HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

When Lidstrom is done with his career, where is he ending up?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-16-2006, 08:40 PM
  #26
sparr0w
Registered User
 
sparr0w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
Probably should've checked on Pronger. 2000 was one of the best performances by a d-man ever, at least since Orr, shame Pronger's never been able to capture that magic again. Neidermeyer was a very close second and really the 2nd time Lidstrom has faced and beaten truely strong competition. Neids would have won. Chelios was great in '02, but his lack of offence would have made him vunerable for alot of voters, if Howe outscores Blake, then he has a very good chance that year. Lidstrom killed the competition in 00-01, he may have had over the hill competition, but he was head and shoulders above the rest, Howe would likely win.

So, of Lidstroms 4 Norris wins, we can guestimate that Neidermeyer takes one, MacInnis takes one and Howe would have a shot at two, one almost certain win and one with tough competition from Chelios.
Like Lidstrom did? That's the one year where Nick got edged out on that bugs me.

sparr0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 08:48 PM
  #27
Nalyd Psycho
Registered User
 
Nalyd Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: No Bandwagon
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick View Post
Like Lidstrom did? That's the one year where Nick got edged out on that bugs me.
Lidstrom won the Norris that year.

__________________
Every post comes with the Nalyd Psycho Seal of Approval.
Nalyd Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 08:52 PM
  #28
sparr0w
Registered User
 
sparr0w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
Lidstrom won the Norris that year.
Right. Got distracted by Blake to remember the whole point of your post.

Don't mind me.

sparr0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 08:56 PM
  #29
God Bless Canada
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bentley reunion
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
Probably should've checked on Pronger. 2000 was one of the best performances by a d-man ever, at least since Orr, shame Pronger's never been able to capture that magic again. Neidermeyer was a very close second and really the 2nd time Lidstrom has faced and beaten truely strong competition. Neids would have won. Chelios was great in '02, but his lack of offence would have made him vunerable for alot of voters, if Howe outscores Blake, then he has a very good chance that year. Lidstrom killed the competition in 00-01, he may have had over the hill competition, but he was head and shoulders above the rest, Howe would likely win.

So, of Lidstroms 4 Norris wins, we can guestimate that Neidermeyer takes one, MacInnis takes one and Howe would have a shot at two, one almost certain win and one with tough competition from Chelios.
Chelios was good enough to win the Norris in 2001-02. He lost by only 41 votes, and had one less first-place vote than Lidstrom. (Lidstrom put up the big gains with 10 more second place votes).

God Bless Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 09:11 PM
  #30
Nalyd Psycho
Registered User
 
Nalyd Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: No Bandwagon
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada View Post
Chelios was good enough to win the Norris in 2001-02. He lost by only 41 votes, and had one less first-place vote than Lidstrom. (Lidstrom put up the big gains with 10 more second place votes).
True, but it is attainable as we know many Norris voters look too much at points.

Nalyd Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 10:05 PM
  #31
hattub
Registered User
 
hattub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevchar1971 View Post
1. Orr
2. Harvey
3. Shore
4. Bourque
5. Potvin
6. Robinson
7. Lidtrom
....and so on...
Just wondering as i've never seen him play, but were would you put Tim Horton on that list.

hattub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 10:17 PM
  #32
Nalyd Psycho
Registered User
 
Nalyd Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: No Bandwagon
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattub View Post
Just wondering as i've never seen him play, but were would you put Tim Horton on that list.
Not my list, but he's usually just outside the top 10. 12-16 range.

Nalyd Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 10:19 PM
  #33
God Bless Canada
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bentley reunion
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattub View Post
Just wondering as i've never seen him play, but were would you put Tim Horton on that list.
I picked him in the all-time draft as about the 15th defenceman, and I think that's right about where he belongs. One of the strongest players ever, and one of the best defensive defencemen ever. If he played at a time when defencemen were able to jump up into the play, I think he'd have put up close to a point-per-game. He did set the record for most points by a defenceman in the playoffs in 1962.

God Bless Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.