up being right about it? Seems a little ridiculous.
Byrddog has been around for a long time. I have personally spoken to him at a training camp. He has owned and operated a restaurant that catered to Preds fans, not because it was good for business, but because he loves the Preds.

He may be negative, but he is one of us. He has been through the thick and the thin. He was here for the relocation scare.

You may not see your comments as a personal attack, but I do. Debate the opinion, but do not attack the poster. And please do not call into question the allegiance of a fan. Sometimes, like now, you will find out they have been around for a long, long time.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 07:22 AM
ares89

What do you guys think? Has Moser a chance to get a contract?

ares89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 07:35 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Honestly we've not seen him yet since all of the games so far have been in Florida.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 07:45 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I think there are legitimate concerns with this team scoring. I don't know that preseason is a good way to judge this team ATM. Some of our best offensive players are new to the system, coming off injury, or rookies ....

In typical predator fashion, I expect to see us to score in streaks. Best case scenario for our team, Forsberg, Stahlberg, and Wilson all emerge as legitimate top 3-6 players.

09-21-2013, 09:28 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

19 down, 19 to go, I want to see the competition between Bartley, Ekholm, and Jarvinen. All are lefties and can they be enough to push Jones out of the LHD spot next to Klein.

Either way, I like the potential of this team defensively.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 09:45 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
I think all the panicking is premature, not because I'm convinced we are actually awesome and just haven't shown it, but because Trotz teams are very system driven, and we are only ne week into camp with a lot of new players who have never seen the Trotz system. It is an accepted fact that we don't have the kind of guys who can score on their own regardless of circumstance. So I won't panic about scoring until the roster is pared down to the final count and that bunch has played together for a couple of weeks. Means we are likely to start slow and will need to win somew 2-1 games early on but that's just the way its gonna be. If we are still struggling to score by november, then we can panic

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 10:07 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I think all the panicking is premature, not because I'm convinced we are actually awesome and just haven't shown it, but because Trotz teams are very system driven, and we are only ne week into camp with a lot of new players who have never seen the Trotz system. It is an accepted fact that we don't have the kind of guys who can score on their own regardless of circumstance. So I won't panic about scoring until the roster is pared down to the final count and that bunch has played together for a couple of weeks. Means we are likely to start slow and will need to win some 2-1 games early on but that's just the way its gonna be. If we are still struggling to score by november, then we can panic
Nicely stated voice of reason ... and agreed wholeheartedly, I've been surprisingly calm so far, even though the scores have been ugly and not in our favor thus far.

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Smilodon

Mackinnon didn't get a point in his first preseason game. Just saying.

Not saying he's a bust, just pointing out that it's the preseason and it's not defining anyone.

Smilodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 02:31 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares89 View Post
And according to twitter we won't see him on Sunday night.

Maybe he'll be in on Tuesday.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 02:34 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
19 down, 19 to go, I want to see the competition between Bartley, Ekholm, and Jarvinen. All are lefties and can they be enough to push Jones out of the LHD spot next to Klein.

Either way, I like the potential of this team defensively.
Bartley played well last year next to Klein.

I have to think Jones will start on the 3rd defensive line to start the year. To give him a chance to get his feet wet. Then his play will determine where he goes.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Smilodon

Preds send off a few more guys. Hellberg and Leipsic gone. Watson, Beck, and Moser are still there.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=683470

Smilodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Biggun35
Bender

Was hoping to see Leipsic in one of the home games.

Biggun35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 04:20 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilodon View Post
Preds send off a few more guys. Hellberg and Leipsic gone. Watson, Beck, and Moser are still there.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=683470
Interesting that they went ahead and sent hellberg down but kept mazanec

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Kamikazepants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Byrddog has been around for a long time. I have personally spoken to him at a training camp. He has owned and operated a restaurant that catered to Preds fans, not because it was good for business, but because he loves the Preds.

He may be negative, but he is one of us. He has been through the thick and the thin. He was here for the relocation scare.

You may not see your comments as a personal attack, but I do. Debate the opinion, but do not attack the poster. And please do not call into question the allegiance of a fan. Sometimes, like now, you will find out they have been around for a long, long time.
Certainly glad to hear that. Questioning fanhood may be a little strong.

Like I said I have zero problem with negativity. But when someone possibly wants to use predicting negativity as a chance to rub it in the face of others (fellow fans no less) about how right they were, that's where I have kind of a problem. Sorry.

Kamikazepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 06:14 PM
INDhockeyfan

Quote:
Isn't Hellberg injured? If he isn't going to be able to play in the next couple of weeks then there is no reason to have him on the roster and send him officially down.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 06:20 PM
sighthndlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares89 View Post
Given that he is not on the list for tomorrow, I think his chances are either really good or very poor. Other than Legwand, every forward listed for tomorrow is on the bubble:

http://predators.nhl.com/v2/ext/pdf/...0Sept%2022.pdf

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 07:04 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Well, if you want to get Hellberg development time in Milwaukee and just use Mazanec to eat minutes in the Preseason I could see it. If Korn goes down to Milwaukee that might answer the question.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote