HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Nintendo Wii

Old
11-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Habbadasher

vCash: 500
I was told they were making something like 13 million of them before x-mas, I was told it should be no problem, but maybe people underestimated the demand for the Wii

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 08:03 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
I was told they were making something like 13 million of them before x-mas, I was told it should be no problem, but maybe people underestimated the demand for the Wii
Similarly, I heard they had 4 million available for release this week. The PS3 has had manufacture problems, but the Wii shouldn't be that hard to come by.

11-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Are you sure? From what I've heard, Nintendo did more units than Sony so there should be some more available in the near future.
More were available today actually.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 08:17 PM
Sumhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Sorry I meant GC. That was one of the reasons I never picked a Gamecube up, because there wasn't a Mariokart game for quite a while.

Yeah the one for DS is awesome. If I was gonna buy a console it would either be a DS or a PSP.

There is a Mario Kart on the gamecube Mario Kart : Double dash.

Sumhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Namso

Quote:
Similarly, I heard they had 4 million available for release this week. The PS3 has had manufacture problems, but the Wii shouldn't be that hard to come by.
actually its 4 million by the end of the year.

But still i love what nintendo is doing; INNOVATION. Don't expect any of that from PS3 or Xbox360, if it were up to them they would just keep pumping out the same thing but with better graphics every four/five years.

Takes the small kid to decide to change things and i for one will be supporting them.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:27 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
That's exactly my chain of thought.

Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:30 PM
habsfan101

Smart thing to do is get on a waiting list.Im the 8th person on one at Zellers and will get mine between Dec1 and Dec 10. Cant wait to play COD 3, Red Steel, and Madden NFL 07

habsfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Namso

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan101 View Post
Smart thing to do is get on a waiting list.Im the 8th person on one at Zellers and will get mine between Dec1 and Dec 10. Cant wait to play COD 3, Red Steel, and Madden NFL 07
no zelda?

Old
11-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Ipousse Lapuck

Could someone explain me how the Wii works (you can buy games or download some...? ) And tell me if the controllers work well?

Ipousse Lapuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

what's this virtual console thing? I understand that you can play old some old NES,SNES, and N64 games on the WII.

How does this work though? Do you have to buy a special part for the WII to be able to download/play these games?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Namso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
what's this virtual console thing? I understand that you can play old some old NES,SNES, and N64 games on the WII.

How does this work though? Do you have to buy a special part for the WII to be able to download/play these games?
yeah you buy a virtual console controller (basically a nicer looking snes controller) though not needed but you don't want to play zelda:lttp with the wiimote, and you can dl old nes, snes, genesis, n64 games for 5-10$ by purchasing wii points.

Old
11-22-2006, 11:54 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso View Post
yeah you buy a virtual console controller (basically a nicer looking snes controller) though not needed but you don't want to play zelda:lttp with the wiimote, and you can dl old nes, snes, genesis, n64 games for 5-10$ by purchasing wii points.
that's awesome, thanks for the info!

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 09:15 AM
Sumhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
that's awesome, thanks for the info!
You can alson play a lot of the virtual consoles games with the gamecube controller. I played Mario 64 with the gamecube controller, it works perfectly.

Old
11-23-2006, 10:36 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Personally, I hate Nintendo because of how they've jerked people around when it comes to the Gameboy. They deserve to be trailing behind Sony and Microsoft for constantly pumping out different Gameboys just to make a profit.

I bought a GBA after borrowing one from a friend 2 years ago. The graphics were beautiful and I felt a lot could be done with the portable system. Not one month later, Nintendo comes out with yet a 4th portable system, boasting that it has a backlit screen etc., things which the Gameboy Colour should have come out with 10 years ago.

These features should have at the very least been offered with the original Advance, but whatever. The new system plays the same games so I'll have a lot of games to look forward to in the coming year, right? Wrong. Less than one year after Nintendo suckers people into buying their new Advance SP, they have the balls to tell people to purchase their DS!(this is the same company that had the NES competing with 16-bit systems for years, as well as the SNES against 32-bit systems instead of forcing their customers to purchase their new system-and the GBA sold great so don't give me any crap about having to compete with the PSP)

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 12:17 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
Personally, I hate Nintendo because of how they've jerked people around when it comes to the Gameboy. They deserve to be trailing behind Sony and Microsoft for constantly pumping out different Gameboys just to make a profit.

I bought a GBA after borrowing one from a friend 2 years ago. The graphics were beautiful and I felt a lot could be done with the portable system. Not one month later, Nintendo comes out with yet a 4th portable system, boasting that it has a backlit screen etc., things which the Gameboy Colour should have come out with 10 years ago.

These features should have at the very least been offered with the original Advance, but whatever. The new system plays the same games so I'll have a lot of games to look forward to in the coming year, right? Wrong. Less than one year after Nintendo suckers people into buying their new Advance SP, they have the balls to tell people to purchase their DS!(this is the same company that had the NES competing with 16-bit systems for years, as well as the SNES against 32-bit systems instead of forcing their customers to purchase their new system-and the GBA sold great so don't give me any crap about having to compete with the PSP)
Yeah I agree with you regarding GB/GBA/GBAC, they really jerked the chain a few too many times. However, the DS is a very good platform that should stay around for quite a while. It's no PSP, but it's a very good gaming platform. The only advantage of PSP is a larger game base and you can do other things with the system than gaming.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 02:36 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Yeah I agree with you regarding GB/GBA/GBAC, they really jerked the chain a few too many times. However, the DS is a very good platform that should stay around for quite a while. It's no PSP, but it's a very good gaming platform. The only advantage of PSP is a larger game base and you can do other things with the system than gaming.
I won't disagree that it's a fantastic system...but these things are years in the making. So when they're making the GBA SP they know when the DS is coming out.

Nintendo now relies on ripping off parents who's kids whine for every new system they make.

That, and the fact that they hardly release sequels to their biggest hits...I mean one Super Mario and Zelda for the SNES? Come on.

Old
11-23-2006, 03:34 PM
TheHoser

Why are you *****ing at them for trying to improve their systems? It's not like the GBA SP doesn't play GBA games or anything, it's just a different platform. If parents who already baught their kids a GBA are stupid enough to go buy the SP then that's their fault (Personally I prefer the first GBA over the SP).

TheHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 04:24 PM
Sumhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post

My only advice for you would be to fallow more closely the video game industry. You could know when to buy a console and the moment that you should not buy a console.

Nintendo is doing the right thing btw.

Old
11-23-2006, 04:31 PM
habsfan101

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan101 View Post
I did forget Zelda. It looks great on it

habsfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

It's so hard right now...

I want a Wii but there's nothing left in Moncton!

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoser View Post
Why are you *****ing at them for trying to improve their systems? It's not like the GBA SP doesn't play GBA games or anything, it's just a different platform. If parents who already baught their kids a GBA are stupid enough to go buy the SP then that's their fault (Personally I prefer the first GBA over the SP).
A different platform that fans have been asking for for 15 years.

Please, you think a company that purposely leaves out features just so that it can sell add-ons like lights, magnifiers etc. are doing good business?