HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Fantasy Hockey

Old
04-29-2013, 10:16 AM
BleedOil83

vCash: 500
Running my annual NHL Playoff Pool, which some members here have participated in. Most of you know I run a few pools around year on a yearly basis and am at least 94.7% likely to not steal your money.

$30, pick 22 skaters and 4 goalies and your roster is set for the playoffs. Very easy to use website that includes a loose salary cap of $105MM. We had 30 entries last year, PM me for more details or login info!

BleedOil83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 11:43 AM
BleedOil83

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOil83 View Post
Running my annual NHL Playoff Pool, which some members here have participated in. Most of you know I run a few pools around year on a yearly basis and am at least 94.7% likely to not steal your money.

$30, pick 22 skaters and 4 goalies and your roster is set for the playoffs. Very easy to use website that includes a loose salary cap of $105MM. We had 30 entries last year, PM me for more details or login info!
My two yearly leagues are currently up and running.

HF Oilers #2 is open to everyone. 20 team max, points league, free to play. Sign up link here:

http://y.ahoo.it/czIFigaX

HF Oiler Rumble - a competitive keeper league in its 7th year, currently seeking 2-3 committed managers who will stick with this. We're also toying with the idea of a pay league this year. PM me if interested with your assurance you're a committed manager.

Members: there's been some talk about rule changes and buy-in on the league message board. Check it out or discuss here as we do need at least a majority for some minor tweaks and a unanimous decision to make it a pay league.

Old
09-23-2013, 03:57 PM
BleedOil83

HF Oilers #2 currently only has 7 managers. I'm tempted to just run it regardless of turnout, since it's a points only league, but if any current managers have no interest, let me know and I'll just scrap the league if we don't get a few more. Sign up link is above.

I'm still looking for two competitive managers for our keeper league which is in its 7th year. Deep stat categories, deep rosters, H2H, keeping just under half of your roster (so not SUPER deep like many keeper/dynasty leagues which draft a slew of prospects). PM me if interested.

HF Oiler Rumble: We have some serious decisions to make about this season, please see the email I sent out via Yahoo below and please respond via email if possible; I'm admittedly very bad at checking HF these days and we're running out of time. Discuss here if you like too.
--
There's been some talk on the message board but that doesn't send notifications so here's a few important items. PLEASE respond to me ASAP so we can set things and get on with it.

1. I'm thinking of changing this to 10 managers. Every year we recruit 2-3 new ones and every year they bail. The complication with this would be how to fairly disperse the two extra rosters. I don't know if it's fair to do a snaking draft but here's a radical idea... What if we just made the players available for draft and we did an auction draft? I've been wanting to try one anyways, it's a cool concept and seems like it would be fun, and this would be an easy way to disperse the keepers fairly. I have had no interest in 2 more managers coming in so this would solve that problem. I'm also open to just a purely random order selected snaking draft, or a weighted priority draft like we did last year (something like bottom few get 3 'balls' in the draw, middle tier 2, top tier 1).

2. Pay league or no pay league? Especially if we keep it at 10, how does everyone feel about throwing even a small $20 down? Payment would be made to me via interac e-transfer.

3. Unless there are many opposed, I'm going to do my suggested increase of 2 keepers, 1 utility and 1 bench spot.

4. Don't forget to select your 12 keepers by the deadline this Friday.

Old
09-23-2013, 04:28 PM
BleedOil83

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOil83 View Post
HF Oilers #2 currently only has 7 managers. I'm tempted to just run it regardless of turnout, since it's a points only league, but if any current managers have no interest, let me know and I'll just scrap the league if we don't get a few more. Sign up link is above.

I'm still looking for two competitive managers for our keeper league which is in its 7th year. Deep stat categories, deep rosters, H2H, keeping just under half of your roster (so not SUPER deep like many keeper/dynasty leagues which draft a slew of prospects). PM me if interested.

HF Oiler Rumble: We have some serious decisions to make about this season, please see the email I sent out via Yahoo below and please respond via email if possible; I'm admittedly very bad at checking HF these days and we're running out of time. Discuss here if you like too.
--
There's been some talk on the message board but that doesn't send notifications so here's a few important items. PLEASE respond to me ASAP so we can set things and get on with it.

1. I'm thinking of changing this to 10 managers. Every year we recruit 2-3 new ones and every year they bail. The complication with this would be how to fairly disperse the two extra rosters. I don't know if it's fair to do a snaking draft but here's a radical idea... What if we just made the players available for draft and we did an auction draft? I've been wanting to try one anyways, it's a cool concept and seems like it would be fun, and this would be an easy way to disperse the keepers fairly. I have had no interest in 2 more managers coming in so this would solve that problem. I'm also open to just a purely random order selected snaking draft, or a weighted priority draft like we did last year (something like bottom few get 3 'balls' in the draw, middle tier 2, top tier 1).

2. Pay league or no pay league? Especially if we keep it at 10, how does everyone feel about throwing even a small $20 down? Payment would be made to me via interac e-transfer.

3. Unless there are many opposed, I'm going to do my suggested increase of 2 keepers, 1 utility and 1 bench spot.

4. Don't forget to select your 12 keepers by the deadline this Friday.
For those interested in joining the keeper league, if we can get 2 managers, these are the players you two will be choosing your 12 keepers from:

S Stamkos
P Kane
N Backstrom (WAS)
J Eberle
T Purcell
T Fleischmann
C Hodgson
J Pominvile
E Kane
D Krejci
P Bergeron
T Ennis
D Brown
D Desharnais
B Saad
M Gaborik
T Selanne
J Jokinen
R O'Reilly
V Tarasenko
V Filppula
P Mueller
S Couturier
S Kostitsyn
P Hornqvist
M Michalek
O Jokinen
D Jones
M Granlund
C Kreider

Justin Schultz
D Hamhuis
J Carlson
C Ehrhoff
D Wideman
M Del Zotto
R McDonagh
J Garrison
J Spurgeon
D Girardi
K Bieksa
B Smith
J Gardiner

J Quick
C Anderson
C Price
C Ward
J Theodore
R Lehner

And for returning managers, see what you think about a possible dispersal. Looking at it like this, there's actually enough talent there for a solid top 8 picks or so, leaving a 10 team snaking draft not terrible. If I don't receive much input regarding the auction draft, or two managers, I think I'm going to just put these guys on the open market and do the weighted lottery draft, standard snaking style.

Old
09-24-2013, 01:52 PM
BleedOil83

HF Oiler Rumble members- there is an important discussion going on at the league's homepage message board - please look and provide input!

REMINDER: Keepers due by Friday!

Old
09-25-2013, 09:48 AM
BleedOil83

HF Oiler Rumble important rule changes, based on discussions with those who gave me input:

- 11 keepers this year, to be increased by one each year until changes are needed/requested. You MUST go set your keepers by this Friday or I will choose them for you myself based on rankings.

- One utility and one bench spot will be added to the rosters

- We are now a 10 team league. Players from the two abandoned teams have enough talent that it works to just add them to the pool of available players and do a standard snaking draft. I'm going to manually determine draft order by picking out of a hat, with a lottery system based on the past TWO years' finishes. All 10 managers remained active so there will be no tanking punishment. A friend is one of our managers and he will witness the draw. The weighting will be as such, for each year.

10th-8th place = 4 entries
7th-6th = 3 entries
5th-4th = 2 entries
3rd-1st = 1 entry

Future year's drafts will have a similar weighting system to determine draft order, if they remain snaking drafts, but tanking will be monitored and you will not be given priority if this happens so stay active! I will likely balance it out a bit more in future years, going 1/2/3 instead of 1/2/3/4.

- We will be doing continuous daily waivers this year, meaning that players will literally always be on waivers and claims will be processed each night. It will work the same as last year in that, if you want to start a player you must put in a claim for them the day before, only this year every manager gets a fair shot to put in a claim at some point that night.

I'm also putting in a FAAB (free agent acquisition budget) of $200. If you're unfamiliar with it, read here (http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?local...ent&id=SLN6118) but basically, you can choose to bid an amount of your budget on any waiver claim. If there are multiple claims on that player, the highest bid wins the player. Losing bids are not deducted from your total and you can bid $0 if you want. I haven't received any feedback on this other than one manager that was iffy on it so if you have any input on this or any of the other issues, please contact me but do it soon as we're getting close to go time.

- I've enabled draft pick trades this year but note that you can't trade any pick in rounds 1-12 as those will be keepers. Round 13 will technically be 'round 1'.

- Finally, there are two polls on the league message board I need you to go vote on, both regarding rule changes for next year. One is if you would be interested in a pay league and, if so, how much; the other is if you'd like to do an auction draft next year.

See you at the draft Sunday at 9PM!

EDIT: T-Hallday, former email itzthebgb at yahoo - I need you to update your league email address.

EDIT 2: The pay league idea is dead; there are two votes against it. Sorry guys! I would be happy to commish another league that starts out as a $50 pay league. We can discuss that in our league this year.

Last edited by BleedOil83: 09-25-2013 at 10:22 AM.