HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bulis

Old
11-22-2006, 07:19 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
Plekanec >>> Ribeiro

but Ribeiro >> Niinimaa (so far anyways)

I still like our roster more like this though

Edit: As for Bulis, if he accepted that he wasn't a goal scorer, he would be a huge asset to any team.
Pleks >>> Ribs

Show me the numbers.....

Stefan_Latulippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 07:30 AM
MM425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe View Post
Pleks >>> Ribs

Show me the numbers.....

I would take the hard working, defensively aware team guy in Pleckanec over the diving, whining, cancerous defensive liability Ribiero any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 07:34 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Pleks >>> Ribs

Show me the numbers.....
Stef, I think that if Bullis had bought into a role/style of play that he was suited to, he'd be on the team right now. I think that the team is moving towards having players that undersatnd what it takes to make a 'team' win. bullis would have been fine alongside Bonk and Johnson, probably would have about 5 or 6 points, like Perezhogin does. He could've been a 3rd line asset that another team would think about acquiring, but instead he made it clear last year that he had a better idea as to what his role should be. Pro scouts hear talk, read papers, now Bullis has lowered his own value. Added in is that fact that he showed Gainey what he is about, so he wasn't re-signed.

I think Ribeiro is in the same situation, they didn't see him as part of where they wanted to get to. Defense insurance [and that's all the many vowelled one is] was deemed more important. Ribs seems to be chipping in in Dallas, good for him, I bear no ill will towards the guy. In truth, I suspect Carbo would have preferred the C situation adressed before he left, but it wasn't.

Plekanec hasn't produced yet but I see what he brings to the team as being of high value in terms of where they're trying to get to. I don't know if you know what I mean, but it's not a Plekanec/Ribeiro replacemnet comparison. Whoever takes the position that Ribeiro vacated isn't on the team yet. It doesn't lessen Pleks' value.

If you're reacting to the 'Pleks will easily duplicate' Ribs points, then yeah, I know, but Stef, you know that a % of posters will always play the 'next guy will easily replace' game.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 08:10 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackattack View Post
I would take the hard working, defensively aware team guy in Pleckanec over the diving, whining, cancerous defensive liability Ribiero any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
No no no.

This board said all along that if Pleks was given the same opportunity as Ribs, he would put up BETTER numbers.

Here's Pleks stats so fare this season : 19 2 3 5 -3 WOW!!MINUS THREE!!!!

I will take a center that will put up numbers on the second line anytime of week before a so call "hard working" player....and by the way, is hard working another term for "no talent"?

Old
11-22-2006, 08:16 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
If you're reacting to the 'Pleks will easily duplicate' Ribs points, then yeah, I know, but Stef, you know that a % of posters will always play the 'next guy will easily replace' game.
Voila!!! That's the part I am reacting to. Remember all thoses posts from the last 2 years?

I am just asking to all the posters (aka Ribs bashers): Show me the numbers!

Old
11-22-2006, 08:33 AM
HCH

Quote:
No no no.

This board said all along that if Pleks was given the same opportunity as Ribs, he would put up BETTER numbers.

Here's Pleks stats so fare this season : 19 2 3 5 -3 WOW!!MINUS THREE!!!!

I will take a center that will put up numbers on the second line anytime of week before a so call "hard working" player....and by the way, is hard working another term for "no talent"?
You could always become a Dallas fan and post there

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 08:39 AM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Voila!!! That's the part I am reacting to. Remember all thoses posts from the last 2 years?

I am just asking to all the posters (aka Ribs bashers): Show me the numbers!
Alright, here are the numbers:

17 playoff games, 2 goals, 3 assists, 5 points.

That played a big role as to why he's gone, good riddance as well.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:45 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
Alright, here are the numbers:

17 playoff games, 2 goals, 3 assists, 5 points.

That played a big role as to why he's gone, good riddance as well.
What about our so-call savior, Pleks?

Show me the number baby. Show me how easy it is to get 60-70 points a season. Where are those numbers from Pleks this season

Stop looking, you want find them and he wont post better numbers in the playoff either.

Old
11-22-2006, 10:01 AM
Marc-E-

"Hey guys! Why you all laughing about the next Steve Yzerman?"

-Joe Juneau

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 10:16 AM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
What about our so-call savior, Pleks?

Show me the number baby. Show me how easy it is to get 60-70 points a season. Where are those numbers from Pleks this season

Stop looking, you want find them and he wont post better numbers in the playoff either.
you're clearly missing the point.

what Pleks brings on the team is infinitely more valuable in the LONG run then what Ribs brought immediately.

Ribs had a big mouth, was a lazy punk and had an inflated ego.

Sure he had talent, but he was an ******* who didnt believe in team spirit.

Pleks buys into the system, plays defensive hockey and knows what his role is. He's a team guy, Ribs never was.

Fine he's doing ok in Dallas. But he's playing like 10 minutes a game and mainly on the PP unit. Dallas can afford playing him like that and he's doing awright. Good for him. But honestly, who gives a ****?

I'll take Pleks low numbers (playing on the fourth line with Begin and Murray/Downey as your linemates will do that) over Ribs asstacular attitude.

This isnt EA's NHL series you know...

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King © View Post
you're clearly missing the point.

what Pleks brings on the team is infinitely more valuable in the LONG run then what Ribs brought immediately.

Ribs had a big mouth, was a lazy punk and had an inflated ego.

Sure he had talent, but he was an ******* who didnt believe in team spirit.

Pleks buys into the system, plays defensive hockey and knows what his role is. He's a team guy, Ribs never was.

Fine he's doing ok in Dallas. But he's playing like 10 minutes a game and mainly on the PP unit. Dallas can afford playing him like that and he's doing awright. Good for him. But honestly, who gives a ****?

I'll take Pleks low numbers (playing on the fourth line with Begin and Murray/Downey as your linemates will do that) over Ribs asstacular attitude.

This isnt EA's NHL series you know...
I don't care about his so call qualities....but I am pointing out to 96% of the posters that were saying that Pleks would put up BETTER numbers than Ribs that the numbers are not there and he played with Kovy and Samy on the second line for at leaste 10 games.

Conclusion, it is not as easy as it seems to get 60-70 points in the NHL and Pleks might achieve that in the EA's NHL series but not in the real world.

Old
11-22-2006, 10:32 AM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
I don't care about his so call qualities....but I am pointing out to 96% of the posters that were saying that Pleks would put up BETTER numbers than Ribs that the numbers are not there and he played with Kovy and Samy on the second line for at leaste 10 games.

Conclusion, it is not as easy as it seems to get 60-70 points in the NHL and Pleks might achieve that in the EA's NHL series but not in the real world.
ah ok.

well i was not one of those posters saying that he would indeed put up those points.

let's remember that Ribs didnt put up those numbers with Kovalev and Sammy either though. Mainly with Ryder.

If only we could find a 2nd line C that could work well with the Russians...

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote