HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post Your 2013-14 Lineup

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-23-2013, 08:24 AM
  #326
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 9,516
vCash: 500
I think he's only played one preseason game. This week will be the real test.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 08:31 AM
  #327
MASE THE ACE
Registered User
 
MASE THE ACE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
I think he's only played one preseason game. This week will be the real test.

Good to know, ill tune in this week. This is the week were we should see more of a regular lineup to I believe

MASE THE ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 03:13 PM
  #328
lancer247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I thought about that line but I dont know how much it would work. Simmonds and Hartnell are very similar players in a sense that they are the crash the net type of guys. While I agree with their cycle I feel like with the current Lecavalier, I think they might need another holder going into the zone.

I do like hockeyfreak's lineup but I dont know if that will realistically happen. Lavy isnt the biggest changer in-regards to certain things. One of them I think is Voracek with Giroux.

The other I think is sadly Talbot being a 3rd line winger which he isnt.
I agree with what you are saying. I wonder if having Simmonds on a line with Hartnell would add some years to Hartnell's career. Hartnell can set up in the slot more often like he does on the PP instead of taking the pounding like he would do on other lines.

I can def see Talbot starting on the 3rd line especially for the 1st game against TOR. The Flyers will want to find a way to get Rosehill in the line up against a TOR that will be looking to impose its will on teams.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 08:51 PM
  #329
flyersfan28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
I agree with what you are saying. I wonder if having Simmonds on a line with Hartnell would add some years to Hartnell's career. Hartnell can set up in the slot more often like he does on the PP instead of taking the pounding like he would do on other lines.

I can def see Talbot starting on the 3rd line especially for the 1st game against TOR. The Flyers will want to find a way to get Rosehill in the line up against a TOR that will be looking to impose its will on teams.
rosehill need to play vs
toronto: orr and mclaren
boston:thornton
sabres: lol scott
islanders:boulton
montreal: parros
pens : engelland
columbus:boll
caps:erskine

flyersfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 08:32 AM
  #330
Flying
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Yamoussoukro, USA
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 246
vCash: 500
some of those guys (erskine etc.) don't really get played enough to use a lineup spot just to deal with them

Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 08:59 AM
  #331
kevinjd182
Registered User
 
kevinjd182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hatfield, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan28 View Post
rosehill need to play vs
toronto: orr and mclaren
boston:thornton
sabres: lol scott
islanders:boulton
montreal: parros
pens : engelland
columbus:boll
caps:erskine
Van: Sestito?

kevinjd182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 02:56 PM
  #332
DJB
Sens best prospect
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,845
vCash: 500
Is Rinaldo a sure fire bet to be in the starting lineup most nights?

DJB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 03:22 PM
  #333
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,039
vCash: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan28 View Post
rosehill need to play vs
toronto: orr and mclaren
boston:thornton
sabres: lol scott
islanders:boulton
montreal: parros
pens : engelland
columbus:boll
caps:erskine
Won't really need Rosehill against the bolded. Flyers are typically pretty good at ignoring those guys, or riling them up and making them take dumb penalties. Parros and Thornton play by the code enough that we don't have to worry about them going after Giroux or anyone. If they do, we have Emery.

The underlined are guys I doubt will make the regular lineup of their team.

Still up in the air about Boll, he's a good player.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 03:34 PM
  #334
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Is Rinaldo a sure fire bet to be in the starting lineup most nights?
Absolutely. Especially if he plays the way he did last season.

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 07:44 PM
  #335
TheShaneTrain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: East Greenville
Country: United States
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
something a little different:

lecavalier-giroux-voracek
schenn-couturier-simmonds
hartnell-laughton-read
talbot-hall-rinaldo
raffl/rosehill

timonen-schenn
coburn-streit
grossmann-meszaros
gustaffson

a bit nutty, but I kinda like it...fixes couturier's missing winger problem and I vaguely remember hearing he and schenn had chemistry during their time together in adirondack. grossmann/meszaros (assuming they stay healthy) is a third pairing I could live with too


Last edited by TheShaneTrain: 09-24-2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: spelling "issues"
TheShaneTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 08:18 PM
  #336
DJB
Sens best prospect
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Forsberg View Post
Absolutely. Especially if he plays the way he did last season.
Nice. Looking for someone who is going to accumulate a massive amount of PIM's this year.

DJB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 08:25 PM
  #337
flyersfan28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Won't really need Rosehill against the bolded. Flyers are typically pretty good at ignoring those guys, or riling them up and making them take dumb penalties. Parros and Thornton play by the code enough that we don't have to worry about them going after Giroux or anyone. If they do, we have Emery.

The underlined are guys I doubt will make the regular lineup of their team.

Still up in the air about Boll, he's a good player.
yeah last years
grossman fight parros
rinaldo fight thornton
and 2 years ago
simmonds fight engelland
vs the pens i want rosehill instead of talbot because engelland is a really tough fighter

flyersfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 08:27 PM
  #338
TheShaneTrain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: East Greenville
Country: United States
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
I still spelled gus' name wrong..

after the first two periods tonight, I retract my suggestion of mez/grossmann as the third pairing.

yikes.

TheShaneTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 11:44 PM
  #339
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,039
vCash: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShaneTrain View Post
something a little different:

lecavalier-giroux-voracek
schenn-couturier-simmonds
hartnell-laughton-read
talbot-hall-rinaldo
raffl/rosehill

timonen-schenn
coburn-streit
grossmann-meszaros
gustaffson

a bit nutty, but I kinda like it...fixes couturier's missing winger problem and I vaguely remember hearing he and schenn had chemistry during their time together in adirondack. grossmann/meszaros (assuming they stay healthy) is a third pairing I could live with too
Vinny's not comfortable on the left side. Said he's open to playing wing, but only RW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan28 View Post
yeah last years
grossman fight parros
rinaldo fight thornton
and 2 years ago
simmonds fight engelland
vs the pens i want rosehill instead of talbot because engelland is a really tough fighter
That will never happen. Rosehill in for one of our top 2 PK guys? Cmon...

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 12:04 AM
  #340
Broad Street Elite
Registered User
 
Broad Street Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Vinny's not comfortable on the left side. Said he's open to playing wing, but only RW.
Hmm, got a link for this?

I recall him saying that he had never played the right side before, but I definitely do not recall him saying he wouldn't consider it.

Broad Street Elite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 01:29 AM
  #341
flyersfan28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Vinny's not comfortable on the left side. Said he's open to playing wing, but only RW.



That will never happen. Rosehill in for one of our top 2 PK guys? Cmon...
yeah 1couturier-read
2laughton-rinaldo/giroux
last year when rosehill play with the flyers they win more games they loss

flyersfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 02:17 AM
  #342
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,039
vCash: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Hmm, got a link for this?

I recall him saying that he had never played the right side before, but I definitely do not recall him saying he wouldn't consider it.
Apparently he didn't say he wouldn't play LW, just advised against it But I recall the quote making the rounds pretty well when he was introduced. This was just the first link that popped up.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...uyout/2495629/

Quote:
"They asked me in the meeting if I could play wing," said Lecavalier, a left-hand shot. "I said certainly. I'm a lot more comfortable at right wing, my off wing, than on my left side. So right wing for me would be very, very comfortable. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan28 View Post
yeah 1couturier-read
2laughton-rinaldo/giroux
last year when rosehill play with the flyers they win more games they loss
Team won more than they lost with Adam Hall in the lineup too, doesn't mean he should replace Claude Giroux.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 11:26 AM
  #343
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 14,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying View Post
some of those guys (erskine etc.) don't really get played enough to use a lineup spot just to deal with them
Of all the guys for you to single out, you pick Erskine? He played 18:27/game last year for the Caps. He gets played more than literally everyone else on that list. Right now the Caps coaching staff is still pumping his tires as a top 4 defenseman for the Capitals, much as he was last season (however much Capitals fans might hate it).

The reason you don't need Rosehill against him is that Erskine rarely fights anymore. He only fought twice last year and three times the year before.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 12:12 PM
  #344
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 42,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan28 View Post
yeah last years
grossman fight parros
rinaldo fight thornton
and 2 years ago
simmonds fight engelland
vs the pens i want rosehill instead of talbot because engelland is a really tough fighter
If they want to skate Engelland and make their team weaker overall, I'm all for it. We don't need to reciprocate. With the instigator rule we can just ignore Engelland.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 03:16 PM
  #345
bauer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShaneTrain View Post
something a little different:

lecavalier-giroux-voracek
schenn-couturier-simmonds
hartnell-laughton-read
talbot-hall-rinaldo
raffl/rosehill
i've never been a big fan of putting all your best scoring weapons on one line. unless the Flyers really struggle to score goals the first 10 games, Vinny needs to be centering the 2nd line. that 2nd line just doesn't feel as threatening without Vinny, and that 3rd line looks like it would get scored on a lot.

bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 03:38 PM
  #346
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 12,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
i've never been a big fan of putting all your best scoring weapons on one line. unless the Flyers really struggle to score goals the first 10 games, Vinny needs to be centering the 2nd line. that 2nd line just doesn't feel as threatening without Vinny, and that 3rd line looks like it would get scored on a lot.
I'd like to see vinny with simmonds and Voracek. That line could rival our first line of giroux hartnell and schenn.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 03:50 PM
  #347
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I'd like to see vinny with simmonds and Voracek. That line could rival our first line of giroux hartnell and schenn.
I think you need to leave G and Jake together.

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds
Raffl-Couturier-Read
Talbot-Laughton-Rinaldo
Hall/Rosehill

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 04:33 PM
  #348
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 9,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I'd like to see vinny with simmonds and Voracek. That line could rival our first line of giroux hartnell and schenn.
Schenn hasn't done anything to justify replacing Voracek on the first line.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 06:02 PM
  #349
Jray42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,427
vCash: 300
If laviolette takes Voracek off of the Giroux line he deserves to be Fired imo

Jray42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 06:18 PM
  #350
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 12,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Schenn hasn't done anything to justify replacing Voracek on the first line.
it has more to do with the fact that voracek is as good a playmaker on the wing as we have and can set up vinny and simmer during ev play , which was a huge weakness.

If we have giroux voracek and hartnell together i am afraid we will become a 1 line team last last year.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.