HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan McDonagh

Old
09-22-2013, 11:11 PM
avsfansince95

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
No, I know you didn't, I've just heard the comparisons before from other Avalanche fans and I don't like those AT ALL, as Foppa is a top-10 all time favorite of mine. Should have specified that the Forsberg comment wasn't towards you, my fault.

However, being the star of a team doesn't mean that he's a "star" in the context that it really means.
I guess it just depends on you context of star then. didn't know you had to be crosby to be considered a star. In fact I can recall a few games last year and his rookie year where landeskog was named first star.

avsfansince95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 03:01 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfansince95 View Post
I don't believe i said star status of the league. Ladeskog's face is being used to market to our team and that has been lacking for some time. Landeskog is our captian and will be for some time. There is a reason for that. All I'm saying is landeskog++ is ridiculous if you think that is what Mcdonagh is going to return. Obviously out definition of star is different. every team has a star player as far as i'm concerened and landeskog and duchene are duking it out for who is the star of the team.
Here's the point. McDonagh's value to the Rangers... The Ranger's don't care who your 'face of the franchise is.' The Rangers have NO desire to trade McD, they just locked him into a long term deal. He is the #1 defenseman. The only way they would ever deal him is for immense overpayment. This isn't NHL 13. Do you want to hear my 4 mediocre player for Duchene deal? No. You'd want the blow you away offer.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 03:41 AM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

vCash: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
With Doughty I agree with this. But I think McDonagh is better than Hedman at everything except being tall.
Hedman is already better offensively.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 03:44 AM
Spearmint Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by High And Wide View Post
I get a feeling a lot of people on this thread have never seen Ryan McDonagh actually play hockey.
I've probably watched him play 20 times - only on TV - and have never came away thinking he was even the Rangers best D (usually Girardi) let alone in the conversation of Top 10 in the NHL - maybe the camera and the commentators don't do him justice and that's why out of town fans underrate him more than locals that get to see him live

Spearmint Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 04:18 AM
mrmovies779

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
Based on what?video game ratings?

mrmovies779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 04:26 AM
Callafan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearmint Rhino View Post
I've probably watched him play 20 times - only on TV - and have never came away thinking he was even the Rangers best D (usually Girardi) let alone in the conversation of Top 10 in the NHL - maybe the camera and the commentators don't do him justice and that's why out of town fans underrate him more than locals that get to see him live
Ryan McDonagh backpacks whoever he's paired with. His skating ability is through the roof and he is absolutely a Top 15 Dman in the NHL. I would put him just under a player like Pietrangelo.
Doc, Pierre, and Eddie Olczyk can't get enough of him.

Callafan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 04:37 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callafan24 View Post
Doc, Pierre, and Eddie Olczyk can't get enough of him.
not something to be proud of tho

These threads always ends as a self-agrandising 'lol No he's worth more than that' but fine, I'll play

I'd give something along the lines of tinordi and eller for mcd. Rangers fans will hate it, habs fans will also hate it but w/e

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 05:36 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Last year Hedman had 20 points in 44 games. McD had 19 points in 47 games. Not a significant difference. The year before, McD had 32 points in 82 games, with 30 of those points coming at even strength. He was 7th in the league among dmen for even strength points. Hedman was tied for 56th.

Hedman: 89 points in 258 games for .345 points per game.
McDonagh: 60 points in 169 games for .355 points per game.

Neither player has seen signficant PP time, but Hedman has consistently gotten more.

So, what exactly do you have to support your claim?

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 07:54 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Based on????

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Based on????
Clearly based on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Last year Hedman had 20 points in 44 games. McD had 19 points in 47 games. Not a significant difference. The year before, McD had 32 points in 82 games, with 30 of those points coming at even strength. He was 7th in the league among dmen for even strength points. Hedman was tied for 56th.

Hedman: 89 points in 258 games for .345 points per game.
McDonagh: 60 points in 169 games for .355 points per game.

Neither player has seen signficant PP time, but Hedman has consistently gotten more.

So, what exactly do you have to support your claim?

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 09:02 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearmint Rhino View Post
As one of Girardi's biggest fans, McDonagh and Staal are superior to Girardi defensively. Easily. Without any doubt. The fact that you believe Girardi's our best dmen just goes to show you how little you know about the teams blue-line.

Old
09-23-2013, 10:36 AM
B A T M A N
Risen

McDonagh is a stud but I vastly prefer Hedman. If I had a choice between the two, I'd take Victor one hundred times out of ten.

B A T M A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:16 AM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
McDonagh is a stud but I vastly prefer Hedman. If I had a choice between the two, I'd take Victor one hundred times out of ten.
Well good for you.

Time to lock this thread? It has derailed. Seriously when was the last time someone posted an offer? 2-3 pages ago(?).

CaptainCally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:50 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
To each their own. Hedman is younger and probably has a higher ceiling, but right now I don't think either one is significantly better than the other.

PS. Your user name is Bruce Wayne and your avatar is a guy holding a gun. That's just wrong.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Nvm.

Last edited by Gardner McKay: 09-23-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 12:41 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

I wonder if GM's get this pissy with eachother when discussing trade proposals.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:59 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I wonder if GM's get this pissy with eachother when discussing trade proposals.
Nope. They don't. GM's watch other teams play. They know the inner details that justify certain salary expectations for various players.

People on Hfboards think they know those details after googling their stats and watching a youtube video or two.

I mean hell, there's a poster here who believes Girardi is a better dmen than McDonagh and Staal. How can you take some of these people seriously with the absurd things they say?

Old
09-23-2013, 03:04 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Nope. They don't. GM's watch other teams play. They know the inner details that justify certain salary expectations for various players.

People on Hfboards think they know those details after googling their stats and watching a youtube video or two.

I mean hell, there's a poster here who believes Girardi is a better dmen than McDonagh and Staal. How can you take some of these people seriously with the absurd things they say?
Good point, I just enjoyed imagining a real GM responding with "your first born +".

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 03:09 PM
Calad
Section 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
To each their own. Hedman is younger and probably has a higher ceiling, but right now I don't think either one is significantly better than the other.

PS. Your user name is Bruce Wayne and your avatar is a guy holding a gun. That's just wrong.
I think McD is a better player than Hedman, and most people would tend to agree.

Calad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 03:24 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
No.

Quote:
Glad youre not my GM.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
No.

Glad youre not my GM.
Most 'fans' would take McDonagh before Hedman. Not shocked at that, and I'd kill to have Hedman in Broadway.

I find it extremely funny how people make statements, and when they're proven wrong they simply vanish into thin air, purposely avoiding the threads that exposed their foolishness in the first place.

Gotta love people with no backbone.

Old
09-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Barnaby

I just find it comical how people come into this thread to tear down McDonagh, then propose a trade for him. They continue to tear him down to explain why their offer is terrific.

Here's your bottom line: What team trades their young #1 defensemen whose locked into a long term deal? Answer: No one. It would have to be such an immense over payment that the Rangers would be insane to turn down, and someone would have to be insane to offer. This 3rd line center, 5th defenseman, and a 2nd round pick offer that are 'def fair' don't exist in real life. There are 20 people in this thread who have 2013 EA Sports NHL GM syndrome. Notice that no one is offering their #1 def in return. They are 'untouchable.'

Old
09-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
This 3rd line center, 5th defenseman, and a 2nd round pick offer that are 'def fair' don't exist in real life. There are 20 people in this thread who have 2013 EA Sports NHL GM syndrome. Notice that no one is offering their #1 def in return. They are 'untouchable.'
What do you mean you won't give me that new shiny quarter for equal value? I'm offering you 2 nickels, a dime, and 5 pennies. I don't get it. Fool. Keep your quarter. It's not worth it, anyway. I mean, if you lose that quarter you're done. If I lose a nickel, I still have 20 cents.

Edit: I'll up my offer. 1 dime and 3 nickels. My best offer. Take it or forever be blacklisted for your utter stupidity.

Old
09-23-2013, 05:55 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabapple View Post
Eberle? Not saying I would but value wise seems about right.
No thank you.

And what is it with you guys in Edmonton, generally?

The fit is for Hall/RNH, you counter with Eberle.
We rework a lesser deal for Eberle, you reduce it to Gagne

Etc., etc, with the notion overpaid and history of being injury prone Hemsky has real value larger than what he actually commands.

In theory there are no sacred cows, everyone has a price but with the best players that price is extremely high.

McD fits that.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 05:57 PM
Barnaby

I really think that my earlier analogy sums it up...

For example: Kreider, MDZ, 2 2nd round picks, Pyatt, Powe, and Asham for PK Subban... sound fair, right Habs fans? You guys would freak out, and rightfully so. A #1 defense for a jumble of secondary parts is crazy - and you have no desire to move PK.

Same deal here with McDonagh... (not comparing the two players, just the situation)