HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where is Chet Pickard for 2013-14

Old
09-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

vCash: 500
The thing that really makes this such a bad pick is that Rinne was starting to become a top 10 goalie when this pick was made and had at least 10 good years ahead of him barring injury. Pickard would not have had a spot as a starter. Certainly no one can predict the future but the draft is supposed to be about predicting the future.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
The thing that really makes this such a bad pick is that Rinne was starting to become a top 10 goalie when this pick was made and had at least 10 good years ahead of him barring injury. Pickard would not have had a spot as a starter. Certainly no one can predict the future but the draft is supposed to be about predicting the future.
Rinne had 3 career NHL games when Pickard was drafted.

When you have one of the best goalie coaches in the world, you need to constantly supply him with talent. Doesn't matter how long Rinne is locked up for, you still need goalies in your system.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

When you have one of the best goalie coaches in the world, you need to constantly supply him with talent. Doesn't matter how long Rinne is locked up for, you still need goalies in your system.

The sad part is the way Pekka plays, any backup only gets 10-15 games total. So that essentially pushes anyone else that Korn grooms out the door due to lack of play. Unless Pekka's playing time is reduced, I see Hellberg gone in the next 2 years.

Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

I thought he had 2 years under his belt that year my bad

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
The sad part is the way Pekka plays, any backup only gets 10-15 games total. So that essentially pushes anyone else that Korn grooms out the door due to lack of play. Unless Pekka's playing time is reduced, I see Hellberg gone in the next 2 years.
I don't see anything wrong with that though. With Lindback, Korn turned a 7th round draft pick into 2 2nds + a 3rd. That's great asset management. I hope we continue to do that with Hellberg and whoever else is next.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 10:14 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
I thought he had 2 years under his belt that year my bad
He had three professional years in North America when the Preds selected Pickard. Two NHL games in 05-06, none in 06-07 (off season injury related), and one game in relief during 07-08. He was viewed as the goalie of the future, but was far from an all world NHL star.

Where I see the issue is that the Preds allowed themselves to see the #1 ranked NA goalie on the board and went for him thinking he was a sure fire pick. Unfortunately, he never developed past a pretty good junior hockey goalie. Shiny object fixation is dangerous.

After the 2008 draft, the Preds took a pause then started restocking the pipeline again in 2011. Four goalies selected in the past three drafts ... luckily none in the first round.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 08:32 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Would you trade Taylor Beck and Chet Pickard for Erik Karlsson???
of course but thats not the point... Finley was a wasted pick and we got bupkus...

Pickard was a bust but we did get Beck as a consolation prize... worked out better than when we took a third round pick from anaheim to pass on Lupul for Upshall(essentially traded down although it wasnt announced as that).. that pick amounted to nothing...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:40 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
To answer the original question.

Aaron Sims ‏@aaronadmirals 2m

Former @mkeadmirals Chet Pickard and Greg Zanon in camp with San Antonio.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote