HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes 3 - Habs 1 Tinordi's body is ready

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Narbo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Yes.

Subban would be my next captain.
PK is too polarizing in the dressing room, imho, but other than that he has all the qualities you'd look for.

Jarred on the other hand always had the leadership thing down, much like his father.

Old
09-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narbo View Post
PK is too polarizing in the dressing room, imho, but other than that he has all the qualities you'd look for.

Jarred on the other hand always had the leadership thing down, much like his father.
You have access to the locker room?

Old
09-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Timelord
Stanley Cup polisher

So is it gonna be Captain Gallagher?
Captain Subban?
Captain Tinordi?
Captain Plekanec?
Captain Bournival?
Captain Galchenyuk? No, lol, not Captain Galchenyuk!
Captain Gorges?
Captain Eller? ...

Old
09-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Narbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You have access to the locker room?
You're oblivious to his issues with Pleks and Makarov?

Old
09-22-2013, 08:51 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Do enlighten us, sir, about Subban's problems with Plek and Markov.

You will see it's all hearsay or slandering.

Old
09-22-2013, 08:54 PM
Tyson

Born leader is #24. Tinordi was an assistant Captain as a 20 year old in Hamilton.

Old
09-22-2013, 08:58 PM
Narbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Do enlighten us, sir, about Subban's problems with Plek and Markov.

You will see it's all hearsay or slandering.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414754

It's an opinion only. Makarov and Plekanec are an integral part of the Montreal leadership group, and he's had conflict with that group. Desharnais as well.

Those kind of things can be divisive. You either love him or you don't.

If that's slanderous, so be it.

Last edited by Narbo: 09-22-2013 at 09:01 PM. Reason: fixed video link
Old
09-22-2013, 09:00 PM
HatTricK09

vCash: 50
Captain Desharnais
Alternate: Bouillon, Moen

Old
09-22-2013, 09:00 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:

It's an opinion only. Makarov and Plekanec are an integral part of the Montreal leadership group, and he's had conflict with that group. Desharnais as well.

Ah yes. The famous "let's not talk about a player that's not here while we are supposed to focus on the game that's gonna be played tonight", that is seen as a Persona Non Grata, eh?

It's stupid.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

Seriously..that's your basis?

Toews admittedly said in front of a huge crowd that Kane and him get into huge verbal disagreements where teammates have to hold them back. It doesn't happen behind closed doors, it happens on the bench, during games.
But PK is public enemy #1, so people overreach in order to make him look bad. It's lame.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Narbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Seriously..that's your basis?

Toews admittedly said in front of a huge crowd that Kane and him get into huge verbal disagreements where teammates have to hold them back. It doesn't happen behind closed doors, it happens on the bench, during games.
But PK is public enemy #1, so people overreach in order to make him look bad. It's lame.
Just for the record, I'm a PK fan and I think he'll be better than Chelios and he'll bring a cup to Montreal.

All I'm saying is he is reported to some have friction with his teammates, not by me, but by those who report on the team. Management is also working "with" PK as well on things none of us are privy too. This isn't new, and there are many sources saying the same thing.

You wanted examples, I gave you some.

Maybe you can enlighten me on how PK is actually perceived by his team, management and the league and why I'm so off base.

Old
09-22-2013, 10:17 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Just for the record, I'm a PK fan and I think he'll be better than Chelios and he'll bring a cup to Montreal.

All I'm saying is he is reported to some have friction with his teammates, not by me, but by those who report on the team. Management is also working "with" PK as well on things none of us are privy too. This isn't new, and there are many sources saying the same thing.

Maybe you can enlighten me on how PK is actually perceived by his team, management and the league and why I'm so off base.
Except that these weren't "examples". There were merely news report projecting beliefs on events. These beliefs are the byproduct of the initial rascist/enthusiastist attitude adopted against Subban early in his career, when people kept saying stuff like "he's unreliable" and "he's hated by his teammates" without any real argument.

Old
09-22-2013, 10:28 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:

You mean the sensationalist quebec media and ontario based media, designed and outrightly biased against the Canadiens? Take it with a grain of salt. I like the fact that 24CH showed that PK is well-liked by his teammates. He certainly is someone who gets under peoples skin on the ice, even in practice, but he is not a cancer at all. I firmly believe that.

Old
09-22-2013, 10:34 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:

Media seems to exaggerate to the negative side when it comes to Subban. He was slandered as greedy/wanting a lot of money yet ended up signing one of the biggest bargain bridge deals in recent history.

Old
09-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Noob616

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
You mean the sensationalist quebec media and ontario based media, designed and outrightly biased against the Canadiens? Take it with a grain of salt. I like the fact that 24CH showed that PK is well-liked by his teammates. He certainly is someone who gets under peoples skin on the ice, even in practice, but he is not a cancer at all. I firmly believe that.
Not to mention that players on a team getting in a spat during a high intensity drill while in the midst of a complete gongshow of a season isn't really something new and unique to Subban.

Old
09-22-2013, 11:15 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

I asked for proof, not examples. I could do the same thing you know. Hey, Markov got into some conflict with Price and PK. I guess he's not that well liked after all.
Toews and Kane go at it pretty regularly, these guys can't work together!
Getting the point?

Ever since PK has been in this league he's been labeled and viewed as this problem kid. It went to the point where people were listening to Mike Richards, ya, Mike freaking Richards, you know, the guy that loves to throw his elbows around and take the head off people, about how PK should tone it down.
Media ate that garbage up so easily. They keep eating and spewing out BS about PK, trying to make stories where there aren't any. You fell right for it. Proof that their sensationalism reporting actually works on fans.

How is he perceived in the locker room? I don't know. What I can tell you is that everybody and anybody that has to spend around 7-8 months with the same guys, everyday, in a competitive sport, will get annoyed with someone at some point. It's nothing personal, it's not about lacking leadership, being selfish, or any other BS reason media can spit out. It's just freaking normal.

But if you want some insight, I suggest you watch 24CH. PK certainly doesn't appear to be this problematic or split teammate many seem to believe he is.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:49 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

I have no idea why debate just can't be civil. How hard is it?

Tinordi was talked of being a future captain and Captain Material years ago. Jeez, I could tell by his interviews last year in Hamilton he was captain material. Dude seems to be a captain everywhere he goes. It was pretty well advertised.

People flip out when you make a prediction a few years down the road even when it's based on some pretty reasonable data. Why do people have to be dumb or insane for that reason. People need to get a grip.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:58 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Yeah, while incredibly premature, I don't understand any resistance to his suitability as potential captain material. Captained his youth team, the US U-18s, and London, and certainly has the demeanor and presence.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:12 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
this escalated quickly

Old
09-23-2013, 01:13 AM
FormerLurker

Quote:
Quote:
You seriously weaken your argument when you consistently misspell the player's name. Most people would assume that you have no idea what you're talking about, and they'd be right.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:18 AM
Stive Morgan
Habland

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
So is it gonna be Captain Gallagher?
Captain Subban?
Captain Tinordi?
Captain Plekanec?
Captain Bournival?
Captain Galchenyuk? No, lol, not Captain Galchenyuk!
Captain Gorges?
Captain Eller? ...
Gorges? Captain? You're obviously mistaken.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:21 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post
You seriously weaken your argument when you consistently misspell the player's name. Most people would assume that you have no idea what you're talking about, and they'd be right.

I thought Georges was already bad enough.

Now it's MarkArov??

Old
09-23-2013, 01:49 AM
BlackStar

1. It's very foolish to start calling for Tinordi to become the next captain of this team. It's actually embarrassing. Look, I LOVED the pick when he was drafted, even when most/some of you were whining as you usually do. Yet, as good as he's been, it's only pre-season. While I expect him to become a top pairing defensemen for us, can we give him atleast half the season first before any of this nonsense?

The same people calling for Tinordi's future captaincy on this team will be same guys overly criticizing the kid WHEN he doesn't meet their expectations this year or the next.

2. Umm...What in the world makes you guys think that Gionta is done as a Hab after this year? Sure he may not be re-signed, but it's far from certain at this point.

3. If indeed Gionta isn't re-signed, I want Plekanec as the captain of this team. Markov and Gorges are the only other options in my opinion, but Markov is better suited as an assistant captain than a captain, and Gorges while a valuable player on our team, simply isn't an important enough of a player for us for him to become our captain. I most certainly don't want him traded though like Kriss E surprisingly suggested.

Gorges is a good top 4 or top 6 defensemen, problem is, he is often forced as out top 2 defensemen because of injuries and lack of depth, but hopefully, this year or most likely next year; Tinordi and Emelin push Gorges to the third paring (while still maintaining good PK minutes) .

Subban-Tinordi
Markov-Emelin
Beaulieu-Gorges

Last edited by BlackStar: 09-23-2013 at 02:03 AM.
Old
09-23-2013, 02:45 AM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
1. It's very foolish to start calling for Tinordi to become the next captain of this team. It's actually embarrassing. Look, I LOVED the pick when he was drafted, even when most/some of you were whining as you usually do. Yet, as good as he's been, it's only pre-season. While I expect him to become a top pairing defensemen for us, can we give him atleast half the season first before any of this nonsense?

The same people calling for Tinordi's future captaincy on this team will be same guys overly criticizing the kid WHEN he doesn't meet their expectations this year or the next.

2. Umm...What in the world makes you guys think that Gionta is done as a Hab after this year? Sure he may not be re-signed, but it's far from certain at this point.

3. If indeed Gionta isn't re-signed, I want Plekanec as the captain of this team. Markov and Gorges are the only other options in my opinion, but Markov is better suited as an assistant captain than a captain, and Gorges while a valuable player on our team, simply isn't an important enough of a player for us for him to become our captain. I most certainly don't want him traded though like Kriss E surprisingly suggested.

Gorges is a good top 4 or top 6 defensemen, problem is, he is often forced as out top 2 defensemen because of injuries and lack of depth, but hopefully, this year or most likely next year; Tinordi and Emelin push Gorges to the third paring (while still maintaining good PK minutes) .

Subban-Tinordi
Markov-Emelin
Beaulieu-Gorges
I agree with everything you just said. I'm not saying he's a guaranteed future captain just that he has the potential to be, I also think plekanec should be the next captain. Love those 3 pairings

Old
09-23-2013, 03:04 AM
Adriatic

Subban is a great player, a complete stud but no way would I ever let him be the captain of the team. He is too emotional and still has trouble keeping his cool. He is by far our best player but it's easy to see how his personality can annoy the hell out of his teammates. Nothing wrong with that, you can be a great player but just not captain material. I really believe a captain should be more of level headed cool type of personality. It's like Claude Lemieux for example, great player and great playoff performer that any team would have taken...but no way can he captain a team, he annoyed his own teammates almost as much as the opposition. I don't want PK to have to deal with being a captain and get carried away with it like he gets with most things already, let him concentrate on just playing because that's where we need him. The guy is already one of those busy bodies that never shuts up or never stops moving..getting him involved with the captaincy is asking for trouble.

Closed Thread