HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread (Part 5)

Closed Thread

Old
09-07-2013, 09:18 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
You arent hearing much i reckon is because like Crawford admitted, he has no clue how it will play out until he gets into live action and not some photo op where the goalies are playing around to see how they feel and dropping into basic saves to see how it covers the angle.

When 5 goalies attend all living in Montreal are the only ones to show to this very valuable camp and are going to gain an advantage, it must mean something about all the goalies in the league.
Not to mention that he was in the process of getting married this summer.

Old
09-07-2013, 11:56 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
He didn't outplay Thomas. Played well for the most part, but Thomas IMO made bigger saves in that series.
That's fair,specially about Thomas making a lot of big saves, but Price had better numbers, playing on a team where Moen Darche where getting top 6mins and with Spacek, Mara and Sopel where dmen.

Point being for most of the past 3 years he has been decent expect for the last stretch last year.

Old
09-07-2013, 12:00 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Rolland Melanson and Jacques Martin . Look them up yourself because apparently you have been under a rock for several years and could use the google practice.
This was true in 09-10 I believe, and I believe in his rookie year Markov laid into him.

But many said that in the 09-10 playoffs when Price was benched is when he took everything more seriously, remember reading he was one of the hardest workers in practices, and he was the one that called out SKost for not working hard enough, Skost who got sent more because of it that post season.

but since then I have not once read anyone say anything bad about Price practice habits, or questioning his work ethics.

Old
09-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
He said that goalies like Henrik, Quick, Rask, Miller, Howard and others started to be considered in the "elite" when they were 26 years old or older than that. They started to have great seasons when they were all 25+, that's a fact and the absolute truth.
LOL! No it's not. If you discovered them late, that's your problem pal.

Old
09-15-2013, 03:58 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/j...uipment-rules/

Feedback on the new pads. Seems they do need some practice time on these things.

Old
09-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
He didn't outplay Thomas. Played well for the most part, but Thomas IMO made bigger saves in that series.
Both played great and Price was just as good.

Thomas though had the advantage of sitting behind Chara. He makes a huge difference man. Standing in front of the Bruins net is not a safe place to be. Toews did it and won. But he had to pay the price to do it and our guys aren't willing (or capable) of doing that. And we don't do nearly enough to protect our goalies. I don't care if it's Price or whoever... our D needs to be addressed.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:11 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
Best goalie in the league? Crosby says it's Price.

Old
09-22-2013, 05:55 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Blockbuster time ??

After what Crosby said, maybe it would be time to move on to another goaltender.
Price is the unluckiest goaltender i have ever seen, but as my Dad would say " one creates their own luck ". I have always been a Price defender, so this is new to me.

Old
09-23-2013, 02:21 AM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Habs need a goalie, Price struggles with the soft goals...a problem that has plagued him in the NHL, not to mention his craptacular Playoff record.

Montreal Canadiens are being robbed 6.5 Million per season for a dud.

Carey Price is the Patrice Brisebois of goaltenders.

PS, I wouldn't mind Carey making me eat my words.

Old
09-23-2013, 03:25 AM
Adriatic

I could care less about stats when it comes to Carey, the only thing I want is that he plays well when it counts..which he still hasn't proven he can do. Don't care if he finishes the year with a 0.50 GAA and a 950 save % if craps the bed again in the playoffs. I would prefer he plays like crap all year long and then wakes up in the playoffs. I am even willing to forgive soft goals if we still manage to win. The problem is too many times he allows bad goals at the worst possible times...like in a tie game with 5 min left BAM a stinker! If we are up 5-0 don't care if he lets in 4 stinkers as long as we win. Too many times when the team needs him the most to make a big save he just lets the team down.

Old
09-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Genesis76

vCash: 50
Drafting the best availabe goalie last draft is a sign we dont have much confidence in our Pricey. We just hope he bounces back.

Old
09-23-2013, 07:57 AM
Geecko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis76 View Post
Drafting the best availabe goalie last draft is a sign we dont have much confidence in our Pricey. We just hope he bounces back.
Yes, drafting the best goalie available who, in my opinion, was also BPA and filling a need in our prospect pool totally means we have no confidence in Price...

Old
09-23-2013, 08:34 AM
HatTricK09

vCash: 133
Quote:
It never hurts to have a backup plan. What if Price gets injured, or wanted out, we'd be left with a huge hole without a good depth.
It's also good to have competition, someone who will push him for his position

The more assets the better

Old
09-23-2013, 10:58 AM
AH

Quote:
The Devils drafted JF Damphousse in the 1st round in 1997 two years after Brodeur won a Cup. I am sure the Devils were showing a lack of confidence????

There are other examples...

Old
09-23-2013, 02:04 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
My god we need an entrance exam for this website.

Old
09-23-2013, 03:00 PM
hersky77

Quote:
No it just means we are filling a spot in our prospect pool that needed a major upgrade.

Old
09-23-2013, 03:06 PM
StellerEller
Playoffs!

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Just spat out my drink.

Old
09-23-2013, 03:18 PM
samsquanch9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Just spat out my drink.
what. it wasnt even funny

Old
09-23-2013, 03:30 PM
StellerEller
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsquanch9 View Post
what. it wasnt even funny
I found it funny.

Old
09-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'm sure I was just as bad when I joined. Oh wait, I'm still pretty bad.

Old
09-23-2013, 03:39 PM
nhlfan9191

Price still looks over active. I'm concerned about him this season. I really hope we aren't screwed on his contract. The first thing I would tell him to do is get rid of his equipment endorsement and go back to wearing Vaughn. Much like when we had Theodore as a starter and he took that stupid deal with Itech. People may not think this is a big deal but it actually can make a huge difference.

Old
09-23-2013, 03:43 PM
StellerEller
Playoffs!

Price should have a fine season as long as our blueline stays healthy. The big blowout games were often the result of terrible clearing attempts and bad defense (Other times it was him obviously). IMO he'll never be Elite, but he is well above average and it's not like there are better options available. Hopefully he gets off to a good start and can shut up the whiners.

Old
09-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Price should have a fine season as long as our blueline stays healthy. The big blowout games were often the result of terrible clearing attempts and bad defense (Other times it was him obviously). IMO he'll never be Elite, but he is well above average and it's not like there are better options available. Hopefully he gets off to a good start and can shut up the whiners.
Honestly, as long as we have guys like Markov, Bouillon, Diaz and Gorges, our goaltenders will be in trouble, moreso in the playoffs. I can't wait until we have a more physical defense that can actually stand up for our goalie when it counts. Right now we have Subban, our best offensive defenseman playing the rough game, Murray, an aging vet, and Tinordi, a rookie with size who hasn't yet made the full time jump to the big team. Regular season is nothing to sneeze at, but it's nothing like the playoffs. In wars, you need soldiers not peasants. And our goalies suffer.

Old
09-23-2013, 05:21 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Price still looks over active. I'm concerned about him this season. I really hope we aren't screwed on his contract. The first thing I would tell him to do is get rid of his equipment endorsement and go back to wearing Vaughn. Much like when we had Theodore as a starter and he took that stupid deal with Itech. People may not think this is a big deal but it actually can make a huge difference.
Actually Price is very strong using his leg pads, his footwork is the best part of his game. He's got other problems though.

Old
09-23-2013, 06:10 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Actually Price is very strong using his leg pads, his footwork is the best part of his game. He's got other problems though.
Yes his problem is he gives up a deflection goal per game.
I have never seen a goalie give up so many weak goals and it's always the first goal against.

Closed Thread