HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ryan McDonagh

Old
09-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Machinehead
#Fakestats

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy09 View Post
Get real. I wouldn't even give up ROR for him, Stastny+ McGinn would be the highest I'd go. Is that enough to get McD ? Probably not, but I'm not giving up Landy, Duchene, MacKinnon or O'Reily for him. McD has gone from underrated to very overrated.
Stastny + McGinn wouldn't get you Girardi, let alone McDonagh.

To get one of the league's best D-men it's gonna require one of the league's best forwards. Like I said, if you're not interested that's fine.

Ben Hutton is my Spirit Animal. Jeff Gorton is not.
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Dactyl*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Get real. I wouldn't even give up ROR for him, Stastny+ McGinn would be the highest I'd go. Is that enough to get McD ? Probably not, but I'm not giving up Landy, Duchene, MacKinnon or O'Reily for him. McD has gone from underrated to very overrated.
mcdonagh is not overrated at all. he deserves the little praise he actually gets around here

Dactyl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 04:01 PM
High And Wide*

I get a feeling a lot of people on this thread have never seen Ryan McDonagh actually play hockey.

High And Wide* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 04:16 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Lol at the RoR > McD comment...

CaptainCally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 04:31 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Well, can see that you only watch one team.

BAHAHAH at your offer.

ROR is poop compared to McD.

And just incase you were wondering, McD is valued for his defense. And his offense actually isn't that much less than ROR's.

This bar is you.

This bar is Fantasyland

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Machinehead
#Fakestats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Well, can see that you only watch one team.

BAHAHAH at your offer.

ROR is poop compared to McD.

And just incase you were wondering, McD is valued for his defense. And his offense actually isn't that much less than ROR's.

This bar is you.

This bar is Fantasyland

Over the past two years, Ryan McDonagh has outscored losers like Duncan Keith, Drew Doughty, Shea Weber, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Dan Boyle, and Zdeno Chara at even strength. Oh and some piece of **** named PK Subban who just won some trophy or something.

Old
09-22-2013, 04:42 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
If you compensated for powerplay time, which McDonagh gets next to none of, they would probably produce the same.

Over the past two years, Ryan McDonagh has outscored losers like Duncan Keith, Drew Doughty, Shea Weber, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Dan Boyle, and Zdeno Chara at even strength. Oh and some piece of **** named PK Subban who just won some trophy or something.
I think he was something like second in the NHL last year for D-Men even strength points.

I don't even care about that, even if he had 0 points, he is still worth more than ROR. The guy is a top pairing shutdown d-man at the age of 23.

Old
09-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Dutchy09*

Quote:
Stastny + McGinn wouldn't get you Girardi, let alone McDonagh.

To get one of the league's best D-men it's gonna require one of the league's best forwards. Like I said, if you're not interested that's fine.
Stastny for Girardi could easily happen.

that is true, however he's not one of the best D-men in the league so that point is irrelevant. He's a very good, solid top pairing Dman, but he doesn't belong anywhere near the Charas', Karlssons', Webers',etc of the league.
I find it extremely comical that people think McD >>> ROR, as they've clearly never watched an Avalanche game in the past 2 years. Don't bother chiming in that you have.

Dutchy09* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Championship*

Quote:

that is true, however he's not one of the best D-men in the league so that point is irrelevant. He's a very good, solid top pairing Dman, but he doesn't belong anywhere near the Charas', Karlssons', Webers',etc of the league.
I find it extremely comical that people think McD >>> ROR, as they've clearly never watched an Avalanche game in the past 2 years. Don't bother chiming in that you have.
Not a chance in hell but thanks for playing.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Dutchy09*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Not a chance in hell but thanks for playing.
You have no idea whether or not a Stastny for Girardi deal could happen, stop talking in absolutes.

Old
09-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Machinehead
#Fakestats

Quote:

But McDonagh really is one of the best D-men in the league. He's easily top 10 defensively and offensively I showed you the list of guys he's outproducing.

Considering that the Avs are parched for defense I find it baffling that you wouldn't flip ROR for McDonagh. I guess you feel the 10 more points ROR puts up as a forward is really worth it.

Old
09-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Dutchy09*

Quote:
But McDonagh really is one of the best D-men in the league. He's easily top 10 defensively and offensively I showed you the list of guys he's outproducing.

Considering that the Avs are parched for defense I find it baffling that you wouldn't flip ROR for McDonagh. I guess you feel the 10 more points ROR puts up as a forward is really worth it.
That's fine, it's your opinion. I don't consider McDonagh a top 10, or even a top 15 Dman. I wouldn't want to flip him no as he's going to have a huge breakout season IMO and will get back more then McD should we trade him.

Old
09-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Championship*

Quote:
You have no idea whether or not a Stastny for Girardi deal could happen, stop talking in absolutes.
I do, because the Rangers would never do that trade in a million years. Pretty easy to see if you're smart.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 05:43 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
It wouldn't, because the Rangers need Girardi way more then Stastny.

Rangers Center Depth

Stepan
Richards
Brassard
Moore
Boyle

Rangers Right handed D-Men

Girardi
Stralman
...That's it.

So yes, will never happen. I know that for a fact.

I also know, he would never ever work in their cap structure.

So just another reason, would never happen.

Thanks for playing.

Old
09-22-2013, 06:06 PM
jaywills1020

Quote:
That's fine, it's your opinion. I don't consider McDonagh a top 10, or even a top 15 Dman. I wouldn't want to flip him no as he's going to have a huge breakout season IMO and will get back more then McD should we trade him.
I would like to see the 15 Dmen you consider better then McDonagh.

jaywills1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Weast
Ryan O'Money

I'd totally do Duchene for McD.
Not sure how the rangers are with centers but if I'd have to pick between Duchene, Landeskog or MacKinnon, it would be Duchene

Weast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Lord Flacko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Hedman, OEL, Doughty.....nope.

Subban had a better year last year, but both guys have a long way to go, so still out on that one, although, ATM yes, Subban is probably the better candidate.

AP and EK, fair.
OEL is equal defensively and better offensively.

The other 2 are slightly worse defensively but better offensively.

All 3 are younger.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Machinehead
#Fakestats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
OEL is equal defensively and better offensively.

The other 2 are slightly worse defensively but better offensively.

All 3 are younger.
With Doughty I agree with this. But I think McDonagh is better than Hedman at everything except being tall.

Old
09-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Semyon Says
grocery stick

vCash: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Star status? I don't think so.

Malkin. Crosby. Ovechkin. Stamkos. These are stars. Gabriel will never replicate the type of production those guys regularly put up.

Good player. Will have a terrific career. But star-status? Way to overvalue him. And undervalue the real stars in the league.
I don't believe i said star status of the league. Ladeskog's face is being used to market to our team and that has been lacking for some time. Landeskog is our captian and will be for some time. There is a reason for that. All I'm saying is landeskog++ is ridiculous if you think that is what Mcdonagh is going to return. Obviously out definition of star is different. every team has a star player as far as i'm concerened and landeskog and duchene are duking it out for who is the star of the team.

Semyon Says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 08:12 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy09* View Post
Uh, yes we do as the Rangers need a top pairing RH defenseman more than they do another center.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 09-23-2013 at 08:25 AM.
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 08:26 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy09* View Post

I have and I'll bet ANY amount of money that you want that I've watched more Avalanche hockey in one season than you've watched Rangers hockey in your lifetime.

The fact that you think he doesn't belong anywhere near those guys is more than enough proof for me to make that bet.

While ROR isn't a chump, 1 50 point season from a good, but not GREAT two way player (sorry, he isn't on the Datsyuk, Kesler, M. Richards, Bergeron, Toews level defensively yet) is not as valuable as a guy that's already a legit top-pairing shutdown defender at the age of 23, while being one of the leaders in ES points among defenders in only his 2nd season.

Clearly, you don't watch McDonagh. Quit while you're ahead, dude.

The Amity Affliction is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 08:27 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfansince95 View Post
I don't believe i said star status of the league. Ladeskog's face is being used to market to our team and that has been lacking for some time. Landeskog is our captian and will be for some time. There is a reason for that. All I'm saying is landeskog++ is ridiculous if you think that is what Mcdonagh is going to return. Obviously out definition of star is different. every team has a star player as far as i'm concerened and landeskog and duchene are duking it out for who is the star of the team.
Regardless of what context you want to use the word "star" in, Lando is not there yet.

A good young player? Absolutely. The 2nd coming of Peter Forsberg? No.

I'd still love to have him, I just don't agree with how you can call him a star at this point. It's just not warranted.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Semyon Says
grocery stick

vCash: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Regardless of what context you want to use the word "star" in, Lando is not there yet.

A good young player? Absolutely. The 2nd coming of Peter Forsberg? No.

I'd still love to have him, I just don't agree with how you can call him a star at this point. It's just not warranted.
well truthfully he is the star of our team. not once did I use the word forsberg or even compare him to anyone but matt duchene in terms of star power on our team

Semyon Says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Crabapple

vCash: 398
Eberle? Not saying I would but value wise seems about right.

Crabapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 10:04 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfansince95 View Post
well truthfully he is the star of our team. not once did I use the word forsberg or even compare him to anyone but matt duchene in terms of star power on our team
No, I know you didn't, I've just heard the comparisons before from other Avalanche fans and I don't like those AT ALL, as Foppa is a top-10 all time favorite of mine. Should have specified that the Forsberg comment wasn't towards you, my fault.

However, being the star of a team doesn't mean that he's a "star" in the context that it really means.