HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes 3 - Habs 1 Tinordi's body is ready

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2013, 03:15 AM
kassian

vCash: 500
Emelin, Tinordi and Murray together = Beast Master Wall Stone Over 9000. One shall not pass the blue line.

Old
09-22-2013, 03:35 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

OT but I wish our hockey coach was as crazy as our soccer coach. You guys have to watch this video:

http://www.rds.ca/soccer/impact/c-es...ndale-1.662629

Old
09-22-2013, 03:56 AM
centrehice

I thought briere and pleks showed some chemistry

Old
09-22-2013, 04:09 AM
LLoyd Christmas I

vCash: 134
Tinordi is perfect for the team right now.

He's still rough around the edges, but perfect player for the coaching staff to shape into a pk beast.

Pleks looking strong. He's coming to play this season.

Old
09-22-2013, 04:23 AM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Tinordi played very well and had Canes players lined up all night. Solid overall game and effort... Good fight as well. Still lots to learn in that department but Prust and Parros can help there. He deserves a roster spot, plain and simple.

Can you imagine when Emelin comes back? Emelin, Tinordi and Murray back there is a lot of nasty to compete against...

On another note, Darren Dietz is going to be a very solid defenseman in a couple years. Needs some more muscle, but he is solid out there. Lots of offensive and defensive ability.
It never fails to surprise me that so many people forget that Subban likes to annihilate people.

Old
09-22-2013, 04:28 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

So did Markov's skating really look better? I hope that's the case and if it is then we'll be one tough team to play against.

#### loads of depth at D, very solid forward depth, some holes plugged up (except for size in the top 9) and we should be competitive.

Old
09-22-2013, 04:35 AM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
So did Markov's skating really look better? I hope that's the case and if it is then we'll be one tough team to play against.

#### loads of depth at D, very solid forward depth, some holes plugged up (except for size in the top 9) and we should be competitive.
He's obviously not as good as a skater as he used to be, but I think people are exaggerating over how bad it is. His game always relied mostly on his smarts anyways, not necessarily his skating. His skating looked alright last night, it will likely get better as it's his first pre-season game.

Old
09-22-2013, 06:55 AM
Craig71

Bournival really looks good, he does things at a high speed and has a knack for just being in the right place at the right time. Is he this good of a player or is it just a hot streak that he's on? I also like Tinordi,we have been waiting way to long for a guy like this, a warrior that can do it when he needs to, he will be a 10-15 point per year D man with great penalty killing ability and would compliment Subban so well, the goal last night would not have happened with Subban as a D partner. I liked Pateryn as well, he just had a bad game and some real bad luck, he will b great in Hamilton this year.

Old
09-22-2013, 08:07 AM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
Emelin, Tinordi and Murray together = Beast Master Wall Stone Over 9000. One shall not pass the blue line.
Don't forget the "new" 220 pounds Subban.

Edit :

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
It never fails to surprise me that so many people forget that Subban likes to annihilate people.
Like he said.

Old
09-22-2013, 08:19 AM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
PK was doing the same thing when he came up. I think Tinordi should at least start he season in Mtl
I loved what Therrien said : "as a coach, it's always better to try to hold some guys than try to push some guys".

Old
09-22-2013, 08:23 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Bourque was better last year than he was in his first 38 games with the club. That's it. There was no "awesome", and it was 27 games.
Expectations should be lower for him. Personally I'd be happy with ~30 points + him being physically engaged at least every 2-3 games.

Old
09-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
hell no it didn't. i was at the game and Markov has sadly lost a couple steps. his vision of the ice is what will save him in the long run, but he has to play with somebody who AT THE VERY LEAST has Emelin's skating.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:09 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Expectations should be lower for him. Personally I'd be happy with ~30 points + him being physically engaged at least every 2-3 games.
If he's playing with Pleks and Briere all year and getting good minutes I would expect at least 40 points, if not 50.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:26 AM
PricePkPatch

1- Tinordi played great for his age. He's starting to develop that mean streak we wanted him to have.

2- People saying he's "Captain Material" based on the fact that he lay big hits and fought should reconsider their priorities

Old
09-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
If he's playing with Pleks and Briere all year and getting good minutes I would expect at least 40 points, if not 50.
He's only had more than 40 points in a season 2 times in his entire career which was playing with prime Iginla.

If you see him as a 3rd liner his production makes more sense. His unwillingness to consistently engage physically on the other hand is a concern. It's preseason so I don't really expect him to be physical yet but hopefully once the season starts he'll throw his size around.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
He's only had more than 40 points in a season 2 times in his entire career which was playing with prime Iginla.

If you see him as a 3rd liner his production makes more sense. His unwillingness to consistently engage physically on the other hand is a concern. It's preseason so I don't really expect him to be physical yet but hopefully once the season starts he'll throw his size around.
I'd be more concerned if he was throwing his body around in preseason, considering his lengthy concussion history.

The only guys who should be taking risks like that in preseason are the guys who want to show they will do anything to make the team.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:57 AM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
1- Tinordi played great for his age. He's starting to develop that mean streak we wanted him to have.

2- People saying he's "Captain Material" based on the fact that he lay big hits and fought should reconsider their priorities
I agree that physical play =\= captain material but Tinordi to me posseses captain material because he's shown professionalism off the ice and when he matures I can see him having a steadying influence with his skating, reach and strong IQ.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
I agree that physical play =\= captain material but Tinordi to me posseses captain material because he's shown professionalism off the ice and when he matures I can see him having a steadying influence with his skating, reach and strong IQ.
It's way too early to say that...I mean you can say the same thing about Bournival showing captain material with his maturity and work ethic. Thankfully we have a few guys with "future captain" material, but I do find it funny that these comments come out for Tinordi because he fought.

Old
09-22-2013, 10:03 AM
icerocket

Why are people mentioning Tinordi is captain material? We are very long shot away before that should even be considered an idea.

Old
09-22-2013, 10:05 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Subban is way ahead of him in every metrics you just cited. And he's much more "Face of the Club" material than anyone on our roster.

Old
09-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Gally11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
It's way too early to say that...I mean you can say the same thing about Bournival showing captain material with his maturity and work ethic. Thankfully we have a few guys with "future captain" material, but I do find it funny that these comments come out for Tinordi because he fought.

Actually his professionalism off the ice is things like taking in McCarron this summer in London.. You don't see too many young guys trying to help younger prospects along like that

Old
09-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Subban is way ahead of him in every metrics you just cited. And he's much more "Face of the Club" material than anyone on our roster.
My god you're annoying with the "Subban for captain" crap. He's not even in the same league as Gorges or Tinordi when it comes to off-ice maturity or leadership qualities. Captain's are respected players, Subban is just flat out hated by the opposition. It's not a bad thing, but Subban's no future captain.

Old
09-22-2013, 10:18 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Some might say Subban is too much the 'face of the club' to be captain.

Old
09-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'd be more concerned if he was throwing his body around in preseason, considering his lengthy concussion history.

The only guys who should be taking risks like that in preseason are the guys who want to show they will do anything to make the team.
I agree, which is why I mentioned I didn't mind it. My concern is with his history of being sporadically physical during the regular season. As he showed in the playoffs, he can be so much more effective if he played physical consistently. Sadly, I think he avoids it largely due to his concussion history which makes him rather useless outside of being a stop gap being capable enough defensively to play tough minutes with Plekanec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
My god you're annoying with the "Subban for captain" crap. He's not even in the same league as Gorges or Tinordi when it comes to off-ice maturity or leadership qualities. Captain's are respected players, Subban is just flat out hated by the opposition. It's not a bad thing, but Subban's no future captain.
Not sure he's as hated anymore with his Norris backing up his cockiness. I expect media and PJ Stock to significantly drop the slander against him for the upcoming season. Kind of like Patrick Kane who would be likely hated a lot more if he wasn't such a winner to back up his smug-ness.

I would agree that he shouldn't become a captain but disagree on the reasoning. Subban is already the face of the team/has the responsibilities of maintaining the external/media image of the franchise as a player. There are plenty of candidates capable of taking the responsibility for the internal aspects. Having him do both isn't realistic as it would be harder for him to be his eccentric self on and off the ice. I'm sure he'll eventually be given an 'A' in the near future though.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 09-22-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old
09-22-2013, 10:19 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
I love PK to death, but Tinordi is much more "Captain" material than PK.

The "C" isn't for your best player, it's for the guy in the room who's going to be the bridge between the coach and players. Tinordi fits that to a "T".

Closed Thread