HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official GDT 11-22-06: Tampa Bay @ Florida

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 963
Awards:
wooooo hoooooo ...

Way to "suck" up two points...

11-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Tokala

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
I am going to bed now. I cannot put myself through this again tonight.

Nice first period you ****ing bums.
Well, did you miss it? They actually played a good 3rd period and got the win. You missed Boyle's 2nd goal of the season? Oh, and Richards had a pair of goals (although one was an ENG). Craig with a Gordie Howe hattrick.

OT: Anyone catch the end of the Caps-Thrash? 5 fights in about 30 seconds. Can't wait for their next game.

Old
11-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Maria

Well it is Atlanta of course, what happened?

Old
11-22-2006, 11:25 PM
shaner89

gotta keep Holmqvist in net. The team is completly different when hes in net.

Hes 6 and 3... thats should say enough. Finding ways to win.. thats what its all about

st louis had a big 3 assist game and craig had 3 points as well

Old
11-23-2006, 01:20 AM
Slitty

Any specific reasons (other than poor play) for Afanasenkov getting progressively less icetime the last little while?

Old
11-23-2006, 04:55 AM
robtootell

The negativity on this board is unbelievable, you all had them written off after two! It's as if the opposition are not allowed to score. Fluke goal..it's Tort's fault, deflected goal, it's the D's fault....Jeeez. Yes some guys are not playing to their potential, but equally we have guys who we have more out of already this year than we probably expected, but hey...that would be a positive thought so lets not talk about that. If you look at the Eastern conference and take out Buffalo and Philadelphia, every other team is covered by 7 points. Despite Tampa being such a terrible team, they are right in the middle of this bunfight for a playoff spot. So I guess other than the Buffalo board, every other team's board will be slagging off their team...I doubt it. Yes there is room for improvement but it is not the disaster many of you seem to be thinking you are witnessing. We are going to lose games and we will certianly not be the only team whipped by Buffalo. I watched them score 7 again last night, they are a top top team, and will probably win the Cup this year. If it's lack of effort then I agree with you there is no place for that, but are we that talented a team that we can be in the playoff spot race without even trying, I don't think so. Also CSF..stay in bed. Please just stay in bed.

Old
11-23-2006, 07:33 AM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
Well, did you miss it? They actually played a good 3rd period and got the win. You missed Boyle's 2nd goal of the season? Oh, and Richards had a pair of goals (although one was an ENG). Craig with a Gordie Howe hattrick.

OT: Anyone catch the end of the Caps-Thrash? 5 fights in about 30 seconds. Can't wait for their next game.

I watched it. Come on man, you had to know I wasn't going to bed.

Hey, you going to the game Sunday? Maybe we could meet up and have a beer.

Old
11-23-2006, 07:46 AM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtootell View Post
The negativity on this board is unbelievable, you all had them written off after two! It's as if the opposition are not allowed to score. Fluke goal..it's Tort's fault, deflected goal, it's the D's fault....Jeeez. Yes some guys are not playing to their potential, but equally we have guys who we have more out of already this year than we probably expected, but hey...that would be a positive thought so lets not talk about that. If you look at the Eastern conference and take out Buffalo and Philadelphia, every other team is covered by 7 points. Despite Tampa being such a terrible team, they are right in the middle of this bunfight for a playoff spot. So I guess other than the Buffalo board, every other team's board will be slagging off their team...I doubt it. Yes there is room for improvement but it is not the disaster many of you seem to be thinking you are witnessing. We are going to lose games and we will certianly not be the only team whipped by Buffalo. I watched them score 7 again last night, they are a top top team, and will probably win the Cup this year. If it's lack of effort then I agree with you there is no place for that, but are we that talented a team that we can be in the playoff spot race without even trying, I don't think so. Also CSF..stay in bed. Please just stay in bed.
Lack of effort is exactly what everyone is *****ing about. But thanks for your positive spin on things. Now go back under your rock. Please, just go back under your rock.

Old
11-23-2006, 09:56 AM
robtootell

You don't actually appear to have listened to anything that I said, but then again that is nothing new. If it's not your opinion then it is wrong. I have been visiting Tampa and these boards for 6 or 7 years now, primarily just to read interesting comment about my favourite hockey team. These boards used to be filled with intelligent and constructive criticism and praise of the TBL organisation from prospects to the big league. Regular contributors such as MissK, Sotnos, Hawkeye and Oceanic39 would engage in banter primarily with Petec1978, but at least it was thought out and of more interest than "we suck", "I,m pissed" etc. My how standards have fallen. It is no wonder the aforementioned are much rarer visitors to the site now, I wonder why. I shall go back to my rock, where words of more than two syllables are used on a regular basis, but then again we did invent the language.

Old
11-23-2006, 11:00 AM
timetraveler023
Unregistered User

Happy Thanksgiving you Panther-beating jerks. Next time.. maybe.

Old
11-23-2006, 12:13 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtootell View Post
You don't actually appear to have listened to anything that I said, but then again that is nothing new. If it's not your opinion then it is wrong. I have been visiting Tampa and these boards for 6 or 7 years now, primarily just to read interesting comment about my favourite hockey team. These boards used to be filled with intelligent and constructive criticism and praise of the TBL organisation from prospects to the big league. Regular contributors such as MissK, Sotnos, Hawkeye and Oceanic39 would engage in banter primarily with Petec1978, but at least it was thought out and of more interest than "we suck", "I,m pissed" etc. My how standards have fallen. It is no wonder the aforementioned are much rarer visitors to the site now, I wonder why. I shall go back to my rock, where words of more than two syllables are used on a regular basis, but then again we did invent the language.
Oh brother. If it isn't whose opinion then it's wrong? Give me a break. You can go anywhere on this board and find intelligent conversation and debate here other than "we suck." Obviously you haven't looked all that hard. GDT's are usually about reaction to a game that is being played at that time and usually there isn't any time to break down a game like you would like. And honestly, I don't give a damn how long you have been lurking and reading posts from the more "intelligent" posters around here (ah, the good old days).

And by the way, you were the one that started the drivel by coming in here and critisizing everyone, so don't slam me for coming back at you. You're the one who had nothing good to say about the people in here, not me. Maybe you are the one who didn't listen to anything you had to say.

Nice try though.

Old
11-23-2006, 12:20 PM
Hockeyfan02

Keep the thread on topic and take the discussion to PM please.

Closed Thread