HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL: OMG HOCKEY Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-23-2013, 02:57 PM
  #351
Jackson Ranger
Registered User
 
Jackson Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 2,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
As for the Toronto clip. Devane kicking Tropp's ass is why Scott went for Kessel. Devane is a goon. Tropp's been an on the cusp player with the Sabres for a while. He's a bit feisty but that was a major mismatch and seeing your guy get hurt maybe seriously by a more or less talentless player pisses teams off--a lot--and for another goon like Scott whose sole reason for being on his team is to protect his teammates sending a message to their arch-rivals of 'I'll kill your best player when you do that' must have seemed too good to be true when Carlyle very stupidly put Kessel out on the ice to line against him. Carlyle had the last change here. WTF did he think was going to happen?

Both Scott and Kessel deserve suspensions (of several games each) out of that and Clarkson as well if he came off the bench.
Tropp bit off more than he could chew fighting Devane. I don't have a problem with Devane going with him and the fight was relatively even early.

As you mentioned, my problem with the incident is with Carlyle. How do you send your best player on the ice and have him line up next to the goon who just challenged your bench?? He should be suspended for being an idiot.

Jackson Ranger is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 03:16 PM
  #352
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,483
vCash: 50
Good for Kessel, too bad he didn't break Scott's ankle into 12 pieces, would have taught him a lesson... tough guy going after a hamster... too bad Kessel didn't get him good. Seriously.

Osminator is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 03:20 PM
  #353
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Handicap spot
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,734
vCash: 504
Raymond allegedly gets a 1-year deal.

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 22m

Mason Raymond has signed a one-year deal with the #leafs, per agent J.P. Barry.

Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown 3m

Hearing Raymond’s Leaf deal includes a no-movement clause. Specifically, if there's a fight he has to sit on the bench and not ###ing move.


Blue Blooded is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 03:30 PM
  #354
azaloum90
Registered User
 
azaloum90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The coop!
Posts: 2,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
Tampa and Florida are in the Atlantic.
Oh damn.... THe geographic lopcations got the best of me..


Thomas is 39, I think he still has it, personally.

azaloum90 is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 05:59 PM
  #355
Bullseyes
Registered User
 
Bullseyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
Some suspensions handed down today:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 42m
VAN's Zack Kassian gets 5 regular season games and rest of pre-season for highsticking Gagner.
382266957816279041

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 44m
Hearing VAN's Weise suspended for balance of pre-season for hit on EDM's Taylor Hall. Awaiting announcement from NHL.
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...66441891729409

Makes me feel like hockeys really back!

Bullseyes is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 06:12 PM
  #356
Aufheben
Moderator
The jam must flow...
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Angola
Posts: 10,392
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Jagr was a great player a while back. He was a good player for the Flyers a couple years ago.
Claude Giroux? I mean, the guy's been in the NHL since before I could talk, how long can this go on?

Aufheben is online now  
Old
09-23-2013, 06:24 PM
  #357
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
As for the Toronto clip. Devane kicking Tropp's ass is why Scott went for Kessel. Devane is a goon. Tropp's been an on the cusp player with the Sabres for a while. He's a bit feisty but that was a major mismatch and seeing your guy get hurt maybe seriously by a more or less talentless player pisses teams off--a lot--and for another goon like Scott whose sole reason for being on his team is to protect his teammates sending a message to their arch-rivals of 'I'll kill your best player when you do that' must have seemed too good to be true when Carlyle very stupidly put Kessel out on the ice to line against him. Carlyle had the last change here. WTF did he think was going to happen?

Both Scott and Kessel deserve suspensions (of several games each) out of that and Clarkson as well if he came off the bench.
Not for nothing, but you really don't know what you're talking about here. Scott did nothing until Kessel got in his face, and when Scott followed up with his promise because Kessel had been chirping him all game, Kessel ran and started slashing him at all angles. Scott shouldn't receive anything.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 06:27 PM
  #358
Lindberg Cheese
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
First point:

I'm not looking at this from a Leaf's perspective, I'm looking at it from a league perspective. Kessel needs to sit for a few games, like 4+. We need to stop using different rulebooks for different players (repeat offenders is another thing, I'm talking about player "types" and protecting stars). He was using his stick as a weapon.

Second point:

Scott was just looking to start something, I highly doubt he'd beat Kessel into a pulp. He was just grabbing whoever was next to him to get things going. It happened to be Kessel, but I don't think he counted on being engaged with Kessel for long and expected someone else to jump in.
Kessel has to be suspended, absolutely cannot use your stick like that (x3) no matter what gorilla is leaning on you. Clarkson shoulda jumped on before the puck drop sensing trouble, woulda saved everyone alotta games.

Lindberg Cheese is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 06:38 PM
  #359
NYR2007
Registered User
 
NYR2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 545
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindberg Cheese View Post
Kessel has to be suspended, absolutely cannot use your stick like that (x3) no matter what gorilla is leaning on you. Clarkson shoulda jumped on before the puck drop sensing trouble, woulda saved everyone alotta games.
Agree 100% you can't swing your stick like that, regardless of the situation. he could have turtled, if he was really that scared

NYR2007 is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 06:42 PM
  #360
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,120
vCash: 373
What are you going to suspend Scott for? Trying to jump someone?

Happens all the time, not saying I agree with it, but it's not unusual.

Kessel on the other hand could have skated away without slashing at Scott with similar results. How long did it take for the other Leafs to converge on Scott? Not long.

Leafs fans think their team is feared, that's probably the most annoying part of the whole situation.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 06:44 PM
  #361
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
What are you going to suspend Scott for? Trying to jump someone?

Happens all the time, not saying I agree with it, but it's not unusual.

Kessel on the other hand could have skated away without slashing at Scott with similar results. How long did it take for the other Leafs to converge on Scott? Not long.

Leafs fans think their team is feared, that's probably the most annoying part of the whole situation.
He shouldn't be.



Try to ignore the... added effects because it was a gif I found online. But besides that, at what point (And this isn't aimed at you Barb) should Scott receive a suspension for?

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 06:49 PM
  #362
NYR2007
Registered User
 
NYR2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 545
vCash: 50
Scott shouldn't be suspended, the team handles that stuff the next time they play. Not the NHL

NYR2007 is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 06:50 PM
  #363
Raymones
Registered User
 
Raymones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Bollig's response to Kane's stickhandling video:



Awesome.
Brilliant!

Raymones is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 07:02 PM
  #364
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,120
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
He shouldn't be.



Try to ignore the... added effects because it was a gif I found online. But besides that, at what point (And this isn't aimed at you Barb) should Scott receive a suspension for?
Exactly, and I know it's not aimed at me because I don't think he did anything worthy of a suspension. I also hate this "unwritten" rule crap people are spewing.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 07:03 PM
  #365
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Handicap spot
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,734
vCash: 504
It gets worse (than I thought) for the Leafs. Clarkson's suspension doesn't take affect until the season commences.

NHL Player Safety ‏@NHLPlayerSafety 10m

David Clarkson has been automatically suspended 10 regular-season games for leaving bench on an illegal line change to join an altercation.

Blue Blooded is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 07:08 PM
  #366
Bullseyes
Registered User
 
Bullseyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
What are you going to suspend Scott for? Trying to jump someone?

Happens all the time, not saying I agree with it, but it's not unusual.

Kessel on the other hand could have skated away without slashing at Scott with similar results. How long did it take for the other Leafs to converge on Scott? Not long.

Leafs fans think their team is feared, that's probably the most annoying part of the whole situation.
This. I'm not a fan of what Scott did, but I don't see what he did to get suspended. Who knows with the NHL though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
It gets worse (than I thought) for the Leafs. Clarkson's suspension doesn't take affect until the season commences.

NHL Player Safety ‏@NHLPlayerSafety 10m

David Clarkson has been automatically suspended 10 regular-season games for leaving bench on an illegal line change to join an altercation.
Deservedly so.

Bullseyes is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 07:08 PM
  #367
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Exactly, and I know it's not aimed at me because I don't think he did anything worthy of a suspension. I also hate this "unwritten" rule crap people are spewing.
Same. Kessel made a stupid decision after a prior mix up from other players. But leave it to the Toronto media (who are REALLY doing it up to where it's making them look like a huge joke when the leaf shaped glasses are taken off.) to do that... I don't fear the Leafs at all, as a Rangers fan and/or as a Sabres game attender/Buffalo resident.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 07:39 PM
  #368
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
I still don't get why Kessel initiated contact with Scott.

Riverdale is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 07:43 PM
  #369
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,205
vCash: 500
Because he thought he was going to get away with some more chirping and crap and when Scott reacted, he ran behind his team(Which I don't care about to be honest) and started hacking JS from behind with his stick. (Which is cowardly. And that's the problem)

Pretty much thought he was gonna get away with it.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 07:46 PM
  #370
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,233
vCash: 500
If I were to go gay for any athlete it would definitely be Patrice Bergeron.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 07:47 PM
  #371
Tikkanese
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Good for Kessel, too bad he didn't break Scott's ankle into 12 pieces, would have taught him a lesson... tough guy going after a hamster... too bad Kessel didn't get him good. Seriously.
Kesel's really fast. Should have just skated in circles around Scott to make the point. You can kill somebody swinging a stick, especially two handed. WTF was that?

Tikkanese is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 08:01 PM
  #372
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,060
vCash: 500
Party in the Capitals penalty box.

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 11:11 PM
  #373
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Canucks lead 5-1 with 10 mins left in the 3rd.. Coyotes have a good one in Max Domi. i think he stays with the Yotes.. looks very good against the Canucks


Tom Sestito scored.. hahahaha

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
09-24-2013, 10:11 AM
  #374
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,910
vCash: 500
Awards:
Gagner's broken jaw:



Holy ****.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now  
Old
09-24-2013, 10:17 AM
  #375
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Handicap spot
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,734
vCash: 504
Wow, that does not look pleasant!

BTW, that post went very well together with your tagline.

Blue Blooded is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.