HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Cuts (28th: Dumont clears waivers)

Old
09-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Collberg is going to Sweden. He said it's Montreal, or Sweden.

Boston and Columbus might be the teams interested in Tokarski. Though, Svedberg was the AHL goalie of the year.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Collberg is going to Sweden. He said it's Montreal, or Sweden.

Boston and Columbus might be the teams interested in Tokarski. Though, Svedberg was the AHL goalie of the year.
Pittsburgh? With Vokoun's injury they are without a backup.

Playoff Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Assuming Tokarski has to clear waivers, I will not be a happy camper if we lose him.

I can definitely see a few teams being interested.

09-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoff Beard View Post
Pittsburgh? With Vokoun's injury they are without a backup.
They have Eric Hartzell, or whatever his name is that they signed last season from College.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 01:53 PM
JohnLennon

Does Tokarski actually have to clear waivers? This is the first I've heard of this...

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Happy that Holland might get another look. I've liked what I've seen from him so far.

Good start by McCarron. Still early, but for a first camp, I am impressed.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
@CanadiensMTL:
3 players released from camp today: Sebastian Collberg (Frolunda, Sweden), Michael McCarron (London, OHL), Dustin Tokarski (Hamilton).
They had to cut Tokarski because Price needs more ice time

Chill everyone, it's only preseason.

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I hope we keep Tokarski. Hamilton without Tokarski is done no matter how great it will look like. Was really great to see McCarron up there. Would have love to see him on a vet offensive line but that will be next year. Next assignement....just learn and do great with the Hunters. For Collberg, we saw flashes but still ways to go. But it's mostly confidence with him.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
@CanadiensMTL:
3 players released from camp today: Sebastian Collberg (Frolunda, Sweden), Michael McCarron (London, OHL), Dustin Tokarski (Hamilton).
mods please update the title.

surprised St-Pierre,Tarnasky are still around.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Simerc

What I saw from Collberg makes me very confident that he will make it to the NHL. He didn't really get the chance to display his ''known'' qualities (shot and offensive acumen), but he has able been able to show that he already thinks the game like a NHLer. He knew where to position himself on the cycle (which I find impressive for a european rookie) and what plays to make, but lacked the strength (and confidence, but that's to be expected) to complete those plays. Add to this the fact that he's not used to the ice size and we can conclude that he had a great camp and a very bright future with the habs.

Here's to hoping that the Dogs will make the playoffs and that Collberg will get to join the team late in the season!

Simerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 02:58 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
mods please update the title.

surprised St-Pierre,Tarnasky are still around.
I could see St-Pierre starting the season with the Habs if Gionta is still injured.

As for Tarnasky...I have no answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simerc View Post
What I saw from Collberg makes me very confident that he will make it to the NHL.
My least favorite Habs prospect. (and by that I mean that my opinion on him is a lot lower than most people in here)

I don't see much of anything in this guy. You never know how a player will develop his game, but I don't see him playing a single regular game in the NHL.

Not enough speed, size, intensity or hands to keep up with the play.

Last edited by LeMAD: 09-22-2013 at 03:03 PM.
LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 03:46 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollah Chowmeini View Post
Don't think he has to?
he does

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Solid. Big Mac obviously needs work, impressive though i'm very happy with him. Collberg isn't there yet either but he's close I think. Tokarski is a no brainer.

So does Bornival make the squad? He's giving MB and MT a tough decision to make.
I would think most Hab fans have to be very happy with what McCarron showed as an 18 year old in his first NHL camp. Collberg I had hoped he would have shown more but just a little before camp it was thought he might miss the start of the season to the knee injury so not sure how healthy he was. Still for a 19 year old that came into camp with 2 games in North America under his belt, he got a good taste of what he needs to work on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Does Tokarski actually have to clear waivers? This is the first I've heard of this...
yes he has to clear waivers.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 03:47 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

oh nvm

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 03:49 PM
25get

So Bluden, Bournival, Dumont, Holland, St-Pierre, Tarnasky and Thomas on offense.
Beaulieu, Dietz, Nygren, Pateryn and Tinordi on defense.
Who else?

Blunden, Dumont, St-Pierre and Tarnasky are waiver eligible?
Do the waiver apply in pre-season?

Besides Tinordi, who has a chance to stay in Montreal?
I think he will travel many times between Montreal and Hamilton.

PK, Markov, Gorges and Murray are most likely in.
With 25 minutes TOI and +1 yesterday, Diaz is probably in. Not physical but he was able to handle himself.
That leaves Bouillon and Tinordi to share the 6th spot.

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 03:53 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
Blunden, Dumont, St-Pierre and Tarnasky are waiver eligible?
Do the waiver apply in pre-season?
Yes, but it's really doubtful any of these guys would get pickup.

Tokarski maybe, if a team has an injured goaltender. But again, really doubtful.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Stopped playing the waiver game since a certain Guardian told me I shouldn't play that game anymore but......how about Tokarski Blind. Any chance he gets picked up? Let's hope not.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Strifee

Has Beaulieu actually played a game yet? Don't remember seeing him on any lineups.

Strifee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 04:12 PM
LyricalLyricist

I haven't seen any NYR games and I haven't gotten a chance to see all our games but seriously, we did we trade kristo for Thomas?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 04:22 PM
yoyo999

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...2013-14-presea

Quote:
The Rangers’ first mark on Alain Vigneault’s clean slate was a 2-1 loss in their preseason opener to the Devils in Newark on Monday night. But young right wing Danny Kristo’s encouraging performance demonstrated exactly why exhibition results aren’t coaches’ primary concern in September.

Kristo recorded the primary assist on Dominic Moore’s third period goal and nearly knotted the game late after earning an opportunity to play during the game’s most critical juncture with his earlier creativity.

“I liked Kristo’s game tonight,” Vigneault said after the game at the Prudential Center. “I thought he showed some real poise and some really good offensive abilities.”
I havn't found any 'Therrien loved Christian Thomas' articles.

yoyo999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I haven't seen any NYR games and I haven't gotten a chance to see all our games but seriously, we did we trade kristo for Thomas?
My guess is that he did something bad that rubbed management the wrong way, considering the premium MB puts on character.

Not saying that I agree - with some Rangers fans pegging him on their lineup we certainly look like the loser in that trade right now - but it's the only explanation I can see.

The only silver lining is that Thomas is younger. But it's not enough for me to not feel meh about the whole thing.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 04:27 PM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
It's a few time these past weeks I have heard reference, from different sources, of Habs trading Kristo because of some not yet fully known " head problems " Kristo had with the Habs. No I don't know what it is but it sure got him traded fast. Maybe that will come out soon.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 04:30 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo999 View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...2013-14-presea

I havn't found any 'Therrien loved Christian Thomas' articles.
pretty sure you can find a few "I liked player X" from any coaxch in the league, considering it's pre-season it doesnt mean much.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Grant McCagg

This is subject to change, but as of right now I'm feeling more optimistic about this year's draft than last year's, with the obvious exceptions of Chucky.

Much too early to panic about Collberg, but I'm seeing some skating issues that weren't as prevalent last season. I really liked him in his draft year, but I did have some scouting friends that had concerns that his lack of size and resultant lack of physical play/competitiveness might be concerns, and I am more apt to agree with them now than I was a year ago. I'm hoping it has more to do with him not yet being in great playing shape after his injury. Scandanavian prospects have a tendency to mature a little later physically...it's pretty apparent he needs to add some muscle and explosiveness, but he's still just 19.

Let's hope he finds that extra half step and plays regularly in Frolunda. He's got good offensive smarts...it's even been noticeable at this camp - knows where to go and sees the ice well. Didn't really get to see the puck skills or shot..but that goes with not being in game shape yet too...there are no concerns with his hands despite what Lemad opined.

Vail looks like he should have been drafted where he was after all, same with Bozon give or take a few spots, and Thrower has been a disappointment for me. I'm not sure any of those three will be NHL regulars, but it's way too early to say that definitively. Right now I'd say Bozon has the best chance of making it. He impressed offensively last season..hopefully he bulks up and starts playing more in the dirty areas and improves defensively. None of those picks look like they were steals at this point, nor do they look like busts.

Hudon saves things in terms of the overall draft depth as he looks like he'll certainly play if his back doesn't deter him, and be a solid contributor in the NHL. By no means do I look at last year's draft as poor....there were teams who wouldn't have taken Galchenyuk third, but the Habs were willing to take the gamble, and really did their homework.

This year's draft however - I think there may be four or five regulars some day, perhaps more. No Chuckys, but I'd say there are certainly more potential NHLers at this point.

Chucky >> McCarron
Hudon > Andrighetto

Lehkonen > Collberg
DLR >> Bozon
Fucale > Thrower
Reway > Vail
Gregoire > Nystrom
Crisp > Nothing

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 04:41 PM
Saintpatrick

I have a feeling that Kristo trade will come back to haunt us.

Saintpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Krnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintpatrick View Post
I have a feeling that Kristo trade will come back to haunt us.
why NYR GM is so good at stealing your prospect ?

Krnage is offline   Reply With Quote