HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL: OMG HOCKEY Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2013, 09:07 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
First point:

I'm not looking at this from a Leaf's perspective, I'm looking at it from a league perspective. Kessel needs to sit for a few games, like 4+. We need to stop using different rulebooks for different players (repeat offenders is another thing, I'm talking about player "types" and protecting stars). He was using his stick as a weapon.

Second point:

Scott was just looking to start something, I highly doubt he'd beat Kessel into a pulp. He was just grabbing whoever was next to him to get things going. It happened to be Kessel, but I don't think he counted on being engaged with Kessel for long and expected someone else to jump in.
If Kessel had taken his gloves off, he would have been licking his chops. Please...

Old
09-23-2013, 09:22 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
I think you guys are excepting way too much out of Jagr and Clowe. I'm curious what was said about NYR when we acquired Clowe. I'd be surprised if Clowe even plays a full season, let alone puts up goals. Good teams don't depend on luck; I wonder how much of 12-13 was "bad luck", and how much was Parise's absence. Parise, Kovalchuk, Clarkson: that's your top 3 goalscoring threats gone in one calendar year.

Knowing the Devils, though, Larsson will turn into a star, Elias will have a Selke-calibre year, and Schneider will get a Vezina nomination. I think Lou has been spiking the kool-aid.

I know the game isn't played on paper, but look around the Met. Flyers will be better. Pens will still be atop. Blue Jackets have a nice team, Vezina winner, added Gaborik. Canes will be better if healthy. Islanders...I think they'll be good, but we'll see how losing Streit affects them. Capitals got worse, I think, but Ovechkin could carry that team on his back to the playoffs. Rangers will be better. I'm hesitant to say the Devils got better by adding Schneider, yet, as he's never played more than 33 games in a season. Clarkson, Kovy, even Poni was good for the Devils.
The Devils I think fixed their goaltending problem and they have a decent defense with a lot of pretty good defenseman prospects in the bank.

Their forwards are old and slow or slowing down. As far as prospects unless you consider Myles Bell someone special they only have two that look like they'll be anything--Boucher and Matteau. Younger forwards on their team--Henrique is a good player though the contract they gave him is out of line with what he's accomplished. Then there's Loktionov, Josefson and Tedenby--three unprovens. They will forfeit their 1st round pick in next summer's draft. This is not a good situation IMO at all.

Jagr was a great player a while back. He was a good player for the Flyers a couple years ago. Last year he had stamina issues. At his age I don't see that getting better over an 82 game Olympic year condensed schedule. Clowe had at least one concussion-if not as many as 3 last year. I liked him his brief time on the Rangers but Devils fans should keep in mind he is s-l-o-w. Very good in the corners and can take care of things physically and make nice plays. Not a guy who went to net all that much though. His health is a ?--his skating/speed frankly sucks. Very good to use in offensive situations but not really a 200' player. Ryder was a good addition but more of a complimentary player. From what I've 'read' (operative word) Brunner is very skilled but a defensive liability. All in all these additions don't seem very scary. They'd be much more formidable with Kovalchuk, Parise and Clarkson in their lineup than with those guys.

Old
09-23-2013, 09:33 AM
eco's bones

As for the Toronto clip. Devane kicking Tropp's ass is why Scott went for Kessel. Devane is a goon. Tropp's been an on the cusp player with the Sabres for a while. He's a bit feisty but that was a major mismatch and seeing your guy get hurt maybe seriously by a more or less talentless player pisses teams off--a lot--and for another goon like Scott whose sole reason for being on his team is to protect his teammates sending a message to their arch-rivals of 'I'll kill your best player when you do that' must have seemed too good to be true when Carlyle very stupidly put Kessel out on the ice to line against him. Carlyle had the last change here. WTF did he think was going to happen?

Both Scott and Kessel deserve suspensions (of several games each) out of that and Clarkson as well if he came off the bench.

Old
09-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
The Devils I think fixed their goaltending problem and they have a decent defense with a lot of pretty good defenseman prospects in the bank.

Their forwards are old and slow or slowing down. As far as prospects unless you consider Myles Bell someone special they only have two that look like they'll be anything--Boucher and Matteau. Younger forwards on their team--Henrique is a good player though the contract they gave him is out of line with what he's accomplished. Then there's Loktionov, Josefson and Tedenby--three unprovens. They will forfeit their 1st round pick in next summer's draft. This is not a good situation IMO at all.

Jagr was a great player a while back. He was a good player for the Flyers a couple years ago. Last year he had stamina issues. At his age I don't see that getting better over an 82 game Olympic year condensed schedule. Clowe had at least one concussion-if not as many as 3 last year. I liked him his brief time on the Rangers but Devils fans should keep in mind he is s-l-o-w. Very good in the corners and can take care of things physically and make nice plays. Not a guy who went to net all that much though. His health is a ?--his skating/speed frankly sucks. Very good to use in offensive situations but not really a 200' player. Ryder was a good addition but more of a complimentary player. From what I've 'read' (operative word) Brunner is very skilled but a defensive liability. All in all these additions don't seem very scary. They'd be much more formidable with Kovalchuk, Parise and Clarkson in their lineup than with those guys.
I like a ton of players on the Devils, I'm guessing most have noticed by obsession with Mark Fayne by now, but I don't think Henrique is going to be as good as most Devils fans expect.

He comes out of "nowhere" (50p in the AHL the preceeding year) and puts up good numbers between Kovalchuk and Parise. The numbers then go down the toilet this season when separated.

Now I think he is better than what his 2012-13 numbers indicate, but I think his contract was premature and I'm not convinced that he will amount to more than a 2nd line center.

Old
09-23-2013, 10:06 AM
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE

Sent: Sep 23, 2013 10:54a

Mike Cammalleri, big question for #Flames. Hearing significant injury to his hand. Has missed games and much of pre season.

sent via Twitter for BlackBerry
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/RogMillions/statu...56100545441793

Old
09-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Rills

commercial

The King shows u how to flip your hair and make love to the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmXVsXRvW_A

Old
09-23-2013, 11:41 AM
Blue Blooded

Kadri was also on his way on to the ice:

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 3m

Kadri who had feet over the bench got help in restraint during fights. "Lupes did a good job of keeping me on the bench."

How hilarious would it be if the Leafs got 10 game suspensions to both Kadri and Clarkson. Especially with their cap situation.

Old
09-23-2013, 11:46 AM
Blue Blooded

The Oliers finally got that last piece that will turn them into a true contender.

Old
09-23-2013, 11:51 AM
TheTakedown
Puck is Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
https://twitter.com/MolinariPG

Fleury was average today against Columbus. Pittsburgh has an issue in net.
AS long as they have "I-cant-stop-a-****ing-beachball" in net, they'll continue to have issues in net. FLuery should have been bought out, and the Pens should have went after a goalie...

Byzgalov anyone?

Old
09-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sent: Sep 23, 2013 9:12a

And as @jprutherford says, it's $1.5 million on the one-year deal for Morrow. Bargain for the Blues for that caliber of player

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/s...30431123922944
That caliber of player? $1.5M for a guy who was unsigned until the middle of training camp, looked horrible last year even in a shortened season, and is pretty much held together by duct-tape? LeBrun is clueless.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:50 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec 18m
MacIntyre comes on to Oilers NHL roster. We predict Ryan Jones will be off it, sooner than later.
Did they not just re-sign him?

Old
09-23-2013, 12:53 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
That caliber of player? $1.5M for a guy who was unsigned until the middle of training camp, looked horrible last year even in a shortened season, and is pretty much held together by duct-tape? LeBrun is clueless.
Leadership/veteran for the room. He's an upgrade on Jamie Langenbrunner (which doesn't say much). Morrow had a cracked knee cap last season and is being paid 50k less than Pyatt.

It's not a bad deal.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Did they not just re-sign him?
He's been part of the Penguins' organisation for the past 2 seasons.

Or maybe you were talking about Jones?

Old
09-23-2013, 12:57 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
He's been part of the Penguins' organisation for the past 2 seasons.

Or maybe you were talking about Jones?
Jones.

I knew about McIntyre. They leave him in the minors and bring him up if needed. Not anymore.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:03 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
NHL Transactionist ‏@NHLTransactions 2m
NEW YORK ISLANDERS: Released goaltender Parker Milner from his amateur
tryout.
Milner was a big game goalie at BC

Old
09-23-2013, 01:10 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 5m
"@PollakOnSharks: Been advised Raffi Torres injury coming in not too distant future from #SJSharks."/Lots of rumbles that it's not good.
Torres hurt. Still a great signing?

Old
09-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Torres hurt. Still a great signing?
Well he signed last offseason and was great in his first year. Hard to know when injury strikes. $2M is hardly a big risk.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:17 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Well he signed last offseason and was great in his first year. Hard to know when injury strikes. $2M is hardly a big risk.
Torres was just signed by the Sharks. He was traded to SJ by PHX at the deadline when the Sharks traded the Rangers Clowe. Sounds like an ACL injury.

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 5m
Hearing SJ's Raffi Torres may have ACL injury. No confirmation yet tho Sharks will update soon. If torn, there goes a good chunk of season.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Torres was just signed by the Sharks. He was traded to SJ by PHX at the deadline when the Sharks traded the Rangers Clowe. Sounds like an ACL injury.
Well I had that one dead wrong.

Still, it would've been grave incompetence NOT to re-sign Torres for the cheap rate of $2M/year. No one could predict him injuring himself in camp.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:44 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
I like a ton of players on the Devils, I'm guessing most have noticed by obsession with Mark Fayne by now, but I don't think Henrique is going to be as good as most Devils fans expect.

He comes out of "nowhere" (50p in the AHL the preceeding year) and puts up good numbers between Kovalchuk and Parise. The numbers then go down the toilet this season when separated.

Now I think he is better than what his 2012-13 numbers indicate, but I think his contract was premature and I'm not convinced that he will amount to more than a 2nd line center.
Agree on Henrique. He is the best young forward they have though. By default I expect he's going to get premium ice time.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Bollig's response to Kane's stickhandling video:

Awesome.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Bollig's response to Kane's stickhandling video:

Awesome.

Old
09-23-2013, 02:06 PM
TheTakedown
Puck is Life

Looks like we'll see Tim Thomas playing for the Panthers this year... Might be a BIG surprise for our division considering all of the other question marks in goal for half of the Metro Division (Philly, Pit, Tampa, NYI)...

Keep your eyes peeled on this one!

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...g1M/story.html

Old
09-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
Looks like we'll see Tim Thomas playing for the Panthers this year... Might be a BIG surprise for our division considering all of the other question marks in goal for half of the Metro Division (Philly, Pit, Tampa, NYI)...

Tampa and Florida are in the Atlantic.

Old
09-23-2013, 02:21 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post

Different division, and Thomas is like 57 years old or something.

It's just pain.
Closed Thread