HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXVII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Stephpa10

vCash: 500
Kessell reacted like a little girl, at least try to be a man, slashing the guy after he is on the ground tangled with somebody else, what a coward, then he speared him. he should get 2-3 games suspension for being a pussi, i wouldn't want him on our team just because of this, i hate cowards

Old
09-22-2013, 09:16 PM
goalchenyuk

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=pipe42/lates...#pipe42/latest

Old
09-22-2013, 09:17 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I hate the Leafs more than the Bruins but you guys are hilarious....what the heck are you talking about? You'd have no problem to see John Scott wanting to fight with our smaller skilled guys? Based on Orr or McLaren antics? What antics? They are regularly targetting and fighting smallers non-fighters? Close your eyes and remember that if he would have wanted to do it, McLaren would have killed Gorges...he clearly eased up on him. A little logic shouldn't be too hard even when it's about our worst enemies...

I keep talking about ****ing retaliation after hits but now it's even after LEGAL fight. 2 guys go at it, and a Leaf drop a Sabres. Mr. Scott not being happy because his guy lost a legal fight, goes after Kessel?

Now, yes, suspensions should be delivered to Clarkson. It is what it is, no matter the reason, you leave the bench, you are out. Clarkson is dumb, wants to proove his worth, and yet, he won't be able to do it for the first 10 games. How dumb can you be. But Kessel slashes, well fine..give him 1 or 2 preseason games. Scott should get some as well.

Bernier do look pretty good fighting...Burke would have love his truculence.
... Aren't McClaren and Gorges actually friends? (were teammates at some point... I think).

This said, somebody from the Leafs bench HAD to leave. Shouldn't have been an NHL regular though.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
I hate the Leafs more than the Bruins but you guys are hilarious....what the heck are you talking about? You'd have no problem to see John Scott wanting to fight with our smaller skilled guys? Based on Orr or McLaren antics? What antics? They are regularly targetting and fighting smallers non-fighters? Close your eyes and remember that if he would have wanted to do it, McLaren would have killed Gorges...he clearly eased up on him. A little logic shouldn't be too hard even when it's about our worst enemies...

I keep talking about ****ing retaliation after hits but now it's even after LEGAL fight. 2 guys go at it, and a Leaf drop a Sabres. Mr. Scott not being happy because his guy lost a legal fight, goes after Kessel?

Now, yes, suspensions should be delivered to Clarkson. It is what it is, no matter the reason, you leave the bench, you are out. Clarkson is dumb, wants to proove his worth, and yet, he won't be able to do it for the first 10 games. How dumb can you be. But Kessel slashes, well fine..give him 1 or 2 preseason games. Scott should get some as well.

Even though what you said is true, there's nothing really wrong with what Scott did. According to the rules, anyways. From an ethical stand point what he did was a ***** move.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Kessel slash = Semin slaps.

Little girl.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:21 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Kessel slash = Semin slaps.

Little girl.
Ok tough guy. I'll call the habs and tell them to dump Parros cause you'll take care of Scott and anyone else.

Old
MrNasty

Well Clarkson has automatically been suspended 10 games. Kessel should get a few. I think it is cowardly for Scott to go after Kessel and I don't blame Kessel for the 1st 2-hander slash. The second one when two other guys are on Scott and the spear when he is tangled with Clarkson are suspension worthy.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephpa10 View Post
Kessell reacted like a little girl, at least try to be a man, slashing the guy after he is on the ground tangled with somebody else, what a coward, then he speared him. he should get 2-3 games suspension for being a pussi, i wouldn't want him on our team just because of this, i hate cowards
This is freakin John Scott we,re talking about. When another Sabres more of his size got to him and fought him, Kessel fought back and did pretty good for himself. So easy to call players ******* when they are facing a nutcase who is almost 1 feet taller than him....

Old
09-22-2013, 09:22 PM
habsrule22

Didn t Orr go after some our smaller guys last year

Old
09-22-2013, 09:26 PM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
Actually, I hate this sort of stuff, think it shouldn't be part of the game of hockey and find it utterly unfair to certain players (yes, unfair). BUT the Leafs like to initiate this sort of stuff against the Habs with Orr and McLaren so I feel very little sympathy for them. In fact, what Scott did was part of the Leafs' game against smaller teams like the Habs. They blow out the Habs then proceed to goon it up just to rub it in.

Also, you're grateful that McLaren eased up on Gorges? Well, fine. But that whole brawl started after Colton Orr nearly took out Pleks with a knee-on-knee who then sucker punched Bourque who was subsequently out with a concussion. If the Habs had it their way, the Leafs and Habs would play hockey without any antics and no fighting, but other teams like to take advantage or provoke things. Seriously, when did the Habs ever goon it up, provoking the other team to respond?

Last edited by jedimyrmidon: 09-22-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old
09-22-2013, 09:28 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
gionta or plek can't remember who.

but don't bother pointing this out to leafs fans, fighting is the only moral victories they get these days, i mean years, i mean decades, i mean generations...

Old
09-22-2013, 09:29 PM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 13362
Quote:
He sucker punched Bourque after missing an open ice hit against Pleky, but it didn't look anything like what happened tonight.

Next meeting between Leafs and Sabres will be a 2 games in 2 nights in November. Clearly, we're not done here.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:30 PM
Rosso Scuderia

The first slash, I "kinda" understand it because it was probably his only way to defend himself.. but that 2nd slash while Scott got jumped by someone else was pretty cheap. Suspension incoming.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
He did fight Bouillon 5 years ago

Old
09-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
Actually, I hate this sort of stuff, think it shouldn't be part of the game of hockey and find it utterly unfair to certain players (yes, unfair). BUT the Leafs like to initiate this sort of stuff against the Habs with Orr and McLaren so I feel very little sympathy for them. In fact, what Scott did was part of their game, which is not the same for the Habs.

Also, you're grateful that McLaren eased up on Gorges? Well, fine. But that whole brawl started after Colton Orr nearly took out Pleks with a knee-on-knee who then sucker punched Bourque who was subsequently out with a concussion.
But Scott didn't retaliate for what Orr did to Pleks did he? So in the context of tonight's game it was uncalled for and totally stupid. Sympathy? No, of course not, who cares about the rest of the league. Still, it doesn't make what Scott did acceptable. 'Cause that way, everything becomes subjective and I can tell you that some people will find what Orr did to Pleks totally acceptable based on the fact that Pleks grabbed Orr stick prior and threw it in the Habs zone.....or that Bourque deserved it 'cause he went towards Orr and he "defended" himself.....And if players attack Gallagher, it's because he has a big mouth...or Subban etc....The day we start trying to rationalize why a stupid move might be acceptable, this is where it will never stop and get uglier.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:33 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
Kessel better get his ass suspended.

What a little *****.

Old
habsrule22

Quote:

lets see it was a leaf home game so Carlyle would do his line up last Why he didn t he have one of his knuckleheads in the line up when he saw that Scott was in the line up is all on him. then when the incident occurred the face off was at the blue line so why put out kessel across from Scott is just stupid Isn t Carlyle a big backer of intimidation He really screwed up on this one

Old
Rosso Scuderia

It's pretty Clarkson jumped off the bench.

Bissonette just got 10 games for doing the same so I guess we won't see him for first game of the season, same for Kessel.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:34 PM
shutehinside

It was a total dick move for Scott to go after Kessel. That being said, what Kessel did with his stick work was ridiculous. Constant slashing and spearing before during and after was a joke. I can tell you that sparks are going to fly next time those two teams meet. I'd actually look forward to watching a game where I know Kessel is going to be hunted like a wild animal.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:35 PM
HatTricK09

You guys see the PGT they have on the Leafs board?
They titled it "We win 5-3!!! Like the bay street bullies we are! Lead by Kessel!"
The irony

Old
09-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

People calling Kessel a ***** or a coward, loooooooooool. You guys are funny as hell!

Keep it up. I love your knowledge of the game!

Old
09-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
lets see it was a leaf home game so Carlyle would do his line up last Why he didn t he have one of his knuckleheads in the line up when he saw that Scott was in the line up is all on him. then when the incident occurred the face off was at the blue line so why put out kessel across from Scott is just stupid Isn t Carlyle a big backer of intimidation He really screwed up on this one
'Cause Carlyle is actually in the process of evaluation and never thought that Scott would actually attack a star player as you still rarely see something like that. Will he make that "mistake" again...of course not. But no need to try to say that Carlisle is responsible for something the dumb tower did....Geez, guys, don't make me defend this ****ing team.....feeling dirty...

Old
09-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Mrb1p

This was an awesome piece of hockey

As a human though, ... not proud.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
People calling Kessel a ***** or a coward, loooooooooool. You guys are funny as hell!

Keep it up. I love your knowledge of the game!
I'd be ashamed if one of our players acted like Kessel. 2 handing a guy tied up with 2 people and then going back again later while hes tied up with a referee and spearing him.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
It was a total dick move for Scott to go after Kessel. That being said, what Kessel did with his stick work was ridiculous. Constant slashing and spearing before during and after was a joke. I can tell you that sparks are going to fly next time those two teams meet. I'd actually look forward to watching a game where I know Kessel is going to be hunted like a wild animal.
Let just say that when he came back when Scott was with Clarkson, that was really stupid. But the first slashes, put it on emotion of a guy who saw a big 6'9' guy throwing punches at you....

Closed Thread