HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2013, 07:29 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Groulx is the best coach in the Q, he knows what he is doing..
He's the coach I would want to win but he has also destroyed many kids' confidence. Many players shined once they left Gatineau. The last example of that is Kameron Kielly who's now doing great in Charlottetown.

He's worst with goalies though. He traded away Antoine Bibeau after one bad preseason game at 17yo... and Bibeau went on being one of the league's best goalie and being drafted last summer.

He seems to have done a good job with Reway so far... let's see how it goes.

Old
09-23-2013, 07:59 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Is it still preseason in the Q or have they started for real?

Still Gregoire just seems to be putting up points. Not bad for a projected 4th liner. I'll take a Talbot lite on my team any day.
He was drafted 5th overall in the 'Q afterall, he has skills, but I'm not sure those skills will eventually translate in the Pros. He's versatile enough to play many roles though.

Baie-Comeau have a really good team, but Grégoire is not getting carried by any means, he's in the middle of what makes that team a contender.

Old
09-23-2013, 09:15 AM
Tim Wallach

Sudbury loses their opener 10-3. I can only assume Connor Crisp played net.

Old
09-23-2013, 10:48 AM
ScopeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
He's the coach I would want to win but he has also destroyed many kids' confidence. Many players shined once they left Gatineau. The last example of that is Kameron Kielly who's now doing great in Charlottetown.

He's worst with goalies though. He traded away Antoine Bibeau after one bad preseason game at 17yo... and Bibeau went on being one of the league's best goalie and being drafted last summer.

He seems to have done a good job with Reway so far... let's see how it goes.
Guys that buy into his philosophy - Talbot, Krejci, Giroux - sure seem to well rounded players in the NHL.

Old
09-23-2013, 11:31 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
Guys that buy into his philosophy - Talbot, Krejci, Giroux - sure seem to well rounded players in the NHL.
You could add Pageau to the list.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:12 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollah Chowmeini View Post
Because sitting on the bench is a player playing the 'Olympiques way'. Not saying I don't get it, more just a criticism of the obtuse nonsense that is most coaching statements on a topic of any interest.
In the games i watched Reway over the summer, I noticed he often doesn't keep his feet moving and looks lazy at times so perhaps the coach feels he needs to be tough on him.

Quote:
Is it still preseason in the Q or have they started for real?

Still Gregoire just seems to be putting up points. Not bad for a projected 4th liner. I'll take a Talbot lite on my team any day.
the season started last week. I didn't know anything about Grégoire before but I don't see him as a 4th liner or in the Talbot mold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Grégoire was name first star of the game with 1G 2A
rightly so, impressive game from him as he was all over the ice all night long. Was the only Hab prospect that I never saw play a full game, but in watching him play 2 games now I must say i'm impressed as he seems to be solid at most things. Going to be interesting to see how he does the next 2 years.

Old
09-23-2013, 02:53 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
In the games i watched Reway over the summer, I noticed he often doesn't keep his feet moving and looks lazy at times so perhaps the coach feels he needs to be tough on him.
Gatineau got trounced by Val-D'or Friday. It's not normal for a President cup contender to lose so blatantly. They won their first few games without their stars and when the key players came back they lost. The coach wanted to humble down Reway who probably thought he was good enough to take it easy in the 'Q now that he had an NHL camp and a preseason game behind the tie.

He didn't even register a shot, and the team who is supposed to be a powerhouse got blanked by a 2nd to 3rd tier team.

It's only normal to have such a reaction when you have such a huge drop in competition. He'll be fine.

JF Plante who covers the Piques, explains it well in his blog

http://blogues.lapresse.ca/plante/20...%99humilite-2/

Old
09-23-2013, 04:25 PM
Grant McCagg

Groulx worked wonders with Reway last year..he came a long way in his attitude, and the Habs' brass credits Groulx with a lot of that.

Presumably, Reway read about how well he played at Habs camp and came back with a swelled head figuring the Q will be a cakewalk. I would imagine Reway was trying to do it all himself with end to end rushes..something I saw too often last year for my my liking.

Groulx knows what he's doing. Reway has no bigger backer than Groulx - told the Habs Reway will be in the NHL within a couple of years.

I know we live in a time when many of the younger generation thinks all pro athletes should be coddled (hello Louis Leblanc)...but I think that's horsebleep.

Old
09-23-2013, 04:51 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Groulx worked wonders with Reway last year..he came a long way in his attitude, and the Habs' brass credits Groulx with a lot of that.

Presumably, Reway read about how well he played at Habs camp and came back with a swelled head figuring the Q will be a cakewalk. I would imagine Reway was trying to do it all himself with end to end rushes..something I saw too often last year for my my liking.

Groulx knows what he's doing. Reway has no bigger backer than Groulx - told the Habs Reway will be in the NHL within a couple of years.

I know we live in a time when many of the younger generation thinks all pro athletes should be coddled (hello Louis Leblanc)...but I think that's horsebleep.
Coddling is for babies, professional athletes or at least the ones that intend to make a career for themselves, should have realized hard work prepares them for top competition. Some people need to learn that you earn the right to make a nice living by your professional attitude and the talent that separates one from the masses. Without both you become one of the rest, the player that becomes a last resort for coaches trying to lead a team, a bitter person whose ego doesn't equal his position in life.

Old
09-23-2013, 05:12 PM
kernkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Gatineau got trounced by Val-D'or Friday. It's not normal for a President cup contender to lose so blatantly. They won their first few games without their stars and when the key players came back they lost. The coach wanted to humble down Reway who probably thought he was good enough to take it easy in the 'Q now that he had an NHL camp and a preseason game behind the tie.

He didn't even register a shot, and the team who is supposed to be a powerhouse got blanked by a 2nd to 3rd tier team.

It's only normal to have such a reaction when you have such a huge drop in competition. He'll be fine.

JF Plante who covers the Piques, explains it well in his blog

http://blogues.lapresse.ca/plante/20...%99humilite-2/
Sounds about right to me.

Old
09-24-2013, 02:23 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
He was drafted 5th overall in the 'Q afterall, he has skills, but I'm not sure those skills will eventually translate in the Pros. He's versatile enough to play many roles though.

Baie-Comeau have a really good team, but Grégoire is not getting carried by any means, he's in the middle of what makes that team a contender.
wow. Didn't know about him being drafted 5th overall. I hope he can put it together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post

the season started last week. I didn't know anything about Grégoire before but I don't see him as a 4th liner or in the Talbot mold.

rightly so, impressive game from him as he was all over the ice all night long. Was the only Hab prospect that I never saw play a full game, but in watching him play 2 games now I must say i'm impressed as he seems to be solid at most things. Going to be interesting to see how he does the next 2 years.
Where would you peg Gregoire as of now? 3rd liner?

Old
09-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post

Ahhh... That's where it's coming from. The generation-Now gang is taking over the forums and expecting NHL players to be treated like a bunch of whinny, want-it-all right now kids that they are. Makes sense.

Old
09-24-2013, 12:40 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Robert Rice ‏@SeriousFan09 48s
Looks like a 2-point game for #Habs Artturi Lehkonen today in SM-Liiga play. Goal and assist.

So he should have 5 points in 5 games to start the season. #sisu

Old
09-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Looks like a 2-point game for #Habs Artturi Lehkonen today in SM-Liiga play. Goal and assist.

this is the GUY man!

lol but no for real, im thrilled and hope he progresses well, would be great to see him in a couple of years

Old
09-24-2013, 02:42 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
this is the GUY man!

lol but no for real, im thrilled and hope he progresses well, would be great to see him in a couple of years
He was also pretty young for his draft year, iirc. If he manages to hit a growth spurt like Eller... watch out. Adding some reach to his game would do wonders, especially considering how defensively capable he already is. From the scouting reports and the little I've seen of his game, I'm liking him a lot. Like I've said, seems to be the real embodiment of finnish sisu.

Old
09-24-2013, 03:01 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Where would you peg Gregoire as of now? 3rd liner?
not sure yet what role he would be suited for in the future, he seems to do a lot of things well but nothing great. We'll see how things continue to go for him, nice to see him get off to a good start to the year though.

Old
09-24-2013, 05:41 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

LOL I just checked what sisu meant. Wat?
... Oh yeah, the prospects. Awesome start for Lehkonen!

Old
09-24-2013, 05:47 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
LOL I just checked what sisu meant. Wat?
... Oh yeah, the prospects. Awesome start for Lehkonen!
I'm not sure how it can confuse you.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sisu

Old
09-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

My source for info too
I meant it's kind of weird using this for prospects. Then again it may not be.
Anyhow, yeah.

Old
09-24-2013, 11:03 PM
NewHabsEra*

Rimouski vs Gatineau friday on TVA sport

Gauthier vs Reway

Old
09-25-2013, 01:05 PM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

Artturi Lehkonen update

SM-liiga 5-2-3-5

<3.

Old
09-25-2013, 01:47 PM
glassbangers
"I home."

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert View Post
Artturi Lehkonen update

SM-liiga 5-2-3-5

<3.
His team is 3rd last in the league, they have won one game and they've scored 9 goals in 5 games. Lehkonen has been unreal.

Old
09-25-2013, 02:07 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
His team is 3rd last in the league, they have won one game and they've scored 9 goals in 5 games. Lehkonen has been unreal.
Good to hear, with the numbers he put up last season he should have a big year. Hope to see him fill out that frame though.

Old
09-25-2013, 02:19 PM
glassbangers
"I home."

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post

Hard to find Liiga-highlights from YouTube because of the new TV contract.

Old
09-25-2013, 02:38 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post

Hard to find Liiga-highlights from YouTube because of the new TV contract.
does his gold helmet signify that he still needs to add a few pounds before he gets the grown up black helmet?

Not much incentive, the gold helmet looks better.

Closed Thread