HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXVII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2013, 12:16 PM
Clumsyhab

vCash: 500
In other news, Morrow just signed with the Blues, 1 year 1.5m. Would have given him this contract with the Habs.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:23 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
No, but it does have to be with the toe of the stick, otherwise it's not a spear. Anything else is a slash or nothing. And as you watch the bottom of Kessel's stick blade barely wipe across Scott's pants (among the best protected of areas, so I don't know what you're talking about with "especially in that area") with no wind up, you have to conclude that it was nothing, and are relegated to the murky waters of discerning some kind of intent, or whatever.

Kessel shouldn't even have gone back over there unless it was to drop the gloves and stand in front of him, though. Shouldn't expect much more from a guy who just seconds before took another swat at the guy after teammates stepped in and let him get away.
The shot look to me like it was above the pants, right in the ribs area. If that wasn't the case, well sorry if I haven't watched the video 25 times over the last 12 hours. To me the motion was very similar to a spear, and in the ribs, where you actually have close to no protection.

As for Scott, you don't have to look that far to know that had he actually wanted to injure Kessel, he wouldn't have warned him seconds before what he did, and he easily could have gripped him right away when Kessel first tried to touch his shoulder for whatever reason.

Keep believing Scott wanted to hurt Kessel seriously and never got a hold of him despite trying, though

Old
09-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
The shot look to me like it was above the pants, right in the ribs area.
Looked to me like the highest spot hit was actually the kidney protector on Scott's pants, bottom of the blade brushing softly down the side of the pants for an inch or so as Kessel starts backing away like a coward.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:47 PM
Maxpac

Kyle Beach anybody? He's on waivers today. Worth a pick-up IMO, plus I think Bergevin is the one who drafted him.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:52 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Kyle Beach anybody? He's on waivers today. Worth a pick-up IMO, plus I think Bergevin is the one who drafted him.
I really wanted him at the draft, but he just hasn't progressed.

If we want him, we have to keep him on our roster. With Parros close to a return, Tarnasky still up, and Prust/White providing similar skillsets....I don't see any fit.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Beach is terrible. No need imo.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:56 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yeah I agree...the first slash could be seen as Kessel trying to defend himself, the second was intent to injure.
The swinging stick as self defense. Cool concept.

So when a big DMan is about to check a smaller forward into the boards, all the forward has to do is raise his elbow head high in self defense.

I don't understand the reluctance of many Habs fans in calling every two handed stick swing a gutless move by the punk Leaf Kessel.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Beach is terrible. No need imo.
more than Blunden?

Old
09-23-2013, 12:58 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
The swinging stick as self defense. Cool concept.

So when a big DMan is about to check a smaller forward into the boards, all the forward has to do is raise his elbow head high in self defense.

I don't understand the reluctance of many Habs fans in calling every two handed stick swing a gutless move by the punk Leaf Kessel.
A check is a hockey play. A fight in between whistles is not. Try again.

If you want to get down to it, Kessel defended against a non-hockey play with a non-hockey play. Both were guilty, which I never disputed.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:59 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
more than Blunden?
Blunden will be in Hamilton all year. If we claim beach we have to keep him up.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:07 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Made me laugh out loud at work

Old
09-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
more than Blunden?
Probably not as bad as Blunden, but he's not good enough to stick with the NHL club all year.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Maverik

I am surprised, where are the : "He didn't have the balls to take on Scott" jokes? I expected less from HF, you are impressing me..

Old
09-23-2013, 01:26 PM
LyricalLyricist

I'd claim beach but damn I wish we can send him down. Maybe we can do a minor league trade for him. Wouldn't hurt if the price is fair.

Also, Kadri needs to be 'held back'. Guy won't even fight Gallagher, but he wanted a go with Scott. lol

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=432586

Old
09-23-2013, 01:30 PM
The Nightman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I'd claim beach but damn I wish we can send him down. Maybe we can do a minor league trade for him. Wouldn't hurt if the price is fair.

Also, Kadri needs to be 'held back'. Guy won't even fight Gallagher, but he wanted a go with Scott. lol

Its pretty funny for whatever reason watching the whole line brawl, the thing that annoyed me the most was watching Kadri mouth off to Scott from the comfort of the bench. Such a little weasel.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Kadri will become one of the most hated player in the league pretty soon. Guy is a coward.

He is already upthere with Marchand, Kaleta, Cooke.. for me.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:38 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Kadri will become one of the most hated player in the league pretty soon. Guy is a coward.

He is already upthere with Marchand, Kaleta, Cooke.. for me.
Oh come on. Cooke has made a career out of taking out knees. Kaleta is another career cheapshot artist. Marchand isn't in the league of the other two. Yapping and diving, sure, but equating Kadri with them is insane. He's a little whiney *****, but come on.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:40 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Oh come on. Cooke has made a career out of taking out knees. Kaleta is another career cheapshot artist. Marchand isn't in the league of the other two. Yapping and diving, sure, but equating Kadri with them is insane. He's a little whiney *****, but come on.
I agree. Marchand had some dirty hits but he's basically an extra dirty Gallagher with more skill.

As for Kadri, he's just a loud mouth. It's amusing to see what will happen if someone wrecks him because Frazer and Clarkson won't be in for a bit. Orr is still around but 1 man only. Kadri is a coward though.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Probably not as bad as Blunden, but he's not good enough to stick with the NHL club all year.
He's basically Blunden, but with more of a fisty-cuff side to him. Don't know if it's an avenue worth exploring, but it'd be interesting. Both guys are finally approaching the point in their development where they're able to show exactly what they can bring at the pro level. Big guys that were scorers in junior, but are converted to bottom 6 players at the pro level, are like that.

I'd probably swap them in a video game, or whatever, but it would be a lateral move for the sake of making a move at this point, and you're really hoping he earns his keep on the NHL squad. This team also already has enough of bottom half of the starting lineup toughness added, imo. Just waiting for more of that top 6 toughness to come around.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
That's why I said pretty soon.

Just watch, you will see threads about Kadri hitting a vulnerable player then goes hide behind the refs when players challenge him.

He had a decent season last year but it seems to think he's a superstar already.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:57 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

Just watch, you will see threads about Kadri hitting a vulnerable player then goes hide behind the refs when players challenge him.

He had a decent season last year but it seems to think he's a superstar already.
Hitting a person then backing away is one thing. Cooke did terrible hits over and over. It's not comparable. Even max made a few bad choices with hits.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:59 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:

You also wrote ' he is already'.

Old
09-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Lafleurs Guy

1.5 for one year of Brendan Morrow. I think that's a pretty good deal. I would've liked that for us. Don't know if we talked to him but at that price I don't see how we could've gone wrong on that one.

Old
09-23-2013, 02:41 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post

"It's self defence ... I'm actually surprised he didn't whack him a little higher," said Kadri.

lol mind = blown

Old
09-23-2013, 02:43 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
"It's self defence ... I'm actually surprised he didn't whack him a little higher," said Kadri.

lol mind = blown
To be fair if some guy that big jumped me in the street, i'll throw whatever I find at him without hesitation.

Closed Thread