HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXVII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2013, 04:48 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

vCash: 50
Will there be a hearing for Kessel?

Old
09-23-2013, 04:48 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
1.5 for one year of Brendan Morrow. I think that's a pretty good deal. I would've liked that for us. Don't know if we talked to him but at that price I don't see how we could've gone wrong on that one.
I doubt he wanted to sign here, he seems to be the type that would want to sign with a cup contender.

Call me crazy but I'd have given Briere's contract to Morrow. Seems like such a logical fit in the top 9 and allows Bourque to move back to RW and face more suitable D minutes.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Bourque/Gallagher
Morrow - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Bourque/Gallagher

Old
09-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Hugo Sham

vCash: 500
i know we hype our players but what the ****, is Clarkson suddenly god? he's basically Moen tough with better scoring hands

Old
09-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
i know we hype our players but what the ****, is Clarkson suddenly god? he's basically Moen tough with better scoring hands
i dont know but if hes suspended 10 games he basically just lost a house (500-600k)

Old
09-23-2013, 05:21 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
Will there be a hearing for Kessel?
They better suspend that little creep.

Clear intent to injure.

Old
09-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
That's actually not true. When the first slash occurred, there was a good separation between them. If he wanted, he could easily skated away from Scott and it will literally take about 1 second before his teammates comes to the rescue.

Actually, if you watch the replay, Scott never touch Kessel after the first contact. The last contact between them was the two slashes. So to say Kessel had not choice is just not true.

First contact was made inside the face-off circle, Kessel immediately skated back and gave the FIRST slash, and Scott was already jumped by TWO Leafs, then 2nd slash occurred, while Scott was already tied up.

Count the second, how much time did it took the Leafs player to jump on Scott?

Scott was FARRRRRR from being on top of Kessel.
Finally a vid of the 'incident'... which is already old news.

2nd slash was not necessary, imo.

Old
09-23-2013, 05:32 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
i dont know but if hes suspended 10 games he basically just lost a house (500-600k)
... not in Toronto.

Old
09-23-2013, 05:32 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
They better suspend that little creep.

Clear intent to injure.
10 - 20 games !! looked like he was chopping down a tree with those swings.

Old
09-23-2013, 05:37 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
10 - 20 games !! looked like he was chopping down a tree with those swings.
It's a Leaf, he will get 2-3 games, and get ready for opening night...

Old
09-23-2013, 05:45 PM
PunkinDrublic*

I can't believe there are some Habs fans here who are defending what the Leafs did ?

I wonder what they are going to say when these baffoons pull this BS against the Habs ?

They think they are going to be like the Bruins, except the only difference is the Bruins have talent.

Old
09-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Dekar

I'm not sure I've ever hated a hockey player more than Kadri in my life. Possibly even more than I hate this guy for what he did:

(skip to 30 seconds if you haven't seen it before)

Old
09-23-2013, 05:56 PM
DJ Breadman

I thought they made a good point on primetime sports, the leafs have brought some of this own themselves, they have tried to build a team on toughness and they have told that to anyone who will listen, they have two goons in their lineup and a big part of their game is fighting, so the other teams in the division have gone out and picked up goons too

Old
09-23-2013, 05:57 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
He engaged with a combatant of another fight with his stick blade, are you ok with that? Should players be able to shove their sticks into players being restrained by the officials, or otherwise paired up with someone else.

No, Kessel took on Scott with his stick when it was safe to do so. Not very impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakaar10iemechx2012 View Post
I can't believe there are some Habs fans here who are defending what the Leafs did ?

I wonder what they are going to say when these baffoons pull this BS against the Habs ?

They think they are going to be like the Bruins, except the only difference is the Bruins have talent.
At one point, rivalry needs to take a break and let's analyse hockey as it would be between 2 OTHER teams. Sorry, but my analysis has to be better than...."I hate the Bruins and the Leafs, hence everything they do is bad, everything my team does is great". I mean, THEY might be like that...I hoped we could be different....

The day they are the aggressors and play stupid against us, they will be just that....stupid and dumb. Yet, what they might be doing or have done in the past does not change the fact that on that day, they were not the worst....

Old
09-23-2013, 06:00 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Sorry WS with all due respect. It has nothing to do with the fact i might or might not dislike the Leafs. What Kessel did was stupid. Scott wasn't going to start whaling on his noggin. And he knew that. I don't want to hear the BS about how he was afraid for his safety. That's a farce. The Leafs are a ********* organisation, and playing the way that idiot Carlisle wants them to play.

Old
09-23-2013, 06:11 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
At one point, rivalry needs to take a break and let's analyse hockey as it would be between 2 OTHER teams. Sorry, but my analysis has to be better than...."I hate the Bruins and the Leafs, hence everything they do is bad, everything my team does is great". I mean, THEY might be like that...I hoped we could be different....

The day they are the aggressors and play stupid against us, they will be just that....stupid and dumb. Yet, what they might be doing or have done in the past does not change the fact that on that day, they were not the worst....
If it were the Carolina Hurricanes playing the Florida Panthers and one of the players took swings like that at another player with a stick, my reaction and opinion would be the same.

That type of **** does not belong in the NHL.

Bruins fans apologized for Chara with Pacioretty.

Leafs fans are apologizing for Kessel.

Surprisingly, so are a lot of Canadiens fans.

Old
09-23-2013, 06:12 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

I'm still laughing at Kadri's comments.

Old
09-23-2013, 06:13 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Sorry WS with all due respect. It has nothing to do with the fact i might or might not dislike the Leafs. What Kessel did was stupid. Scott wasn't going to start whaling on his noggin. And he knew that. I don't want to hear the BS about how he was afraid for his safety. That's a farce. The Leafs are a ********* organisation, and playing the way that idiot Carlisle wants them to play.
You don't know that. And how would you know?

Scott is paid to punch people's face. Why should Kessel believe he would do anything else?

Kessel's 2nd slash as petty, useless and stupid, but there's only one way of defending yourself against a ****ing juggernaut who wants to kill you with his fist: you fight dirty.

Old
09-23-2013, 06:14 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
I'm still laughing at Kadri's comments.
What did he say ?

Old
09-23-2013, 06:15 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
what did he say ?
"leafs' kadri: Lupul held him back from jumping into melee"

Old
09-23-2013, 06:17 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
You don't know that. And how would you know?

Scott is paid to punch people's face. Why should Kessel believe he would do anything else?

Kessel's 2nd slash as petty, useless and stupid, but there's only one way of defending yourself against a ****ing juggernaut who wants to kill you with his fist: you fight dirty.

Because thats an unwritten rule in hockey. A goon the size of Scott will not start pummeling him. But he will throw him around like a ragdoll. And i am pretty darn sure that Kessel said something to Scott also.

Old
09-23-2013, 06:18 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
"leafs' kadri: Lupul held him back from jumping into melee"
You didnt know Kadri considers himself a tough guy ?

Old
09-23-2013, 06:21 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Because thats an unwritten rule in hockey. A goon the size of Scott will not start pummeling him. But he will throw him around like a ragdoll.
Geez. There's an UNWRITTEN rules. I am sure that is really reassuring, because we all know just how much hockey players like to respect these unwritten rules.

Quote:
And i am pretty darn sure that Kessel said something to Scott also.
So, you are saying that Scott WOULD have punched Kessel's face, 'cause he was justified? Please make sense in your argument, would Scott have punched in Kessel's face or not? In one sentence, you say he wouldn't. But in the other, you say he would have.

Kessel panicked, but I can hardly blame him. Would have reacted the same if a guy a feet taller than me came my way and openly told me he would beat me up.

Old
09-23-2013, 06:23 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Geez. There's an UNWRITTEN rules. I am sure that is really reassuring, because we all know just how much hockey players like to respect these unwritten rules.

So, you are saying that Scott WOULD have punched Kessel's face, 'cause he was justified? Please make sense in your argument, would Scott have punched in Kessel's face or not? In one sentence, you say he wouldn't. But in the other, you say he would have.

Kessel panicked, but I can hardly blame him. Would have reacted the same if a guy a feet taller than me came my way and openly told me he would beat me up.
Well that was a waste of time.. grats you win !

Old
09-23-2013, 06:24 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Well that was a waste of time.. grats you win !
Agreed. When you make an argument, try not to contradict yourself in one single paragraph.

Old
09-23-2013, 06:28 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
If it were the Carolina Hurricanes playing the Florida Panthers and one of the players took swings like that at another player with a stick, my reaction and opinion would be the same.

That type of **** does not belong in the NHL.

Bruins fans apologized for Chara with Pacioretty.

Leafs fans are apologizing for Kessel.

Surprisingly, so are a lot of Canadiens fans.
I'd love to see your reaction if a giant 6'9'' mammoth would be heading towards you wanting to fight.....If Chara goes, drops it and throw punches at Gallagher, I'd have no problem seeing Gallagher slash Chara's ankles. And if Parros would try to fight Torey Krug, I'd have no problem seeing Krug do the same.

I mean, I keep hearing how it's just a part of the game. How you have to respond to physicality. Well if the idea is that you need to be prepare for the Scott of this world to attack you 'cause they have to do something for their team, well the said goon should be prepared to be slashed if the guy they are targetting has no idea how to fight.....they do know how to slash though....

Closed Thread