HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Oilers claim Steve MacIntyre

Old
09-23-2013, 02:05 PM
rypper
#justwillielogic

vCash: 50
How can you tell he's "afraid" the part where he says perfect or the part where he makes fun of Steve mac?

rypper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Grub
First Line Troll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Waters View Post
you can tell he is afraid because he knows he'll be challenged:

if he declines, then he looks like a puss;

if he accepts, then he gets his block knocked.

tough spot to be in

He can go skating around chasing Kassian all he wants, he can do that. Tough players like Shelly and Neil have just avoided him when being chased.

Again this is Hockey not some MMA league... Like a puss? Come on get real here.

Grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Homesick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerkChicken View Post
A one-line quote shows you without question that he is afraid?!?!

Please elaborate.
The fact that he even acknowledged MacIntyre? He's never played against so obviously he knows what Mac can do to him. If he isnt afraid than he's an idiot....oh wait

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:08 PM
Grub
First Line Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
The Canucks had 3 injuries in the last game alone.

You are one of those guys who post but don't actually watch right?

And never say never. Accidents happen all the time.
What I meant was the Oiler goons actually injuring a Canuck. I don't disagree the Canucks get a lot of injuries during the years. But, we've seen this before, threats on the Sedins, our skilled players that never materialize.

Getting injured pulling groins, blocking shots and getting hit by an errant stick not included.

Old
09-23-2013, 02:09 PM
J Murda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Yeah whatever you say. I'm sure MacIntyre sitting on the bench for 58 minutes will give the Oilers the courage they need to beat the Canucks!
I agree with what Joey said here. Just having him on the bench will make everyone feel a little bit tougher and bring down the intimidation level quite a bit. It's like going to the bar with your one buddy who can beat up anyone...you just feel a little safer.

I also think the Oilers are looking pretty good to beat the Nucks with or without Mac this year. I think they will have their number.

Quote:
Scurry back to the bench? How about scurry around MacIntyre and score?!

I'm sure the Canucks would be ecstatic anytime the Oilers put MacIntyre on the ice w/ the Sedin's.
I doubt Mac would be put on the ice to be a pylon in that situation. People should remember that the instigator penalty is just a rule that can be broken at any given time, and whether someone wants to fight him or not, they might not have that choice if he decided to just start throwing bombs.

Oh yeah, and the refs would blow the whistle at that point so the Sedins would have a tough time scoring.

Anyways, I am freaking excited now about this Pacific division.

J Murda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Grub
First Line Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
The fact that he even acknowledged MacIntyre? He's never played against so obviously he knows what Mac can do to him. If he isnt afraid than he's an idiot....oh wait

Acknowledged Macintyre? What else was he suppose to do when a reporter asked him about MacIntyre, ignore the question? Not acknowledge MacIntyre?

Old
09-23-2013, 02:10 PM
Homesick

MacT on having an enforcer "when I played I think it would have been worth $100,000 a year just to have a cardboard cutout of Dave Brown on the bench"

Old
09-23-2013, 02:11 PM
belair

vCash: 68
Quote:
If the Oilers want to dress Brown, Eager and MacIntyre in the same game, they may as well just hand the other team the 2 points.
Right.

Because your fourth line is the only factor in winning a hockey game.

That's probably why Toronto lost all those games last year dressing McLaren, Orr and Brown....oh, wait....

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:12 PM
vanwest

Quote:
MacT on having an enforcer "when I played I think it would have been worth $100,000 a year just to have a cardboard cutout of Dave Brown on the bench"
MacT played in a different era.
Goons were semi-relevant.
Even then the best Oiler deterrent was Dave Semenko who could play shifts with Gretzky when required. Some of the other Oliers like Messier, Anderson etc could also handle themselves.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Shorthander

Quote:
Its so hard to live in the legendary Canucks shadow. 43+ years?

What to stop Eakins throwing out a line of MacIntyre-Hall-Eberle vs Kassion-Sedin-Sedin?
Kassian better hope he can skate back to the bench really fast.

This isn't a revenge signing at all. Besdies, The Canucks power play will probably be worse this year so even the Oilers don't have much to worry about on the PK
If the Oilers put Mac out with Hall and Eberle it will just further prove how clueless the franchise is. Go ahead and put plugs out with the skill players just because of a high stick and a few hits from Dale freakin Weise in the preseason, see if it wins the game.

And with the Oilers defence and goaltending, I wouldn't give up any unnecessary powerplays...

Shorthander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Quares27

Quote:
Its so hard to live in the legendary Canucks shadow. 43+ years?

What to stop Eakins throwing out a line of MacIntyre-Hall-Eberle vs Kassion-Sedin-Sedin?
Kassian better hope he can skate back to the bench really fast.

This isn't a revenge signing at all. Besdies, The Canucks power play will probably be worse this year so even the Oilers don't have much to worry about on the PK
I highly doubt Eakins wants to waste shifts from Hall and Eberle by playing them with Macintyre

Quares27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Bill Waters*

vCash: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grub View Post

Acknowledged Macintyre? What else was he suppose to do when a reporter asked him about MacIntyre, ignore the question? Not acknowledge MacIntyre?
say he'll accept any challenge by big mac

Bill Waters* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:15 PM
Pointteen

Something is better than nothing in this case. If Smack does his job then perfect. If not, it cost nothing.

Pointteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:18 PM
enuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Waters View Post
say he'll accept any challenge by big mac
He basically did the same thing by publicly getting under MacIntyre's skin first.... pretty ballsy of Kassian.

In other news...Edmonton was already looking for an enforcer prior to this incident.

enuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:18 PM
misfit
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grub View Post
Honestly this is quite comical how many years have the Oilers and fans say that they will injure the Sedins or our other skilled players... still waiting folks, it will never happen.
Oilers AND fans? I'm hoping that's a typo, because I don't believe any Oiler has said they were going to injure the Sedins or any Canuck players.

09-23-2013, 02:20 PM
Free Edler
Soft.

Quote:
..and on the bench would be where he'd stay, especially in the league today. Compared to Macintyre, Dave Brown was Mario Lemieux. So congratulations Edmonton, you've wasted a roster spot on a guy who has hockey skills on par with Joel Rechlicz.

Free Edler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:20 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
MacT played in a different era.
Goons were semi-relevant.
Even then the best Oiler deterrent was Dave Semenko who could play shifts with Gretzky when required. Some of the other Oliers like Messier, Anderson etc could also handle themselves.
Have you watched those games? I used to go to them live with my dad every night, and Cement Head and Brown were both pretty useless hockey players. The thing about Wayne Gretzky is a 12 year old could ice up next to him and look good out there. People used to say around Edmonton that the Oilers would often be playing 5 on 4 1/2 when Semenko was on the ice with Gretzky. Because he wasn't really doing anything other than roaming around the ice glaring at anyone that looked at Gretz funny.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Free Edler
Soft.

A light-midweight like Weise can handle Brown quite well. Brown also sucks at playing hockey if he's out for more than five minutes a night on a team that doesn't totally suck. Ben Eager is nothing more than a liability on any team in the NHL. He belongs on a goon team in the KHL.

Old
09-23-2013, 02:23 PM
Homesick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorthander View Post
If the Oilers put Mac out with Hall and Eberle it will just further prove how clueless the franchise is. Go ahead and put plugs out with the skill players just because of a high stick and a few hits from Dale freakin Weise in the preseason, see if it wins the game.

And with the Oilers defence and goaltending, I wouldn't give up any unnecessary powerplays...
Works for the Canucks with Kassian and the Sedins!
You know the Oilers had a top ten PK last season right(vs. Canucks 22nd pp)?
We also have a goaltender that is happy to play for his team.
MacIntyre will have a role on this team whether his ass is stapled to the bench chirping at guys or actually out on the ice for a few shift a game

Last edited by Homesick: 09-23-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old
09-23-2013, 02:24 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Oilers AND fans? I'm hoping that's a typo, because I don't believe any Oiler has said they were going to injure the Sedins or any Canuck players.
Exactly. Only people who have no respect for sport want to see people get injured. I want the Oilers to play hard against the Sedins, and make them wary to go to the corners or anything like that. I don't want to see the guys get hurt or anything though.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Free Edler
Soft.

Quote:
We also have a goaltender that is happy to play for his team.
So? An unhappy Luongo is still a far better goaltender than Devan Dubnyk, who at his peak is a mid-tier starter.

Old
09-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Connor McOilers
We have the precious

Can he really play? Not so much, but if there is one guy who actually could put fear in to an opposing team it's got to be this guy. He's a god damn psychopath.

Just hope they only employ him against deserving opposition (Kassian, Weise...) and keep real hockey players on the ice most of the time.

Connor McOilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:29 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Have you watched those games? I used to go to them live with my dad every night, and Cement Head and Brown were both pretty useless hockey players. The thing about Wayne Gretzky is a 12 year old could ice up next to him and look good out there. People used to say around Edmonton that the Oilers would often be playing 5 on 4 1/2 when Semenko was on the ice with Gretzky. Because he wasn't really doing anything other than roaming around the ice glaring at anyone that looked at Gretz funny.
I guess I had a different perspective because I saw Gretzky play in Quebec City and Semenko scored two goals and was the first star.
He wasn't a great player but in comparison to players like John Scott and SMac he looked decent.
And then you had enforcers like Bob Probert who could intimidate and still play hockey.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Love
Fire Benning

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan View Post
Kassian will most likely be suspended when the Oilers and Nucks play next. I think Weise will fight Brown. If Weise fights Mac, his career might be over.

The problem is as others have noted no one will fight the guy for obvious reasons. He's huge and has a fantastic punch. He would wreck Sestito and Sestito is a big guy.

The Oilers have been pushed around a lot by Vancouver. It seems they have had enough. The question is does he pull something like Scott did?
See the problem is that its not even Kassian or Weise who are doing any of the "pushing around" (other than Weise's attempted cheapshot), but in the preseason game a couple nights ago it was Edler and Alberts who were tossing the Oiler players around. Kassian ended the game with 0 hits.

Macintyre has absolutely no affect on Edler or Alberts or anyone else who is throwing big, clean hits. Nobody is going to stop and think, "Well, im not going to finish my check here because MacT signed Macintyre." That was the only "pushing around" that happened the other night.

Love is offline   Reply With Quote