HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes 3 - Habs 1 Tinordi's body is ready

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2013, 04:43 AM
BlackStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
I agree with everything you just said. I'm not saying he's a guaranteed future captain just that he has the potential to be, I also think plekanec should be the next captain. Love those 3 pairings
I dont see how anyone can criticize you for that then. In fact, it is pretty obvious that if the kid becomes the player the Habs expect him to be, he will be a great leader on and off the ice.

I cant say my first post was addressed to you, nevertheless, I am sorry for the verbal beatings you are getting dude, not deserved. Some others in this thread definitely deserve it though lol.

Old
09-23-2013, 04:47 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
I dont see how anyone can criticize you for that then. In fact, it is pretty obvious that if the kid becomes the player the Habs expect him to be, he will be a great leader on and off the ice.

I cant say my first post was addressed to you, nevertheless, I am sorry for the verbal beatings you are getting dude, not deserved. Some others in this thread definitely deserve it though lol.
This.

Old
09-23-2013, 05:01 AM
Narbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
You mean the sensationalist quebec media and ontario based media, designed and outrightly biased against the Canadiens? Take it with a grain of salt. I like the fact that 24CH showed that PK ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I asked for proof, not examples.

But if you want some insight, I suggest you watch 24CH. PK certainly doesn't appear to be this problematic or split teammate many seem to believe he is.
You do both realize that 24CH was essentially from TSN, (Produced by RDS), and the only references I've used so far, right?

So do I take that with a grain of salt as well, as it's the same sensationalist media I've been using.

Old
09-23-2013, 05:05 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narbo View Post
You do both realize that 24CH was essentially from TSN, (Produced by RDS), and the only references I've used so far, right?

So do I take that with a grain of salt as well, as it's the same sensationalist media I've been using.
great profile pic. Is that from something?

Old
09-23-2013, 05:56 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

IMO, subban isn't ready now and could very well never be to be captain and thats fine...

I'd like to see one of gorges, plek and markarov be given the next one. Speaking of which, has there ever been Russian captain in the NHL?

Old
09-23-2013, 06:31 AM
HatTricK09

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
IMO, subban isn't ready now and could very well never be to be captain and thats fine...

I'd like to see one of gorges, plek and markarov be given the next one. Speaking of which, has there ever been Russian captain in the NHL?
Ovechkin?
Kovalchuk was captain for the Trashers as well

Old
09-23-2013, 06:35 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTricK09 View Post
Ovechkin?
Kovalchuk was captain for the Trashers as well
Holy mother of oops...

Well I haven't slept in 31 hours so ill give myself that as an excuse

Old
09-23-2013, 06:46 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narbo View Post
Just for the record, I'm a PK fan and I think he'll be better than Chelios and he'll bring a cup to Montreal.

All I'm saying is he is reported to some have friction with his teammates, not by me, but by those who report on the team. Management is also working "with" PK as well on things none of us are privy too. This isn't new, and there are many sources saying the same thing.

You wanted examples, I gave you some.

Maybe you can enlighten me on how PK is actually perceived by his team, management and the league and why I'm so off base.
You're making a fab start on these boards, with non hockey gossip, that hurts the Habs, even if true. And none of our business. Not impressed by you chum.

Old
09-23-2013, 06:46 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Its between Markarov, Georges, Subburban and Toonirdi for captaincy in the future. Gironta probably wont be resigned after all... And what about Patioretti? Would he be captain material?

Old
09-23-2013, 10:39 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatic View Post
Subban is a great player, a complete stud but no way would I ever let him be the captain of the team. He is too emotional and still has trouble keeping his cool. He is by far our best player but it's easy to see how his personality can annoy the hell out of his teammates. Nothing wrong with that, you can be a great player but just not captain material. I really believe a captain should be more of level headed cool type of personality. It's like Claude Lemieux for example, great player and great playoff performer that any team would have taken...but no way can he captain a team, he annoyed his own teammates almost as much as the opposition. I don't want PK to have to deal with being a captain and get carried away with it like he gets with most things already, let him concentrate on just playing because that's where we need him. The guy is already one of those busy bodies that never shuts up or never stops moving..getting him involved with the captaincy is asking for trouble.
I must have imagined Toews losing his cool and needing Seabrook to calm him down in the POs last year. Ya, I totally dreamed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Yeah, while incredibly premature, I don't understand any resistance to his suitability as potential captain material. Captained his youth team, the US U-18s, and London, and certainly has the demeanor and presence.
It's not that there's resistance. It's that it's too early to the point of being useless. He could just as well end up being O'Byrne. It's also the fact someone said Tinordi is more mature than PK.

Old
09-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Adriatic

Quote:
I must have imagined Toews losing his cool and needing Seabrook to calm him down in the POs last year. Ya, I totally dreamed that.
Yes he lost his cool once but it was never directed at anybody or at any of his teammates, the kid was pissed off with himself. Subban started barking at Pacioretty in front of national tv for a bad pass during the Ottawa series last year..just plain immaturity. You wanna tell him off, fine wait and do it in the dressing room. Plus there's no way you can compare Toews and Subban's personality. I don't think anyone has ever said a bad word against Toews, the guy is beloved by his teammates and fellow hockey players...definitely not the case for Subban.

Old
09-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
1. It's very foolish to start calling for Tinordi to become the next captain of this team.
Did I miss something? Next captain? I think you just typed a whole lot of text about the embarrassment of something that no one is suggesting, lol.

Old
09-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
It's not that there's resistance. It's that it's too early to the point of being useless.
We'll see. He's already on the short list, taking everyone into account that is in the depth chart right now, and all talk is about suitability, not lobbying for him in the next vote, lol.

Old
09-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Yes he lost his cool once but it was never directed at anybody or at any of his teammates, the kid was pissed off with himself. Subban started barking at Pacioretty in front of national tv for a bad pass during the Ottawa series last year..just plain immaturity. You wanna tell him off, fine wait and do it in the dressing room. Plus there's no way you can compare Toews and Subban's personality. I don't think anyone has ever said a bad word against Toews, the guy is beloved by his teammates and fellow hockey players...definitely not the case for Subban.
Wrong. But don't take my word for it, listen to the guy himself:

So you see, you're wrong. That's during a game. So even if the most beloved guy in the NHL can yell and lose his cool, on more than one occasion, even towards his teammates, then it can also happen to PK.

People here have a very narrow view. They only see what happens on our team. But the reality is every single thing you say about PK can be applied to other current Captains. That's a fact buddy, not an opinion.

Old
09-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:

So you see, you're wrong. That's during a game. So even if the most beloved guy in the NHL can yell and lose his cool, on more than one occasion, even towards his teammates, then it can also happen to PK.

People here have a very narrow view. They only see what happens on our team. But the reality is every single thing you say about PK can be applied to other current Captains. That's a fact buddy, not an opinion.
well thats just plain ol checkmate right there.

Old
09-23-2013, 05:04 PM
Grant McCagg

Did Gio announce his retirement or something?

Old
09-23-2013, 05:19 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:

And that's why Kane will never wear a "C".

Old
09-23-2013, 05:26 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Says the poster who's likely never played team sports at a competitive level.

Get a grip, you're embarrassing yourself.

Old
09-23-2013, 05:32 PM
Adriatic

Quote:

Totally different situation. You can forgive Toews for that because first of all he was right and he second he's not a hyper loud mouth kid with an annoying personality that rubs veterans the wrong way. I love Subban and I wish we 10 players like him but he rubs people wrong and he'll never be captain.

Old
09-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Totally different situation. You can forgive Toews for that because first of all he was right and he second he's not a hyper loud mouth kid with an annoying personality that rubs veterans the wrong way. I love Subban and I wish we 10 players like him but he rubs people wrong and he'll never be captain.
So essentially, because Subban is Subban...not like the rest of the players.

Old
09-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
I wish I could say that I'm surprised you tried to find some reasoning why it's okay for Toews but not for PK, but I'm not. Typical and lame.

PK was also absolutely right to yell at MaxPac. Max just gave a sloppy suicide pass to PK that had no interest in receiving the puck. Look at the replay, PK doesn't want the puck because he knows he can get blindsided if he takes it, that's why he does a quick redirect out of harm's way and takes the hit(major props to him for being able to do that btw, but that obviously goes unnoticed..surprise surprise..). Take into account the fact Eller got sent out on a stretcher due to a similar situation just the game before, and it is completely understandable why PK would lash out.

But this just proves the massive double standards. Even people that say they would actually love 10 players like him go out of their way to find excuses when other people do the same damn thing PK does.
It's freaking lame.

Which veteran presence did PK annoy last year exactly?? And bring some actual proof, not ridiculous beliefs spread around by moronic fans and media or hearsay.

BTW, I think lashing out on a teammate because you don't want them to place you in a critical position where their health is actually put in harm's way is a much much much more valid reason than someone wanting the puck on a 5-3. The fact you don't see it that way shows how incredible your double standard is.
Please don't try to argue your way out of this, instead just read, understand, and change your opinion that is completely flawed.

Old
09-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Adriatic

Quote:
I wish I could say that I'm surprised you tried to find some reasoning why it's okay for Toews but not for PK, but I'm not. Typical and lame.

PK was also absolutely right to yell at MaxPac. Max just gave a sloppy suicide pass to PK that had no interest in receiving the puck. Look at the replay, PK doesn't want the puck because he knows he can get blindsided if he takes it, that's why he does a quick redirect out of harm's way and takes the hit(major props to him for being able to do that btw, but that obviously goes unnoticed..surprise surprise..). Take into account the fact Eller got sent out on a stretcher due to a similar situation just the game before, and it is completely understandable why PK would lash out.

But this just proves the massive double standards. Even people that say they would actually love 10 players like him go out of their way to find excuses when other people do the same damn thing PK does.
It's freaking lame.

Which veteran presence did PK annoy last year exactly?? And bring some actual proof, not ridiculous beliefs spread around by moronic fans and media or hearsay.

BTW, I think lashing out on a teammate because you don't want them to place you in a critical position where their health is actually put in harm's way is a much much much more valid reason than someone wanting the puck on a 5-3. The fact you don't see it that way shows how incredible your double standard is.
Please don't try to argue your way out of this, instead just read, understand, and change your opinion that is completely flawed.
I know it's hard for you to accept reality, but the quicker you accept the fact that PK annoys the heck out of his teammates and will never be a captain the quicker you can move forward. Great player just will never be a captain..it's not the end of the world. There are all kinds of personalities that make up a team and some of those just aren't meant to be captains.

Old
09-23-2013, 06:42 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
I know it's hard for you to accept reality, but the quicker you accept the fact that PK annoys the heck out of his teammates and will never be a captain the quicker you can move forward. Great player just will never be a captain..it's not the end of the world. There are all kinds of personalities that make up a team and some of those just aren't meant to be captains.
Move forward from what? Did I ever say PK will be Captain?

You're sidestepping in order to save face. It's lame.
Never even once said PK was going to be Captain, but if you're going to claim that he'll never be, you better come up with better reasons, and no double standards.

Old
09-23-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
That has more to do with 'people' then it does with Subban

Old
09-24-2013, 03:41 AM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
That has more to do with 'people' then it does with Subban
Yeah, I met someone on the weekend who told me he hated Subban's attitude. When I asked why and what's wrong with it all he could respond with was he hates those backside checks he does, and added even though they're legal. It's past something I can't comprehend.

Closed Thread