HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes 3 - Habs 1 Tinordi's body is ready

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2013, 12:26 AM
PyrettaBlaze

vCash: 500
Just got back from the game. I went with someone who has never seen a hockey game (or any sports game) in his life and these were his comments:

-84 really looks like he knows what he's doing!
-24 looks really strong and he's like always in the right spot but sometimes he doesn't know what to do when he gets the ball
-14 is also really good
-Why is 11 always on the floor? He's always falling!
-Omg 60 skates so fast!
-61 is my favorite player because he always passes to the wall or imaginary people. He's for sure playing drunk. I love him.

Top 3 moments for him:

3. Hooking penalty (for some reason he thought it was funny that you could get a penalty for hooking)
2. Girl dressed like a popsicle going crazy during the Harlem Shake song
1. Drunk 61 passing to invisible people

Old
09-22-2013, 12:26 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xposbrad View Post
He played physically well but he was still a -2, and only on the habs board is a -2 a good game..Him and Pateryn had a couple of blunders, so, no I was not sarcastic.
And this is why +/- is a bad stat.

Old
09-22-2013, 12:28 AM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Playing the Devil's advocate. I think he means to point out that some of the goals scored by the Canes tonight were due to Tinordi compromising his position in order to give big hits.

I agree that Tinordi has been showing he's improved a great deal. He's faster, stronger and imposes himself well enough on the ice. But fact of the matter is, he did compromise his position in favor of hitting opponents. I think he did that mainly to give a good impression. His decision making, whether to hit or not and such, those will come with more experience that's for sure.

I think he's nearly ready for a full time spot. He just needs to be more aware of the consequences of his decisions. Otherwise, I think he's good to go if he can learn that on the job.
PK was doing the same thing when he came up. I think Tinordi should at least start he season in Mtl

Old
09-22-2013, 12:29 AM
kernkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by xposbrad View Post
He played physically well but he was still a -2, and only on the habs board is a -2 a good game..Him and Pateryn had a couple of blunders, so, no I was not sarcastic.
Really? Watch the highlights: Pateryn gave the puck away on both goals.

Old
09-22-2013, 12:34 AM
Et le But

The Tinordi hype DOES remind me of Komisarek.

And say what you want, but Komisarek was exactly what we needed at the time, as is Tinordi. But, size aside, Tinordi might even be more well rounded. And even if he is the second coming of Komisarek, well that's still the perfect compliment. I can't stand all the "future captain", "let him fight Chara!" nonsense from a fanbase starving for size...but well, he is exactly what we need right now.

Old
09-22-2013, 12:36 AM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Just got back from the game. I went with someone who has never seen a hockey game (or any sports game) in his life and these were his comments:

-24 looks really strong and he's like always in the right spot but sometimes he doesn't know what to do when he gets the ball
-14 is also really good
-Omg 60 skates so fast!
-61 is my favorite player because he always passes to the wall or imaginary people. He's for sure playing drunk. I love him.

Top 3 moments for him:

3. Hooking penalty (for some reason he thought it was funny that you could get a penalty for hooking)
Still better then bob cole...

Old
09-22-2013, 12:39 AM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The Tinordi hype DOES remind me of Komisarek.

And say what you want, but Komisarek was exactly what we needed at the time, as is Tinordi. But, size aside, Tinordi might even be more well rounded. And even if he is the second coming of Komisarek, well that's still the perfect compliment. I can't stand all the "future captain", "let him fight Chara!" nonsense from a fanbase starving for size...but well, he is exactly what we need right now.
Well the Habs needed Komisarek less than a physical dman is needed right now, the team had a younger Bouillon, Rivet and Souray.

You're right that Komisarek also did pretty well with the Habs, so I don't think we should downgrade that either. Let's just say that I which he bring a little bit more of a two-way game and for much longer.

Old
09-22-2013, 12:42 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Well the Habs needed Komisarek less than a physical dman is needed right now, the team had a younger Bouillon, Rivet and Souray.

You're right that Komisarek also did pretty well with the Habs, so I don't think we should downgrade that either. Let's just say that I which he bring a little bit more of a two-way game and for much longer.
Souray, was physical, but wasn't particularly good at defense. Komisarek was billed as a physical, top pairing stay at home guy, and at first he did seem to fit the billing, even if he was potentially overrated by playing with Markov. And it's easy to dismiss him in retrospect, but his decline was mostly a failure to adapt on his part rather than him always being this bad.

For what it's worth, Tinordi appears to have a higher hockey IQ, which is only a good thing.

Old
09-22-2013, 12:49 AM
le_sean

That Thomas one timer was beastly.

Very much like Cammalleri, quiet all game but he can wire it at any given time.

Old
09-22-2013, 12:49 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Tinordi has more tools at his disposal than Komi. He doesn't have Komi's bulk, yet at least, but he's a much better skater, puck handler, passer, shooter, plus he's got more reach and is smarter....

We've got ourselves a Jared Cowen. But one who can stay healthy (hopefully).

Tinordi-Subban is going to be a championship caliber first pairing.

Old
09-22-2013, 12:56 AM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Souray, was physical, but wasn't particularly good at defense. Komisarek was billed as a physical, top pairing stay at home guy, and at first he did seem to fit the billing, even if he was potentially overrated by playing with Markov. And it's easy to dismiss him in retrospect, but his decline was mostly a failure to adapt on his part rather than him always being this bad.

For what it's worth, Tinordi appears to have a higher hockey IQ, which is only a good thing.
You're right, but I think the crazyness about size and physicality wasn't there as much, because it wasn't a glaring need like right now.

Old
09-22-2013, 01:07 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

LOL@thread title. Anyone want to shop that "I'm ready" pic again.

Old
09-22-2013, 01:23 AM

Didn't watch the game but I checked dropyourgloves.com and it looks like Tinordi was a beast. Correct?

Old
09-22-2013, 01:28 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I was at the game and here are some thoughts:

- Khudobin learned a lot from Rask and the Boston goalie coach. Very compact, great positioning and very poised.

- Jordan Staal and Chad Larose are excellent PKers

- Bournival has some stylistic similarities to Duchene: that is, shooting and skating, but not puck-handling/passing. I also noticed he is vocal out there. Former captain..... lol

- Tinordi played a very assertive game. He was aggressive at closing gaps, stepping up on players and making hits. However, he was a little too aggressive at going for hits, even causing a goal. He needs to focus on being positionally sound first and foremost; and a big hitter second.

- Briere is useless without the puck on his stick. Not fast, not strong.

Old
09-22-2013, 01:43 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
You are weak, young padawan.

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Tinordi
Gorges-Diaz/Murray
Love it. Gorges where he belongs also. You have a pretty good D if Gorges is 3rd pairing. You could see this after Christmas.

Old
09-22-2013, 01:57 AM
FazChenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post

I expect 25-30 goals in Hamilton on that PP you know.

Old
09-22-2013, 02:01 AM
Timelord
Stanley Cup polisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post

-14 is also really good
-Omg 60 skates so fast!

Top 3 moments for him:

That's about as good as some of the observations of many posters in here (including my own), and probably more objective.

Old
09-22-2013, 02:14 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Didn't watch the game but I checked dropyourgloves.com and it looks like Tinordi was a beast. Correct?
Tinodri won that fight......Only reason Tinordi went down was the stick layin on the ice tripped him..good thing for Gleason too,because he was getting nailed.

..Heavy right hands from Tinordi.

Gleason only played 5.22 minutes all night...figure it out....

Old
09-22-2013, 02:34 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Gleason after his scrap with JT,
played around 3 mins more and left the game.
He never came back after 1st period...

Was that due to the scrap?

Old
09-22-2013, 02:51 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouHab View Post
His "end" weight will be more like 250-255. And I'm OK with that. The kid is a beast and absolutely deserves a roster spot.
No. That is way too heavy for hockey at his height. I'll be happy if he tops out at 230 max.

Old
09-22-2013, 03:08 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Briere was invisible, how can anyone say he played well? Tinordi was great.
Briere was fine IMO. Having said that, I put very little stock in how the veterans perform in the preseason, so I wouldn't even be concerned if he had a bad game tonight, which he didn't

Old
09-22-2013, 03:09 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Tinodri won that fight......Only reason Tinordi went down was the stick layin on the ice tripped him..good thing for Gleason too,because he was getting nailed.

..Heavy right hands from Tinordi.

Gleason only played 5.22 minutes all night...figure it out....
Have not seen a Habs player attack a guy like that for a long time. Tinordi has made his statement.

Old
09-22-2013, 03:13 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post

I said in the gdt, that one timer looked just like his dad's. There's a lot of Steve Thomas in the way Christian plays. I just hope he is able to put it all together like his dad did. He had a damn good NHL career predicated on hard work and a quick release

Old
09-22-2013, 03:31 AM
LLoyd Christmas I

Can't send Tinordi down at this point. The kid is as ready as he'll ever be.

Old
09-22-2013, 03:42 AM
Beendair Donedat

Tinordi played very well and had Canes players lined up all night. Solid overall game and effort... Good fight as well. Still lots to learn in that department but Prust and Parros can help there. He deserves a roster spot, plain and simple.

Can you imagine when Emelin comes back? Emelin, Tinordi and Murray back there is a lot of nasty to compete against...

On another note, Darren Dietz is going to be a very solid defenseman in a couple years. Needs some more muscle, but he is solid out there. Lots of offensive and defensive ability.

Closed Thread