HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Daniel Brière on tout le monde en parle

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2013, 11:58 AM
Adriatic

vCash: 500
I wouldn't go as far as to say it is low quality. It's pretty hard to have 3-4 guests every week and have every interview be quality. Like somebody mentioned earlier the quality of the show is in some way dependent on the participation of the guests. When guests are smart and actively participate in the interview process it can produce incredibly interesting shows and can get very controversial as well.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
The whole interview was kinda cringe worthy...

Guy A. Lepage's jokes were God awful.

Honestly, Gérard Bouchard did a better job at interviewing Brière than Lepage.
Intelligence helps when giving an interview

Old
09-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Honestly, Gérard Bouchard did a better job at interviewing Brière than Lepage.
By asking how he trains during the summer? You are easily pleased.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:48 PM
68*

**** that introduction was terrible. I felt embarrassed for Briere.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:55 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
The introduction is cringe worthy.
My new ringtone!

No, not really...

Old
09-23-2013, 01:01 PM
Gaston Gingras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Just low quality.
Base on What???? Have you ever watched this show?

Old
09-23-2013, 01:16 PM
BigFatPapa

Like any edited show, the quality of the interviews depend on the willingness of the guests to answer the hard-hitting questions. The structure of an edited interview is that you start with the casual questions to make the guest comfortable and then you get into the more interesting stuff but if the guest refuses to answer, you can't show a 15min interview of Briere saying nothing so you show the boring stuff.

Guy A Lepage asked Briere why he signed with the Flyers instead of the Habs a couple of years ago and Briere declined to answer and that wasn't such a tough question. Who knows what else was asked and declined

Old
09-23-2013, 01:18 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Ah, if you live outside Quebec, then it's understandable that you haven't heard of it; obviously.

My bad. I just assumed you were one of those people who just refuse to even integrate with the society they live in.
Knowing of this show is integrating into society? A little reach.

I only know of it because I caught some youtube clips and when people post it. If I didn't post on HF boards, I wouldn't know of it prob.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post

I only know of it because I caught some youtube clips and when people post it. If I didn't post on HF boards, I wouldn't know of it prob.
Honestly, it's almost like the Quebec equivalent of not knowing the existence of Oprah

Old
09-23-2013, 01:45 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatPapa View Post
Like any edited show, the quality of the interviews depend on the willingness of the guests to answer the hard-hitting questions. The structure of an edited interview is that you start with the casual questions to make the guest comfortable and then you get into the more interesting stuff but if the guest refuses to answer, you can't show a 15min interview of Briere saying nothing so you show the boring stuff.

Guy A Lepage asked Briere why he signed with the Flyers instead of the Habs a couple of years ago and Briere declined to answer and that wasn't such a tough question. Who knows what else was asked and declined
I kind of understand Briere, tho. Like he said; even if he tried to explain it, that would just raise more questions and more criticism. People didn't wanted an explanation, they wanted to be mad at him.

Defending yourself openly when people just want to be mad at you never ends well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
Honestly, it's almost like the Quebec equivalent of not knowing the existence of Oprah
Basically that. I am not saying "you should watch it". Hell, I don't even watch it anymore, myself.

But.. if you have lived for years in Quebec and yet never came across the existence of this show, or heard it mentionned, you should re-evaluate your level of integration.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:45 PM
BigFatPapa

Quote:

I wouldn't say that knowing this show = integrating into society. On the other hand, I work in the field of scientific research in Montreal, we only speak english at work and about 2/3 of my colleagues are immigrants or foreign exchange students and since I'm the "local guy", I keep getting questions about the local culture (which I am glad to answer). The two most frequent topics are the rules of hockey and "who was that guy on TLMEP". I honestly have a hard time believing that you can be serious about learning on the culture of Montreal and/or Quebec without running into TLMEP.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:49 PM
BigFatPapa

Quote:
I kind of understand Briere, tho. Like he said; even if he tried to explain it, that would just raise more questions and more criticism. People didn't wanted an explanation, they wanted to be mad at him.

Defending yourself openly when people just want to be mad at you never ends well
Sure, I can understand his standpoint, but it still made for a boring interview. The biggest problem that I have is that appearing on TLMEP has become part of the standard PR tour of public personalities even if they don't have anything interesting to say.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:57 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
I lol'd a bit. Found it strange. I haven't heard a single person speak of the show my entire life. Francophone, Anglophone, no one ever brought it up in person.

Quote:
Basically that. I am not saying "you should watch it". Hell, I don't even watch it anymore, myself.

But.. if you have lived for years in Quebec and yet never came across the existence of this show, or heard it mentionned, you should re-evaluate your level of integration.
Like I said, I know of the show but hardly worried about my level of integration. My father watches French tv constantly and I bet he wouldn't have a clue. I really never ever ever heard anyone bring it up outside of here. I stumbled on a clip on YT at one point but that's about it. I honestly didn't even know the show's name for a while, just recognized the layout and host.

Quote:
I wouldn't say that knowing this show = integrating into society. On the other hand, I work in the field of scientific research in Montreal, we only speak english at work and about 2/3 of my colleagues are immigrants or foreign exchange students and since I'm the "local guy", I keep getting questions about the local culture (which I am glad to answer). The two most frequent topics are the rules of hockey and "who was that guy on TLMEP". I honestly have a hard time believing that you can be serious about learning on the culture of Montreal and/or Quebec without running into TLMEP.
Strange is all I could say. I've worked at companies where I was the only Anglophone there(aka, 99.9% francophone) and I never heard anyone ever bring it up. I guess people obviously knew of it but didn't enjoy the show enough to spark a convo about it.

Old
09-23-2013, 02:00 PM
ThaDevilGirl

This thread is now about the level of integration of people into the Quebec culture.

Who is Daniel Briere?

Old
09-23-2013, 02:04 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
This thread is now about the level of integration of people into the Quebec culture.

Who is Daniel Briere?
I'm not sure but the intro song for him was fantastic. Everyone agrees.

Old
09-23-2013, 02:15 PM
LyricalLyricist

FWIW, I hope a guy like briere goes on RDS or something when he retires. Remove some of the antichambre types and add some fresh voices who are relevant.

Last edited by hototogisu: 09-23-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old
09-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Ice Poutine
I like thoup-Lindros

Now that the TLMEP set is ready for short people then maybe they can lower their set and cameras a bit and bring in Desharnais!

Old
09-23-2013, 02:26 PM
BigFatPapa

Quote:
I lol'd a bit. Found it strange. I haven't heard a single person speak of the show my entire life. Francophone, Anglophone, no one ever brought it up in person.

Like I said, I know of the show but hardly worried about my level of integration. My father watches French tv constantly and I bet he wouldn't have a clue. I really never ever ever heard anyone bring it up outside of here. I stumbled on a clip on YT at one point but that's about it. I honestly didn't even know the show's name for a while, just recognized the layout and host.

Strange is all I could say. I've worked at companies where I was the only Anglophone there(aka, 99.9% francophone) and I never heard anyone ever bring it up. I guess people obviously knew of it but didn't enjoy the show enough to spark a convo about it.
Well, you learn something everyday.
You know about poutine, right?

Old
09-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Ice Poutine
I like thoup-Lindros

Quote:
I do !

Old
09-23-2013, 02:37 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
I haven't integrated that far.

Old
09-23-2013, 03:24 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:

Same here, I guess some people here like to make a big deal about a tv show. Me not watching alot Quebec television helps too.

Old
09-23-2013, 03:25 PM
25get

Quote:

Seems Briere signed with the Flyers because he thought they had a better chance to win the cup.

Pretty sure similar money was on the table.

Old
09-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
My new ringtone!

No, not really...
If my name was Daniel I'd consider it!

Old
09-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Guy Germaine

wow, this thread is awesome btw.
I'm a born and raised Montrealer , and I always wondered why I struggled to integrate into QC society. Now I know; it's because I've never heard of or watched TLMEP.

Pretty sure Bleu Nuit gives me QC cred though.

Old
09-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireBergevin

Closed Thread