HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Daniel Brière on tout le monde en parle

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-23-2013, 03:45 PM
  #51
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,346
vCash: 700
wtf!


Last edited by Team_Spirit: 09-23-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 03:47 PM
  #52
Moen in Glory
@MoeninGlory
 
Moen in Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grenoble
Posts: 4,370
vCash: 500

Moen in Glory is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 03:52 PM
  #53
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Germaine View Post
wow, this thread is awesome btw.
I'm a born and raised Montrealer , and I always wondered why I struggled to integrate into QC society. Now I know; it's because I've never heard of or watched TLMEP.

Pretty sure Bleu Nuit gives me QC cred though.
it's not a cause, it's a symptom.

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
09-23-2013, 04:35 PM
  #54
WakeUpNHL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 628
vCash: 500
Briere living up to his contract obligations by producing where it counts... content for the Quebec media. $4mil a year is real nice for a PR job... and if he scores a couple of goals... BONUS!

WakeUpNHL is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 08:13 PM
  #55
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Tout Le Monde En Parle...Most pretentious, depressing talk show!! (almost as pretentious as Xavier Dolan with his narcissistic/pretentious/B.S. hipster movies).

Imo, Guy A. Lepage and this show is trying too hard to be like a talk-show from France, but it doesn't pull it off (way too cheesy)...far from it. Trying so hard to be serious and important...but it just comes off as extremely pretentious!! (imo).

Not a french vs english thing for me 'cause I feel the same way sometimes towards some CBC shows which are way too low-budget, too cheesy or too depressing to watch... imo.

Again...all this is just in my opinion.


p.s.: the positive...I loved Guy A. Lepage when he was part of the comedy sketch/skit show ''Rock et Belle Oreilles''. (hilarious show...a french-Quebecois version of SNL and Kids in the Hall). But these days I can't stand his pretentious facial expression and tone of voice on that crappy show he is on (where everyone on it is pretending that their **** don't stink!).

Mr. Hab is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 08:21 PM
  #56
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I kind of understand Briere, tho. Like he said; even if he tried to explain it, that would just raise more questions and more criticism. People didn't wanted an explanation, they wanted to be mad at him.

Defending yourself openly when people just want to be mad at you never ends well.



Basically that. I am not saying "you should watch it". Hell, I don't even watch it anymore, myself.

But.. if you have lived for years in Quebec and yet never came across the existence of this show, or heard it mentionned, you should re-evaluate your level of integration.
Level of integration?!! Scary comment!
Imo, not knowing TLMEP is actually a good thing since it's so DEPRESSING and PRETENTIOUS!! (it's a show that's trying so hard in being ''Francais de France'', yet it still ends up being a cheesy, grey, low-budget, very depressing french-Quebecois show (and did I mention extremely pretentious!). Integration through knowing this show?!! And believe it or not...I have friends who don't like TV! (they try their best only to watch it when they leave their place).

Let's talk about level of tastes instead of level of integration!!
Anyways...tastes are ''to each his/her own''.

Cheers!!

p.s.:
''Rock et Belle Oreilles''
''Tout Le Monde En Parle'' and Guy A. Lepage (pretentious crap with people pretending their **** don't stink, again...just my opinion!).
p.s. II: I like reading your posts...maybe it's better we stick to hockey! (more relaxing/fun VS relating a french-Quebecois tv show to politics or integration,etc).


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 09-23-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 08:24 PM
  #57
Sthabs
Registered User
 
Sthabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Tout Le Monde En Parle...Most pretentious, depressing talk show!! (almost as pretentious as Xavier Dolan with his narcissistic/pretentious/B.S. hipster movies).

Imo, Guy A. Lepage and this show is trying too hard to be like a talk-show from France, but it doesn't pull it off (way too cheesy)...far from it. Trying so hard to be serious and important...but it just comes off as extremely pretentious!! (imo).

Not a french vs english thing for me 'cause I feel the same way sometimes towards some CBC shows which are way too low-budget, too cheesy or too depressing to watch... imo.


Again...all this is just in my opinion.


p.s.: the positive...I loved Guy A. Lepage when he was part of the comedy sketch/skit show ''Rock et Belle Oreilles''. (hilarious show...a french-Quebecois version of SNL and Kids in the Hall). But these days I can't stand his pretentious facial expression and tone of voice on that crappy show he is on (where everyone on it is pretending that their **** don't stink!).


Couldnt agree more !! And that s the reason why i dislike that show.

Sthabs is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 08:25 PM
  #58
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,492
vCash: 500
.... man, you are ****ing paranoid.

I don't tell you that you should love the show. Just that you should know that its exist. How ****ing isolated from Quebec's society do you have to be if you never heard of TLMEP? It's like living in the US for 10 years and know having a clue as to who Oprah or the Simpsons are.

You don't have to LIKE these things; just know of them. Acting like: "Wtf is that cartoon with yellow people?" is a sad, sad thing.

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
09-23-2013, 08:27 PM
  #59
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,752
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
.... man, you are ****ing paranoid.

I don't tell you that you should love the show. Just that you should know that its exist. How ****ing isolated from Quebec's society do you have to be if you never heard of TLMEP? It's like living in the US for 10 years and know having a clue as to who Oprah or the Simpsons are.

You don't have to LIKE these things; just know of them. Acting like: "Wtf is that cartoon with yellow people?" is a sad, sad thing.
Oprah and TLMEP aren't the same in magnitude. Not even close.

Anyway, why are we still talking about this anyway?(not to you, but in general).

LyricalLyricist is online now  
Old
09-23-2013, 08:30 PM
  #60
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Oprah and TLMEP aren't the same in magnitude. Not even close.

Anyway, why are we still talking about this anyway?(not to you, but in general).
Obviously. One is known throughout the USA, 300M people, while the other is known across French-Quebec, 5.5M people. That's amost 2 degrees of magnitude right there.

Still, general knowledge penetration is similar.

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
09-23-2013, 08:31 PM
  #61
Moen in Glory
@MoeninGlory
 
Moen in Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grenoble
Posts: 4,370
vCash: 500
Edit: Wrong thread

Moen in Glory is offline  
Old
09-24-2013, 01:33 AM
  #62
Valois
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Germaine View Post
wow, this thread is awesome btw.
I'm a born and raised Montrealer , and I always wondered why I struggled to integrate into QC society. Now I know; it's because I've never heard of or watched TLMEP.

Pretty sure Bleu Nuit gives me QC cred though.
Anglo-Ottawan here - Bleu Nuit I literally never put together in my head as being from the province of Quebec. Was too young to really grasp that Ottawa and Gatineau were in different provinces. I guess that means...
I was too young to be watching Bleu Nuit.

As far as the ORIGINAL topic of this thread goes - I was thinking of moving to Montreal so it's good to know that having watched a bit of TLMEP will be a cultural asset.

Valois is offline  
Old
09-24-2013, 07:59 AM
  #63
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valois View Post
As far as the ORIGINAL topic of this thread goes - I was thinking of moving to Montreal so it's good to know that having watched a bit of TLMEP will be a cultural asset.
It's always a good thing to know about the culture you are trying to integrate. Even silly stuff like "the most popular talk show" is the sort of things that helps you be part.

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
09-24-2013, 08:16 AM
  #64
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey
 
Crescent Street's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
Is there a translated interview anywhere of this?

Crescent Street is offline  
Old
09-24-2013, 08:19 AM
  #65
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Street View Post
Is there a translated interview anywhere of this?
Sadly no. Sometimes, english-speaking guests talk in english (and there are subtitles), but there isn't a version of the show for the english viewership.

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
09-24-2013, 08:36 AM
  #66
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey
 
Crescent Street's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Sadly no. Sometimes, english-speaking guests talk in english (and there are subtitles), but there isn't a version of the show for the english viewership.
Thanks anyway!

Crescent Street is offline  
Old
09-24-2013, 08:48 AM
  #67
TGV
Registered User
 
TGV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,087
vCash: 500
Happy to see he seems to believe he'll be back with a good season. Not sure it will happen but this gave me hope.

TGV is offline  
Old
09-24-2013, 09:28 AM
  #68
Interlagos Blue
You Had ONE JOB
 
Interlagos Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hochelaga Archip.
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
I guess then I haven't integrated into the Quebecois way of life (even if I was born and raised in MTL) because I don't watch Occupation Double.

As for Briere I don't like how he is sidestepping the question on why he didn't pick the habs back when he signed for Philly.

Interlagos Blue is offline  
Old
09-24-2013, 09:36 AM
  #69
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Man, some people just won't understand a ****ing point, won't they?

It's not about WATCHING a ****ing show, it's simply being away of its existence. You know the existence of Occupation Double, as stupid a show as it might be. Therefore, I can properly assume you at least have some connection with the Quebec society; that you haven't cut yourself off from anything french.
I had actually heard about OD, because ALOT of people I know talk about it. No one has ever talked to me about TLMEP, but hey at least now I know about it. I barely watch TV as is, and I almost never watch Quebecois television. So that's probably why I knew nothing about this show, now can we let this go? Honestly, who gives a ****.

MonkeyBusiness is offline  
Old
09-24-2013, 09:44 AM
  #70
Interlagos Blue
You Had ONE JOB
 
Interlagos Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hochelaga Archip.
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Man, some people just won't understand a ****ing point, won't they?

It's not about WATCHING a ****ing show, it's simply being away of its existence. You know the existence of Occupation Double, as stupid a show as it might be. Therefore, I can properly assume you at least have some connection with the Quebec society; that you haven't cut yourself off from anything french.
dont get your jimmies rustled man, I was being sarcastic hence the smiley

Interlagos Blue is offline  
Old
09-24-2013, 10:08 AM
  #71
Bryson
Registered User
 
Bryson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 944
vCash: 500
I used to watch TLMEP and when there is a good guest on it's actually pretty interesting.

As for Briere, hearing him say how he always grew up wanting to be a Canadien and when Guy LePage asked him why he signed with Philly instead, he refused to answer and give a straight forward answer. I felt LePage let him off too easy with the question that everyone wants an answer for. All his answers seemed fake and rehearsed.

Bryson is offline  
Old
09-24-2013, 10:09 AM
  #72
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
I used to watch TLMEP and when there is a good guest on it's actually pretty interesting.

As for Briere, hearing him say how he always grew up wanting to be a Canadien and when Guy LePage asked him why he signed with Philly instead, he refused to answer and give a straight forward answer. I felt LePage let him off too easy with the question that everyone wants an answer for. All his answers seemed fake and rehearsed.
Why would Briere reopen that can of worms?

MonkeyBusiness is offline  
Old
09-24-2013, 10:27 AM
  #73
Le Casque de Mats
Registered User
 
Le Casque de Mats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 94
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Man, some people just won't understand a ****ing point, won't they?

It's not about WATCHING a ****ing show, it's simply being away of its existence. You know the existence of Occupation Double, as stupid a show as it might be. Therefore, I can properly assume you at least have some connection with the Quebec society; that you haven't cut yourself off from anything french.
Your point is clear and I completely agree with you. I hate everything TVA, I never watch it, yet I know what Occupation Double is..!

Le Casque de Mats is offline  
Old
09-24-2013, 10:29 AM
  #74
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 500



sometimes ...I love HF board

Rscorpio is offline  
Old
09-24-2013, 10:30 AM
  #75
Bryson
Registered User
 
Bryson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Why would Briere reopen that can of worms?
I thought the whole point of an interview was to get answers and to learn something new about that person that you didn't already know. As a fan I want to know, If it was for more money or whatever then fine just come out and say it but don't make it sound like it was always your dream to play here now that you're over the hill.

Bryson is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.