Hanlon is a LIAR

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Magnus Fulgur

vCash: 500
Hanlon is a LIAR

From TSN.CA: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=185531&hubname=nhl

Both coaches said the verbal exchange continued in the Verizon Center halls. Hanlon said that despite holding the lead, Atlanta instigated it all.

''A 21-year-old kid with a cut mouth (Mike Green) gets his head knocked off,'' Hanlon said, ''and one of their players (Ilya Kovalchuk) is grabbing our captain and grabbing his cage and shaking it. Our players responded. What the heck are they supposed to do?''

Mike Green has a cut mouth
He is 21
Kovalchuk never grabbed and shook Clark's cage
Sutton never connected with Green
Hanlon is a liar.
Did the players really respond, or did Hanlon just put Brashear out there? Nobody hit Kovalchuk or Sutton...again, Hanlon is a chicken-dancing liar. I hated how earlier in the game a questionable call was made against Atlanta and Hanlon was caught on camera winking to the refs. He immediately realized what he did and he started looking around nervously touching his nose and chin like a tweaked out child. After the game Hanlon came down toward the Atlanta lockerroom...heaven knows why. Hartley said they just ignored him and walked by (that's accoring to the www.ajc.com story on the game).

Last edited by Magnus Fulgur: 11-23-2006 at 11:02 AM.
Old
11-23-2006, 10:54 AM
WolfKeeper

He's probably getting ready to run for office

Old
11-23-2006, 11:51 AM
kracker1

That TSN article is the same one they have on the NHL game recap page, by an Associated Press DC area hack, written to minimize, actually largely ignore, the goonery by Hanlon and his Washington Chicken Wings, formerly known as the Capitals. It failed to mention league star Hossa getting pummeled by 6-4 Erskine and that Vish, on the same FO, tried to resist fighting Brashear, likewise that Larsen took sucker punches to the face from Sutherby on the next faceoff. Of course, no reference to Chicken Wing Hanlon flapping his arms.

Reminds you a politics story, yes? Just rewrite the events to suit your bias.

Old
11-23-2006, 11:55 AM
kracker1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalPunishment View Post
Hanlon has no need to lie about anything.
Well, he did. Loved his Chicken Wing flapping. How juvenile.

Old
11-23-2006, 12:04 PM
StevenintheATL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kracker1 View Post
That TSN article is the same one they have on the NHL game recap page, by an Associated Press DC area hack, written to minimize, actually largely ignore, the goonery by Hanlon and his Washington Chicken Wings, formerly known as the Capitals. It failed to mention league star Hossa getting pummeled by 6-4 Erskine and that Vish, on the same FO, tried to resist fighting Brashear, likewise that Larsen took sucker punches to the face from Sutherby on the next faceoff. Of course, no reference to Chicken Wing Hanlon flapping his arms.

Reminds you a politics story, yes? Just rewrite the events to suit your bias.
The article must have been written by a Fox News reporter......

Last edited by gobolt7: 11-23-2006 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Quote deleted post
Old
11-23-2006, 12:36 PM
KieferUGA

If you're down here in the Atlanta area, the Sports South replay is at 2:06 in the 3rd period.

Old
11-23-2006, 04:54 PM
Mothra

All I can say is thank your boy Sutton for all this mess.....if you dont think that his total and obvious headhunting isnt what pushed this over the edge....well....you are just looking at it with blinders

I have no problem with big hits near the end of games where the outcome is all but official.....but there are FAR too many concussions and head injuries in hockey and had he connected, there would have been another.

You can blame Hanlon and the Caps all you want, but there is a reason that many around the league/HF look at Atlanta as a dirty/cheap team

Old
11-23-2006, 05:43 PM
Magnus Fulgur

I've already said that what Sutton did was wrong. I've said is was dangerous, and disrespectful. That pretty much means that it's a cheap shot.

Now, back on subject...Hanlon is lying through his teeth about what happened. He should be fined separately for his comments.

Old
11-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
I've already said that what Sutton did was wrong. I've said is was dangerous, and disrespectful. That pretty much means that it's a cheap shot.

Now, back on subject...Hanlon is lying through his teeth about what happened. He should be fined separately for his comments.
I think its fair to say that we might not have seen/heard every single thing that happened on the ice last night from the comfort of our living rooms (or wherever our TV's are)

Old
11-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
He should be fined separately for his comments.

Old
11-23-2006, 07:08 PM
kracker1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra View Post
All I can say is thank your boy Sutton for all this mess.....if you dont think that his total and obvious headhunting isnt what pushed this over the edge....well....you are just looking at it with blinders
Maybe I am, it didn't look that bad to me.

However, one can tell a lot from the penalties assessed to Sutton. He got 2 + 2 penalties for hi-stick and roughing. No intent to injure penalty, no game misconduct. NHL disciplinary actions taken today included no further penalties to Sutton. Unless that changes that's what happened: A missed hit resulting in minor penalties that Hanlon grossly over-reacted to, his team having blown a 2-0 lead at home on the way to their fourth loss in a row.

Seems to me you can thank your boy Hanlon, to use your words, for all this mess. Drink up.....

Old
11-23-2006, 07:24 PM
enm1ty

Quote:

However, one can tell a lot from the penalties assessed to Sutton. He got 2 + 2 penalties for hi-stick and roughing. No intent to injure penalty, no game misconduct. NHL disciplinary actions taken today included no further penalties to Sutton. Unless that changes that's what happened: A missed hit resulting in minor penalties that Hanlon grossly over-reacted to, his team having blown a 2-0 lead at home on the way to their fourth loss in a row.

Seems to me you can thank your boy Hanlon, to use your words, for all this mess. Drink up.....
Are you blind? Can you read? Look at Sutton's past history. It spells it out clearly how dirty he is, and yeah, maybe Hanlon's actions were kind of overboard, but Hartley is no saint. The guy is a friggin idiot. He allows behavior like this to happen because he doesn't tell Sutton otherwise. THEY WERE UP 4-2 WITH A MINUTE LEFT IN THE GAME, that sort of **** isn't necessary. Then Hartley has the balls to call Hanlon's bluff by putting out three "non-fighters", KNOWING that the Caps wouldn't roll over and not do anything, and THEN act like HE'S the victim. You have to be kidding me, Hartley. You're not fooling anyone, idiot.

Sutton's actions started all this, NOT Hanlon. You have a sense of time, right? Surely you can figure out what incident occured before the other.

Many Thrashers fans completely ignore the reason why this started, which has been said too many times. At this point, it's ignorance and homerism that continues arguments like these, because people can't open their eyes and see things from a neutral standpoint. GOD FORBID that ever happens.

Calling Hanlon names is as childish as his actions, but it's a game of hockey, not a ****ing ballet recital.

Clark is called cheap/classless for pulling Kovalchuk off of Green/Clymer, standing up for his teammates and apparently "trying to go with Kovalchuk" while wearing a chin guard. News flash, it's not like he chose to wear it. Perhaps you missed the fact that Clark got hit in the ****ing mouth with a puck during the Bruin's game, lost two teeth and had his palate bone crushed. Kovalchuk grabbing Clark's cage and shaking it...that's classless/cheap.

When Atlanta fans are the only fans that are saying Atlanta isn't wrong, then you know the truth.

Old
11-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Mothra

Quote:

You are the only one I have seen (Atlanta fans included) that says "didn't look that bad to me" in regards to Sutton....but I guess since he doesnt intentionally try to injure people every single time he gets called for a penalty it must be fine then....

thanks for your input....it speaks volumes and addresses something I pointed out in another thread.....yup, all Hanlons fault...and Sutton is just a stand up guy that everyone outside of Atlanta (and many inside) are just wrong about....glad you cleared it all up

Old
11-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Sutton wasn't headhunting. Why the hell would anyone headhunt some no-name anyways?

Old
11-23-2006, 07:48 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Sutton wasn't headhunting. Why the hell would anyone headhunt some no-name anyways?
he is only a no-name to those that dont follow hockey

Old
11-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Yeah, no one's ever gone headhunting after a rookie before.

Of course not.

Old
11-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Foy

Quote:
I wouldn't call the +/- leader among all rookies a no-name. This kid is going to be a #1 d-man for a loooong time.

Old
11-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
I wouldn't call the +/- leader among all rookies a no-name. This kid is going to be a #1 d-man for a loooong time.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but no, no he wont. He sucks, sorry.

Old
11-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
I wouldn't call him the +/- leader among all rookies..
http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/app?fetc...ewName=summary

Old
11-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Oster

Send a message via AIM to Oster
I don't think Sutton should have been trying to do what he attempted but your team's reaction doesn't make you any less guilty yourselves and I'm sorry but Hanlon looked like a complete and utter jackass during those last 2 minutes. And as if the Caps don't do their fair share of dirty play, I guess Vigier's nose broke itself at the closing seconds of our last meeing, my mistake. I don't think theres really any need to "get even", we've won the last 4 against you guys, seems to me you are the ones who need to get even.

Last edited by Irish Blues: 11-23-2006 at 09:40 PM. Reason: deleted post was trolling - if I delete this, the rest of the thread has to go.
Old
11-23-2006, 08:26 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oster View Post
I don't think Sutton should have been trying to do what he attempted but your team's reaction doesn't make you any less guilty yourselves and I'm sorry but Hanlon looked like a complete and utter jackass during those last 2 minutes. And as if the Caps don't do their fair share of dirty play, I guess Vigier's nose broke itself at the closing seconds of our last meeing, my mistake. I don't think theres really any need to "get even", we've won the last 4 against you guys, seems to me you are the ones who need to get even.
good time to remind you that it was the Caps who knocked the Thrashers out of a playoff spot last season

Old
11-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Oster

Send a message via AIM to Oster
Quote:
good time to remind you that it was the Caps who knocked the Thrashers out of a playoff spot last season
Actually if I remember right the game that we needed Tampa Bay to lose they ended up winning so it wouldn't have mattered if we beat you guys anyway.

Also I guess it would be a good time to remind you, those points from last year ... yea, they don't count anymore. That's the beauty of new seasons .

Old
11-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
we've won the last 4 against you guys, seems to me you are the ones who need to get even.
well if your not going to win the games you might as well win the fights.

Old
11-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Tristelune

Quote:
Actually if I remember right the game that we needed Tampa Bay to lose they ended up winning so it wouldn't have mattered if we beat you guys anyway.

Also I guess it would be a good time to remind you, those points from last year ... yea, they don't count anymore. That's the beauty of new seasons .
Is sad to say but should we win last 2 games last season (including one we lose to Washington), then we would have been into the playoff. Montreal would have been excluded. ^^

Old
11-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Irish Blues

Closed for cleanup - and yes, some of you will be hearing from me shortly.