HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Training Camp Thread (Final Impressions Time - Countdown to Opening Night)

Old
09-24-2013, 08:07 PM
drwpreds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Stalberg will not return to the game with an "upper body injury"
Hockey Gods- have mercy on us this year, PLEASE???

drwpreds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 08:17 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Simon Says SCORE!

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 08:20 PM
PFL615

Clune shut down on breakaway. rebound by moser for the goal. Shots: 17-5 in favor of Preds.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Our roster looks fine on paper now, but it's not like we'll be injury free this year. I'm legitimately worried it'll be last year all over again.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 09:40 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic because it's a new season but this defense is going to be ridiculously good.

Side note: Yahoo's new format brings me back to the days of angelfire and that's not a good thing.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 10:42 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
holy crap... our first two injuries of the season are to Forsberg and Stalberg??? really? REALLY??

Pekka better be not just healthy but superhuman...

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Smilodon

Forsberg's injury is minor according to Trotz.

Smilodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 11:26 PM
thecloser

1. I'm scared about Stalberg's injury. Just what we need an injury in the preseason.

2. We have to sign Moser. I've seen both pre-season games at home and he seems like the real deal. Sign him and move Spaling and one other piece to make the space.

Gotta be done.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 12:15 AM
Smilodon

So, what moves should we make to fit Beck and Moser on the roster? Is it possible? Likely?

Smilodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 01:10 AM
Nashville Transplant

Of course, I don't speak officially, but from a very reliable source, Stalberg is out "2-4 weeks" --- Hopefully closer to the 2 than the 4...

Nashville Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 01:34 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant View Post
Of course, I don't speak officially, but from a very reliable source, Stalberg is out "2-4 weeks" --- Hopefully closer to the 2 than the 4...
I wouldn't ask you to reveal your source(s), but... what's your affiliation with the Preds? If you're Nystrom's brother or Clune's cousin's brother-in-law, I suppose you just can't respond. The way you preface your comments, sounds like you're fairly well plugged in.

As far as Stalberg's injury, I'm guessing it was a shoulder issue. I'd rather give him 4-6 weeks to make sure it's healed properly. Don't want another Wilson/Gaustad-type problem that lingers throughout the season. His absence from the lineup also provides another roster spot for someone like Beck or Moser.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 01:44 AM
Nashville Transplant

Can't reveal the source, but I'm not related to anyone within the organization. Just have a handful of people who occasionally converse with me, and don't mind if I share the info. (Of course, I would not ever leak something that had deeper ramifications... trades, etc.)

Over 50 years of watching the game, I've been blessed with a bunch of friends that have included players, coaches, trainers, NHL league executives, etc.

I am just an old "uber" fan. Not much more. I have written a handful of pieces that have gotten to national blogosphere/website press, but I don't hold any media credentials.

Again, I'm hoping we're looking at 2, not 4 weeks, but what I heard was "2 to 4."

Nashville Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 01:46 AM
thecloser

yes the injury gives Moser or Beck a spot but only temporarily. If its Moser what do we do once Stalberg is back? Its not as simple as saying oh hes out its ok weve got this guy to plug him in. From what im seeing on the boards Moser wants NHL or Swiss. Preferrably NHL.

Granted it has only been a couple of pre season games but Moser is an upgrade from Spaling and if we sign him that almost for sure pushes someone out of a job...Spaling, Smith, someone else? He's shown he deserves a spot in my opinion.

Just a side question.....why didn't we see Aberg in training camp? I thought his ETA to be PLAYING in NA was around next year...so why didn't he even show at camp like some others even though they went back to juniors or elsewhere...?

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 02:17 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
Just a side question.....why didn't we see Aberg in training camp? I thought his ETA to be PLAYING in NA was around next year...so why didn't he even show at camp like some others even though they went back to juniors or elsewhere...?
None of the Europe-based players showed up because their seasons have already started. Aberg has 3 points in 4 games with Farjestad.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 05:50 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
1. I'm scared about Stalberg's injury. Just what we need an injury in the preseason.

2. We have to sign Moser. I've seen both pre-season games at home and he seems like the real deal. Sign him and move Spaling and one other piece to make the space.

Gotta be done.
In regards to number 2, I went last night and while it was nice he scored, I think pretty much anyone who was skating forward with their stick on the ice could've put that one in. I like what people have said about Moser but the real deal? He's not a physical gamea changer. He didn't seem to make any plays that stood out or set his teammates up. Not trying to be difficult but what did he do that made you say that? To get rid of a guy who we know can play in the NHL in Spaling for a guy that has played 2 preseason games is a bit of a stretch for me at this point.

Even Drouin, who is highly touted didn't stand out to me last night. It wasn't until the third period that I saw him on the ice and he was skating to the bench and I saw his name so if a kid who was number 3 in the draft didn't impress, I'm not going to rid myself of an NHL player for a guy who hasn't shown me that much yet. Then again, that's just me. Maybe he did more in that first game.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 06:20 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I want to get rid of Spaling to play Beck.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 06:44 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I want to get rid of Spaling to play Beck.
Personally, I'd be shocked if Spals was on the opening day roster. My only question is if we can get a pick for him or if he hits waivers.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 07:14 AM
Kebs

I saw the Stalberg injury first hand last night, because it happened right in front of where I was sitting last night on the glass. He barely got hit on his right shoulder, but it might of been where there was little or no shoulder padding. My friend and I both saw it when he grabbed his shoulder in pain. It didn't look that bad of a hit to me fairly light hit, but it raised a flag of it might of aggravated an injury he was dealing with. He was clutching his right shoulder wincing in pain.

Kebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 07:47 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebs View Post
I saw the Stalberg injury first hand last night, because it happened right in front of where I was sitting last night on the glass. He barely got hit on his right shoulder, but it might of been where there was little or no shoulder padding. My friend and I both saw it when he grabbed his shoulder in pain. It didn't look that bad of a hit to me fairly light hit, but it raised a flag of it might of aggravated an injury he was dealing with. He was clutching his right shoulder wincing in pain.
My angle was similar to yours and I saw the same thing. My son who plays turned to me and said that was not much of a hit, either he was already injured or it got him in an unpadded spot.

darth5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 07:49 AM
PFL615

Stalberg out for the rest of preseason. Geeze we DO not need the injury bug again. My gosh when will it move on.

To the fella who has inside sources. Thanks for posting info. It's nice to get that kind of info!

What was the crowd like last night? I hears a lot about the crowd on Sunday but not a peep about last night.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 08:05 AM
sighthndlady

It was a nice crowd, but there were plenty of empty seats. Event summary says 13,089. Sunday was 15,502.

Lots of fun to be there last night. Before we get too carried away, though, I think the Preds were about 3/4 actual team, while Tampa Bay maybe 1/2 to 2/3? So we should have done well, although maybe not dominated as much as we did.

Moser did fine, but I'm not yet sold that he's going to be better than some of our established guys like Spaling.

Interesting that Drouin was pretty much invisible (16 minutes of ice time) Tuesday while Jones was very, very much in evidence on Sunday.

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 08:09 AM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
I believe that was only for while Music City Center was being built. Seems like it would be gone now.
Nope - I parked there last night.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 08:35 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
I will be at the game tonight at the VC rocking my gold. Unfortunate about Stalberg (and likely Forsberg); was hoping to see them both in action. I'll try to collect my own thoughts / recap from the game and post them here afterwards.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
It was a nice crowd, but there were plenty of empty seats. Event summary says 13,089. Sunday was 15,502.

Lots of fun to be there last night. Before we get too carried away, though, I think the Preds were about 3/4 actual team, while Tampa Bay maybe 1/2 to 2/3? So we should have done well, although maybe not dominated as much as we did.

Moser did fine, but I'm not yet sold that he's going to be better than some of our established guys like Spaling.

Interesting that Drouin was pretty much invisible (16 minutes of ice time) Tuesday while Jones was very, very much in evidence on Sunday.
For me the same can be said about Stamkos. He had 19+ minutes and I didn't even realize he was playing until his penalty. Even after that I didn't notice him again until he scored with 45 seconds left.

Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 08:47 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Personally, I'd be shocked if Spals was on the opening day roster. My only question is if we can get a pick for him or if he hits waivers.
I'm guessing with us already down 2 men, No trades will be made.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote