HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Canes 3 - Habs 1 Tinordi's body is ready

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2013, 11:18 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
I'd much have BEAULIEU as a top pairing Dman and first PP QB in Hamilton for this year... Why rush the kid.
Next year Markov, Dreweskie, Boullion will be gone
Emelin and Diaz will need to be re-signed...one could be gone
Bottom line... Transformation of our D will happen
I hope that you mean Diaz will be gone. Emelin should be part of our core on defense.

Old
09-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckyToGally View Post
I hope that you mean Diaz will be gone. Emelin should be part of our core on defense.
Agreed, he's like the perfect #5 D for the team capable of filling in the top 4 on either R or L side if there are injuries. Brings elite hitting seldom seen in the team. Hopefully he fully recovers.

2014/15:
Tinordi - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Beaulieu - Gorges

Old
09-22-2013, 11:32 AM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Our Core for the next few seasons in no order:

Subban
Markov
Emelin
Tinordi
Gorges

after that it's either guys like Diaz who aren't good enough to be considered a core player (but they have a roster spot) and guys like Beaulieu who haven't proven themselves so we shouldn't assume anything.

The 5 players I listed are solid, but outside Subban and Emelin it's hard to tell how good this list looks. Markov's career is winding down, Tinordi still has things to prove, and Gorges IMO needs to play as a #4 at best (he's had a few years of solid play, but needs a smaller role to be effective, we can't have him on the PP anymore)

The good thing is with the crazy number of D prospects we have, we're bound to get at least 1-2 that are NHLers, and odds are at least one of them will be able to be more than just a 3rd pairing guy.

Old
09-22-2013, 11:33 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Agreed, he's like the perfect #5 D for the team capable of filling in the top 4 on either R or L side if there are injuries. Brings elite hitting seldom seen in the team. Hopefully he fully recovers.

2014/15:
Tinordi - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Beaulieu - Gorges
If things go well this season, it would be an awesome squad, with Pateryn or Nygren as the 7th defenseman.

Old
09-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

If the idea is to improve, and we understand that Diaz is a good puck moving d-man with some defensive problems that isn't too physical....maybe improving means giving Beaulieu his shot when ready. Or even Nygren. Both of those guys who do possess Diaz puckmoving ability and could end up slightly better defensively (if things go on schedule) and in Beaulieu's case who might also be more physical. But that's solely if Beaulieu and Nygren shows progression throughout the year.....Might be Beaulieu last chance to shine this year.

Beaulieu and Leblanc....same battle. Same timeframe. This year is THE year to make a statement.

Old
09-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Impossible Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post

2014/15:
Tinordi - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Beaulieu - Gorges
Maybe that's why Bergevin didn't felt the need to trade for a big, highly priced shutdown defenseman this year and causing a hole elsewhere in the line-up/future. He probably knows that his squad is average this year, but has a good chance of improving "by itself" over the next few years. Even if one or two of those guys don't pan out like planned, you still have Diaz/Nygren/Pateryn/Dietz who all have a decent chance at being an asset in the future.

Old
09-22-2013, 11:44 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If the idea is to improve, and we understand that Diaz is a good puck moving d-man with some defensive problems that isn't too physical....maybe improving means giving Beaulieu his shot when ready. Or even Nygren. Both of those guys who do possess Diaz puckmoving ability and could end up slightly better defensively (if things go on schedule) and in Beaulieu's case who might also be more physical. But that's solely if Beaulieu and Nygren shows progression throughout the year.....Might be Beaulieu last chance to shine this year.

Beaulieu and Leblanc....same battle. Same timeframe. This year is THE year to make a statement.
I disagree about Beaulieu and Leblanc. Defensemen take usually more time for their development and Beaulieu is two years younger.

Old
09-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
I disagree about Beaulieu and Leblanc. Defensemen take usually more time for their development and Beaulieu is two years younger.
We know that the Habs have a shorter leash for players with some off-ice issues...Clearly, Beaulieu is in that list. And while it takes more time to develop, not sure we've seen teams being that patient with players no matter their position. When you draft a D in the CHL, you still have 2 years to sign him or not. Even if he's clearly not fully developed. Beaulieu himself has to expect being close to the NHL. And if he's not recalled all year and doesn't show improvement, he will start to think that a breath of fresh air is needed.

The idea here is development. Even if they don't mind waiting for Beaulieu for the next 2 or 3 years, if they don't see any development from him this year..he's done. He doesn't have to be fully developed this year. He has to show improvement.

Old
09-22-2013, 11:51 AM
Zathronas

Quote:

The lack of patience on this forum always astound me. Are we so pressed up for a puck mover that we can't wait a year or two for Beaulieu's development?

Old
09-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Brainiac

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathronas View Post
The lack of patience on this forum always astound me. Are we so pressed up for a puck mover that we can't wait a year or two for Beaulieu's development?
Especially when Markov is still looking very good! Can do the job for at least 2 years, IMO.

Old
09-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
And if he's not recalled all year and doesn't show improvement, he will start to think that a breath of fresh air is needed.
Whitesnake. He's 20 years old for God's sakes. He played 6 games with the big team last year. He led an awful team in the AHL in points, as a defensemen. No, there is definitely no breath of fresh air needed.

Old
09-22-2013, 12:03 PM
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I literally cannot stand Diaz. For an "Offensive Defenseman", his decision making offensively is absolutely atrocious.
But... but...

QoC!!! Stats! His 10 games with Markov in Jan/Feb last season!!!

No kidding man, same here. Watched him yesterday, watched Nygren, and honestly, couldn't see any difference between those two despite their age/experience, and besides the fact Nygren is going to at least take a hit sometimes to complete a play, which you literally CAN'T see Diaz doing out there.

Old
09-22-2013, 12:10 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

Quote:
We know that the Habs have a shorter leash for players with some off-ice issues...Clearly, Beaulieu is in that list. And while it takes more time to develop, not sure we've seen teams being that patient with players no matter their position. When you draft a D in the CHL, you still have 2 years to sign him or not. Even if he's clearly not fully developed. Beaulieu himself has to expect being close to the NHL. And if he's not recalled all year and doesn't show improvement, he will start to think that a breath of fresh air is needed.

The idea here is development. Even if they don't mind waiting for Beaulieu for the next 2 or 3 years, if they don't see any development from him this year..he's done. He doesn't have to be fully developed this year. He has to show improvement.
Spot on. I'm not sold on Beaulieu. His potential is through the roof. He has so many intangibles and such fine raw tools. It's a shame he's such a meathead.

Old
09-22-2013, 12:11 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
But... but...

QoC!!! Stats! His 10 games with Markov in Jan/Feb last season!!!

No kidding man, same here. Watched him yesterday, watched Nygren, and honestly, couldn't see any difference between those two despite their age/experience, and besides the fact Nygren is going to at least take a hit sometimes to complete a play, which you literally CAN'T see Diaz doing out there.
I'm sure MT won't see it this way but Diaz isn't even needed for the PP. Markov-Subban should just play the whole 2mins.

He should start the year as the #6, but they shouldn't hesistate to sit him.

Old
09-22-2013, 12:12 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Spot on. I'm not sold on Beaulieu. His potential is through the roof. He has so many intangibles and such fine raw tools. It's a shame he's such a meathead.
Isn't it his dad, who is the meathead?

Old
09-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

I don't like Diaz either.

Old
09-22-2013, 12:16 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Isn't it his dad, who is the meathead?
Well, yeah but it seems apparent that he shares some of those traits.

Old
09-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Anyone have a youtube of all the hits ? I see there's some. I had to leave part way through the first.

Old
09-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Maxpac

I doubt Diaz even finishes the season with the Habs. He categoricaly REFUSES to feed anybody for a 1-timer, I have no idea if it's out of fear of losing his spot to the guy he's feeding the puck too..., and he never takes the shot either, he just cycles the puck along the boards over and over.

Old
09-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
My god you're annoying with the "Subban for captain" crap. He's not even in the same league as Gorges or Tinordi when it comes to off-ice maturity or leadership qualities. Captain's are respected players, Subban is just flat out hated by the opposition. It's not a bad thing, but Subban's no future captain.
Why in God's name is anybody talking about Tinordi as a future captain?? W.T.F is wrong with this fanbase. Can't you fans freaking control your stupid emotions and excitement about a player. Jesus Christ it's lame and pathetic.

What's even more pathetic is you think that because PK is hated by the opposition it somehow discredits his Captain potential. Is Crosby liked? He's forever been labeled as a whiny diver. Chara? The big tall freak show that almost destroyed MaxPac's face? Yea, I'm sure he's just LOVED by his opponents. What about Ovechkin?? The lovable Russian that will take your head off, score a goal and showboat in your goalie's face right after. Yup, All adored Captains..
Captains have to be liked by opponents now?? Since when is that a requirement??
Captain's aren't always respected. Their skills is. Not every Captain is Sakic, Yzerman or Lemieux.
You think they don't respect PK's skill?? Well if they didn't, they certainly will now with his Norris.

You say he's annoying about his ''PK for Captain'', well you just countered by saying a freaking ROOKIE is on another level than PK for off-ice maturity. That's right. You actually spewed this freaking crap out. Please, share with us. What do you base this on?
When has PK been in controversial situations OFF ICE? When has he done anything bad? Who has a better off season training? Who's more professional than him? Based on what??

Gorges should be traded, not given the ''C''. We need a bigger and more aggressive version of Gorges, if Tinordi becomes that, great, but he's nowhere near that yet. We should be looking to improve him. He also demonstrated his smarts when he was opening his big mouth during the lockout, and actually dissed Hamrlik because the man wanted to play hockey. Screw him, he's a twit.
Tinordi has A LOT to prove before even being mentioned in the same sentence.

You can hate on PK all you want, but saying Tinordi is on another level in terms of off-ice maturity is nothing more than crap straight out of your nasty whole.
So spare us this BS.

Old
09-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Fozz

Quote:

What do you mean by "same timeframe"? Those 2 guys aren't on the same time frame at all. Beaulieu has 2 years on his ELC while Leblanc needs to be re-signed next summer. That's the only measure of time that matters for those 2 guys.

As for the thread topic, I really love Tinordi's game so far this pre-season. Improved skating, positioning and puck skills. He's assertive and won't back down if you what to challenge him. In fact, Gleason (who's no slouch in the fisticuffs department, far from it) found out that you might not want to challenge him every time he throws a big, clean hit.

Last edited by Fozz: 09-22-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old
09-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Why in God's name is anybody talking about Tinordi as a future captain?? W.T.F is wrong with this fanbase. Can't you fans freaking control your stupid emotions and excitement about a player. Jesus Christ it's lame and pathetic.

What's even more pathetic is you think that because PK is hated by the opposition it somehow discredits his Captain potential. Is Crosby liked? He's forever been labeled as a whiny diver. Chara? The big tall freak show that almost destroyed MaxPac's face? Yea, I'm sure he's just LOVED by his opponents. What about Ovechkin?? The lovable Russian that will take your head off, score a goal and showboat in your goalie's face right after. Yup, All adored Captains..
Captain's aren't always respected. Their skills is. Not every Captain is Sakic, Yzerman or Lemieux.
You think they don't respect PK's skill?? Well if they didn't, they certainly will now with his Norris.

You say he's annoying about his ''PK for Captain'', well you just countered by saying a freaking ROOKIE is on another level than PK for off-ice maturity. That's right. You actually spewed this freaking crap out. Please, share with us. What do you base this on?
When has PK been in controversial situations OFF ICE? When has he done anything bad? Who has a better off season training? Who's more professional than him? Based on what??

Gorges should be traded, not given the ''C''. We need a bigger and more aggressive version of Gorges, if Tinordi becomes that, great, but he's nowhere near that yet. We should be looking to improve him. He also demonstrated his smarts when he was opening his big mouth during the lockout, and actually dissed Hamrlik because the man wanted to play hockey. Screw him, he's a twit.

You can hate on PK all you want, but saying Tinordi is on another level in terms of off-ice maturity is nothing more than crap straight out of your nasty whole.
So spare us this BS.
Tinordi was the captain of every team he was on and he will probably be the further captain of this team not after gionta but he will probanly will be eventually.

If he turns out to be the player I'm hoping

Old
09-22-2013, 12:53 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

Quote:

So spare us this BS.
What you're complaining about is reasonable speculation on the future of a likely leadership candidate. No need to freak out.

Old
09-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
Tinordi was the captain of every team he was on and he will probably be the further captain of this team not after gionta but he will probanly will be eventually.

If he turns out to be the player I'm hoping
Ya, make a list of all the players that were captains of their teams before making the NHL, you'll notice the list is huge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
What you're complaining about is reasonable speculation on the future of a likely leadership candidate. No need to freak out.
Not freaking out about this, I think it's dumb because fans do the same freaking thing every year. Komi, Higgins, PK, Gorges, now Tinordi, heard Galchenyuk's name thrown around too...always, a new name.

But what is ridiculous is saying Tinordi is on another level and has shown more maturity off the ice than PK.

Old
09-22-2013, 01:06 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

Quote:
Not freaking out about this, I think it's dumb because fans do the same freaking thing every year. Komi, Higgins, PK, Gorges, now Tinordi, heard Galchenyuk's name thrown around too...always, a new name.

But what is ridiculous is saying Tinordi is on another level and has shown more maturity off the ice than PK.
Did anyone say that explicitly though. I just think you're mistaking people specualting on potential for people saying a player is a lock for the C. The talk about Tinordi is completely different than higgins, komi,etc IMO.

Closed Thread