HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Oilers claim Steve MacIntyre

Old
09-23-2013, 01:10 PM
soothsayer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Maybe if the Oilers didn't dress their full lineup agains the Canucks' pre-season goon squad this wouldn't have happened. This will be one if those things that gets the fans going with the "my dad's tougher than your dad" bs, but when the game comes it will be pretty quiet. Someone has to oblige him for MacIntyre to have an impact as he can't skate or play well enough for anything else. I'm sure Kassian will oblige him, a wrestling match will ensue and it will be over.
Look up Macintyre's hit on Letang or the one on Moss. He can force other teams to address his physical presence. And no, Kassian won't fight Macintyre. And if he did, it would sure as hell not be a wrestling match. Kassian ought to worry about macintyres bomb of a right hand, and less about his feet. Mac would murder the young version of Eager who Canucks call Kassian.

soothsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Daemar

vCash: 1125
On Oct 5th, nucks have the last change... any time they've got an offensive faceoff in the oilers zone, just put big mac out there and watch the sedins scurry back to the bench. Win-Win.

And another WIN because I'm gonna be at that game in vancouver!

Daemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:13 PM
BlueDream

vCash: 500
MacIntyre will make zero difference at all and if he's out there against the Canucks skill players then Vancouver can just bank on scoring a goal.

Also if he does attempt something the Canucks have a lot more toughness than Edmonton so they can just have Kassian and Weise and others do what they already did...hit Gagner and Hall some more.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:13 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemar View Post
On Oct 5th, nucks have the last change... any time they've got an offensive faceoff in the oilers zone, just put big mac out there and watch the sedins scurry back to the bench. Win-Win.
Win-win for the Canucks you mean. Having MacIntyre on the ice is like the Oilers playing a man short. We'll take that all night long.

vanwest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Shorthander

Quote:

Is this seriously what some of you think? If the 4th line is on for a faceoff in the Oilers end, the top line is coming on every time. It's basically a powerplay.

Shorthander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:16 PM
Trafalgar McLaw
Waive Dallas Eakins

I hoped we'd trade for someone that could actually play, but oh well.

Trafalgar McLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:16 PM
FroshaugFan2
Starched Earth

vCash: 1750
Quote:

This is my favourite logic ever. I'm so glad that MacTavish agrees with it. The Canucks are hoping Eakins does also.

FroshaugFan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by soothsayer View Post
Look up Macintyre's hit on Letang or the one on Moss. He can force other teams to address his physical presence. And no, Kassian won't fight Macintyre. And if he did, it would sure as hell not be a wrestling match. Kassian ought to worry about macintyres bomb of a right hand, and less about his feet. Mac would murder the young version of Eager who Canucks call Kassian.
I've seen MacIntyre play enough to know that he can't force anything. He's a 4 minute a night player that can hardly skate. Pretty easy to avoid that.

Kassian is crazy. He'd literally go with anyone that asked him. There's little doubt in my mind. He's not afraid of anyone and hasn't been since day one in this league. For better or for worse. The kid is 22, been a pro for less than 2 seasons and has ammassed 12 professional fights. To go along with about 50 in the OHL and a couple bar fights to go with it. Kassian will fight if he's asked, again, for better of for worse.

I've seen this a million times as a Canucks fan. It never works the way the revengeful team hopes it would. For one, it was an accident and the players are probably nowhere near as mad as the fans, secondly MacIntyre does not have the skating ability to do anything but fight, and lastly, Canuck coaches would love it if they try to match MacIntyre up in Vancouver.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:19 PM
thebigbea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingerz View Post
Arguably the worst player in the NHL. I thought the enforcer role was dead.
he and scott are the worst...

thebigbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:21 PM
Lilou
t-.-t

Its psychological. Right now, teams look at the oilers and know they can push them around. Brown is a spark plug but not much of an enforcer. At least with Macintyre in the lineup the opposition will think twice before going after one of their stars unless they're prepared for Mac to do the same to them. I like this. People can criticize MacT all they want but it will take time to draft and develop big tough skilled players. He just arrived. What is he to do till then? Just watch teams pick his youngsters apart?

Lilou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:23 PM
MikeModano9

I wouldn't be surprised to see a cheap shot on a Sedin next game. Not even by Mac just in general. Sour taste left in the mouth of the Oil after that haggard high stick by Kass. MacT is making it sounds like he wants someone to pay hahaha

MikeModano9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:25 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeModano9 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see a cheap shot on a Sedin next game. Not even by Mac just in general. Sour taste left in the mouth of the Oil after that haggard high stick by Kass. MacT is making it sounds like he wants someone to pay hahaha
That happens a lot to the Sedins. And the Oilers have used that tactic in the past without much success.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeModano9 View Post
The Sedins take cheap shots every game and if it's serious, bring on the PPs. Regular season is different. Doubt the Oilers are dumb enough to skate around looking for cheap shots. Especially with Taylor Hall and Boyd Gordon as their top centres. They'd be best served avoiding handing the Canucks PPs and risking suspension themselves with such a thin roster. It would make sense if it was on purpose, but it was an accident. No reason to go looking for trouble and throw away two points. I'm sure the Oilers and their staff are smarter than that.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:29 PM
MikeModano9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
That happens a lot to the Sedins. And the Oilers have used that tactic in the past without much success.
When? I've never seen the Oil target a Sedin. Boston was the only team to actually follow threw and punish the Sedins that I've seen. I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised, doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

MikeModano9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:32 PM
soothsayer

Quote:
I've seen MacIntyre play enough to know that he can't force anything. He's a 4 minute a night player that can hardly skate. Pretty easy to avoid that.

Kassian is crazy. He'd literally go with anyone that asked him. There's little doubt in my mind. He's not afraid of anyone and hasn't been since day one in this league. For better or for worse. The kid is 22, been a pro for less than 2 seasons and has ammassed 12 professional fights. To go along with about 50 in the OHL and a couple bar fights to go with it. Kassian will fight if he's asked, again, for better of for worse.

I've seen this a million times as a Canucks fan. It never works the way the revengeful team hopes it would. For one, it was an accident and the players are probably nowhere near as mad as the fans, secondly MacIntyre does not have the skating ability to do anything but fight, and lastly, Canuck coaches would love it if they try to match MacIntyre up in Vancouver.
Ha, if it really is true that Kassian will go with anyone, then the Mac acquisition will pay at least a small dividends.

soothsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Aceonfire*

I think Vancouver fans are underestimating how pissed MacT is.

Torts essentially dressed a hit squad and they accomplished their goal.

You laugh at MacT but you forget that we can dress Eager, Brown, SMac..

Look at what happened to Clutterbuck when Hall finally had enough with him.

It is going to be a long season, lets see how healthy Hank can stay this year....

Aceonfire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

I'm not sure how I feel about this. As someone has said I don't think anyone will want to fight him and last time he was here it was evident he couldn't play. When he skates he can make an impact though.. just ask Dustin Boyd.

The Oilers scored 4 goals in that second period after I believe.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:34 PM
cashman rules*

Sat, Oct 12 Oilers @ Maple Leafs 7:00 PM (ET)
Tue, Oct 29 Maple Leafs @ Oilers 9:00 PM (ET)...Poor orr and the alien

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:36 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post

It is going to be a long season, lets see how healthy Hank can stay this year....
Not too worried. The Sedins have been targetted since day one by every team. Henrik currently holds the iron man streak for forwards and Daniel is rarely hurt as well.
MacT is living in the past. Let him be pissed. Goons are no longer effective and most teams have figured it out. Boston beat up vancouver with players like Marchand, Lucic, Thornton and Chara. ie players who can play.
Eager, Brown and SMac will simply cost the Oilers the two points and accomplish little other than getting Sestito and Weise off of the ice.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 777
Again most people don't understand the mind games that go on in pro hockey.

They don't understand what it is like to walk into a rink knowing you are going to get beat up and you have no answer for it.

It doesn't matter if he plays or if anyone fights him. All that matters is the players will feel better knowing they have a guy who has their backs no matter what.

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:40 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
Again most people don't understand the mind games that go on in pro hockey.

They don't understand what it is like to walk into a rink knowing you are going to get beat up and you have no answer for it.

It doesn't matter if he plays or if anyone fights him. All that matters is the players will feel better knowing they have a guy who has their backs no matter what.
Yeah whatever you say. I'm sure MacIntyre sitting on the bench for 58 minutes will give the Oilers the courage they need to beat the Canucks!

Old
09-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post

So it's OK for Hall to throw a disgustingly cheap knee at Clutterbuck, in fact you seem to be happy he did it, but Kassian hits Gagner with his stick accidentaly and you guys want blood? That is severly hypocritical and the definition of homerism.

Oilers should focus on not being out of the playoffs in the first 2 months with that roster.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Aceonfire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Not too worried. The Sedins have been targetted since day one by every team. Henrik currently holds the iron man streak for forwards and Daniel is rarely hurt as well.
MacT is living in the past. Let him be pissed. Goons are no longer effective and most teams have figured it out. Boston beat up vancouver with players like Marchand, Lucic, Thornton and Chara. ie players who can play.
Eager, Brown and SMac will simply cost the Oilers the two points and accomplish little other than getting Sestito and Weise off of the ice.

You forget who is coaching the Canucks now.

If Torts sees that the Oilers are dressing goons, so will he.

Prepare for the Pacific version of this...

Old
09-23-2013, 01:45 PM
BlueDream

God I can't wait till the next time the Canucks-Oilers and Leafs-Sabres play just for the hilarity to ensue. I doubt either the Oilers or Sabres will be getting much revenge.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:45 PM
Aceonfire*

Quote:
So it's OK for Hall to throw a disgustingly cheap knee at Clutterbuck, in fact you seem to be happy he did it, but Kassian hits Gagner with his stick accidentaly and you guys want blood? That is severly hypocritical and the definition of homerism.

Oilers should focus on not being out of the playoffs in the first 2 months with that roster.
When did I say it was okay?

What Hall did was reckless. But when you push guys constantly don't be shocked when they snap. Look at what Kessel did.

And of course the Sedins will be targeted. I never condone this crap. But it is guys like Kassian that are bringing it back into the game.

My ideal hockey game would be fast paced and lots of goals. Not terrible staged fights and head shots.