HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs beat the Devils 3-2: Pre-season done the White way!

Old
09-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Saintpatrick*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see Tinordi on this team. He's exactly what we need especially with Emelin out. But looking at who's in and where Tinordi fits in is a different story. Between:
Markov Diaz
Gorges PK
Boullion Murray

The only real spot he can take is Bou's, barring another injury. I'm not even saying he shouldn't have Bou's spot, just don't think it'll happen. So if that's your top 6 and Tins is sitting in a press box or dominating the AHL, I'd rather see him doing the latter.

If MT plays him in the top 6, I'd say that would be ideal. But sitting in the press box isn't going to help him, especially at his position. He needs to play.
He can always take Diaz's spot.

Saintpatrick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:31 PM
SouthernHab
Lost An Avy Bet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Oh, you're back at it old friend
Its not just me who noticed Eller had a terrible game tonight.

If you were intellectually honest, you would have noticed it as well....old friend.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:34 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintpatrick View Post
He can always take Diaz's spot.
Again, not going to happen. Different type of D and MT seems to really like Diaz. Let's also not forget he was one of our top point getters aims amazing on the PP before going down with injuries last year.

He's a useful player with a skill set that Tins can't replace. Bou on the other hand...

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:35 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Its not just me who noticed Eller had a terrible game tonight.

If you were intellectually honest, you would have noticed it as well....old friend.
Eller had one good rush when he blasted down the wing, took the pick to the net and created a solid scoring opportunity. Hopefully he'll do that when the season starts.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:36 PM
SakuSauce
Drive for 25

Why are people so hypocrite? White scores a goal and is all of sudden a god?! Moen scored last week, what about that? Same ****. White is at BEST a 13-14th forward on any team in the NHL. At least, Moen brings good defensive play withing his game, something that White struggled with all his career.

About the game, loved the game by Pacioretty and Subban. I also liked the poise that Danny B brings (don't know why people dislike him that much). He slows the play, let his teammates get open which makes it easier than just going full speed and dump-chasing. On the other hand, was disappointed by Pleks and Ellers line...Diaz had a bad game aswell...its still preseason I guess.

As for Tinordi, I like his physical play but his D coverage is atrocious...he runs way too much, he also had like 5 opportunities to clear the puck before the 2nd NJ goal and missed. The guy has potential, I wouldn't mind having him on the team, but he's a bottom pairing guy for the moment.

SakuSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:49 PM
NuxFan09

Hey Habs fans, just wanted to say that Yannick Weber has been a pleasant surprise in preseason. He's making a strong case for the #6 spot. He has a goal and an assist so far in the game tonight and he has 3 points in 3 games played overall.

Your team really knows how to develop defensemen.

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:50 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see Tinordi on this team. He's exactly what we need especially with Emelin out. But looking at who's in and where Tinordi fits in is a different story. Between:
Markov Diaz
Gorges PK
Boullion Murray

The only real spot he can take is Bou's, barring another injury. I'm not even saying he shouldn't have Bou's spot, just don't think it'll happen. So if that's your top 6 and Tins is sitting in a press box or dominating the AHL, I'd rather see him doing the latter.

If MT plays him in the top 6, I'd say that would be ideal. But sitting in the press box isn't going to help him, especially at his position. He needs to play.
Agree Tinordi shouldn't and won't be in the press box. It's not so difficult for the Habs to work this out, they could platoon Murray and Bouillon, vets who won't be set back by lack of ice time, actually both were injured so even more reason to let them sit a bit. Playing Tinordi is an investment in the Habs' future. Also our depth means there's less reason to rush Emelin back.

If Tinordi stays I'm interested to see what happens when Emelin does come back. Who to ship out will be a big decision and a defining time for the future character of our D.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:51 PM
SakuSauce
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Hey Habs fans, just wanted to say that Yannick Weber has been a pleasant surprise in preseason. He's making a strong case for the #6 spot. He has a goal and an assist so far in the game tonight and he has 3 points in 3 games played overall.

You're welcome! Now give us Edler

SakuSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:51 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:

Gainey

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:55 PM
SouthernHab
Lost An Avy Bet...

Quote:

Keep him.

You want Diaz as well?

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:57 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Can't wait until Beaulieu establishes himself so Diaz can leave.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:13 PM
NewHabsEra*

Watching Canadiens express right now since I couldnt watch the game again tonight.. Galchenyuk is having a really hard time.. Patche is dominant and Desharnais is making alot of people look bad, me the first.. He is faster than ever and pretty slick with the puck..

Edit: Bournival extremmely solid once again..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 09-23-2013 at 11:39 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:16 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Watching Canadiens express right now since I couldnt watch the game again tonight.. Galchenyuk is having a really hard time..
Well what do you expect, it's his second game of the night.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:28 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
lol good one..

Old
09-23-2013, 11:43 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Watching Canadiens express right now since I couldnt watch the game again tonight.. Galchenyuk is having a really hard time.. Patche is dominant and Desharnais is making alot of people look bad, me the first.. He is faster than ever and pretty slick with the puck..

Edit: Bournival extremmely solid once again..
He's also easily knocked off the puck and still loses his battles. He keeps battling and isn't scared of fighting for the puck though, I'll give him that. I never had a problem with DD anyways, just don't agree with the timing of his re-signal or the length of the contract, even if he has a great season I still won't agree, had we waited (and there was no rush) we could have had him at a better deal.
I just don't like the fact Eller is still penciled on what will inevitably be that 3rd line while DD gets a clean sleight, back with our best winger, getting easier match ups.

In any event, nobody is making anybody look bad in preseason.

Last edited by Kriss E: 09-23-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:44 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
I've never hated DD the way some have but I definitely wasn't thrilled with the signing. He can still turn out to be a good deal at that money.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:57 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:

I hope he can put it together. He's got an interesting skill set but his size and hockey IQ is a bit suspect,

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 12:02 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Loll took me a minute. If HF had an upvote or like option, you'd get one from me.

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 12:12 AM
Brainiac

Ooookay!

Ryan White is, right now, the most overrated habs player, right next to Lars Eller.

Sorry guys...

Brainiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 12:15 AM
FieryTherrien
The Fire Rises

vCash: 456
Always thought White could be our Campbell. If Parros plays a lot we may see White actually settle down and play smart.

Quote:

Tell management that so they can get value for these guys before letting them go for nothing He's got a laser beam of a shot no doubt about that.

PS you can have Diaz and Moen too for a small price.

FieryTherrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 12:35 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
He's also easily knocked off the puck and still loses his battles. He keeps battling and isn't scared of fighting for the puck though, I'll give him that. I never had a problem with DD anyways, just don't agree with the timing of his re-signal or the length of the contract, even if he has a great season I still won't agree, had we waited (and there was no rush) we could have had him at a better deal.
I just don't like the fact Eller is still penciled on what will inevitably be that 3rd line while DD gets a clean sleight, back with our best winger, getting easier match ups.

In any event, nobody is making anybody look bad in preseason.
I think he uses his speed and smart well enough to win some of his battles for the puck.. He never gives up and roll well with the hits.. I dont know if he will keep playing like this since its very demanding for a such undersized player to maintain that level of play night after night against much bigger men but he sure looks on mission and very determined to have a good season..

Old
09-24-2013, 12:38 AM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Can we trade Moen for anything? A mid round pick? A late round pick?

I would feel much happier going into the season without him.

Something like this looks great to me;

Prust - Bournival - White

To be honest, I think I'd go with something like this to start the season;

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Briere
Bourque - Eller - Gionta
Dude, that is one sexy lineup!

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 12:43 AM
FieryTherrien
The Fire Rises

vCash: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Can we trade Moen for anything? A mid round pick? A late round pick?

I would feel much happier going into the season without him.

Something like this looks great to me;

To be honest, I think I'd go with something like this to start the season;

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Briere
Bourque - Eller - Gionta
Only if Orr and MacLaren and/or Parros are still hurt.

FieryTherrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 12:47 AM
swissexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post

PS you can have Diaz and Moen too for a small price.
suddenly, everyone is low on Diaz, because they want the Youngsters to step in.
remember, it's a good situation to have, rather than having to play the young guns who aren't ready. Letting them grow in the Minors till top-level a la Nashville isn't a bad way either..
Diaz was your best scorer until he got injured last year, they wont't sell him for a small price.

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 01:05 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
I think he uses his speed and smart well enough to win some of his battles for the puck.. He never gives up and roll well with the hits.. I dont know if he will keep playing like this since its very demanding for a such undersized player to maintain that level of play night after night against much bigger men but he sure looks on mission and very determined to have a good season..
Haven't seen him win one board battle yet, not that he hasn't but from what I've been, he didn't win any, and he doesn't roll well with the hits. He gets hit, and falls down. Not sure how this constitutes in him rolling well with them.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote