HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs beat the Devils 3-2: Pre-season done the White way!

Old
09-23-2013, 09:37 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Can we trade Moen for anything? A mid round pick? A late round pick?

I would feel much happier going into the season without him.

Something like this looks great to me;

Prust - Bournival - White

To be honest, I think I'd go with something like this to start the season;

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Briere
Bourque - Eller - Gionta

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post

Bourque - Eller - Gionta
I'd rock that lineup for sure. Parros comes in while White sits out his suspension(s).

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 09:40 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Love Tinordi, he impressed me again

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
25get

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
dunno, they always seem to hate on Tinordi...after praising his game....

We would like to see him make the team but we have Bouillon! But they wont name Bouillon they just says ''too many 1-way contracts''
Everyone wants to see Tinordi on the ice.
But some are looking at other players and trying to see how Tinordi could play ahead of Murray (just signed).
Diaz is not competing with Tinordi, he does have a different role.

Feels to me that the Habs are posturing Diaz to trade him. He did play with Markov...

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Disagree. He's not someone whose offense nor confidence needs cultivating, and those are the main reasons from keeping someone back when otherwise they seem ready to make the jump. All that seems left for him to learn is how to handle the grind of a full season at the top level. His game seems ready for a 4th line spot right now, and I bet he'd be integrated into the PK before long as well.
for me it goes either way. Both will serve him in different ways I think.

I wouldn't go so far as saying his offense doesn't need cultivating. He's showing more offense than what was initially thought so I think that it can be nurtured in Hamilton with 1st line minutes.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 09:42 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
Everyone wants to see Tinordi on the ice.
But some are looking at other players and trying to see how Tinordi could play ahead of Murray (just signed).
Diaz is not competing with Tinordi, he does have a different role.

Feels to me that the Habs are posturing Diaz to trade him. He did play with Markov...
Or they are grooming Diaz to take Markov's spot since the guy is nearly done...

Diaz became one of the highest used defenseman on the team last year. He's not getting showcased in a pre-season game.

Fact is, MT loves Diaz. And rightfully so, the guy is good.

Old
09-23-2013, 09:42 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Can we trade Moen for anything? A mid round pick? A late round pick?

I would feel much happier going into the season without him.

Something like this looks great to me;

Bourque - Eller - Gionta
I expect a good season for Moen. He will have a chance to drop them with White, Prust, Parros around. I expect more energy, more passion, more fights from Moen, but let's give him a last season to prove he's not a passenger. I bet he'll end up being a useful asset. He's shown grit, an offensive touch, and good all around play in the past. I know it's a long time ago, but three years ago, he was on pace for his best season ever before being injuried, he was on pace for like 20-30 points, playing with Kostitsyn. I don't expect as much from him, but I think he's a good balanced vet who can fight to have on our 4th line.

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 09:43 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

I just noticed that the refs have a GoPro on their helmets. Will we have access to that footage at any point?

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Swap Pleks and Eller.

Pleks is suffering with Bourque on his wing.

Galchenyuk is suffering with Eller as his center.

I really think that Pleks and the Gally's would be worth trying. Eller/Bourque could be a pretty good shut-down line.
Oh, you're back at it old friend

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 09:46 PM
shutehinside

I thnk Tinordi and Bournival have earned spots on this team. Problem with someone like Bournival is that he's probably better off playing more minutes in hamilton then playing sporadically for 6-9 minutes a night and alternating with the press box. Same goes for Tinordi.

Unless they have a spot in the line up where they can play, I think they're better off in Hamilton and being the first call ups in case of injury. Better have vets alternating in and out of the line up than developing younger players who need more ice time and to develop their skills by dominating at a lower level.

Besides, what's the hurry? They'll be even better when they crack the line up and can play a regular role. Look at players from Ottawa, Detroit etc who over ripen in the AHL and come up together. Makes for a more cohesive experience and better confidence when being called up. Patches and Desharnais is a great example of players who came up together and made a huge impact in the NHL when they did.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
for me it goes either way. Both will serve him in different ways I think.

I wouldn't go so far as saying his offense doesn't need cultivating. He's showing more offense than what was initially thought so I think that it can be nurtured in Hamilton with 1st line minutes.
The point is that he's not a player that they're going to lean on for offensive contribution, so no sense in using "extra" years attempting to develop it further. If you have a guy pegged for your bottom 6 in the short/mid-term, and he's ready for that role, you don't send him down to the minors to "round out his skill set" if he's already one of your best options.

Basically, it's unlikely that he'd be asked to carry the offense down in Hamilton, and he's never going to be asked to do it with the Habs anyway, so why waste time if he's hungry and ready? He'll naturally climb up the depth chart if he continues to improve from here and chip in offensively, but you look at the other guys we have coming through the pipeline and it's probably best to face facts.

Old
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I expect a good season for Moen. He will have a chance to drop them with White, Prust, Parros around. I expect more energy, more passion, more fights from Moen, but let's give him a last season to prove he's not a passenger. I bet he'll end up being a useful asset. He's shown grit, an offensive touch, and good all around play in the past. I know it's a long time ago, but three years ago, he was on pace for his best season ever before being injuried, he was on pace for like 20-30 points, playing with Kostitsyn. I don't expect as much from him, but I think he's a good balanced vet who can fight to have on our 4th line.
I don't hate Moen. I just think he's disappointed with his role and I think that Bournival deserves to be on the team.

Old
09-23-2013, 09:47 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

What are we watching?....

Old
09-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
I just noticed that the refs have a GoPro on their helmets. Will we have access to that footage at any point?
I've already seen some as part of the Kessel thing, but I don't know about wider "access".

Old
09-23-2013, 09:48 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Closest to the pin? Therrien with some kind of ugly swing that somehow got within 17', lol.

Old
09-23-2013, 09:58 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
hahaha...and of course they got those f#$#ing chairs too.

Old
09-23-2013, 10:02 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
The point is that he's not a player that they're going to lean on for offensive contribution, so no sense in using "extra" years attempting to develop it further. If you have a guy pegged for your bottom 6 in the short/mid-term, and he's ready for that role, you don't send him down to the minors to "round out his skill set" if he's already one of your best options.

Basically, it's unlikely that he'd be asked to carry the offense down in Hamilton, and he's never going to be asked to do it with the Habs anyway, so why waste time if he's hungry and ready? He'll naturally climb up the depth chart if he continues to improve from here and chip in offensively, but you look at the other guys we have coming through the pipeline and it's probably best to face facts.
sure we'll never lean on Bournival for points but why does that preclude trying to get more offense from him?

With this preseason, I doubt the organization has him pegged for the bottom 6, case closed. He's shown improvement in his shot so giving him time to actually put up points in Hamilton can help more than hurt.

He could still be effective on a 4th line it seems but it's really starting to look like there's more to his game.

Either way seems fine but I just think there's more positives to him playing in Hamilton.

Old
09-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

So. The real question is... does Diaz have any value? Maybe a late pick?

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewHabsEra*

2 goals against, 2 deflections.. Come on Carey..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Or they are grooming Diaz to take Markov's spot since the guy is nearly done...

Diaz became one of the highest used defenseman on the team last year. He's not getting showcased in a pre-season game.

Fact is, MT loves Diaz. And rightfully so, the guy is good.
Diaz sucks. As simple as that. Was the worst of our 6 d-men dressed in at least 2 of the 3 preseason games he played. Was out worst d-man in the playoffs last season. Brings nothing to a d-core and will never, ever, ever take a check to complete a play, which is one of the primary tasks of a d-man in this game.

I hate Diaz. He's the kind of player who has to stay far from any primary role if you want to succeed.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:06 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I thnk Tinordi and Bournival have earned spots on this team. Problem with someone like Bournival is that he's probably better off playing more minutes in hamilton then playing sporadically for 6-9 minutes a night and alternating with the press box. Same goes for Tinordi.

Unless they have a spot in the line up where they can play, I think they're better off in Hamilton and being the first call ups in case of injury. Better have vets alternating in and out of the line up than developing younger players who need more ice time and to develop their skills by dominating at a lower level.

Besides, what's the hurry? They'll be even better when they crack the line up and can play a regular role. Look at players from Ottawa, Detroit etc who over ripen in the AHL and come up together. Makes for a more cohesive experience and better confidence when being called up. Patches and Desharnais is a great example of players who came up together and made a huge impact in the NHL when they did.
Argument is reasonable for Bournival but Tinordi would get enough minutes w/ the Habs. IMHO he's learned about all he can playing in the AHL the big boy will improve more in the big league needs to be there.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:11 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Tinordi had a decent game but had a tough time on the pk when he was on his backhand and couldn't clear the puck.

Tinordi played on LD today 5 on 5 not RD as reported earlier. Would have liked to see him play RD for a full game to see if maybe we could okay him with Markov, guess they want to keep him on his natural side even tho they used him on RD last year. But for some reason MT wants to pair Daiz with Markov, I don't like Daiz very much, but gotta say he had a good camp being paired with Markov, but I just think it's asking for trouble asking them to play in their own end, and also not sure why MT keeps putting Daiz over Subban on the pk.

Moen looked good today, he came into camp lighter, notice he was a little quicker, he had a bad year last year, but thought he showed for in the playoffs, looks like he is back to his old self.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:14 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Does anyone have the clip from Pacioretty's dangle at the end of the game?

Old
09-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Bergevin was with Ron Fournier after tonight's game. Ron asked him about Tinordi. Bergevin said that Tinordi is forcing them to make decision and the organisation is very impressed by him.

So, maybe we will see a trade... Hoping it's Diaz!

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:23 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Argument is reasonable for Bournival but Tinordi would get enough minutes w/ the Habs. IMHO he's learned about all he can playing in the AHL the big boy will improve more in the big league needs to be there.
Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see Tinordi on this team. He's exactly what we need especially with Emelin out. But looking at who's in and where Tinordi fits in is a different story. Between:
Markov Diaz
Gorges PK
Boullion Murray

The only real spot he can take is Bou's, barring another injury. I'm not even saying he shouldn't have Bou's spot, just don't think it'll happen. So if that's your top 6 and Tins is sitting in a press box or dominating the AHL, I'd rather see him doing the latter.

If MT plays him in the top 6, I'd say that would be ideal. But sitting in the press box isn't going to help him, especially at his position. He needs to play.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote