HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Canes 3 - Habs 1 Tinordi's body is ready

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2013, 10:21 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I agree, which is why I mentioned I didn't mind it. My concern is with his history of being sporadically physical during the regular season. As he showed in the playoffs, he can be so much more effective if he played physical consistently. Sadly, I think he avoids it largely due to his concussion history which makes him rather useless outside of being a stop gap being capable enough defensively to play tough minutes with Plekanec.
Bourque played great yesterday. He was throwing his weight around, and almost had a couple of goals. If he plays that way every game, he's a legit first liner...

Old
09-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Gally11

I wouldn't be surprised to see Markov get the C if he gets resigned, he lives and breathes the team concept and definitely looked up to on the team.. In the past we wouldn't have seen this happen because he was very quiet but he's been changing in that regard as well

Old
09-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I love PK to death, but Tinordi is much more "Captain" material than PK.

The "C" isn't for your best player, it's for the guy in the room who's going to be the bridge between the coach and players. Tinordi fits that to a "T".
You're going to have to explain yourself on this one. Why is Tinordi that guy?

Old
09-22-2013, 10:32 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
I love PK to death, but Tinordi is much more "Captain" material than PK.

The "C" isn't for your best player, it's for the guy in the room who's going to be the bridge between the coach and players. Tinordi fits that to a "T".
The "C" isn't for your best player, it's for your tallest player.

We'll need a "transition captain" assuming this is Gionta's last year as it's unlikely Tinordi would be ready to wear the C in 12 mos.

Old
09-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Mynameismark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
My god you're annoying with the "Subban for captain" crap. He's not even in the same league as Gorges or Tinordi when it comes to off-ice maturity or leadership qualities. Captain's are respected players, Subban is just flat out hated by the opposition. It's not a bad thing, but Subban's no future captain.
Being hated by the opposition isn't a bad thing. In fact, it's a great thing.

Old
09-22-2013, 10:34 AM
OpenIceHit

I think Subban still deserves a "A" just for his performance. Wouldn't it be weird that a Norris winner doesn't at least have a "A" on his jersey? Just asking...

Old
09-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khal Drogo View Post
Being hated by the opposition isn't a bad thing. In fact, it's a great thing.
100%, but NOT for captain. I adore Subban, but hey even the great Guy Lafleur never wore the C, and there's reasons for that.

Old
09-22-2013, 10:39 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
I think Subban still deserves a "A" just for his performance. Wouldn't it be weird that a Norris winner doesn't at least have a "A" on his jersey? Just asking...
Give Subban an A, as well as Pacioretty and maybe Eller.

We've got a great young group!

Old
09-22-2013, 10:43 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I literally cannot stand Diaz. For an "Offensive Defenseman", his decision making offensively is absolutely atrocious.

Old
09-22-2013, 10:43 AM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
It's way too early to say that...I mean you can say the same thing about Bournival showing captain material with his maturity and work ethic. Thankfully we have a few guys with "future captain" material, but I do find it funny that these comments come out for Tinordi because he fought.
How can it be too early to say he has the potential to wear a letter on the team down the road? Im not talking about him the same way people talked about Higgins and Komi. But the fact remains: Tinordi seems to have a good head on his shoulders and his style of play (if developed properly) would simply make him a leader on the ice.

Nothings for certain, but I just like his potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Subban is way ahead of him in every metrics you just cited. And he's much more "Face of the Club" material than anyone on our roster.
Im just commenting on Tinordi's qualities, why bring Subban into it?

Old
09-22-2013, 10:44 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
My god you're annoying with the "Subban for captain" crap. He's not even in the same league as Gorges or Tinordi when it comes to off-ice maturity or leadership qualities. Captain's are respected players, Subban is just flat out hated by the opposition. It's not a bad thing, but Subban's no future captain.
Just show me one instance of off-the-ice "immature" demonstration by Subban. You are just repeating the rascist falsehood and prejudging that are prevalent around the NHL regarding PK.

Off the ice, Subban has never been anything but extremely professional, mature and respectful to everybody, both teammates and opposition. The only thing you can say against his character is that he's an extrovert, but I wouldn't necessarily call that against him if he manages to channel it properly.

Which, so far, he's getting damn good at it.

You point out leadership as some obscure, intangible quality that you can label some players have having it or not. Subban goes to the defense of teammates. Subban is always there to congratulate a teammate doing good. Subban is always saying the team counts first; and his personal achievement means nothing when the team doesn't win.

Subban was the one to start the "triple-low-5" in early 2010 to help Carey's morale after the Halakomania. While it had to end eventually, it was a great move by Subban on the short-term to help a mentally struggling teammate who was heavily criticized by his fanbase.

And someone saying that Subban is TOO MUCH the "face of the team" are dumb as ****. COME ON. Like it's a bad thing that your Captain is also the most marketable player. Captain Crosby, or Captain Iginla were sure screw ups, weren't they?

Old
09-22-2013, 10:47 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
No. Not at all. His actually performance on the ice, while instrumental, should not be your concern regarding getting the A or C. A or C should be about concern about the team, trying to motivate your teammates and inspiring them.

Winning the Norris is not an argument. Obviously, you shouldn't give the A or C to a player who sucks, 'cause how can he inspire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Im just commenting on Tinordi's qualities, why bring Subban into it?
Because while you made a good argument as to why Tinordi have the qualities to have the C, I retorted how Subban is ahead of him regarding these same qualities.

Old
09-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Mynameismark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
Datspuke? What has he ever done to deserve that name? He's a class act
He doesn't think gay people are normal.

Old
09-22-2013, 10:50 AM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Guy Lafleur says hello. Letters aren't everything.

Old
09-22-2013, 10:54 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Positives:

Bournival: Woww, is this guy doping ? Compared to last year, Bournival is a completely transformed man. So far, in this pre-season, he's our best player. He looks very fast, opportunist, and very involved.

Tinordi: Bergevin and Therrien are having a tough decision to make.

St-Pierre: his style is similar to Desharnais. Given time and good opportunity, he may be as good as Desharnais. I may under-value Desharnais a bit.

Negatives:
McCarron, Collberg and Thomas haven't impressed me at all. I think that they are at least 2 years away to become a good NHLer.

Eller: I understand this is pre-season...but watching him in his 2 games, he looks like Kostitsyn, Zubrus or Afinogenov....in the sense that he has decent talents at all aspects, but somehow can't put all together. Maybe he lacks hockey IQ ? I don't know what exactly he's lacking, but I'm afraid that he can't turn to excellent player. Once again, this is just pre-season, I may be scared for nothing.
You know how old St-Pierre is, right?

What you see is what you get. Career AHLer who can step in for a couple games when there are injuries.

Old
09-22-2013, 10:56 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khal Drogo View Post
He doesn't think gay people are normal.
You're assuming that cuz he's russian? Or has he said something?

Old
09-22-2013, 10:58 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

The good news when it comes to Diaz is that we won't have the same discussion next season. The guy won't be back.

Old
09-22-2013, 10:58 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Just show me one instance of off-the-ice "immature" demonstration by Subban. You are just repeating the rascist falsehood and prejudging that are prevalent around the NHL regarding PK.

Off the ice, Subban has never been anything but extremely professional, mature and respectful to everybody, both teammates and opposition. The only thing you can say against his character is that he's an extrovert, but I wouldn't necessarily call that against him if he manages to channel it properly.

Which, so far, he's getting damn good at it.

You point out leadership as some obscure, intangible quality that you can label some players have having it or not. Subban goes to the defense of teammates. Subban is always there to congratulate a teammate doing good. Subban is always saying the team counts first; and his personal achievement means nothing when the team doesn't win.

Subban was the one to start the "triple-low-5" in early 2010 to help Carey's morale after the Halakomania. While it had to end eventually, it was a great move by Subban on the short-term to help a mentally struggling teammate who was heavily criticized by his fanbase.

And someone saying that Subban is TOO MUCH the "face of the team" are dumb as ****. COME ON. Like it's a bad thing that your Captain is also the most marketable player. Captain Crosby, or Captain Iginla were sure screw ups, weren't they?
It's not a racial thing, don't make it one.

You want a captain who's a bore to the media. PK has a ton of personality and speaks his mind. I hope he never changes, but that's not what you want in a captain. You want a guy who's got ZEN self control.

Old
09-22-2013, 11:01 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckyToGally View Post
The good news when it comes to Diaz is that we won't have the same discussion next season. The guy won't be back.
He's been terrible in the pre-season, if this play continues in the season I'd rather have Beaulieu on the third pairing with 2nd pairing PP time next year.

Last edited by MonkeyBusiness: 09-22-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old
09-22-2013, 11:06 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Diaz's play in the pres-season has been puzzling, he has 13 assists in the first 15 or so games last year and was playing some of his best hockey.

he will turn it around, I'm not ready to write him off, he's shown he is a better play than what his ore-season body of work has been.

patience people!

Old
09-22-2013, 11:07 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
It's not a racial thing, don't make it one.

You want a captain who's a bore to the media. PK has a ton of personality and speaks his mind. I hope he never changes, but that's not what you want in a captain. You want a guy who's got ZEN self control.
Man, you could not be possibly more wrong.

You want someone who is reliable. Who isn't gonna say things like a loose cannon. The lazy thing is to pick a bore, but it's not the ONLY way of going at it.

PK has the guts, the charisma and the desire to become a leader. If he figures it out with maturity, he'll be a prime C material, and no amount of generic blandness is ever going to compete with it.

Old
09-22-2013, 11:09 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
He's been terrible in the pre-season, if this play continues in the season I'd rather have Beaulieu on the third pairing with 2nd pairing PP time.
I'd much have BEAULIEU as a top pairing Dman and first PP QB in Hamilton for this year... Why rush the kid.
Next year Markov, Dreweskie, Boullion will be gone
Emelin and Diaz will need to be re-signed...one could be gone
Bottom line... Transformation of our D will happen

Old
09-22-2013, 11:12 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
I'd much have BEAULIEU as a top pairing Dman and first PP QB in Hamilton for this year... Why rush the kid.
I was talking about next year since the poster I quoted was talking about not resigning Diaz. I edited my post to be mroe specific.

Old
09-22-2013, 11:13 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Also I'd expect Markov to be resigned, I would be disappointed if he wasn't. Drewiske has a 2 year deal.

Old
09-22-2013, 11:17 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Discuss

PS: I can't photoshop
What has he done to not be a marshmellow?

BTW, what are the new numbers (weight)?

Closed Thread