HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL: OMG HOCKEY Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Jackson Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
As for the Toronto clip. Devane kicking Tropp's ass is why Scott went for Kessel. Devane is a goon. Tropp's been an on the cusp player with the Sabres for a while. He's a bit feisty but that was a major mismatch and seeing your guy get hurt maybe seriously by a more or less talentless player pisses teams off--a lot--and for another goon like Scott whose sole reason for being on his team is to protect his teammates sending a message to their arch-rivals of 'I'll kill your best player when you do that' must have seemed too good to be true when Carlyle very stupidly put Kessel out on the ice to line against him. Carlyle had the last change here. WTF did he think was going to happen?

Both Scott and Kessel deserve suspensions (of several games each) out of that and Clarkson as well if he came off the bench.
Tropp bit off more than he could chew fighting Devane. I don't have a problem with Devane going with him and the fight was relatively even early.

As you mentioned, my problem with the incident is with Carlyle. How do you send your best player on the ice and have him line up next to the goon who just challenged your bench?? He should be suspended for being an idiot.

Old
09-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Osminator

vCash: 50
Good for Kessel, too bad he didn't break Scott's ankle into 12 pieces, would have taught him a lesson... tough guy going after a hamster... too bad Kessel didn't get him good. Seriously.

Old
09-23-2013, 03:20 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Raymond allegedly gets a 1-year deal.

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 22m

Mason Raymond has signed a one-year deal with the #leafs, per agent J.P. Barry.

Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown 3m

Hearing Raymond’s Leaf deal includes a no-movement clause. Specifically, if there's a fight he has to sit on the bench and not ###ing move.

Old
09-23-2013, 03:30 PM
azaloum90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
Tampa and Florida are in the Atlantic.
Oh damn.... THe geographic lopcations got the best of me..

Thomas is 39, I think he still has it, personally.

Old
09-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Bullseyes

Some suspensions handed down today:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 42m
VAN's Zack Kassian gets 5 regular season games and rest of pre-season for highsticking Gagner.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 44m
Hearing VAN's Weise suspended for balance of pre-season for hit on EDM's Taylor Hall. Awaiting announcement from NHL.
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...66441891729409

Makes me feel like hockeys really back!

Old
09-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Aufheben
The jam must flow...

vCash: 130
Quote:
Jagr was a great player a while back. He was a good player for the Flyers a couple years ago.
Claude Giroux? I mean, the guy's been in the NHL since before I could talk, how long can this go on?

Old
09-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
As for the Toronto clip. Devane kicking Tropp's ass is why Scott went for Kessel. Devane is a goon. Tropp's been an on the cusp player with the Sabres for a while. He's a bit feisty but that was a major mismatch and seeing your guy get hurt maybe seriously by a more or less talentless player pisses teams off--a lot--and for another goon like Scott whose sole reason for being on his team is to protect his teammates sending a message to their arch-rivals of 'I'll kill your best player when you do that' must have seemed too good to be true when Carlyle very stupidly put Kessel out on the ice to line against him. Carlyle had the last change here. WTF did he think was going to happen?

Both Scott and Kessel deserve suspensions (of several games each) out of that and Clarkson as well if he came off the bench.
Not for nothing, but you really don't know what you're talking about here. Scott did nothing until Kessel got in his face, and when Scott followed up with his promise because Kessel had been chirping him all game, Kessel ran and started slashing him at all angles. Scott shouldn't receive anything.

Old
09-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Lindberg Cheese

Quote:
First point:

I'm not looking at this from a Leaf's perspective, I'm looking at it from a league perspective. Kessel needs to sit for a few games, like 4+. We need to stop using different rulebooks for different players (repeat offenders is another thing, I'm talking about player "types" and protecting stars). He was using his stick as a weapon.

Second point:

Scott was just looking to start something, I highly doubt he'd beat Kessel into a pulp. He was just grabbing whoever was next to him to get things going. It happened to be Kessel, but I don't think he counted on being engaged with Kessel for long and expected someone else to jump in.
Kessel has to be suspended, absolutely cannot use your stick like that (x3) no matter what gorilla is leaning on you. Clarkson shoulda jumped on before the puck drop sensing trouble, woulda saved everyone alotta games.

Old
09-23-2013, 06:38 PM
NYR2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindberg Cheese View Post
Kessel has to be suspended, absolutely cannot use your stick like that (x3) no matter what gorilla is leaning on you. Clarkson shoulda jumped on before the puck drop sensing trouble, woulda saved everyone alotta games.
Agree 100% you can't swing your stick like that, regardless of the situation. he could have turtled, if he was really that scared

Old
09-23-2013, 06:42 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
What are you going to suspend Scott for? Trying to jump someone?

Happens all the time, not saying I agree with it, but it's not unusual.

Kessel on the other hand could have skated away without slashing at Scott with similar results. How long did it take for the other Leafs to converge on Scott? Not long.

Leafs fans think their team is feared, that's probably the most annoying part of the whole situation.

Old
09-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post

Kessel on the other hand could have skated away without slashing at Scott with similar results. How long did it take for the other Leafs to converge on Scott? Not long.

Leafs fans think their team is feared, that's probably the most annoying part of the whole situation.
He shouldn't be.

Try to ignore the... added effects because it was a gif I found online. But besides that, at what point (And this isn't aimed at you Barb) should Scott receive a suspension for?

Old
09-23-2013, 06:49 PM
NYR2007

Scott shouldn't be suspended, the team handles that stuff the next time they play. Not the NHL

Old
09-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Raymones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Bollig's response to Kane's stickhandling video:

Awesome.
Brilliant!

Old
09-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
He shouldn't be.

Try to ignore the... added effects because it was a gif I found online. But besides that, at what point (And this isn't aimed at you Barb) should Scott receive a suspension for?
Exactly, and I know it's not aimed at me because I don't think he did anything worthy of a suspension. I also hate this "unwritten" rule crap people are spewing.

Old
09-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Blue Blooded

It gets worse (than I thought) for the Leafs. Clarkson's suspension doesn't take affect until the season commences.

NHL Player Safety ‏@NHLPlayerSafety 10m

David Clarkson has been automatically suspended 10 regular-season games for leaving bench on an illegal line change to join an altercation.

Old
09-23-2013, 07:08 PM
Bullseyes

Quote:

This. I'm not a fan of what Scott did, but I don't see what he did to get suspended. Who knows with the NHL though.

Quote:
It gets worse (than I thought) for the Leafs. Clarkson's suspension doesn't take affect until the season commences.

NHL Player Safety ‏@NHLPlayerSafety 10m

David Clarkson has been automatically suspended 10 regular-season games for leaving bench on an illegal line change to join an altercation.
Deservedly so.

Old
09-23-2013, 07:08 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Exactly, and I know it's not aimed at me because I don't think he did anything worthy of a suspension. I also hate this "unwritten" rule crap people are spewing.
Same. Kessel made a stupid decision after a prior mix up from other players. But leave it to the Toronto media (who are REALLY doing it up to where it's making them look like a huge joke when the leaf shaped glasses are taken off.) to do that... I don't fear the Leafs at all, as a Rangers fan and/or as a Sabres game attender/Buffalo resident.

Old
09-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Riverdale

I still don't get why Kessel initiated contact with Scott.

Old
09-23-2013, 07:43 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Because he thought he was going to get away with some more chirping and crap and when Scott reacted, he ran behind his team(Which I don't care about to be honest) and started hacking JS from behind with his stick. (Which is cowardly. And that's the problem)

Pretty much thought he was gonna get away with it.

Old
09-23-2013, 07:46 PM
SnowblindNYR

If I were to go gay for any athlete it would definitely be Patrice Bergeron.

Old
09-23-2013, 07:47 PM
Tikkanese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Good for Kessel, too bad he didn't break Scott's ankle into 12 pieces, would have taught him a lesson... tough guy going after a hamster... too bad Kessel didn't get him good. Seriously.
Kesel's really fast. Should have just skated in circles around Scott to make the point. You can kill somebody swinging a stick, especially two handed. WTF was that?

Old
09-23-2013, 08:01 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Party in the Capitals penalty box.

Old
09-23-2013, 11:11 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Canucks lead 5-1 with 10 mins left in the 3rd.. Coyotes have a good one in Max Domi. i think he stays with the Yotes.. looks very good against the Canucks

Tom Sestito scored.. hahahaha

Old
09-24-2013, 10:11 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Gagner's broken jaw:

Holy ****.

It's just pain.
Old
09-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Blue Blooded

Wow, that does not look pleasant!

BTW, that post went very well together with your tagline.

Closed Thread