HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes 3 - Habs 1 Tinordi's body is ready

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-22-2013, 01:08 PM
  #226
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.
 
thaivuN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,828
vCash: 187
Seems like I was the only one who liked Diaz last night. I thought he was pretty great defensively. Wasn't Dangerous in the offensive zone, but it's a clear cut improvement over his first terrible pre-season game performance.

thaivuN is online now  
Old
09-22-2013, 01:10 PM
  #227
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan
 
Habs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Not freaking out about this, I think it's dumb because fans do the same freaking thing every year. Komi, Higgins, PK, Gorges, now Tinordi, heard Galchenyuk's name thrown around too...always, a new name.

But what is ridiculous is saying Tinordi is on another level and has shown more maturity off the ice than PK.
I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that captaincy is not about skill to think that your most skillful player should be captain is what I find ridiculous. Teams only do that when they suck and get a superstar like ovie and Sid the kid. Subban was never a captain of any team, Tintin was captain or carried the A(in hamilton as a rookie!!)of every team he's played on. Again I'm not saying he will be the captain this year or for the next 5 but I think he will eventually be, he's captain material subban to me is not.

No need to get mad they are opinions. I also wouldn't mind seeing gorges as a captain.

P.S: Subban is my favorite player by the way so don't think this is hating on him or anything because it absolutely is not. I will defend subban in any argument but not this one.

Habs88 is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 01:17 PM
  #228
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Why in God's name is anybody talking about Tinordi as a future captain?? W.T.F is wrong with this fanbase. Can't you fans freaking control your stupid emotions and excitement about a player. Jesus Christ it's lame and pathetic.

What's even more pathetic is you think that because PK is hated by the opposition it somehow discredits his Captain potential. Is Crosby liked? He's forever been labeled as a whiny diver. Chara? The big tall freak show that almost destroyed MaxPac's face? Yea, I'm sure he's just LOVED by his opponents. What about Ovechkin?? The lovable Russian that will take your head off, score a goal and showboat in your goalie's face right after. Yup, All adored Captains..
Captains have to be liked by opponents now?? Since when is that a requirement??
Captain's aren't always respected. Their skills is. Not every Captain is Sakic, Yzerman or Lemieux.
You think they don't respect PK's skill?? Well if they didn't, they certainly will now with his Norris.

You say he's annoying about his ''PK for Captain'', well you just countered by saying a freaking ROOKIE is on another level than PK for off-ice maturity. That's right. You actually spewed this freaking crap out. Please, share with us. What do you base this on?
When has PK been in controversial situations OFF ICE? When has he done anything bad? Who has a better off season training? Who's more professional than him? Based on what??

Gorges should be traded, not given the ''C''. We need a bigger and more aggressive version of Gorges, if Tinordi becomes that, great, but he's nowhere near that yet. We should be looking to improve him. He also demonstrated his smarts when he was opening his big mouth during the lockout, and actually dissed Hamrlik because the man wanted to play hockey. Screw him, he's a twit.
Tinordi has A LOT to prove before even being mentioned in the same sentence.

You can hate on PK all you want, but saying Tinordi is on another level in terms of off-ice maturity is nothing more than crap straight out of your nasty whole.
So spare us this BS.
1) Sunday is suppose to be the day you skip work, not your meds...

2) I really didn't think I had to write captain "potential", next to Tinordi who's 21 years old, so I'll try to be more specific next time for your dumb ass..

3) What do I base this on?? Oh how about the fact has either been a captain or at the very least a leader at every level he's ever played? Even Harrington who while interviewed during the WJC praised Tinordi even a year after he left London, and said that if he brought some kind of leadership to team Canada, that it was because he tried to follow in Tinordi's footsteps.

4) what is with his hate on P.K??!! There's no hate whatsoever, he's our #1 D, that doesn't make him a captain, he plays just as Guy Lafleur played his, plain and simple.

Got that?

Maxpac is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 01:22 PM
  #229
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan
 
Habs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
1) Sunday is suppose to be the day you skip work, not your meds...

2) I really didn't think I had to write captain "potential", next to Tinordi who's 21 years old, so I'll try to be more specific next time for your dumb ass..

3) What do I base this on?? Oh how about the fact has either been a captain or at the very least a leader at every level he's ever played? Even Harrington who while interviewed during the WJC praised Tinordi even a year after he left London, and said that if he brought some kind of leadership to team Canada, that it was because he tried to follow in Tinordi's footsteps.

4) what is with his hate on P.K??!! There's no hate whatsoever, he's our #1 D, that doesn't make him a captain, he plays just as Guy Lafleur played his, plain and simple.

Got that?

Wow forgot about harrington that's right.

Habs88 is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 01:28 PM
  #230
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
1) Sunday is suppose to be the day you skip work, not your meds...

2) I really didn't think I had to write captain "potential", next to Tinordi who's 21 years old, so I'll try to be more specific next time for your dumb ass..

3) What do I base this on?? Oh how about the fact has either been a captain or at the very least a leader at every level he's ever played? Even Harrington who while interviewed during the WJC praised Tinordi even a year after he left London, and said that if he brought some kind of leadership to team Canada, that it was because he tried to follow in Tinordi's footsteps.

4) what is with his hate on P.K??!! There's no hate whatsoever, he's our #1 D, that doesn't make him a captain, he plays just as Guy Lafleur played his, plain and simple.

Got that?
1) Hihi.
2) You didn't.
3) Euhh, so? All I'm hearing is Tinordi. Do you know anything about PK? Or is it because you heard someone praise Tinordi that you're ready to see he would be a better Captain than PK? That's he's on another level?
4) Claiming Gorges and a rookie are on another level than him in terms of off ice maturity is hating whether you want to admit it or not.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 01:33 PM
  #231
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that captaincy is not about skill to think that your most skillful player should be captain is what I find ridiculous. Teams only do that when they suck and get a superstar like ovie and Sid the kid. Subban was never a captain of any team, Tintin was captain or carried the A(in hamilton as a rookie!!)of every team he's played on. Again I'm not saying he will be the captain this year or for the next 5 but I think he will eventually be, he's captain material subban to me is not.

No need to get mad they are opinions. I also wouldn't mind seeing gorges as a captain.

P.S: Subban is my favorite player by the way so don't think this is hating on him or anything because it absolutely is not. I will defend subban in any argument but not this one.
I think it's absolutely retarded to believe PK isn't Captain material because he wasn't one before.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 01:42 PM
  #232
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
4) Claiming Gorges and a rookie are on another level than him in terms of off ice maturity is hating whether you want to admit it or not.
No it is not.

The thing that I hate is how people throw the terms "hate and hater" around with the sole purpose of attacking another person's credibility. The truth is that the real reason this term is used is because the accuser can't construct a logical argument to counter the premise being offered by their counterpart.

Estimated_Prophet is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 01:45 PM
  #233
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
1) Hihi.
2) You didn't.
3) Euhh, so? All I'm hearing is Tinordi. Do you know anything about PK? Or is it because you heard someone praise Tinordi that you're ready to see he would be a better Captain than PK? That's he's on another level?
4) Claiming Gorges and a rookie are on another level than him in terms of off ice maturity is hating whether you want to admit it or not.
You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear, I'm out..

Maxpac is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 01:52 PM
  #234
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathronas View Post
The lack of patience on this forum always astound me. Are we so pressed up for a puck mover that we can't wait a year or two for Beaulieu's development?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Whitesnake. He's 20 years old for God's sakes. He played 6 games with the big team last year. He led an awful team in the AHL in points, as a defensemen. No, there is definitely no breath of fresh air needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
What do you mean by "same timeframe"? Those 2 guys aren't on the same time frame at all. Beaulieu has 2 years on his ELC while Leblanc needs to be re-signed next summer. That's the only measure of time that matters for those 2 guys.
Not sure what you guys don't get. IF there's continuous improvement in his game, I can wait 5 years if you want me to. But if there are no progression or development in his game, yes, he will be on the trade front. Surely based on what they could find as a lack of develpment. Surely based on the fact that he's not your perfect angel off-ice (we did get rid of an incredibly disruptive guy for less than what Beaulieu was said to have done...), and based on the evaluation that he could be passed over by some other guys.

Beaulieu was a favorite of mine in his draft year. Was ecstatic to see him drop. And I'm willing to give the time he needs but he needs to show progressive improvement. If he does, fine. No problem with me. But if he doesn't, he could be a really interesting asset to deal if they fill that others could fill his spot and if he could give us something we don't have.

So by the same "timeframe" for me is that Leblanc needs to bring it or else. Same with Beaulieu. Beaulieu doesn't bring it this year and he's in play or that's what I think. And no matter how you look at it, a 1st rounder like him with his talent, it has to be expected that you don't play him 3 full years in the AHL. Next year, he'll have to be a serious candidate to make this team. And this, is all about how he's progressing this year. Hence the "same timeframe". Both players needs to bring it. Beaulieu will get a whole lot of challenges from different players this year and surely Mac Bennett next year. Should have the advantage over Bennett though or so it has to 'cause if not, it will again show a lack of development. But Nygren and Dietz on the same draft year, their development will also be scrutinized pretty heavily.


Last edited by Whitesnake: 09-22-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Whitesnake is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 01:55 PM
  #235
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear, I'm out..
Tinordi is ahead of Subban when it comes to leadership, and I don't think Subban is captain material. He has a hot head, and we've seen him off his game (ottawa) and how he can behave at the wrong time. throughout the season he will take bad penalties and gets excited easily.

You will never see that from tinordi.

Nedved is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 02:14 PM
  #236
jedimyrmidon
Registered User
 
jedimyrmidon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
So by the same "timeframe" for me is that Leblanc needs to bring it or else. Same with Beaulieu. Beaulieu doesn't bring it this year and he's in play or that's what I think. And no matter how you look at it, a 1st rounder like him with his talent, it has to be expected that you don't play him 3 full years in the AHL. Next year, he'll have to be a serious candidate to make this team. And this, is all about how he's progressing this year. Hence the "same timeframe".
You put Leblanc and Beaulieu in the same timeframe, i.e., show me that you're NHL ready this year or else?

Seems kind of screwy to have a forward drafted in 2009 and a defenseman drafted in 2011 have the same deadline for development? Yes, yes, we all know you want to see progression, but what is not clear is the level of progress that is acceptable and whether or not that acceptable level of progress might on the subjective side of things.

jedimyrmidon is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 02:27 PM
  #237
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
You put Leblanc and Beaulieu in the same timeframe, i.e., show me that you're NHL ready this year or else?

Seems kind of screwy to have a forward drafted in 2009 and a defenseman drafted in 2011 have the same deadline for development? Yes, yes, we all know you want to see progression, but what is not clear is the level of progress that is acceptable and whether or not that acceptable level of progress might on the subjective side of things.
Leblanc was drafted in 2009 as a 1st rounder and even at that time, he was penciled as a possible 3rd liner. Beaulieu was drafted in 2011 and was penciled as a top 2 d-man. Expectations aren't the same. In 2010, most great picks d-men that were picked 1st and 2nd round, are in the NHL or are about to make their debut this year. In 2011, most D's picked before NB have already some NHL experience. Some D's picked after with same type of talent will be heavily scrutinized. From Harrington to Ouellet to Klefbom. But not that long ago, Beaulieu was seen as a faller. A guy with just as much talent as some that were picked before him and just happened to fall. Again, still believe that expectations are quite high. And if he is still a defensive liability this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him being gone or in a trade involving something interesting for us in return.

Level of progression needs to be offensively but clearly defensively. From I saw in all the camps I,ve seen this year, he was all over the place defensively. Was not always disastrous but cleary not reassuring. Can he improve as his career progresses? Of course. Just like tons of players who happens to be late bloomers and flourish elsewhere. Does that stop teams for moving players "just in case"? Of course not. But clearly, they will need to be absolutely sure that in a period where Markov's best is behind him and might not even be with us next year, that either Beaulieu is indeed ready to take charge or that somebody else will.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 02:35 PM
  #238
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,698
vCash: 500
I got to say that I wasn't too sure about the Tinordi pick. But he's looking more and more like the Komisarek that dominated in Montreal.

I never **** on the pick, but I just had my doubts. He's doing very well in pre-season. I happy about it

Belso is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 02:39 PM
  #239
StellerEller
Canada's Team
 
StellerEller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,010
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
I got to say that I wasn't too sure about the Tinordi pick. But he's looking more and more like the Komisarek that dominated in Montreal.

I never **** on the pick, but I just had my doubts. He's doing very well in pre-season. I happy about it
He has much better hands, skating, and intangibles than komi. But you're right, having a physical beast on our blueline is going to be exciting to watch

StellerEller is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 02:43 PM
  #240
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,345
vCash: 500
Subban for captain? Gorges should be traded?

This board, sometimes...

LeMAD is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 02:47 PM
  #241
charlie
Registered User
 
charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,261
vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
I got to say that I wasn't too sure about the Tinordi pick. But he's looking more and more like the Komisarek that dominated in Montreal.

I never **** on the pick, but I just had my doubts. He's doing very well in pre-season. I happy about it
tinordi can fight big difference.

charlie is online now  
Old
09-22-2013, 02:47 PM
  #242
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan
 
Habs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I think it's absolutely retarded to believe PK isn't Captain material because he wasn't one before.
I'm not saying pk isn't captain material because he was never one before, I'm saying he's not captain material because he's a hot head on the ice who talks a lot of smack that IS NOT captain material I'm sorry. I love him and his talent backs up his attitude don't get me wrong but that is not who I want as our future captain. Off ice attitude matters when it comes to being captain but ON ICE is what matters most, and subban isn't always level headed on the ice.

We are all saying tinordi CAN eventuallyyy be a captain. Moreso than subban

Habs88 is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 02:58 PM
  #243
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,463
vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Subban for captain? Gorges should be traded?

This board, sometimes...
Subban is handling himself like a captain, care to elaborate why you think its a bad idea?

Subban will get the C along with a big contract, no need for a stop-gap captain who will serve only a few years.

Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 03:06 PM
  #244
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 14,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Gaston Therrien : No place for Tinordi on the left side! We have Markov-Gorges-Bouillon-Murray ready to start the year!
I'm glad I have switched from Videotron to Bell


More Habs games on TSN Habs

McSorleyStick is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 03:14 PM
  #245
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Subban is handling himself like a captain, care to elaborate why you think its a bad idea?

Subban will get the C along with a big contract, no need for a stop-gap captain who will serve only a few years.
Well I'm not in the room, but Subban still looks immature, and most of all looks like he has a big ego.

And up until recently, there were still comments from his teammates that he was more interested in doing promotional stuff than to train with the team.

I'm not of fan of young captains either. I'd much rather have a guy like Gionta that has a lot of experience, that has played and win elsewhere. A calming presence in the room whether things are going well or not.

LeMAD is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 03:21 PM
  #246
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
I think the whole captain thing is a little over-glorified and romanticized by the fans. So x player isn't a captain or is a captain, who ****ing cares.

Also lol at the "tinordi for captain" pomp-pomp team. Talk about jumping the gun here. Remember the Higgins and Komisarek for captain days?

Andy is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 03:22 PM
  #247
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,069
vCash: 500
I'm really glad Tinordi didn't just stop hitting after the Gleason message. He paid the toll for hitting Staal, and kept on playing his way. Very impressive for a young guy.

le_sean is online now  
Old
09-22-2013, 03:22 PM
  #248
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,644
vCash: 500
Oh hey look, more coded language about Subban.

Et le But is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 03:55 PM
  #249
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Level of progression needs to be offensively but clearly defensively. From I saw in all the camps I,ve seen this year, he was all over the place defensively. Was not always disastrous but cleary not reassuring.
I don't agree at all. Rookie camp was a walk in the park for Beaulieu, and training camp didn't last very long for him unfortunately. He was the best on the ice along with Tinordi- ahead of Pateryn- head and shoulders over Dietz/Ellis/Thrower. He'd be getting a good look just like Tinordi had he not gone down. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree... clearly we don't see the same player. Beaulieu is our best player in Hamilton this season, and will see time with the Canadiens.

Beaker is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 03:57 PM
  #250
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
I don't agree at all. Rookie camp was a walk in the park for Beaulieu, and training camp didn't last very long for him unfortunately. He was the best on the ice along with Tinordi- ahead of Pateryn- head and shoulders over Dietz/Ellis/Thrower. He'd be getting a good look just like Tinordi had he not gone down. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree... clearly we don't see the same player. Beaulieu is our best player in Hamilton this season, and will see time with the Canadiens.
We surely agree to disagree...walk in the park at rookie camp? Absolutely not for me. At best he was okay. Yes you saw his skating stride....but you didn't see poise in his game. Saw tons of turnovers again. And bad reads. But anyway, for him, it's not about what we saw, it's about what we will see. Let's hope for the best.

Whitesnake is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.