HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would you like to see from Alex Galchenyuk this year?

Old
09-21-2013, 03:59 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
What is even more impressive about Galchenyuk is that last year he couldnt win 1 faceoffs to save his life, yesterday against the Canes Im not sure if he lost 1.. He also was pretty solid defensively.. The kid is smart, has huge upside and his progression is alright..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Brainiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Development isn't linear.
For now, Eller is the better player.
How do you know Eller will only be a 2nd liner ? He's 23 and playing better than ever, not only that but aside from Chucky, he's our forward with the most raw abilities. What did Eller do to you ?
Eller is not 23, he's 24, will be 25 at season's end, btw. He's coming back from a serious injury. I'd like to see him have a breakout year and score 70 points, but I certainly don't expect it. And at some point, you'll have to realize that Eller has reached his potential. He's not a kid anymore.

Galchenyuk is 19 and he's been going nowhere but up since coming back from his injury.

I'm not saying that Galchenyuk is better right now. I'm just saying that it's not far-fetched to assume that he could surpass Eller somewhere during the season. Eller could be the better player this year, I just wouldn't bet my money on it, tbh.

Brainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 05:03 PM
Brainiac

And, just to be clear: I love Eller, I just think that some of you guys are in for a disapointment if you expect more than a 2nd line center with a good 2-way game.

Old
09-21-2013, 05:09 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Eller is not 23, he's 24, will be 25 at season's end, btw. He's coming back from a serious injury. I'd like to see him have a breakout year and score 70 points, but I certainly don't expect it. And at some point, you'll have to realize that Eller has reached his potential. He's not a kid anymore.

Galchenyuk is 19 and he's been going nowhere but up since coming back from his injury.

I'm not saying that Galchenyuk is better right now. I'm just saying that it's not far-fetched to assume that he could surpass Eller somewhere during the season. Eller could be the better player this year, I just wouldn't bet my money on it, tbh.
No one knows if he's hit his potential... So it's not about realizing that, you don't stop growing as a hockey player because you reach a certain age. To be clear I too expect him to be a solid 2nd line center, but I still think we haven't seen the best of him. Especially since he's never had quality minutes, also that injury wasn't as serious as we thought. I agree with you on Galchenyuk too, we could definitely see him become better offensively than Eller this season. He's a special talent, but I don't think that will be the case.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 05:14 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
And, just to be clear: I love Eller, I just think that some of you guys are in for a disapointment if you expect more than a 2nd line center with a good 2-way game.
You make it sound like its a bad thing

Eller is going up too, its the point your missing. I'm not saying Eller will be better because I don't think he is that far off on potential.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 05:20 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Not sure who is expecting Eller to be a top line center? Top 6 is what most people seem to think his potential is at.

Quote:

Eller won't score more than 40pts if he's used on the 3rd line.

Galchenyuk and Eller are likely to start the year on the same line, with Eller centering it.
I don't think Galchenyuk ends the year as a better player, but if he does, that's only because he will have made a huge leap forward, which is no knock on Eller.
Galchenyuk should become our best forward at some point. The sooner the better.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Papa_Bear_21

Quote:
Why would Eller have to be anything more than a 2nd line center? Gally will be our number 1. That should be clear. That leaves Eller to be a very strong #2.
We slip Plecks in the 2b role until his contract ends and I think we're rolling.

Papa_Bear_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Brainiac

Quote:
You make it sound like its a bad thing

Eller is going up too, its the point your missing. I'm not saying Eller will be better because I don't think he is that far off on potential.
Well, YOU said I don't know if Eller will be only a 2nd line center.

I don't want to deviate too much. The subject is Galchenyuk, after all. We're almost sure he'll surpass Eller at some point. The thing is, it could be this year. That's all I'm saying, guys!

Either way, it will be all good for the Habs in the next few years.

Chuckie>Eller: means that Chuckie becomes a great player in his early 20s
Eller>Chuckie: Eller also becomes a great player, but in his mid-20s

Old
09-21-2013, 07:37 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Development isn't linear.
For now, Eller is the better player.
How do you know Eller will only be a 2nd liner ? He's 23 and playing better than ever, not only that but aside from Chucky, he's our forward with the most raw abilities. What did Eller do to you ?
Eller is more productive currently but Galchenyuk is a better player hands down. He just needs to learn how to better utilize his skills.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 08:48 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

The hart, the Rocket richard, the ted lindsay, the selke, the art ross, the conn smythe, 350 pts and the stanley cup.

dreamingofdrouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Brainiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
The hart, the Rocket richard, the ted lindsay, the selke, the art ross, the conn smythe, 350 pts and the stanley cup.
Hey, let's be realistic here... Galchenyuk can do better!