HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs beat the Devils 3-2: Pre-season done the White way!

Old
09-24-2013, 04:52 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
All he was good for is being a 'steady' defensive presence: crushing bodies along the boards, and then passing the puck to Markov who took care of the rest.

His one glorious moment of his whole career was intercepting McCabe's pass to Kaberle and score on a breakaway. Otherwise a black hole offensively and a deer in headlights with the puck, absolutely no support on the rush, and kept coughing it up at the blue line in enemy territory.

When his one redeeming skill got taken away from him (indimidation) he got exposed for the bad hockey player he really is.

Tinordi is a far cry from Komisarek even at this age. He's involved offensively and taking care of buisness in his own end effectively, much more than Komisarek's one dimesion (hitting) could bring on the back-end, combining speed, defensive awareness, and a monster reach.
Komisarek was a monster at one point. I find it unfair to say Tinordi is already better.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 04:56 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Komisarek was a monster at one point. I find it unfair to say Tinordi is already better.
Well personally, I never recall when he was a monster. I am not a Komisarek basher, at least I don't think, but he was never that good.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 04:56 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
He already moves the puck better and skates better, at least.

You could probably throw in better fighter.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 04:59 PM
Lebowski

A classic case of getting caught up in the moment and overrating our prospects, in my opinion...

Lebowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Komisarek was a beast in the physical game. I remember him running over Lucic on a regular basis against Boston, he'd abuse him like a bad stepchild. He was filled out at 6'4" 235-240lbs, Tinordi is not 100% physically mature, but only 22 also. If only he kept his gloves on, or got boxing lessons...

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 06:11 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Komisarek was a beast in the physical game. I remember him running over Lucic on a regular basis against Boston, he'd abuse him like a bad stepchild. He was filled out at 6'4" 235-240lbs, Tinordi is not 100% physically mature, but only 22 also. If only he kept his gloves on, or got boxing lessons...
He did excellent against Gleason imho.

Edit: As StellerEller pointed out below, I h4z poor reading skillz

Last edited by Aspirine: 09-24-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Well personally, I never recall when he was a monster. I am not a Komisarek basher, at least I don't think, but he was never that good.
He was among the league leaders in hits and blocked shots for a while. He was a defensive beast. Lucic put an end to that.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 06:20 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushin Joo View Post
He was among the league leaders in hits and blocked shots for a while. He was a defensive beast. Lucic put an end to that.
Losing 1 fight (and not even that badly) does not completely undo you as a person or a professional. This narrative needs to die, already. Komisarek was already having a tough ass season and was always being carried by markov anyway.

So what that he led the league in hits and blocked shots? Put him next to karlsson or subban now and he'd do the same again, most probably. Doesn't mean he'd be playing his position all that well.

Old
09-24-2013, 06:21 PM
StellerEller
Saku :D

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
He did excellent against Gleason imho.
I think he meant Komisarek should have took boxing lessons.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Losing 1 fight (and not even that badly) does not completely undo you as a person or a professional. This narrative needs to die, already. Komisarek was already having a tough ass season and was always being carried by markov anyway.

So what that he led the league in hits and blocked shots? Put him next to karlsson or subban now and he'd do the same again, most probably. Doesn't mean he'd be playing his position all that well.
Absolutely not. Komisarek is only a shadow of his former self at this point.

Old
09-24-2013, 06:31 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushin Joo View Post
That's part of my point, though. He was good at only that, hitting and blocking shots. I forgot the part where he was elite at shot blocking. But my point still stands, he was null at defending besides from those attributes. Tinordi is much more. I understand how it may see like me preferring the new toy when someone is under that impression that omisarek was actually a decent defender but he was just good for one job and that's being Markov's defensive partner. The parameters for the job were defined and restricted, and that's where he thrived.

Old
09-24-2013, 06:32 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:

He's now attrocious, can't play the game anymore.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
He's now attrocious, can't play the game anymore.
That's what happen when you sell your soul.

Bob should have traded him before he walked.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 06:37 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Absolutely not. Komisarek is only a shadow of his former self at this point.
He still puts up tons of hits. Didn't say anything about how many goals would be whizzing by.

Old
09-24-2013, 06:38 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
He still puts up tons of hits. Didn't say anything about how many goals would be whizzing by.
Komisarek at the time was way more than just a hitting machine, c'mon now...

Old
09-24-2013, 06:41 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Meaner? Not sure about that.
You don't have to be polite. He's not even in the same zip code of "mean"/"nasty" as his dad - not that Mark was in the same league with guys like Stu Grimson or Peluso, or Pronger at his "peak", even.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 06:42 PM
StellerEller

Quote:
Agreed. He was far from being an elite defender but he was a rock for us. Some players just go downhill, Komi was one of them. I'll never fully understand how a guy that big and that willing to be physical would be so terrible at fighting. I feel bad for him to be honest.

Old
09-24-2013, 07:27 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
I disagree, and I don't know why you aren't directing this reply at me to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Agreed. He was far from being an elite defender but he was a rock for us. Some players just go downhill, Komi was one of them. I'll never fully understand how a guy that big and that willing to be physical would be so terrible at fighting. I feel bad for him to be honest.
Players 'just go downhill' like wat? No they don't, it's their livelihood we're talking about. Komisarek was exposed once he wasn't paired with one of the best defenders in the NHL at the time.

Why would you feel bad either? He thought he had a better chance with our arch rivals and failed miserably. As a Habs fan you point and laugh.

Last edited by poetryinmotion: 09-24-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old
09-24-2013, 07:31 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
You don't have to be polite. He's not even in the same zip code of "mean"/"nasty" as his dad - not that Mark was in the same league with guys like Stu Grimson or Peluso, or Pronger at his "peak", even.
called too polite and too harsh in the same day on HF. I love you guys.

But yeah, agreed.

Old
09-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Rosso Scuderia

People have very short memory. Komisarek was a fan favorite here and played very well for us.

Markov-Komi was a great defensive pair. Perfectly balanced.

Rosso Scuderia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 07:38 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
People have very short memory. Komisarek was a fan favorite here and played very well for us.

Markov-Komi was a great defensive pair. Perfectly balanced.
I have a long memory friend.

He was a fan favorite, including myself, but that doesn't mean anything about his effectiveness. We cheered his bodychecks, and his tenacity, it was old time hockey back in MTL with him and Quintal for a while and it was great. But his defensive proess was limited to clearing the front of then net, passing it to Markov and banking it off the glass for an icing.

Old
09-24-2013, 07:39 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

I disagree. He was great for us.

As for the lucic thing. I agree here. Let's be honest, defensive d-men don't have a long shelf life. The guy separated his shoulder, lost his confidence and took a beating blocking shots for years. He didn't have strong hockey IQ but he got by and played his role extremely well. The card house fell down for multiple reasons. I just don't think it's fair to say he wasn't great for us, he was really good.

His plan to go to the leafs and not be THE physical element was a smart move career wise because he wouldn't have to carry a team in that department but when he went to TO he tried to do wayyyy too much and he got worse and worse. Lost more confidence and his body didn't exactly stop taking punishment. It's downhill now.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 07:41 PM
StellerEller

Quote:
I disagree. He was great for us.

As for the lucic thing. I agree here. Let's be honest, defensive d-men don't have a long shelf life. The guy separated his shoulder, lost his confidence and took a beating blocking shots for years. He didn't have strong hockey IQ and he got by and played his role extremely well but the card house fell down for multiple reasons. I just don't think it's fair to say he wasn't great for us, he was really good.

His plan to go to the leafs and not be THE physical element was a smart move career wise because he wouldn't have to carry a team in that department but when he went to TO he tried to do wayyyy too much and he got worse and worse. Lost more confidence and his body didn't exactly stop taking punishment. It's downhill now.
Very true. When you're body is that big (He's was/is about 240lbs. ) it must get harder and harder to drag all that weight around when you're banged up as time goes on.

Old
09-24-2013, 07:43 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:

Disagree. For a couple of years, Komisarek was one of the best defensive defenseman in the game. Hitting everything, while being a shot blocking machine.

That fight wasn't just a beating on his pride, he messed up his shoulder pretty bad in it.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 07:45 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Disagree. For a couple of years, Komisarek was one of the best defensive defenseman in the game. Hitting everything, while being a shot blocking machine.

That fight wasn't just a beating on his pride, he messed up his shoulder pretty bad in it.
By that logic so was Luke Schenn. N'either were ever prime defenseive defenseman ever during their careers, calling Komisarek that is just habs fan pride.