HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

9/22/13 Chicago @ Detroit - 5:00 p.m. highlights post# 243

Old
09-22-2013, 06:36 PM
HTT3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Think we are going to find out he broke Brendan Saad's hand here shortly. That hit in a spot that just cannot be good and with tons of velocity.
I don't want to see any players get hurt. Hope Sadd is okay.

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Flowah
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
We won't.
Maybe injuries will force it.

Sigh. This is the most frustrating part about the team. Seeing all the pieces available and them not being used. "We could win! But we're not going to because screw that."

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 06:37 PM
HTT3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
Goose with 3 points tonight, all primary assists.
Yeah he was a stud.

Old
09-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
Maybe injuries will force it.

Sigh. This is the most frustrating part about the team. Seeing all the pieces available and them not being used. "We could win! But we're not going to because screw that."
/because Cleary

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind View Post
Yeah he was a stud.
***is a stud

Old
09-22-2013, 06:40 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
I don't want to see any players get hurt. Hope Sadd is okay.
I don't either, was just pointing out if that is the case, they won't be thanking Brendan Smith for jack ****. The first two goals had him on ice, but he ties up his man on the first and that is on Glendening. The second one is just bad ice, rolling puck panic mistake by Marchenko, cannot see how either of those are huge Smith hate, but I guess you see what you want to and he is an easy guy to blame right now.

He needs to start moving the puck quicker in his own end, one of the only guys on the Wings that doesn't look for the short pass, he doesn't need to skate with the puck as often as he does while looking for the bigger play, the other team collapses on him in a hurry, knowing that he prefers to look up ice. Even by doing just a couple times of quick shorter passes they will stop doing that to him as often.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Chance on Chance

How much do we think these games actually play into who makes the team opening night

Chance on Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 06:43 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
I'd rather not.
Other guy is right, by the end of the year Marchenko will be 10x more than what Smith could ever be... I would also like to see Almquist in the fold at some point in time during the year as well.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 06:43 PM
Fred Murtz

Jonathan Ericsson goal 4-3 last min of game

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Johnz96*

vCash: 511
Quote:
If you're going to have Marchenko up, you should put him on the right. Smith is better than Quincey. Sorry I realize he is the new whipping boy but much like Ericsson and Kindl people are going to feel pretty silly about that eventually.

Lashoff is of the Lilja and Lebda variety though, bombs away.
Most likely Lilja.
A good 7th with size who is mobile and physical and still has a lot of developing to go.

Johnz96* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 06:45 PM
odin1981

Depends on how much the old washed up's suck or if they get hurt otherwise prepare for tatar on line 4 (hopefully a everyday player too boot), but count on clearly Mr. Useless Cleary dragging down the effectiveness off andersson and nyquist on line 3.

odin1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 06:46 PM
HTT3*

Quote:
I don't either, was just pointing out if that is the case, they won't be thanking Brendan Smith for jack ****. The first two goals had him on ice, but he ties up his man on the first and that is on Glendening. The second one is just bad ice, rolling puck panic mistake by Marchenko, cannot see how either of those are huge Smith hate, but I guess you see what you want to and he is an easy guy to blame right now.

He needs to start moving the puck quicker in his own end, one of the only guys on the Wings that doesn't look for the short pass, he doesn't need to skate with the puck as often as he does while looking for the bigger play, the other team collapses on him in a hurry, knowing that he prefers to look up ice. Even by doing just a couple times of quick shorter passes they will stop doing that to him as often.
Smith was on the ice for 3 goals against. He also took the first penalty in the game. I'm just not sold on Smith, never have been since he went pro. I am really hoping Ouellet is the real deal. I'm not that high on Sproul, either.

Old
09-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Johnz96*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe88 View Post
Wowow!
We almost scored another one at the end.
Great play by Tatar.
He hustles to keep it in made a quick back pass, hustled to a scoring position to accept the return pass, fired a good quick shot that was hard to handle leaving a loose for the guys in front to whack at.
Text book goalie pulled dying seconds hockey.

Old
09-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Other guy is right, by the end of the year Marchenko will be 10x more than what Smith could ever be... I would also like to see Almquist in the fold at some point in time during the year as well.
Is that a Russian bias I am detecting?

I would be ok with Marchenko taking Quincey's spot by the end of the year.

See no reason to bench one of our talented 1st round blue liners

Would have really liked to see Jensen get a look as the RD on the 3rd pair. Stupid Tyler Bertuzzi.

Old
09-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Jurky
#FireHolland

Quote:

According to the Hawks GDT he was back on the bench after taking that shot in the hand.

Also judging by their beat writers twitter he is not injured.

Quote:
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 20s
The Brandon Saad at center experiment is indeed over. For now, at least. Q said it's an option going forward. #Blackhawks
If they're talking about his position without mentioning an injury I think it's fair to assume there is no injury.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin1981 View Post
Depends on how much the old washed up's suck or if they get hurt otherwise prepare for tatar on line 4 (hopefully a everyday player too boot), but count on clearly Mr. Useless Cleary dragging down the effectiveness off andersson and nyquist on line 3.
He's going to drag down the play of whatever line they put him on. It's all he did last year. He kills possession when he is on the ice.

Old
09-22-2013, 06:49 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnz96 View Post
Most likely Lilja.
A good 7th with size who is mobile and physical and still has a lot of developing to go.
His positioning needs to come a long way for me to say Lilja though. He does skate a ton better and his passing is better, but still makes those mind numbing turnovers and when you want to be a defensive D-man the fact that his biggest problem is positioning is a very big deal.

I always thought he would become a solid organizational #8, a guy that wears a C at the AHL level like Nolan Yonkman or Scott Ford. I hope he becomes more, but I just don't think he is all that good, surely he will develop more, but he was outplayed by both Almqvist and Paetsch in Grand Rapids and badly outplayed by Smith and DeKeyser when they were down there. That isn't good and Marchenko, Ouellet and Jensen are near NHL ready or are already so the need to put up with Lashoff just isn't really there in this organization as his upside is very limited.

Old
09-22-2013, 06:50 PM
KJoe88
#Fire Holland

Quote:
Yeah he was a stud.
Changed your mind I see. I thought he needed work still?

KJoe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 06:57 PM
odin1981

Quote:
He's going to drag down the play of whatever line they put him on. It's all he did last year. He kills possession when he is on the ice.
Oh I agree he will black hole any line he is on. But I bet Coach real gud/size queen will put him with andy and nike to start the season and say they can ''learn from him" ala two kids and a goat line.

If helm where healthy I wouldn't mind seeing him on a line with helm + tootoo for like 10-12 mins a game. But if cleary is on any line outside of our 4th (or 3b with helm back) he is gonna do is best to assainate my liver this year.

odin1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 07:01 PM
HTT3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe88 View Post
Changed your mind I see. I thought he needed work still?
He needs muscle, I doubt anyone would deny that. He was a stud tonight, but were they playing against the Toews line, or Hawks prospect/AHL line?

No one denies their skills and he looks really good, I think he will have a bright future, but I'm not sure he's top 6 ready yet. In GR he will get 1st line minutes and will get injury call ups.

Old
09-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Johnz96*

Tatar and Datsyuk have been the best Wings so far in the pre-season.

Old
09-22-2013, 07:03 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
According to the Hawks GDT he was back on the bench after taking that shot in the hand.

Also judging by their beat writers twitter he is not injured.

If they're talking about his position without mentioning an injury I think it's fair to assume there is no injury.
Good news for them, reminded me exactly of how I broke my left hand playing. Pretty much the same spot and the way his fingers all went straight out while dropping the stick along with his reaction. In my case I actually finished the game, iced it and found out the next day I had broke three bones in my hand.

Guessing they had the x-rays though pretty quickly.

Old
09-22-2013, 07:05 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
He needs muscle, I doubt anyone would deny that. He was a stud tonight, but were they playing against the Toews line, or Hawks prospect/AHL line?

No one denies their skills and he looks really good, I think he will have a bright future, but I'm not sure he's top 6 ready yet. In GR he will get 1st line minutes and will get injury call ups.
The guy he beat out on the boards for the last goal was in fact Toews.

Old
09-22-2013, 07:05 PM
Flowah
#FireHolland

Quote:

I deny it all day long. He showed no strength problems last year in the regular season or the playoffs.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 07:06 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:

He has more than enough skill/smarts to compensate for it.