HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Oilers claim Steve MacIntyre

Old
09-23-2013, 01:37 PM
vanwest

vCash: 500
Kind of surprised that MacT couldn't figure out that he needed more toughness earlier. When the Oilers play teams like LA, Annaheim, Phoenix, St. Louis etc they will get run off the ice. That's been the blue print against the Oilers for a while now. A tough player who can take a regular shift should have been the number one off season priority. This move reeks of desperation.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:37 PM
McVespa99

The only way this type of player can be effective is if they forget the code and don't give their opponent any choice in the matter. Mac drops the gloves and pounds Kassian whether he agrees or not. That's the only way it works because no sane guy agrees to fight a guy like Mac. Except the occasional other Mac clone.

McVespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Kulleroinen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
And while we wait to see that, we'll dance around him like Ben Eager and score.

Kassian plays with the Sedins. Do you really want MacIntyre out there?
After what Kassian did to our player? Why, of course I want him there.

Kulleroinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:39 PM
40oz

Some other decent waiver moves today, Yip could bring some depth.

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:39 PM
canucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
There's the real disciplinary hearing for Kassian and Weise.
Kassian will most likely be suspended when the Oilers and Nucks play next. I think Weise will fight Brown. If Weise fights Mac, his career might be over.

The problem is as others have noted no one will fight the guy for obvious reasons. He's huge and has a fantastic punch. He would wreck Sestito and Sestito is a big guy.

The Oilers have been pushed around a lot by Vancouver. It seems they have had enough. The question is does he pull something like Scott did?

canucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:40 PM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
Frei!!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
After what Kassian did to our player? Why, of course I want him there.
Exactly. By the sounds of it, MacT plans to send SMac after Kassian, whether Kassian wants to go or not

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:41 PM
jgoud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
And while we wait to see that, we'll dance around him like Ben Eager and score.

Kassian plays with the Sedins. Do you really want MacIntyre out there?
Kassian is a third line player. Once the reg season comes around he'll be playing bottom 6.

jgoud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Simmons' Nightmare

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
Referees will be all over that. He can only play about 40 seconds a night if you want to win the game and they'll be damned if they don't spend those 40 seconds focused like a laser on everything he does.

The guy gets unsportsmanlikes for having a menacing look before the faceoff.
Yeah, I remember it was the Ottawa game when Big Mac dressed. At one point, Chris Neil and, I believe, Brooks Orpik got into a bit of a shoving match behind the play. Big Mac skated up to Neil and said a few words, Neil backed down, and out of all of that, the ref gave Big Mac a 10-minute misconduct while Orpik and Neil (the original two) got nothing.

Big Mac is scary tough, but when nobody will fight him, he doesn't serve much of a purpose unless he intentionally jumps someone.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:43 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Kind of surprised that MacT couldn't figure out that he needed more toughness earlier. When the Oilers play teams like LA, Annaheim, Phoenix, St. Louis etc they will get run off the ice. That's been the blue print against the Oilers for a while now. A tough player who can take a regular shift should have been the number one off season priority. This move reeks of desperation.

You obviously don't follow the Oilers, theyve tried and failed at bringing in tough guys who can play for years now. Desperation was the Oilers actually outbidding toronto for Clarkson.

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:44 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican View Post
You honestly ask that?
LOL. You honestly think Kassian will drop the gloves with MacIntyre? Why?

Kassian is a top 6 player now, or should be soon. There is literally no reason for him to fight MacIntyre.

MacIntyre will surely challenge Weise, which is more fair since he's a bottom 6 grinder. So that MIGHT happen, but even that is still lopsided so Sestito is more likely.

I mean, congrats Edmonton but MacIntyre isn't really going to do that much honestly.

Last edited by PG Canuck: 09-24-2013 at 02:31 AM.
BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:44 PM
tmurfin
So Good! Mony Mony!

vCash: 187
At work, someone should throw up the McGrattan vs Mac fight, one of the best I've ever seen

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Draw Me a McElephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
He can't. He skates worse than that fat cop that's in every men's league. In parts of 3 years in Pittsburgh, I don't know if I ever saw him get in position to touch the puck.
Well to be fair I've played against Smac and by mens league standards he is a good player...but certainly not by nhl standards. Rather pointless signing though - is he going to just start beating up Kassian or Weiss? I'd love to see that but it wont happen, instead he'll fight Sestito or nobody and do nothing to deter the abuse of the Oiler stars and waste a roster spot in the process.

Draw Me a McElephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:46 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

I don't think he has ever played in more than what? 35 games in a season?

09-23-2013, 01:49 PM
ZKass The Bass

@sportsnetmurph: Kassian on #oilers picking up MacIntyre as a deterrent, "Perfect. I don't think he can skate, that's the last thing on our mind."

ZKass The Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:50 PM
BlueDream

Lol at the Oilers fans acting like this will solve anything. This is literally hilarious that the Oilers picked up MacIntyre since he will be useless.

You act like it's easy for him to just drop the gloves and start pounding on the Sedins (or anyone else on Vancouver's roster). Yeah I'm sure the rest of their team will just sit back and watch instead of all jumping on him within 2 seconds.... Did you people not learn anything from what John Scott tried to do? That method does not work.

MacIntyre won't be fighting anyone except maybe Sestito. Congratulations. I'm sure that is going to stop Kassian and others from throwing hits against the Oilers.

Edit: Kassian's comment is awesome.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:52 PM
soothsayer

One wonders if Scott does what he did to Kessel if Orr or Mclaren were in the line up. I think that question was enough for MacT to pull the trigger on this move.

soothsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Fire Shero*

Arguably the worst player in the NHL. I thought the enforcer role was dead.

Fire Shero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Walter Kovacs
Here We Go Again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKass The Bass View Post
@sportsnetmurph: Kassian on #oilers picking up MacIntyre as a deterrent, "Perfect. I don't think he can skate, that's the last thing on our mind."
Kassian is a goon, Patrick Kaleta 2.0 in a few years when people realize he's never going to live up to his "potential".

Walter Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:01 PM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
Frei!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
LOL. You honestly think Kassian will drop the gloves with MacIntyre? Why?

Kassian is a top 6 player now, or should be soon. There is literally no reason for him to fight MacIntyre and you're delusional if you think that will happen.

MacIntyre will surely challenge Weise, which is more fair since he's a bottom 6 grinder. So that MIGHT happen, but even that is still lopsided so Sestito is more likely.

I mean, congrats Edmonton but MacIntyre isn't really going to do that much honestly.
The person who decides if Kassian is getting into a fight with SMac isn't Kassian. It's Eakins and MacT who make that call. He hasn't been scared to go after guys before that aren't man enough to answer for their actions

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:03 PM
SchennSational1022*

I loved Sestito on Philly but there is no way in hell he'd fight Mac. He would be hospitalized.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Reign Nateo

Maybe if the Oilers didn't dress their full lineup agains the Canucks' pre-season goon squad this wouldn't have happened. This will be one if those things that gets the fans going with the "my dad's tougher than your dad" bs, but when the game comes it will be pretty quiet. Someone has to oblige him for MacIntyre to have an impact as he can't skate or play well enough for anything else. I'm sure Kassian will oblige him, a wrestling match will ensue and it will be over.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:06 PM
Crobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKass The Bass View Post
Dan Tencer ‏@dantencer 1m
Kassian has 9 more career goals than Mac. MT @sportsnetmurph Kassian on #oilers picking up MacIntyre "Perfect. I don't think he can skate"

Joking aside...I dont like this pickup at all.

Crobby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:07 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
The person who decides if Kassian is getting into a fight with SMac isn't Kassian. It's Eakins and MacT who make that call. He hasn't been scared to go after guys before that aren't man enough to answer for their actions
You are completely delusional. I honestly wonder how you guys can be so ignorant to reality.

What is MacIntyre going to do? Jump him? Cool, so just like with Scott/Kessel, the rest of the Canucks will jump in within 3 seconds, and it will be over and MacIntyre will be done for the game.

Also, before the Scott/Kessel incident you will notice that pretty much never happens...

I'm sure Kassian is so scared of the call that Eakins and MacT will make.

Old
09-23-2013, 02:08 PM
MISC*

Quote:
I guess then Sestito can hammer on the Nuge after?

This does nothing to deter a team. The important players on the Oilers still aren't tough. SMac out, pain for the kids in.

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:08 PM
vanwest

Quote:
The Oilers having goons hasn't worked in past years to protect their stars and I doubt it will work any better the second time around with MacIntyre. There's a reason why these guys can't hold a job. Other teams just avoid them and then make them pay on the ensuing 5 minute powerplay.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote