HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Preds Talk Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2013, 12:33 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
14 years ago today the Thrashers won their first ever preseason game over the Preds.

Old
09-11-2013, 02:59 PM
PredsFanFromla

[QUOTE=Adz;70991621]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsFanFromla View Post
Great Tiger that you have there roman,But LSU has a better one that currently weighs 450 pounds:

You forget, we're going for the youth aspect. Your tiger is waaaay too old.

he is just 7 years old(born july 23rd,2005),Came to LSU in 2007 at age 2 and weighed 300 pounds,Estimates by LSU Veterinary staff are that Mike VI may top out at 600 lb (270 kg) or more, making him LSU's largest tiger mascot ever

Old
09-11-2013, 03:21 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

[QUOTE=PredsFanFromla;71011921]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post

he is just 7 years old(born july 23rd,2005),Came to LSU in 2007 at age 2 and weighed 300 pounds,Estimates by LSU Veterinary staff are that Mike VI may top out at 600 lb (270 kg) or more, making him LSU's largest tiger mascot ever
He must have shared munchies with Tyrann Mathieu

Old
09-11-2013, 05:01 PM
PredsFanFromla

Can somebody that is at the SOTU give updates when the players Q/A starts

Old
09-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Preds33
RIP Shea Weber!

Has anyone noticed how many games will not be on TV? The FoxSports schedule came out today and the team has updated the schedule page with the tv networks airing the games. 8 do not have any networks listed. 4 of those 8 are in October.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm

Old
09-11-2013, 10:58 PM
jntarheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsFanFromla View Post
Can somebody that is at the SOTU give updates when the players Q/A starts
It was a great night, but I couldn't live update the comments from my phone as quickly as it was going.

Cellblock 303 did a pretty good job of catching most of the Q and A's with both the players and the front office guys on their Twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/Cellblock303

The player panel was Fisher, Cullen, Nystrom, and Weber. With Grimson and Callahan emceeing the deal.

The front office group was emceed by Pete Weber and included CEO Henry, HC Trotz, Chairman Cigarran, CEO Cogen, and GM Poile.

Last edited by jntarheels: 09-11-2013 at 11:06 PM. Reason: The Player panel was Fisher, Cullen, Nystrom, and Weber. With Grimson and Callahan emceeing the deal
Old
09-12-2013, 05:26 AM
sparkle twin
That's Amore!

Here's what I remember from the sotu..... (this is long.....you're welcome )

Management side:
-Poile
-Very impressed with Forsberg, Sissions, Salomaki from the rookie tournament. Forsberg looked like he could play in top 6 right away. Other 2 look like they could play games sometime this year or next.
-Usually the road to Nashville goes through Milwaukee, but maybe this year they have a detour and go straight to Nashville for Forsberg and Jones.
-Watson is starting to fill out into more of a mans body. Jones has a mans body already.
-Poile and his staff had 4 points they wanted to address this summer. By some miracle they landed Jones and got the top 4 dman they were looking for for free. Hutton was a situation where they're really trusting their scouts and other coaches, he's developed a relationship with Mitch Korn already.
-All players that had surgery (Wilson, Gaustad, Bourque, Rinne) have been cleared to return to action. Will take it slow with Rinne and not likely to play in the first few preseason games.

-Trotz
-We're going to have some good rivals. "I've already made some people in Minnesota mad. I'm going after everyone this year. If you want to play the Preds, you're going to pay a price. We're going to play Predators hockey. If someone punches us in the nose we're going to punch them right back." To which Pete Weber said, "You've just seen the transformation of Barry Trotz to Steve Spurrier." ...The ole hockey coach!
-Said Nystrom and Fiddler never shutup when they played against the Preds and hopefully now Nystrom can give some of that back against Dallas and other teams.
-This will probably be the youngest group of defensemen we've ever had. They will really have to be coached, but with some time they should be a really good, solid group. Housley will work directly with the defense.
-No set number of games for Rinne. If he's healthy he'll play, but they want to make sure he's healthy going into the season.
-Said Stalberg was a guy that has the potential to be a top player, but just hasn't yet and hopefully with a bigger role and more ice time he can fulfill that role here.
-If he had to pick right this second, his shootout choices would be Smith, Cullen, Hendricks.
-When talking to Stalberg and other non-Preds, none of them understood the TV-timeout standing ovation. All they knew was that they couldn't hear themselves on the bench and they just stood looking around at the crowd. The Predators players/coaches get fired up every time. They may be at the end of the tank but when they get that ovation, it fires them up and they dig a little bit more!!

-Cogen/Henry
-Goal is to make Bridgestone Arena the #1 sports and entertainment venue in North America. Currently top 5.
-When built, the arena was really nice, but it's over 15 years old and needs refreshed. The only thing they had really done in 15 years was the new videoboard. Gradually upgrading things like carpet, concession choices.
-Upgrading the marquee outside. Putting a big video board up there. They may actually show the games on there, too (mostly for playoffs, but maybe for regular season, too). Henry said it will be better than the "light bright" thing they have now.
-The back entrance will in essence become the side entrance. It will have a bigger plaza with big video boards. If a big event is going on at the MCC they might show the keynote speaker on the board.
-Restaurant/pub being built in there. And a new proshop that will be accessible from the outside and everyday of the week. If you haven't been past the arena lately, drive by the back. The back door and small plaza area is completely torn up. There is a big wall there right now blocking all the construction from the inside of the arena. If you usually go inside the arena from the back entrance I don't know if that will be open in time for any games coming up. I mean, it's a big mess back there! The sidewalk it partially closed as well.
-Working with MCC for parking deal. Preds don't get money from that, it's just a deal for fans.
-As our building sells out more, our TV ratings have doubled over the last 3 years. We're working up to all 82 games being on TV, but this year we're up to 74(?) and all in HD. All games will be on 102.5 radio.
-They want gold to be our brand and be EVERYWHERE. They're painting more gold inside the arena. Jokingly said they did a deal with Metro to use Predator gold on their school buses and with TDOT to use Predator gold as the center lines on roads.
-When they did the ticket deal for getting the red out, they did it for our fans. Henry got emails from Chicago fans that basically cussed him out and told him what to do and where/who to do it with. Henry/Preds don't really care what Chicago fans think. They're not doing things for out of town visitors to come down for a weekend, they're doing things for PREDATORS fans.
-The plan may deter some fans but not others. And if Chicago fans come and buy the extra game tickets then that's just more tickets sold to some other games.
-The team holds a certain amount of tickets every game for the visiting team players. The team can sell those at any price. Cogan joked that any tickets for Philly players will be $14 million each, lol.
-We'll have a gold carpet again. And this time it will be left up for fans to walk in on every game. They want other teams and visiting fans to know YOU ARE IN SMASHVILLE!!!

Cigarran -
-No firm confirmation has been given, but it has bee intimated that an All-Star game could be in Nashville within 3 years.
-Should be a major announcement with the SEC and arena in the next week (seems pretty obvious what it could be).
-When asked if the team could be profitable with a payroll near/at the cap he said it could. While we aren't yet, the current trajectory of the franchise and revenues makes it possible.
-The new cba did change some of the revenue sharing. It made it more fixed. It actually increased for us. Not by anything significant, but it is a slight bit more. Revenue sharing won't make or break the Predators. We will gladly accept it, but it's not what will determine if the Preds succeed or fail. Tickets and sponsorships will determine that.

Players:
-First fan question was about addressing scoring. Fisher replied, "Scoring?"...then said shoot more, get the PP back to #1.
-Weber told tale of deep sea fishing and catching a 300lb marlin. It took a few hours to get it into the boat.
-Fisher then told of how he was VICIOUSLY ATTACKED by a chipmunk. Stu Grimson said his rodent hunting tools were usually a tennis racket or baseball bat. Fisher said if his wife wasn't home, he probably would have used those as well instead of his bare hand. But he underestimated how fast and strong the chipmunk was.
-Nystrom can't wait to play against Dallas and Minnesota.
-Weber said he likes playing against Crosby. Said he's the best player in the world and if you're not on your game Crosby can make you look silly and foolish.
-Fisher said some teammates in Ottawa used to call him "Meat" because he used to bring in meat of the animals he hunted for his teammates to eat. Sausage, venison, fish. Nystrom asked when he was going to bring any for this lockerroom and Fish said he would bring it tomorrow. Cullen looked scared, lol.
-Fisher likes realignment for new rivals and thinks it will be great for fans to see all the teams now.
-Cullen said when deciding what team to come to he wanted to come to a team that had the chance to win.
-Nystrom thinks Preds fan are awesome. Never seen a turnout like this for any other summer fan event. For all the talk about his contract, he sure acts like Nashville was his dream destination. That makes me like him a lot.

I could have had more, but I couldn't hear a few things because of the chatterbox MEN behind me. Yes men, not women, that just would not. shut. up. Even after the players panel was over and they changed seats, I could still hear them!!

If you read it all, congratulations. And have a nice day.

Last edited by sparkle twin: 09-12-2013 at 05:36 AM.
Old
09-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Viqsi
caution: bite hazard

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Something minor for folks still interested in stuff related to the Geoffrions - apparently Skille, up here, is taking #5 as a sort of tribute to Blake:

Quote:
-- Skille wears No. 5, typically held for defensemen. He asked for it. "Three reasons, really," Skille said. "It's the first number I ever wore in hockey, and I have the picture to prove it. I was four years old. And it's the number my dad wore when he was an all-state (high school football) running back. But the main thing for me is, I picked it because Blake Geoffrion is really good buddy. He wore that number, and everything that’s happened to him the last couple of years, it’s pretty cool to be able to wear that number on his behalf. Maybe he’ll bring me some luck." Geoffrion retired this summer after suffering a career-ending head-injury while playing in the AHL in the Montreal's organization. He was hired as a pro scout by the Blue Jackets this summer.
(from http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...ptimistic.html, emphasis added)

Congratulations to all Las Vegas area hockey fans, present and future!
Old
09-12-2013, 09:12 AM
PFL615

Thank you for your detailed report Sparkle. Anyone else got anything to add from the skate of the union??

Old
09-12-2013, 09:18 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
Here's what I remember from the sotu.....
This is great information. Thanks for the write-up!

Old
09-12-2013, 11:42 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

If Nystrom comes out and crushes somebody against Florida, I'll consider my about-face complete. The guy is hilarious.

Old
09-12-2013, 12:12 PM
TootooTrain
Southern Hospitality

Thanks Sparkle!

Old
09-12-2013, 12:16 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
If Nystrom comes out and crushes somebody against Florida, I'll consider my about-face complete. The guy is hilarious.
A Clune/Nystom comedy duo perhaps? They'll beat the crap outta you, but make you laugh along the way.

Old
09-12-2013, 01:46 PM
PredsFanFromla

the Players Q and A Video is on the preds website

Old
09-14-2013, 12:01 PM
TootooTrain
Southern Hospitality

Discovered last night that Filip Forsberg in NHL 13 is pronounced DiPietro. lol

Last edited by TootooTrain: 09-14-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old
09-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Liquidfire3240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Discovered last night that Filip Forsberg in NHL 13 is pronounced DiPietro. lol
Yea I noticed that as well, the last roster update added him, but not the right play by play name.

Old
09-21-2013, 11:03 PM
jntarheels

I know i already asked this, and don't want to sound desperate.
However does anyone know if the tickets for the STH Meet the Team party next Sunday are hard tickets and is there any season ticket holder that cannot or is not going that would like to let their ticket(s) go to good use?! I am not even sure if the way they doing STH stuff now if it is even a possibility, but i just wanted to check as my Fiance and I would absolutely love to go. Thanks!

Old
09-22-2013, 01:11 AM
TootooTrain
Southern Hospitality

Trotz

Old
09-22-2013, 10:01 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post

Trotz
hahaha

Old
09-22-2013, 12:15 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by jntarheels View Post
I know i already asked this, and don't want to sound desperate.
However does anyone know if the tickets for the STH Meet the Team party next Sunday are hard tickets and is there any season ticket holder that cannot or is not going that would like to let their ticket(s) go to good use?! I am not even sure if the way they doing STH stuff now if it is even a possibility, but i just wanted to check as my Fiance and I would absolutely love to go. Thanks!
as far as I know, they are just loaded on the smashville cards. They don't show up in my tickets on ticketmaster, so there is no way for me to print them out.

Old
09-22-2013, 05:11 PM
jntarheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
as far as I know, they are just loaded on the smashville cards. They don't show up in my tickets on ticketmaster, so there is no way for me to print them out.
Gotcha. Kinda what I figured. Thanks for the response!

Old
09-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

Random Pics From Tonight's Game

Fun game tonight. Good to see some hockey again. Those sweaters were $300 a piece by the way. Just browsing...

Old
09-22-2013, 09:21 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

$300 for Indo-Edge is right at the MSRP for blanks. For comparison, the vast majority of my game worn jerseys cost less than an accurately customized blank Indo-Edge.

At least the proshop has the closest thing to an "authentic" Preds jersey that Reebok puts on the retail market.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:38 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

They also felt a little heavier as well. I've checked out the game worn jerseys they usually have on the rack above those and they were from $700 to $1000 last season. This is at that small shop at the south entrance/exit where they're doing all the construction.

Old
09-22-2013, 10:03 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Party View Post
They also felt a little heavier as well. I've checked out the game worn jerseys they usually have on the rack above those and they were from $700 to $1000 last season. This is at that small shop at the south entrance/exit where they're doing all the construction.
Sad that the Preds still only get Indo Edge from Reebok ... not the Edge 2.0 jerseys that match the materials and construction of the gamers. Your pic confirms that Indos live on.

Closed Thread