HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

We're Not Terrible?! Oilers win 5-2

Old
09-23-2013, 04:07 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
I dunno. If you think about it, it's pretty ridiculous that we are told to sing the national anthem at sporting events. What is this? Nazi Gemany? It's a relic, an artefact of a bygone wartime era when public displays of mindless jingoism were encouraged, if not outright required. Think about it: is there any other situation when you'd react favourably to being told to demonstrate your patriotism before being allowed to enjoy the entertainment you'd paid so dearly for? Should we have to pledge allegiance before being allowed to enjoy the Springsteen concert? Turn and salute the flag before watching the latest blockbuster in the theatre? Sing the praises of our dear leader before the curtains open on the Broadway show? It's such an outmoded anachronism. I'm surprised more people don't refuse outright than already do.
I couldn't agree more.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 04:30 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
@Skorf K bro, I won't interfere with the Oilers anymore I'll just go rot in my 600,000 1 bedroom apartment and watch the BC Ferries on Ice
I believe you mean fairies... The BC Ferries implies a pretty damn big hockey team

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote