HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 - Sweden Roster Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
08-29-2013, 03:21 AM
jfc64

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
I have a feeling the Sedins will become much like Joe Thornton is today. The difference perhaps is that Thornton was better at his peak so perhaps that means the Sedins will be 65 point players around age 35-37.
Half of Crosby's points and I'm happy. As long as they can play on our third line next Olympics.

Old
08-29-2013, 01:55 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentothal View Post
Would be really cool to see Alfredsson play his 5th straight Olympic tournament.

Games, Goals, Assists, Points, Scoring position on team

1998 Nagano
4 2 3 5 #1

2002 Salt Lake City
4 1 4 5 #3

2006 Turin
8 5 5 10 #1

2010 Vancouver
4 3 0 3 #3

Total: 23 p (11g 12a) in 20 games. What an Olympian.
God as we call him in Ottawa haha. Love him no matter what! If Canada loses I am going Sweden all the way. (I also have Swedish cousins)

Johansson Backstrom Eriksson
Franzen Zetterberg Alfredsson
Sedin Sedin Landeskog
Steen Berglund Silfverberg
Hagelin Zibanejad

Hjalmarsson Karlsson
Kronwall OEL
Edler Brodin
Hedman Ericsson

Lundqvist
Lehner
Markstrom

My god that team is frightening especially the d core and goaltending. Do Kronwall, OEL or Edler play the right side? I think Hjalmarsson is the best d partner for Karlsson because he is probably the best defensive d man on the team, his size and mobility are very similar to Methot in Ottawa which has been a dream partner for Karlsson.

I attempted to format the lines based on chemistry and positions these lines make sense to me but perhaps not to someone who is more familiar with the team. I left Hornqvist off because I felt his skating isn't nearly as strong as Zibanejad or Hagelin and on the big ice he could potentially be more of a liability?

I honestly think on the Olympic ice this is the best, most balanced and well equipped team heading into the tournament. They are very very good defensively and they will run 4 really good lines that will be sound defensively while scoring. They are seemingly the only team without any weakness.

Old
08-30-2013, 11:54 AM
m4tt145

vCash: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
God as we call him in Ottawa haha. Love him no matter what! If Canada loses I am going Sweden all the way. (I also have Swedish cousins)

Johansson Backstrom Eriksson
Franzen Zetterberg Alfredsson
Sedin Sedin Landeskog
Steen Berglund Silfverberg
Hagelin Zibanejad

Hjalmarsson Karlsson
Kronwall OEL
Edler Brodin
Hedman Ericsson

Lundqvist
Lehner
Markstrom

My god that team is frightening especially the d core and goaltending. Do Kronwall, OEL or Edler play the right side? I think Hjalmarsson is the best d partner for Karlsson because he is probably the best defensive d man on the team, his size and mobility are very similar to Methot in Ottawa which has been a dream partner for Karlsson.

I attempted to format the lines based on chemistry and positions these lines make sense to me but perhaps not to someone who is more familiar with the team. I left Hornqvist off because I felt his skating isn't nearly as strong as Zibanejad or Hagelin and on the big ice he could potentially be more of a liability?

I honestly think on the Olympic ice this is the best, most balanced and well equipped team heading into the tournament. They are very very good defensively and they will run 4 really good lines that will be sound defensively while scoring. They are seemingly the only team without any weakness.
Sedins will play with Eriksson. I would also prefer to see Z as LW with Backström, with Alfie as RW.

Steen - Berglund - Franzén would make a great third line.

As for the fourth line, im not entierly sure about how I wan't it to be, Landeskog is a lock for me, but it would also be interesting to see Krüger, Backlund, Stålberg, Hagelin, Silvferberg, Zibanejad or even Söderberg (if he does well in Boston) play.

Old
09-03-2013, 05:43 AM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4tt145 View Post
Sedins will play with Eriksson. I would also prefer to see Z as LW with Backström, with Alfie as RW.

Steen - Berglund - Franzén would make a great third line.

As for the fourth line, im not entierly sure about how I wan't it to be, Landeskog is a lock for me, but it would also be interesting to see Krüger, Backlund, Stålberg, Hagelin, Silvferberg, Zibanejad or even Söderberg (if he does well in Boston) play.
Or second line...good line if they get into offensive zone.

Sedin - Sedin - Zetterberg
Steen - Berglund - Franzén
Eriksson - Bäckström - Hörnqvist/Alfredsson
Pääjärvi/Hagelin - Lundqvist/Krüger - Landeskog

Old
09-03-2013, 06:52 AM
m4tt145

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
Or second line...good line if they get into offensive zone.

Sedin - Sedin - Zetterberg
Steen - Berglund - Franzén
Eriksson - Bäckström - Alfredsson
Hagelin - Krüger - Landeskog
Fixed it.

Looks good although it's unlikely for Eriksson not to play with the Sedins.

Old
09-03-2013, 08:14 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

kruger is a good player but he got 0% physical game. we need more snarl. zibanejad, lundqvist..

Old
09-03-2013, 11:22 AM
m4tt145

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatOne View Post
kruger is a good player but he got 0% physical game. we need more snarl. zibanejad, lundqvist..
Krüger is a real asset on the PK though. And id be happy if Zibanejad makes it, but no thanks to Lundqvist.

Old
09-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Huffman

Quote:
Krüger is a real asset on the PK though. And id be happy if Zibanejad makes it, but no thanks to Lundqvist.
I like Kruger and I have a feeling Mårts likes him too. Zibanejad is still a bit "fladdrig" and Lundqvist is too slow, we certainly don't need more slow guys than necessary. I wish we had a Hossa or Gaborik on this team, someone with wheels and scoring touch.

Old
09-04-2013, 02:18 AM
jfc64

Quote:
Fixed it.

Looks good although it's unlikely for Eriksson not to play with the Sedins.
Just to make real, REAL sure the puck is in the offensive zone

Or wait... maybe Ekman-Larsson-Karlsson can take it there.

Old
09-04-2013, 07:29 AM
m4tt145

Quote:
Just to make real, REAL sure the puck is in the offensive zone

Or wait... maybe Ekman-Larsson-Karlsson can take it there.
Perhaps Erik Karlsson has a shot at it too?

Old
09-04-2013, 07:32 AM
Darth Yoda

vCash: 593
Our D is certainly dynamic when we turn the play. Maybe the Sedins when they then get it can play around with it there for a while before Eriksson scores. Or maybe a pass back to Karlsson or Ekman-Larsson for a slapper over the blocker. Either wound be fine.
Hopefully Karlsson can show us some Bobby Orr rushes as well every once in a while.

Old
09-05-2013, 08:16 AM
jfc64

Screw most of NHL. This is our team:

Axelsson - Sedin - Lindholm E
Ericsson - Järnkrok - Thörnberg
Omark - Karlsson - Fast
Persson - Lundqvist - Pettersson
Kahnberg - Sörensen

Kronwall N - Kronwall S
Granberg - Karlsson M
Bäckman M - Gunnarsson
Lindholm H - Karlsson E

Markström
Gustafsson
Karlsson

Old
09-07-2013, 07:40 PM
Puck Poise

Quote:
Screw most of NHL. This is our team:

Axelsson - Sedin - Lindholm E
Ericsson - Järnkrok - Thörnberg
Omark - Karlsson - Fast
Persson - Lundqvist - Pettersson
Kahnberg - Sörensen

Kronwall N - Kronwall S
Granberg - Karlsson M
Bäckman M - Gunnarsson
Lindholm H - Karlsson E

Markström
Gustafsson
Karlsson
Magnus Kahnberg and Linus Omark over Zetterberg and Landeskog.

Old
09-08-2013, 03:47 AM
Trotzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreopancake View Post
Swosh...

Old
09-08-2013, 06:10 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Franzen - Zetterberg - Alfredsson
M Johansson - Bäckström - Hörnqvist
Steen - Berglund - Landeskog
Hagelin, Ståhlberg, Silfverberg, MPS, krueger, Zinbad Battle it out for The spares

Karlsson - Kronwall
Edler - OEL
Hjalmarsson - Brodin

Hedman, Oduya/Grossman, Stralman, Ericsson, Tallinder Battle out as extras

Hank in goal
Looks like a very competetive team... Especially on The big Ice. NA teams have never even gotten a medal when The "real" Olympics have been held outside North America. But faced each other both times in the Americas? Coincidence? Let us hope for a repeated trend here

Old
09-11-2013, 06:24 AM
m4tt145

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Franzen - Zetterberg - Alfredsson
M Johansson - Bäckström - Hörnqvist
Steen - Berglund - Landeskog
Hagelin, Ståhlberg, Silfverberg, MPS, krueger, Zinbad Battle it out for The spares

Karlsson - Kronwall
Edler - OEL
Hjalmarsson - Brodin

Hedman, Oduya/Grossman, Stralman, Ericsson, Tallinder Battle out as extras

Hank in goal
Looks like a very competetive team... Especially on The big Ice. NA teams have never even gotten a medal when The "real" Olympics have been held outside North America. But faced each other both times in the Americas? Coincidence? Let us hope for a repeated trend here
Looks really good. Im not sure about Hörnqvist though.

Old
09-17-2013, 02:59 AM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreopancake View Post
Kahnberg is the new Lemieux and Landeskog is easily replaced with "Pajen" Persson.

Old
09-17-2013, 02:59 AM
jfc64

Quote:
Looks really good. Im not sure about Hörnqvist though.
Seen his new contract?

Old
09-17-2013, 06:20 AM
m4tt145

Quote:
Seen his new contract?
Does he use it as a stick?

Old
09-17-2013, 07:55 AM
jfc64

Quote:
Does he use it as a stick?
The only time you'll notice his stick is after a goal!

30, 21 and 27 goals in his last full seasons. First line player on Team Lion.

Old
09-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Ola

Zetterberg-Bäckström-Alfredsson//Its time this is tried. Mårts can't chicken out. Z and Dats got all the chemistry in the world, Z and Bäckström can make it work too. Mårts wants two scoring lines, stick these two together.
Brodin-E. Karlsson//Its essential to have a right hand shot on the blueline with Bäckström. 1/3 of the plays he make is to a right handed shot. Super competent puck-skills on this pair.

Eriksson-Sedin-Sedin//They got chemistry, you don't want to mess too much with the Sedins. BÅG thought they needed a sniper, that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard/seen. They need someone who goes to the net. I think Alex Steen would be an excellent option for the Sedins, but these three work together so no need to gamble.
A Edler-A Larsson//The Sedins got so many plays that are based on a right handed shot from the blueline. Adam Larsson is really coming into his own this season, and is the only RH shot option we have on the blueline besides Rundblad. I saw AL in a pre-season game, he is looking strong this year. Good size and good shots on this D pairing, all the Sedin needs!

Franzen-Jimmie Ericsson-Landeskog//Strong character checking line. Jimmie will make it work. I am going with him over Patrick Berglund right now...
Grossman-Kronwall//You need a 100% defensive competent blueline, and this pair gives us that.

Hagelin-Lundqvist-Steen//A line that can play a perfect 4th line checking game. Lundqvist ties up the dots on the big ice. Hagelin will harass D's used to the NA ice for sure. Steen is underrated. I don't think its a dumb idea to have centers playing in Europe on the big ice. You need the right plays more than you need ability.
OEL-Hedman//I don't quite like this D-pairing for 4th D duty, but I don't know... They are depth if nothing else and can chip in on any pairing if needed.

Old
09-22-2013, 01:37 AM
Darth Yoda

vCash: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
OEL-Hedman//I don't quite like this D-pairing for 4th D duty, but I don't know... They are depth if nothing else and can chip in on any pairing if needed.
You just destroyed your entire post by essentially putting these two on the bench.

Old
09-22-2013, 01:53 PM
m4tt145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Zetterberg-Bäckström-Alfredsson//Its time this is tried. Mårts can't chicken out. Z and Dats got all the chemistry in the world, Z and Bäckström can make it work too. Mårts wants two scoring lines, stick these two together.
Brodin-E. Karlsson//Its essential to have a right hand shot on the blueline with Bäckström. 1/3 of the plays he make is to a right handed shot. Super competent puck-skills on this pair.

Eriksson-Sedin-Sedin//They got chemistry, you don't want to mess too much with the Sedins. BÅG thought they needed a sniper, that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard/seen. They need someone who goes to the net. I think Alex Steen would be an excellent option for the Sedins, but these three work together so no need to gamble.
A Edler-A Larsson//The Sedins got so many plays that are based on a right handed shot from the blueline. Adam Larsson is really coming into his own this season, and is the only RH shot option we have on the blueline besides Rundblad. I saw AL in a pre-season game, he is looking strong this year. Good size and good shots on this D pairing, all the Sedin needs!

Franzen-Jimmie Ericsson-Landeskog//Strong character checking line. Jimmie will make it work. I am going with him over Patrick Berglund right now...
Grossman-Kronwall//You need a 100% defensive competent blueline, and this pair gives us that.

Hagelin-Lundqvist-Steen//A line that can play a perfect 4th line checking game. Lundqvist ties up the dots on the big ice. Hagelin will harass D's used to the NA ice for sure. Steen is underrated. I don't think its a dumb idea to have centers playing in Europe on the big ice. You need the right plays more than you need ability.
No thanks to Ericsson and Lundqvist, id rather see two of Backlund, Berglund, Kruger or Söderberg.. whoever looks best this fall

Old
09-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Huffman

When is this list of 60 players released? They already sent it to the IOK.

Old
09-23-2013, 02:11 AM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffman View Post
When is this list of 60 players released? They already sent it to the IOK.
Yes, where is it? This list. And who's not on it?? William Karlsson or Hampus Lindholm? Or both? Is Lilja on it? Samuelsson??

Closed Thread