HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013-2014 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
This is not nice, for a second I thought he was gone....
He's gone...he's far from Montreal now...

Old
09-20-2013, 08:33 PM
HCH

Quote:
This is not nice, for a second I thought he was gone....
According to the Hamilton Spectator from one hour ago... Mayer is with the Bulldogs. Looks like Condon and Delmas are bound for the ECHL

Old
09-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
According to the Hamilton Spectator from one hour ago... Mayer is with the Bulldogs. Looks like Condon and Delmas are bound for the ECHL
Wheeling will be getting a Pittsburgh goalie so most likely Condon to Wheeling with the Pitts goalie. And Delmas will be loaned to another team.

Old
09-21-2013, 06:15 AM
Huffman

De la Rose is going to be a good player in the NHL one day. Saw him play the other day and he has really taken big steps, would be really interesting to see him in an offensive role though. He's looking better in the SHL than he did in the second league last season.

Last edited by Huffman: 09-21-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Old
09-21-2013, 08:36 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffman View Post
De la Rose is going to be a good player in the NHL one day. Saw him play the other day and he has really taken big steps, would be really interesting to see him in an offensive role though. He's looking better in the SHL than he did in the second league last season.
Like what? Skating? Offensive sense? Stronger? Better at board battles?

Old
09-21-2013, 10:20 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Watched the Drakkar game last night. Gregoire had a big night, 2 goals and was named 2nd start of the game. Played on what I assume is the top line with Gamelin at center (though Gregoire took a few face-offs and looked good). Gregoire was very involved in the game all night long (miss some of the 3rd) he easily could of had a hatty as he was right there near the puck with an open net but a teammate was closer. He took the body, seems to work hard all night and looked good on the PP.

Overall I have to say I was impressed with Drakkar, I haven't watched them play since Lacasse was there so it's been some time but they impressed me with how they played as a team (granted it was the home opener), they look to be a well coached team so after watching the game I plan on watching them more often. Was a fun game to watch, haven't been watching a lot of Q games since they stopped with the free webcast but this year I hope to see a lot more then usual.

Old
09-21-2013, 10:26 AM
JimboA

JDLR has one assist today after two periods.

Old
09-21-2013, 11:10 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Watched the Drakkar game last night. Gregoire had a big night, 2 goals and was named 2nd start of the game. Played on what I assume is the top line with Gamelin at center (though Gregoire took a few face-offs and looked good). Gregoire was very involved in the game all night long (miss some of the 3rd) he easily could of had a hatty as he was right there near the puck with an open net but a teammate was closer. He took the body, seems to work hard all night and looked good on the PP.

Overall I have to say I was impressed with Drakkar, I haven't watched them play since Lacasse was there so it's been some time but they impressed me with how they played as a team (granted it was the home opener), they look to be a well coached team so after watching the game I plan on watching them more often. Was a fun game to watch, haven't been watching a lot of Q games since they stopped with the free webcast but this year I hope to see a lot more then usual.
Baie-Comeau has one of the best coaches in the league in Veilleux, they are the big pretenders of the President Cup, with Rimouski.

Old
09-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboA View Post
JDLR has one assist today after two periods.
He had the only assist on the goal too so will be interesting to see what he did.

He was on the ice for the other team's two PP goals so perhaps not that good of a game defensively.

Old
09-21-2013, 12:03 PM
SweLeafsFan

His assist was nothing special, the goalie made a big mistake on a shot from far out.

Otherwise an average game by him, didn't stand out in a bad or good way.

Old
09-21-2013, 04:05 PM
NewHabsEra*

Both Poirier and Reway have been blanked yesterday in a 5-0 loss against Val'Dor.. Mantha with 3 goals..

Old
09-21-2013, 07:22 PM
kernkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Both Poirier and Reway have been blanked yesterday in a 5-0 loss against Val'Dor.. Mantha with 3 goals..
and Reway's a healthy scratch tonight...what the hell? Gatineau's supposed to be a force in the Q this season

Old
09-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
and Reway's a healthy scratch tonight...what the hell? Gatineau's supposed to be a force in the Q this season
I guess they want to send a message quick at the beginning of the year....Yet, sucks to hear about that for a guy who was supposed to be a changed man....

Old
09-21-2013, 08:14 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
I guess they want to send a message quick at the beginning of the year....Yet, sucks to hear about that for a guy who was supposed to be a changed man....
Groulx might be a winning coach but he's crazy as hell sometimes.

Old
09-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Groulx might be a winning coach but he's crazy as hell sometimes.
I hope they work with him so he'd become a better player and a better teamate. No need to go the Grabovski route and see him as a "cancer" or whatever but it's better to settle the score right away. Reway did come in as a difficult type of player. And what he did in the bigs, had to be a prett high moment for him so a player with those bad habits not that far behind, it surely caught up to him after such a high. Let's hope the Habs and Groulx work together in this.

Old
09-22-2013, 03:36 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Hudon just scored a beauty off a one timer. Wasn't having the best game, but then he wired one home to tie the game vs Drakkar.

Now Gregoire tries to match him with his own one timer goal. So far it's been another impressive showing from Gregoire as he's been all over the ice and very involved in the game so far. Bringing lots of energy and moving well out there.

Old
09-22-2013, 04:14 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Fucale with 5 goals against on 35 shots so far with 4 minutes left vs Cape Breton.

09-22-2013, 04:56 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Fucale with 5 goals against on 35 shots so far with 4 minutes left vs Cape Breton.
Dang! Good thing we drafted Carey Price the top ranked goalie in the 2013 draft with our 2nd 2nd rounder...wait a sec!

Old
09-22-2013, 06:34 PM
EveryDay
Habs Prospect

Grégoire was name first star of the game with 1G 2A

Old
09-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Groulx is a loose cannon.

I can understand benching somebody for dogging it, but Reway has played ONE game right after coming from NHL camp. Lots of guys have bad games...Bozon has no points after 2 games...it's a letdown and adjustment but a normal part of drafted guys ging back to junior. Benching a guy after one game is crazy.

Old
09-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Groulx is a loose cannon.

I can understand benching somebody for dogging it, but Reway has played ONE game right after coming from NHL camp. Lots of guys have bad games...Bozon has no points after 2 games...it's a letdown and adjustment but a normal part of drafted guys ging back to junior. Benching a guy after one game is crazy.
Seems to me that the benching isn't about points. If not, Groulx is dumb. Which I don't believe he is.

Old
09-22-2013, 11:13 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Groulx' comment about Reway being scratched is that he didn't play the 'Olympiques way' in the 1st game.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:02 AM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Groulx' comment about Reway being scratched is that he didn't play the 'Olympiques way' in the 1st game.
Because sitting on the bench is a player playing the 'Olympiques way'. Not saying I don't get it, more just a criticism of the obtuse nonsense that is most coaching statements on a topic of any interest.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:40 AM
NewHabsEra*

Groulx is the best coach in the Q, he knows what he is doing..

Old
09-23-2013, 03:34 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Hudon just scored a beauty off a one timer. Wasn't having the best game, but then he wired one home to tie the game vs Drakkar.

Now Gregoire tries to match him with his own one timer goal. So far it's been another impressive showing from Gregoire as he's been all over the ice and very involved in the game so far. Bringing lots of energy and moving well out there.
Is it still preseason in the Q or have they started for real?

Still Gregoire just seems to be putting up points. Not bad for a projected 4th liner. I'll take a Talbot lite on my team any day.

Closed Thread