HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 19.0 - "Allez Montreal" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2013, 05:51 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLTH View Post
Big Question : Who will replace Di Vaio next season? Im very worried.

Lol, Jeremy Menez?
Menez maybe in a few years lol. Maybe Alessandro Matri, if he wants a new challenge at the end of this season in Serie A. Not a big follower of Italian ball, but I don't think there's a high chance of this happening, considering he seems to have some game left in his legs.

So guys, a nice relax day huh?

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 09-21-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old
09-21-2013, 06:19 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Menez maybe in a few years lol. Maybe Alessandro Matri, if he wants a new challenge at the end of this season in Serie A. Not a big follower of Italian ball, but I don't think there's a high chance of this happening, considering he seems to have some game left in his legs.

So guys, a nice relax day huh?
Menez is a Taurus aka money-grabber. If we offer him more $$ than PSG + security (paid house, car) he wouldnt reject. Its not like he is a vital member of his team (in case u dont know he is a winger and can play CF) and they lready have Cavani - Ibra. Pastore - Lavezzi and Lucas Wingers, so he is already their fourth choice (that is if they play with 2 strikers up-front). His NT success is going nowhere nowadays and I doubt he will make the 23-man squad next year. He shouldnt have left Roma, shame he is talented. So why not go for him?? and forget about 34 year old striker who only have 1 more year left in their tank. MDV replacement should be long-term or else this is what we called a vicious circle. For those who dont Menez; he is 26 years old

Matri is the new #9 for Milan. Nuff said

Old
09-21-2013, 06:23 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Menez is a Taurus aka money-grabber. If we offer him more $$ than PSG + security (paid house, car) he wouldnt reject. Its not like he is a vital member of his team (in case u dont know he is a winger and can play CF) and they lready have Cavani - Ibra. Pastore - Lavezzi and Lucas Wingers, so he is already their fourth choice (that is if they play with 2 strikers up-front). His NT success is going nowhere nowadays and I doubt he will make the 23-man squad next year. He shouldnt have left Roma, shame he is talented. So why not go for him?? and forget about 34 year old striker who only have 1 more year left in their tank. MDV replacement should be long-term or else this is what we called a vicious circle. For those who dont Menez; he is 26 years old
Yes I do know Menez But he had a good season last year w/PSG before Lucas arrived mid-season. He then lost his spot, but proved he can play in Europe. As stated before, Joey has money, but he isn't no Abramovich. I can't see Joey offering him a 4.5m Salary (His current wages with PSG) with a Car & a house for free. Seems very un-Saputo like.

Quote:

I don't watch much Serie A, but don't Milan play a 4-3-3 with Niang, El Sharawwy & Balo up front and Kaka, Montolivo and Muntari/De Jong in the midfield?

Edit: WTF Lmao. Paponi retweeting someone suggesting that Schalli should be fired. I'll go with the "He doesn't understand english well enough" approach to explain this lol
http://gyazo.com/18eb2190594e2d27d571d03dfe876054.png

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 09-21-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old
09-21-2013, 06:56 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Yes I do know Menez But he had a good season last year w/PSG before Lucas arrived mid-season. He then lost his spot, but proved he can play in Europe. As stated before, Joey has money, but he isn't no Abramovich. I can't see Joey offering him a 4.5m Salary (His current wages with PSG) with a Car & a house for free. Seems very un-Saputo like.

I don't watch much Serie A, but don't Milan play a 4-3-3 with Niang, El Sharawwy & Balo up front and Kaka, Montolivo and Muntari/De Jong in the midfield?

Edit: WTF Lmao. Paponi retweeting someone suggesting that Schalli should be fired. I'll go with the "He doesn't understand english well enough" approach to explain this lol
http://gyazo.com/18eb2190594e2d27d571d03dfe876054.png
Now Cavani arrived too, which drops him even more. I know u know who he is I was talking to others. Ofc he can play in Europe no need to say that . For his salary I was more thinking of Dempsey salary if he comes he will be a household name , speaking French (and how important it is to some francophone), being young and a forward. That would be the logical thing to do for him rather than moving around in France like a neighborhood hoe. Isnt Saputo worth billions ? Anyway, MLS is in charge of DP salaries iirc.

Milan don’t play with 3 strikers but 2 : El Shaarawy /Robinho & Balo in Serie A , Balo, Matri CL but hey their coach is Allegri you never see the same formation. Im not really sure but I think their midfield consist of Poli, Muntari , Kaka & Monto and De Jong DM rotating Very good squad

Old
09-21-2013, 08:06 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Now Cavani arrived too, which drops him even more. I know u know who he is I was talking to others. Ofc he can play in Europe no need to say that . For his salary I was more thinking of Dempsey salary if he comes he will be a household name , speaking French (and how important it is to some francophone), being young and a forward. That would be the logical thing to do for him rather than moving around in France like a neighborhood hoe. Isnt Saputo worth billions ? Anyway, MLS is in charge of DP salaries iirc.

Milan don’t play with 3 strikers but 2 : El Shaarawy /Robinho & Balo in Serie A , Balo, Matri CL but hey their coach is Allegri you never see the same formation. Im not really sure but I think their midfield consist of Poli, Muntari , Kaka & Monto and De Jong DM rotating Very good squad
Oh ok. Didn't know that about Milan.

As for the "League is in charge for DP salaries", I'm not sure. The MLS seems full of ****. One second they apparantly payed the transfer fee for Dempsey, the next second they say it isn't true. I have no clue what's happening behind closed doors.

I do agree that Menez would be a phenomenal fit (Marketing & On Field product). But realistically thinking, I can't see it happen. Also, Saputo the buisness is worth big big cash. I however don't think Joey is nearly as loaded. I think he can possibly afford a ~2 million salary, but can't see him paying big cash.

Last of all, the big problem as stated before could be the transfer fee. Can't see PSG taking anything less than 15-18 million euros

Quote:
Nick Sabetti ‏@NickSabetti 9m
Expect Impact to field a C team on Tuesday against Heredia. Just to piss off #MLS and have San Jose eliminated. #concacaf #IMFC

Old
09-21-2013, 09:27 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:

He's definitely not a CF. Makeshift 2nd striker maybe. He's a winger and an overrated one at that.

Old
09-22-2013, 12:19 AM
JunglePete

Quote:
Last of all, the big problem as stated before could be the transfer fee. Can't see PSG taking anything less than 15-18 million euros
No way he is worth that much. He was bought for around 8 millions and he was actually useful back then.

Quote:
He's definitely not a CF. Makeshift 2nd striker maybe. He's a winger and an overrated one at that.
Exactly, therefore he is best match for MLS. When I was saying we should get him, I was referring more to a player of his caliber/age, a 3 star player. Someone should pitch this idea to NDS/Saputo.

Quote:
Nick Sabetti ‏@NickSabetti 9m
Expect Impact to field a C team on Tuesday against Heredia. Just to piss off #MLS and have San Jose eliminated. #concacaf #IMFC
Very immature acting like divas... OMG, like they are the best team around

Old
09-22-2013, 12:40 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
Let's not kid ourselves, they were gonna playba C team nonetheless. They just use that as an excuse so we, the fans, don't complain.

Old
09-22-2013, 04:07 AM
gelu88

lol, too soon to give up you guys. if the ref decided differently or if a couple balls were a few inches difference we would have won this game.

The goals at the end are not surprising given how hard the team was pushing.

This is obviously a problem, and our top guys really do seem to be running out of gas, but I won't count us out yet.

The playoffs are a strange beast. Anything can happen.

The most important thing is that a top 3 spot is still very much in out grasp. We have 2 points and a game in hand on Houston, plus a ton of goals. we only need a couple more wins to secure our spot.

Old
09-22-2013, 04:17 AM
PyrettaBlaze

Wow. Schallibaum's post game conference was a thing of beauty. You guys have to watch it.

http://www.rds.ca/soccer/impact/c-es...ndale-1.662629

Old
09-22-2013, 08:05 AM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Wow. Schallibaum's post game conference was a thing of beauty. You guys have to watch it.

Other than "it's scandal" I couldn't understand a word of what he said in english lol.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:32 AM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
lol, too soon to give up you guys. if the ref decided differently or if a couple balls were a few inches difference we would have won this game.

The goals at the end are not surprising given how hard the team was pushing.

This is obviously a problem, and our top guys really do seem to be running out of gas, but I won't count us out yet.

The playoffs are a strange beast. Anything can happen.

The most important thing is that a top 3 spot is still very much in out grasp. We have 2 points and a game in hand on Houston, plus a ton of goals. we only need a couple more wins to secure our spot.
I totally agree.

The main thing is going into the playoffs the back 4 are rested. For me Nesta has played some good soccer this year *when he is rested*. However a tired Nesta looks quite poor - like yesterday.

Something else I have noticed is that against weaker teams the Impact really get pushed around. They are a pretty small team in the middle of the field and up front. It is impossible to play the ball in the air because we are too short (Insert Habs joke here).
This is why I think it would be good to somehow figure out how to use Wenger or Papponi more. You might lose a bit of talent but having someone with a little more of a physical presence up front would be key. Felipe might have tons of skill but he is a small guy and gets knocked over a lot.

Don't write this team off by any means - but there are some players here that need rest.

PS Ref was pretty bad yesterday. There were a few times I noticed in the second half players on both teams actually stopped because they thought the ref blew the whistle or blew the whistle for the other team. Anyways not the reason they lost.

Old
09-22-2013, 12:13 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post

Now he will get suspended

His English

Old
09-22-2013, 01:03 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Amazing day for European Football. Lots of huge matches going on. PSG v Monaco later on this afternoon is going to be a treat.

We really need beIN sports here in Canada. Our coverage is lacking [Excluding BPL]

Old
09-22-2013, 02:51 PM
_vivelequebec_

I don't want this qatari piece of s.h.i.t here. They are doing ''vente à perte'' in France, which means they don't mind to lose major $$$ for the first years in order to destroy concurrence. And when you know what kind of people they are and why they're starting to invest in many foreign countries you don't want them to have a monopoly.

Old
09-22-2013, 02:57 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _vivelequebec_ View Post
I don't want this qatari piece of s.h.i.t here. They are doing ''vente à perte'' in France, which means they don't mind to lose major $$$ for the first years in order to destroy concurrence. And when you know what kind of people they are and why they're starting to invest in many foreign countries you don't want them to have a monopoly.
They're doing quite well in the States though, and don't forget the CRTC that will regulate them over here.

Old
09-22-2013, 07:45 PM
gelu88

I feel like we need to have a defensive rotation with Camara, Nesta and Ferrari.

bring in one of the kids on the side, deal with the weakness and try to get enough points to clinch.

we need 0.5 PPG for the rest of the season to clinch. More importantly our Magic number is 10. This means we need a combination of point won by us and points dropped by the #6 ranked team to qualify.

If we get 4-6 points the rest of the season, we're fine.

Old
09-22-2013, 07:51 PM
Captain Saku

We're going to make the playoffs I'm not worried about that. I just want to avoid the 4th or 5th position.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:09 PM
schumway2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
We're going to make the playoffs I'm not worried about that. I just want to avoid the 4th or 5th position.
I want to avoid making the playoffs and just flaming out in the first round. Won't do much for building a fan base or profit for the team.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:54 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
I want to avoid making the playoffs and just flaming out in the first round. Won't do much for building a fan base or profit for the team.
Don't understand your point. Making the playoffs is better than not making it no matter how you slice it.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:59 PM
schumway2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Don't understand your point. Making the playoffs is better than not making it no matter how you slice it.
I know. I just went one step further. Not making it and making it, only to go 1 and done, is virutally the same.

Old
09-22-2013, 11:44 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
I know. I just went one step further. Not making it and making it, only to go 1 and done, is virutally the same.
That's stupid. No. Making the playoffs is a must and very good for our development as a team and club status.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:56 AM
gelu88

While its true that pulling a Vancouver 2012 is not a great way to end the season, i would much rather that than failing to make the playoffs completely.

it's called the second season for a reason. us, as hockey fans, should know that better than most.

Old
09-23-2013, 03:31 AM
schumway2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
That's stupid. No. Making the playoffs is a must and very good for our development as a team and club status.
It still won't register on the radar for most Montreal sports fans.

Old
09-23-2013, 05:26 AM
gelu88

I disagree, this city loves a winner.

Just look back at the CCL quarterfinals in 2008,everyone was talking about it. For a few days it was a massive story.

But does anyone think they gave a crap about CONCACAF and the club world cup?

No way. All people knew was that it was a prestigious tournament.

It's certainly not going to be like the habs in April, but if radio and mainstream news is any indication, casual fans are starting to care about our team.

Closed Thread