HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Music, Books) Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2013, 09:15 PM
B A T M A N
Risen

vCash: 500
So the finale was... ****?

Old
09-22-2013, 09:21 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
So the finale was... ****?
I know you've been the biggest proponent of how crappy the series has been for awhile but I stuck it out anf wanted to see how it ended.

Very lazy writing with tons of loopholes and now that I've seen the absolute last scene, the last 30 seconds was completely useless and insulting to the viewers.

Complete waste of a season. How do you not explore Dexters loved ones and co workers finding out about him being the Bay Harbor Butcher in the final season?!? The finale was probably the worse episode of the season.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Breaking Bad just set itself up for one hell of a finale. I can't even begin to imagine how it will end.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:33 PM
Ripshot 43

I have to avoid this thread till I watch breaking bad. Dvrs later because the lady doesn't watch that with me.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:51 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Thoughts on BB.

Spoil:
So it seems that last week's episode was indeed Walt's lowest point and this episode seemed to just reinforce that further. The finale seems to be heading towards Walt's ego not allowing him to give in or die quietly. Basically it is the rub of why Walt has done everything he has done. He always said it was for his family, but obviously there is another reason. What happened with Greymatter, how his "empire" didn't happen. He wants legacy, he wants to be recognized. So he is off to do something with that big ass machine gun and the ricin. Other side is what is going to happen to Jessie. I HAVE to assume him and Walt will have one last encounter.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:58 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany

Breaking Bad:

Spoil:
That ending music gave me massive wood

Old
09-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
Breaking Bad:

Spoil:
That ending music gave me massive wood
Spoil:
It is the full version of the theme. I have no clue what he is after now though. I can't think he plans on still trying to get money to his family after Walt Jr refused it. Is he going after Elliot? The nazi's? He doesn't know Jessie is still alive. What is Walt's move here?

Old
09-22-2013, 10:06 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Breaking Bad:

Spoil:
im looking forward to winter after those cabin scenes ...........i relate to that luddite way when im in very little contact with others....hibernation

Old
09-22-2013, 10:18 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany

Aaaand Breaking Bad wins the Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series. **** yeah

Old
09-22-2013, 10:21 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Game of Thrones will get its day, though I wish Peter Dinklage won another Emmy. He deserves all the Emmy's.

Old
09-22-2013, 11:08 PM
JK3
ARMY OF PANDOLFOS

Breaking Bad

Spoil:
He better take out the retarded Matt Damon and Jacks crew. I don't think Walt is too proficient with an M60 so I could see him really screw it up and end up using the ricin on himself. It would be more his style to take them out with the ricin stealthily instead of a blaze of glory though. I could also see Walt just kill himself with the ricin after his family rejects him and they end up not getting any of the money which was his plan all along, so he's left with nothing and back to square one basically going out with a whimper like the broken man he started as. No clue about Jesse but I don't think he's going to make it.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:11 AM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

happy birthday bruce. we share the same birthday. we kick ass as a birthday band. ray charles on keys and coltrane on sax yeah. julio igelsias can sing back up first day of fall, first day of libra.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:15 AM
B A T M A N
Risen

Anybody notice the hockey playing in the cabin scene near the end of Breaking Bad? Loved it.

Great episode too. Loved every second of it.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:48 AM
KohoDonuts88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post
I know you've been the biggest proponent of how crappy the series has been for awhile but I stuck it out anf wanted to see how it ended.

Very lazy writing with tons of loopholes and now that I've seen the absolute last scene, the last 30 seconds was completely useless and insulting to the viewers.

Complete waste of a season. How do you not explore Dexters loved ones and co workers finding out about him being the Bay Harbor Butcher in the final season?!? The finale was probably the worse episode of the season.
Just a terrible, terrible season, and one of the worst finales I can remember. What a stupid, stupid ending.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:24 AM
HeliDevil
Bear Down

Quote:
Anybody notice the hockey playing in the cabin scene near the end of Breaking Bad? Loved it.

Great episode too. Loved every second of it.
Yes sir. At the bar? I thought I heard Craig Anderson's name too.

That was a great episode, I can't wait to see how this ends.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:25 AM
MountainGoat
Re-sign Jagr

Dexter lol

I'm still in shock at how awful that was

Old
09-23-2013, 05:40 AM
B A T M A N
Risen

Quote:

Oh yeah, I just wondered how bad the finale was going to be.

Dexter
Spoil:
Episode 1-11 review = 3/10. Episode 12 review = 8/10 without the faking of the death. If he had actually died, it would've been a 9. HORRIBLE decision that was clearly out of cowardice. The writers of Dexter have NO balls. And Dexter of course had to pull a Bruce Wayne on us. That was the single most greatest mistake in the series history. But this finale wasn't anywhere near as bad as the rest of this ****ing season has been. I'll be honest about that.

But hey kids, if you become a serial killer, you can escape justice like Dexter. Just awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
Yes sir. At the bar? I thought I heard Craig Anderson's name too.

That was a great episode, I can't wait to see how this ends.
Yeah, the bar. Looked enough like a cabin too. I definitely heard Craig Anderson's name. I think they were playing the Winnipeg Jets?

Breaking Bad
Spoil:
I don't see it ending too well for anybody. Walt was going to give up, but then he saw Gretchen and Elliot on the news, downplaying his role in their company to save their *****. But it lit a fire under Walt's ass. He didn't just make all that money for his family. He wants a legacy, and to be remembered. So now we know what's coming next. The E9 premiere episode in the first scene we see Walter return home, and his neighbour nearly faints. He's gonna kill everybody.

Speaking of which, **** Walt Jr. My god.

I see him killing Todd and his uncle, alongside the help of Jesse. After the job is done, Jesse kills Walt. Jesse teams up with Todd's boner interest and they make a lot of money from the Czechs. Happy ending. <3

Last edited by B A T M A N: 09-23-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Old
09-23-2013, 06:16 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
I swear, we are going to end up findi g out that the last season of Dexter was written by a 10 year old. You know what... That's insulting to 10 year olds.

I could go on a rant but I won't. Last few seasons got worse and worse but I stuck it out cause there was still signs of life. If there was another season, I wouldn't watch it.

Total crap writing and realism.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohoDonuts88 View Post
Just a terrible, terrible season, and one of the worst finales I can remember. What a stupid, stupid ending.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
Dexter lol

I'm still in shock at how awful that was

I wanted to see how the season was going to end, so I stuck it out. I'm sorry I did...that was seriously the worst final season of a show ever. And that last scene...what exactly was the point??

Thank goodness Breaking Bad knows how to go out with a bang...can't wait to watch last night's episode tonight to make up for the suckage that was Dexter.

Old
09-23-2013, 08:34 AM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
I wanted to see how the season was going to end, so I stuck it out. I'm sorry I did...that was seriously the worst final season of a show ever. And that last scene...what exactly was the point??

Thank goodness Breaking Bad knows how to go out with a bang...can't wait to watch last night's episode tonight to make up for the suckage that was Dexter.
I'm going to do the same. Breaking Bad will wash away the bad taste of Dexter.

I actually woke up this morning and cancelled Showtime because of that poor showing of Dexter. Normally I'd stay on with them for Shameless but I don't want to give them my money anymore. Ray Donovan was really good too (haven't watched the season finale) but I wouldn't sign back up for one show next year. I'll just Netflix season 2 when it comes out. Bye bye Showtime.

Old
09-23-2013, 09:06 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
I'm going to do the same. Breaking Bad will wash away the bad taste of Dexter.

I actually woke up this morning and cancelled Showtime because of that poor showing of Dexter. Normally I'd stay on with them for Shameless but I don't want to give them my money anymore. Ray Donovan was really good too (haven't watched the season finale) but I wouldn't sign back up for one show next year. I'll just Netflix season 2 when it comes out. Bye bye Showtime.
That's definitely what I'm hoping for and from seeing different things about Breaking Bad, I know it will.

Yeah, when I get home I'll be canceling it. I haven't watched Ray Donovan yet, but I'm completely fine waiting on Ray Donovan to come out on Netflix for upcoming seasons. Not worth it to buy Showtime anymore.

Old
09-23-2013, 10:26 AM
B A T M A N
Risen

You don't have to buy premium TV networks. You could always, you know, download illegally. If not, then I suppose Netflix is an okay option if you're patient.

Not sure where all the surprise for Dexter being lackluster is coming from. As I see it, S1/4 were exceptional. 2/3 were flawed but adequate. 5/6/7/8 were a disaster and should have been aborted. I had no expectations so I wasn't disappointed. I just get angry when I watch the show and they still play that same ****ing intro, as if they're trying to tell me that the show will magically become what it was. THE SHOW LIES TO US. CONSTANTLY. **** you Showtime, and **** you Dexter.

Old
09-23-2013, 10:51 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
You don't have to buy premium TV networks. You could always, you know, download illegally. If not, then I suppose Netflix is an okay option if you're patient.

Not sure where all the surprise for Dexter being lackluster is coming from. As I see it, S1/4 were exceptional. 2/3 were flawed but adequate. 5/6/7/8 were a disaster and should have been aborted. I had no expectations so I wasn't disappointed. I just get angry when I watch the show and they still play that same ****ing intro, as if they're trying to tell me that the show will magically become what it was. THE SHOW LIES TO US. CONSTANTLY. **** you Showtime, and **** you Dexter.
I don't like downloading things and I don't want to watch it on my computer...I would just get showtime for the few weeks the show was on and then cancel it. No biggie.

It's not so much a surprise...it's just so disappointing to see a show end the way it did. They should have just ended it with the Trinity season.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:11 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

You did hear Craig Anderson.

Here is the game that was on

http://extramustard.si.com/2013/09/2...ame-from-1998/

Old
09-23-2013, 01:31 PM
RooneyConnSmythe12
Temporary avatar

Quote:

I haven't watched any of season 8 yet but season 7 was bad enough that I'm not surprised by any of what you guys are saying. Maybe I'll just pretend season 8 never happened.

Old
09-23-2013, 02:10 PM
Ripshot 43

To answer/respond to a few...

I don't download stuff illegally. To each his/her own but I don't.

I personally didnt find the previous Dexter seasons as bad or unwatchable as Bruce Wayne has felt but I did see a noticeable drop after season 4. Probably just difficult to live up to the amazing Trinity season but it was still worth watching for me. I think that the terrible writing is really what brought down the show and in turn started to make Michael C Hall even look bad. All in all, I think many people involved in this show were phoning it in for a few seasons now.

Closed Thread