HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anders Lee to Toronto

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-23-2013, 06:32 PM
  #26
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 16,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Franson is going to be a ufa next summer.
What are Franson's contract demands on a multi yr extenson?

Isles have one spot open on the blueline and although they have been talking as if it is Donovan's to lose, Reinhart has been pretty impressive.

I don't see Snow moving Lee for one yr of Franson.
IDK I think I've heard Leafs fans say Franson wants 2.5m or so. I don't see the Isles dealing Lee either. I'm pretty confident he's a safe 3rd liner as a worse case scenario. It will be interesting to see how he does in Bridgeport and if his offense develops there.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 06:44 PM
  #27
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,413
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
IDK I think I've heard Leafs fans say Franson wants 2.5m or so. I don't see the Isles dealing Lee either. I'm pretty confident he's a safe 3rd liner as a worse case scenario. It will be interesting to see how he does in Bridgeport and if his offense develops there.
That is a lower salary demand then I expected because Franson would be signing into his ufa yrs.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 06:45 PM
  #28
veedubn1
Registered User
 
veedubn1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,629
vCash: 500
It blows my mind when other Leaf fans pine for another teams 3rd/4th line prospect... as if we didn't have a stable of them already on the Marlies.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 06:51 PM
  #29
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 38,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
It blows my mind when other Leaf fans pine for another teams 3rd/4th line prospect... as if we didn't have a stable of them already on the Marlies.

Yeah, because that is definitely all Lee can be....

__________________
Man, do I ever miss Oleg Kvasha. If Oleg was here, everything would be OK.
Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 06:57 PM
  #30
thomashefe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Did you miss the part where everybody commented that he is not available in a trade?
dude, your non top 50 prospect is without a doubt available for the right price. to say otherwise is ignorant. there are very, very few assets in the nhl who are truly 'not available'...so if youre gonna be pissy in your reply, at least make sure you are saying something that isn't stupid. mods might edit this, but 'not available' is said way too much and from my readings on these boards, is a good indicator of total homer.

anders lee has decent value, but his lack of physicality and not outstanding numbers (ppg as a 22 year old) put him into above average prospect territory.

thomashefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 07:11 PM
  #31
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,413
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomashefe View Post
dude, your non top 50 prospect is without a doubt available for the right price. to say otherwise is ignorant. there are very, very few assets in the nhl who are truly 'not available'...so if youre gonna be pissy in your reply, at least make sure you are saying something that isn't stupid. mods might edit this, but 'not available' is said way too much and from my readings on these boards, is a good indicator of total homer.

anders lee has decent value, but his lack of physicality and not outstanding numbers (ppg as a 22 year old) put him into above average prospect territory.
Lee plays a very physical game. I am not sure where you got your scouting report from.

And while he is not untouchable, why would Snow in a youth movement, trade the youngster who is just starting his pro career, but has no real value?
Snow is not looking for vets , with a glut of youngsters he is not looking for more prospects/picks

Does Toronto want the unproven Lee badly enough , that they will offer up a young nhler who is an upgrade on what Snow has on his roster?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 07:21 PM
  #32
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,142
vCash: 500
Not really the type of player the Islanders should trade unless they get a deal to good to give up. Basically the Islanders sorely lack big physical players up front and he is one of the 2 guys who fits that bill(Nelson is the other)

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 07:25 PM
  #33
veedubn1
Registered User
 
veedubn1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Yeah, because that is definitely all Lee can be....
I'm not limiting his potential but it's the most likely outcome if he makes the NHL.

The Leafs have many prospects in the same boat... if EVERYTHING works out they could be a second liner one day.. but more than likely they'll be 3rd/4th liners if they make the NHL.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 07:27 PM
  #34
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,511
vCash: 500
I think there is a good chance he'll be Moulson's replacement if he leaves next year.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 07:31 PM
  #35
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 15,438
vCash: 500
Lee's value is not worth moving him....He might become way better then expected or he might not but imo its better to hang on to him.

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 08:16 PM
  #36
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 38,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
I'm not limiting his potential but it's the most likely outcome if he makes the NHL.

The Leafs have many prospects in the same boat... if EVERYTHING works out they could be a second liner one day.. but more than likely they'll be 3rd/4th liners if they make the NHL.

I think you are trying to say he is an OK prospect who has only a modest chance of making the NHL, like a lot of the mid-tier prospects in the Leafs and Isles organizations.

Pretty much spot on. I can't argue with you.

The problem is that you can let guys like that go, and they bring your organization almost nothing in return (because they are not can't miss enough to have value), and then one or two will develop and you'll be burned!

But, I do think your larger point is fair.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 08:18 PM
  #37
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 38,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Not really the type of player the Islanders should trade unless they get a deal to good to give up. Basically the Islanders sorely lack big physical players up front and he is one of the 2 guys who fits that bill(Nelson is the other)

Yup! All the young physical guys we have project to the third/fourth line (Martin, Cizikas). Nelson and Lee are the only guys with size and grit who have a good shot at the top six.

This is why I hated what happened with Nino.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 08:23 PM
  #38
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 38,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
IDK I think I've heard Leafs fans say Franson wants 2.5m or so. I don't see the Isles dealing Lee either. I'm pretty confident he's a safe 3rd liner as a worse case scenario. It will be interesting to see how he does in Bridgeport and if his offense develops there.
The Isles apparently choose to let the few games he played last year burn up a year of his entry level contract. So, that tells me the Isles don't see him as a sure-thing.

I don't think he is available because of the cost benefit equation, but I also don't think Isles management is sold on him yet.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 08:31 PM
  #39
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,413
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
The Isles apparently choose to let the few games he played last year burn up a year of his entry level contract. So, that tells me the Isles don't see him as a sure-thing.

I don't think he is available because of the cost benefit equation, but I also don't think Isles management is sold on him yet.
I thought the isles agreed to burn that 1st yr off his ELC because he was in position to do what Justin Shultz did: become a ufa.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 08:34 PM
  #40
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 38,777
vCash: 500
That's what I though too, Crew. But, at IPB, they were claiming it was about the Isles lack of confidence in Lee.

Your explanation would be a whole lot more sense though. One would not have thought he'd get called up at a critical part of the year if the Isles had major doubts.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 04:28 PM
  #41
Cacciaguida
Registered User
 
Cacciaguida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResilientBeast View Post
Wow, I knew the name but never much about him, sounds like he'd be a perfect fit for the oilers.

What would you want?
although I doubt he'll be dealt, I'll entertain the offer.

I'd say one of your better goalie prospects and a physical depth forward prospect. (Someone with a chance of making it, not a longshot.)

He's going to be a third liner soon, if he works at it he could be knocking at a second line spot.

He'd definitely fit well in Edmonton.

Cacciaguida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 04:49 PM
  #42
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,413
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacciaguida View Post
although I doubt he'll be dealt, I'll entertain the offer.

I'd say one of your better goalie prospects and a physical depth forward prospect. (Someone with a chance of making it, not a longshot.)

He's going to be a third liner soon, if he works at it he could be knocking at a second line spot.

He'd definitely fit well in Edmonton.
Poulin- coming off a disappointing 2012-2013. Likely will be Nabby's backup in 2013-2014.

Nilson- had a mystery illness in 2012-2013. It turned out to be B12 vitamin defiency and glutten allergies. He is expected to fully recover. He had a solid 2013-2014 training camp, will be logging a lot of Bridgeport mins.

Petersen- drafted in 2013.

McAdam- drafted in 2013.

I am going to disagree that Snow would trade Lee for a goalie prospect. He just drafted two in June 2013 and expects Nilson to fully recover.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 06:58 PM
  #43
SchultzSquared
Registered User
 
SchultzSquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Poulin- coming off a disappointing 2012-2013. Likely will be Nabby's backup in 2013-2014.

Nilson- had a mystery illness in 2012-2013. It turned out to be B12 vitamin defiency and glutten allergies. He is expected to fully recover. He had a solid 2013-2014 training camp, will be logging a lot of Bridgeport mins.

Petersen- drafted in 2013.

McAdam- drafted in 2013.

I am going to disagree that Snow would trade Lee for a goalie prospect. He just drafted two in June 2013 and expects Nilson to fully recover.
Surprises Islanders fan would preach against goalie options after what happened to DiPi... yes you have (some) depth today... but as you show the picture is like this...

NHL 1- Nabokov
NHL 2- Poulin

AHL 1- Nilson (hopefully)
AHL 2- ?

ECHL 1-?
ECHL 2-?

Euro 1- Koskinen
Euro 2- ?

Junior 1- Petersen
Junior 2- McAdam

NCAA 1- Williams
NCAA 2- Rosen

That really is not much 'depth' at all... especially when the juniors are so young and 3-4 years out at least

The Oilers can offer prospects that way... worldbeaters no but they are options for the future and will plug into the pro game right now where the biggest gap is

Olivier Roy- AHL starter now maybe NHL backup
Tyler Bunz- ECHL starter now maybe NHL backup
Frans Tuohimaa- FEL starter now AHL starter next year
Niko Hovinen- KHL starter now maybe NHL backup
Ty Rimmer- (FA signing) AHL backup


I would offer any two of them + Tyler Pitlick + 2015 2nd for Lee

SchultzSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 07:17 PM
  #44
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,413
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
Surprises Islanders fan would preach against goalie options after what happened to DiPi... yes you have (some) depth today... but as you show the picture is like this...

NHL 1- Nabokov
NHL 2- Poulin

AHL 1- Nilson (hopefully)
AHL 2- ?

ECHL 1-?
ECHL 2-?

Euro 1- Koskinen
Euro 2- ?

Junior 1- Petersen
Junior 2- McAdam

NCAA 1- Williams
NCAA 2- Rosen

That really is not much 'depth' at all... especially when the juniors are so young and 3-4 years out at least

The Oilers can offer prospects that way... worldbeaters no but they are options for the future and will plug into the pro game right now where the biggest gap is

Olivier Roy- AHL starter now maybe NHL backup
Tyler Bunz- ECHL starter now maybe NHL backup
Frans Tuohimaa- FEL starter now AHL starter next year
Niko Hovinen- KHL starter now maybe NHL backup
Ty Rimmer- (FA signing) AHL backup


I would offer any two of them + Tyler Pitlick + 2015 2nd for Lee
Poulin will be asked to play 25 or so games this season. Nilson will get his chance by logging a ton of AHL icetime.

If they falter, don't show they are ready to take over for Nabby, I expect Snow to turn to the ufa market next summer when Hiller, Halek , Elliott and Miller will be ufas.

I think there very little chance Snow trades Lee for a goalie prospect. He just traded Nino and has Moulson scheduled to be a ufa. Kabanov has followed up an injury filled disapointing 2012-2013, with a quiet and disappointing training camp. Lee developing into a potential 2nd line lw, is a lot more important then adding another goalie prospect.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 07:20 PM
  #45
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 38,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
Surprises Islanders fan would preach against goalie options after what happened to DiPi... yes you have (some) depth today... but as you show the picture is like this...

NHL 1- Nabokov
NHL 2- Poulin

AHL 1- Nilson (hopefully)
AHL 2- ?

ECHL 1-?
ECHL 2-?

Euro 1- Koskinen
Euro 2- ?

Junior 1- Petersen
Junior 2- McAdam

NCAA 1- Williams
NCAA 2- Rosen

That really is not much 'depth' at all... especially when the juniors are so young and 3-4 years out at least

The Oilers can offer prospects that way... worldbeaters no but they are options for the future and will plug into the pro game right now where the biggest gap is

Olivier Roy- AHL starter now maybe NHL backup
Tyler Bunz- ECHL starter now maybe NHL backup
Frans Tuohimaa- FEL starter now AHL starter next year
Niko Hovinen- KHL starter now maybe NHL backup
Ty Rimmer- (FA signing) AHL backup


I would offer any two of them + Tyler Pitlick + 2015 2nd for Lee

I don't see Lee as having trade value a whole lot higher than a 2nd rounder to be honest. He is a good prospect, but still a bit of a project. But, of course, the logic of trading a prospect who is maybe a year out, and who the organization has carefully developed, for a 2nd rounder is not there.

There is no real value in any of the rest of the marginal assets you offer up. So, I basically see the sum value of the deal as a tiny bit more than a 2nd rounder. No interest in Tyler Pitlick. And, there is also zero appeal in a AHL goalies you project to one day be NHL backups or ECHL guys who may one day climb up to the AHL.

Not giving us much to work with here.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 07:26 PM
  #46
LotteryForLife*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenJagrt View Post
Anders Lee has intrigued me for a few years. An exceptional multi-sport athlete (All-state quarterback, all-state pitcher, and I believe a speed skater) and student who ended up choosing the hockey route. A 6'3, 220 pound center who skates well for a big man. Scoring touch, not the most physical but certainly not shy.


What would it take from a Leafs perspective to acquire him? No, he isn't the most well known prospect and he won't likely be the next Lindros or anything close, but he is a player that interests me.
We are also intrigued by him so pick a drastic overpayment and throw it out there. We still might say no

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 07:30 PM
  #47
startainfection
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 7,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict Kovalchuk View Post
Isles are pretty weak as far as prospect LWs goes, and more importantly, the Isles have been patiently waiting on the Anders Lee project for years and years now. It'd just seem foolish and a waste to trade low on him and not see how he'll pan out after this long.

the isles have a handful of left wing prospects

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 07:35 PM
  #48
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Johnny Rockets
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 17,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
the isles have a handful of left wing prospects
They only really have Kabanov and Lee. After that it's not very high quality.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 07:41 PM
  #49
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 38,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
the isles have a handful of left wing prospects
Other than Lee and Kabanov (who is apparently having a weak camp), what prospects do we have?

In terms of organizational prospect depth, Isles very strong on defense, very strong at center, passable at goalie, and very weak on the wings.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 08:39 PM
  #50
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Johnny Rockets
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 17,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Other than Lee and Kabanov (who is apparently having a weak camp), what prospects do we have?

In terms of organizational prospect depth, Isles very strong on defense, very strong at center, passable at goalie, and very weak on the wings.
I've always wanted to convert Sundstrom to RW, but the team seems adamant at keeping him as a C.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.